The Runaways: Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh that's sweet of you."
Korey says with a smile, pushing a strand of her white hair back behind her ear. She was happy to see that he was smiling, even if her power may had something to do with it. He looked better with a smile. She sat down in the passenger seat after Crisp held the door open for her. It was swoon worthy at best. Then again, she was one of those girls who swooned over anything to do with chivalry.
"Crisp huh. Well, Crisp. You look very cool with those sunglasses."
The white haired girl says before seeing him stick his hand out to her. Laughing a little, she shook his hand gingerly, a twinkle in her hazel eyes.
"The name Korey."
She introduced herself as her smile changed to a amused smirk. This was going to be one hell of a ride. In a good way.
"And since you've been such a nice guy. I'll take care of paying for gas until you drop me off."
With that, her hand slipped from his grasp and she ran it through her hair. This was the first time she offered to do that, maybe because she wanted to keep in good graces of Crisp. Because he was a nice guy, attractive too, but she also did not want to use her powers on him too much. For some reason, she knew she was going to spend quite a bit of time with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ex Machina
"Agent Walker, don't be alarmed." Soothed the male in attempt. "Remain calm, follow me, or you will put these people in danger." He adds. Caleb slowly stand up and turned around, rustling through a bright red book bag and taking out his torn up 'blankie' or 'blanky' it seems.

He turned back at the agent holding the gold large cloth in his hand and sat back down."Can you explain to us how? Everyone is sleeping, and we're just going to vacation." He yelled at the agent who slowly walked away.

The feeling of following him became stronger, stranger also and somehow, Elise found herself standing up and grabbing her lighter bags than luggage which held important stuff instead of the larger luggage she had. Elise out from following behind the agent but also looked over her shoulder, eyebrows furrowed with worry as her eyes seemed confused.

No, resist the temptation of desire! He mentally screams out and followed right behind Elise in a rush, as everyone on their plane were still sleeping. As Caleb grabbed onto Elise's hand with his, his other hand was still holding onto his blanky for the most part, he tries to yank her away but to no avail the two still somehow follow.

"What's going on!?" Elise whispers looking at Walker with worry."What did we do? Why do you want us?!" She raises her voice letting out a small squeal of fear as if some tiny prey Infront of a large predatory about to be torn limb from limb and she looks around frantically. Something is wrong and she has a bad feeling about it, as much as Caleb does.

The doors of the black SUV were opened as soon as the kids exit the airplane. Agent Walker walked ahead, Elise and Caleb followed behind like ants following a scent trail. He explained to them what was the situation.

"I can tell the two of you don't know anything about anything. All will be cleared as soon as the both of you get inside that vehicle. We can do this the easy way and nobody gets hurt. And I prefer not to hurt anyone." He tried his best to sound sincere even though he came across as irritated. "I know you have special abilities, and the reason I know this is because I'm one of you. Surely you can tell we are the same. You can't read my mind, and I can't read yours. But this should be the least of your worries. I have years of training, I've mastered my abilities, and you are just beginning to understand yours. You are no match for me, so please, as much as I would love to spank your behinds, don't try it. Get in the car."

"Your bedside manners need improvement agent Walker." It was a woman who spoke, her golden head peaking out from the SUV. "Elise, Caleb, please join me, we have much to discuss."

Caleb and Elise felt unsure still. Slowly an hesitantly taking steps forward they stopped."Wait--we already planned for the trip." She whispers intimidated by these people already. And frightened, and since those would trigger her powers to become even more dangerous she tried resisting a bit more.

"It'll be a waste of our money we earned ourselves.... And my pet. Where will you take us?" She asks. Yes lots of questions were in the kids minds before they would hop into a strangers car foolishly and Caleb grabbed Elise's arm."Sorry, but we don't hop into strangers cars." He shrugged. Once her arms as touched, Elise instantly looked over her shoulder, her hair covering the side of her face. She was thinking nervously but so just froze and looks back at Walker before looking back up at Caleb biting her lower lip and covering the side of her face, whispering.

"The lady.."

But by the time she looked up at Caleb he seemed to be two steps ahead of her. Not one, two. He was trying to read the lady's mind. She was thinking of other things besides what would happen if they jumped in the car, but he didn't give up, and released Elise, throwing his blanky over his shoulder while also holding it like a baby, adding on to his loving behavior towards such an 'inanimate' thing.

He tried reading through other peoples minds, those who worked with them. But they too, knew until one seemed to break off. Another agent screaming in his mind loudly,"They'll fix your blanket!" and immediately Elise heard his thoughts too, looking towards the direction. Seemed like he planned on mentally saying that to walker and Caleb tilts his head looking at walker. As if a small and stubborn child who tried resisting before shrugging and walking towards walker slowly.

Elise shook her head through the confusion. She was surprised. If this continued on, she'll surely unnecessarily snap. She didn't want to break her streak, she's gone through 3 years with no accidents purely and she walks Infront of Caleb who so suddenly couldn't resist."C-Caleb?" She asks. He walked faster, and Elise stepped Infront of him trying to push him back, only to be walking backwards with her arms on his shoulders. She looked down, arms and legs trembling."They're lying!" She shouted."Your 'blanky' can't be fixable! You know it!" She reminds looking up at him. But the smell only got stronger for Caleb and he grabbed her tightly with one hand, dragging her along behind him.

He stayed quiet for the most part until she heard his voice."So tell me...." Caleb said as he walked to walker."Are there more like us?" He asks walker. "Why us specifically?" He adds. Elise tried to walk back but Caleb was far stronger than her. What was he planning? He was acting right?

Being frightened to death as she was literally being dragged from behind, Elise squatted on the floor, holding Caleb's hand with both of hers as if trying to pull him back to her but to no avail failed. Instead of being a distance far away before, they were now a yard from the car and walker. At least Caleb didn't actually plan on going in, and Elise's heart beated quickly, as if it were going to come out any time soon.

"Elise, Elise, listen carefully. We are here to help you," the voice of the woman spoke in Elise's mind. She was telepathic. "We are from homeland security, we need to get you and your bo to a safe location. Please get in the car."

Walker was losing his patience with the teenagers. In his mind they were unfit to be alive, full of human emotions, and if it was up to him they would both be dead by now. Nothing would give him more pleasure than to be rid of them. But he was a soldier first and he had been given orders to bring them back. And he never failed to do his job.

He watched as the boy came at him, he could sum up the boy was ready to fight, and if it came to it he was ready. "There are others like us, yes. You want to meet all of us, then get in the car. I'm not going to ask again."

The other suits pointed their weapons toward the teenagers. The doors to the airplane were shut and its engine roar as the plain started to power up.

----------------------------------
ON THE TRAIN TO CHICAGO
----------------------------------​

Mira had found a table, or rather she had been seated at one by a waiter. Everyone had to share the seating, and it wasn't long before someone else was seated at her table. His name was Albert, and he was a soldier on his way home dressed in civilian clothing. He was young too, and he was interested in making small talk. He did most of the talking and Mira kept her answers short.

"I haven't seen my family in almost a year now," he said. "They don't know I'm coming, its a surprise. I can't wait to see my mom's face when she sees me." He chuckled at the thought.

Mira smiled politely. She was reading his mind, he was excited and feeling happy. But his mind was also full of images of war, horrific things he had experienced, which he tried hard to keep in the back of his mind. Yet his thoughts and memories were so easy for Mira to abstract. He was an open book, easy to read and comprehend, and for a few moments Mira digested all she needed to know about him. He thought she was cute, and he couldn't believe she was traveling alone. He felt an attraction toward her, as he had not really talk to a young woman in almost a year. At least not one so closely seated and in person. But he was too much of a gentleman to do anything stupid, plus his heart belong to another, and it was she who Mira reminded him off.

"Have you been to Chicago before? Its a beautiful city. We should hang out, my girl and I can show you around?"

"I'm headed to California." She stopped herself, she had told him too much. But she was never going to see him again so what difference did it make.

"California! Wow, never been. You have family there?"

"My father." Her father, the word sounded strange coming out of her mouth. She couldn't remember what he look like.

"Hi! I'm Shawn, your waiter. Are you ready to order?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Caleb stand there, his jaw stiffening. Once he heard weapons click, ready to fire if problems started he looked back."Here to help, or here to use us?" He said sneering the slightest bit. Elise looked around frantically, the weapons were up now and they seemed more alert because of Caleb, who seemed to be testing, no-- challenging he mans temper. Elise quickly got Infront between the two and even though it would indeed be a bad idea to go with these people, she couldn't help it.

Her feelings were spiraling into a vicious circle and she looked up at Caleb then at walker, tippy toeing."We'll--We'll go. Just--Please don't hurt us.." She spaces out whimpering. Caleb looked down at her, eyebrows furrowed as he gave her a funny look, yanking his arm away from Elise."Are you kidding me Elise?" He said with a tone. Who cares if this man was superior with his powers? He was not going to take them in as slaves or something and Elise looked up at her childhood friend. She knew her powers would be possibly stronger than walker's, perhaps any other powerful human with powers, but she didn't want to hurt anyone because of her emotions which caused bad effects once triggered.

Caleb stubbornly refused, and Elise reached over, yanking his beloved security item away."Don't start Caleb! There's no choice!" She hissed worriedly. Caleb froze in surprise. When he tried to grab his blanket back, Elise sat in the car taking it away. Caleb lets out a frustrating sigh turning around and soon walked into the car, ultimately, slamming the door shut. Enough force to shake the car the slightest bit. Elise looked down handing him his blanket and there was a silence.

Gordon went along with what Jeff stated by writing it down on his notepad. Mostly they were scribbled notes, hard to read and decipher for anyone, but they acted more as reminders for him. So this investigation would mean contacting others, but he would hold off on that. "Alright, I'll do this job. I'm going to see if I can find information on my own first, you can rely on me," Gordon assured. Sitting at his desk, he opened an internet browser. If she was a teenager, it was likely that she had a social networking page or showed up in the local schools roster. This was the usual routine for the jobs of this nature, kids found their ways online even if they didn't have the internet. It was easy to find a yearbook picture of her via the schools website. It was just a face shot, but it would suffice.

So now Gordon had a face, age, school, location, and destination. That was enough to go on for now. "See if you can route the credit card bills to me for a little while before you report them stolen, it would be a good way to track her. I can cover her expenses. Now just one last question. Do you know if she might be with anyone? Particularly, anyone like...Well, like us?" He asked, referring to himself and Jeffs daughter. This would be important because he wouldn't be able to read their minds. "I imagine she's made friends, and since we can't read each others minds, it's possible that in New York, there may have been others of her graduating class that were like us. I understand you probably don't know, but It's important for me to ask."

"I don't really know if she met others of her kind," said Jeffry. "Its possible but the best person to ask is her grandmother. I don't even have the creditcard information you need. Let me get you Anita's address." Jeffrey grabbed the rolodex on the wooden desk and searched for Anita's telephone and address. He provided Gordon with the information and ended the conversation.

--------------------
AT THE AIRPORT
--------------------​

As soon as the teenagers enter the government vehicle the doors were locked. The vehicles fell into a caravan line, and the black SUV took the middle position in the moving car line. They exit the airport just as the airplane, that had been stopped at the runway, finally lifted up into the air. And everything around them continued as if nothing ever happened.

"I'm Kimberly Armstrong," said the blond headed woman, "and we are from homeland security. We have a lot of ground to cover so before you start asking questions, which I will answer," she said reassuring. "I need you to tell me what you know about your origin, where you come from, and your family?"

There was nothing in Kimberly's demeanor that came across threatening. She was genuinely interested in the two teenagers, and she wanted nothing more than for them to trust her. It was already clear to her that they knew nothing about who they were. And they were runaways, which would make it easier for them to be recruited into the G.A.A.I. program. But it wasn't yet clear if they were hybrids or the real deal.

Kimberly kept her mind clear and easy to read, knowing full well the teenagers had the ability, but they lack the discipline and training she had. And while they could read her mind, easily, they could not access information from her that she wasn't willing to give them. She knew how to block them, how to hide her secrets and most private thoughts from any mind reader. Well, at least those below level five. She dint' have any other powers, she did not posses the skills the teenagers had, she couldn't move objects with her mind. She was not one of them, she was human.

ON THE TRAIN TO CHICAGO
----------------------------------​

Mira picked on the serving of french fries from her plate. She was hungry, but she didn't feel like eating anything else, not even the veggie burger she ordered. She didn't like the taste. Albert was eating a double cheeseburger with bacon like it was the best burger he'd ever tasted.

"You don't like your burger," he asked, taking another big bite from his meal.

"It taste nasty," she said, shaking the head in disgust.

"You need to eat real food. Want some of mine?" He spoke with a mouth full, but she understood him.

"No, thank you. I don't eat meat. I'll just eat the fries."

"I need you to tell me what you know about your origin, where you come from, and your family?"

Funny, very funny. A first meeting and this woman was asking this? Elise looked up at Caleb who seemed disobedient and he looked at Kimberly before looking back out the window and leaning his head on it as if simply tired. His golden yet torn up 'blanky' in his hands on his lap he stayed quiet for a moment before answering.

"You're the ones who came and took us first, shouldn't you already know about us then?" He scoffed with a tone. Elise looked back at Kimberly and the other man in silence, awkwardly. Caleb did have a point and she points at the man before quickly putting her finger down, and looking down apologetically. Pointing was rude, and she was well mannered yet soft spoken."Sorry.." She mumbles, her voice barely audible."And sorry for his behavior." She adds apologizing for Caleb.

"I am from an adoptive family. I discovered my powers of mind reading when I cheated on a test as a child." She said avoiding eye contact, as staring felt uncomfortable."I don't want to say how I knew I had powers... Bad things happen from my emotions." She quickly adds, mumbling very quietly in mid sentence.

Caleb listened in silence."My mother told me about getting into strange peoples cars." He said jokingly yet with a dull tone."Especially, to watch out for men, the ones who daringly approach more then a women." Added Caleb sneering ever so slightly as he held the worn out and torn up blanky to the side of his face, resting on it like a pillow against the window. He softly groans out of tiredness, adjusting himself to a sideways slouch against the window and shrugged. His attitude suddenly changing to a more non-hesitant and reassuring personality.

"My mother gave me up to live a better life than her. And she, my biological mother, gave me blanky.." Caleb then proudly admits and grins showing the two others his blanky, acknowledging it. He then continues." I was adopted by a slightly wealthy family, had an older brother who looks like me, and discovered my powers by saving me and my brother from a vicious dog who tried to attack us." The male then looks down at his torn up blanket and pulls it up over his head Infront of his face revealing the huge knots, tangles, and various holes that were to big or to small. It looked like a useless piece of torn up cloth, and Caleb seems to be wrapping the layer over the knot forming a circular thing that almost looked like a pillow and went back to slouching against the window looking at walker and Kimberly.

It was a surprise that the blanket, after all these years, still had his biological mothers scent which never ceased even after Caleb would wash it in the washing and drying machine and he buries his face in the blanket, acting much like a baby for an old age slightly laughing."Oh and me and Elise are best friends." He adds, voice muffled from the blanket as he was also catching the permanent scent of his mothers.

An idea struck Caleb as he stopped burying his face in his blanky and slowly placed it over his lap looking at walker. He then points at him and blinked but then put his finger down and furrowed his eyebrows showing him pondering something about walker. He was pondering about a comment, but it may be to weird and stupid to say so he looked at Kimberly who was sitting next to walker. So thinking of another comment he looked at Kimberly.

"I wanna sit next to that guy I don't like."

He said nonchalantly."The one that took us." He adds. Elise gave Caleb a weird look."Well.. Caleb, you're sitting Infront of him... Err, near him." She whispers. Caleb looked down at her blinking."Not enough." He responded so calmly. Elise who took this answer the wrong way furrowed her eyebrows even more. How could Caleb act so lovingly and take interest on walker already? She thought.

"Wait.. What?"

"You said I'm near him, I say not enough. You weren't the reason why I went." Shrugged Caleb. Trying to process things, Elise shook her head in confusion."Huh? Not enough? Me not being the reason you came? Do you like that guy who you seemed to hate?" She asks then looks around in the car very surprised and confused and stared back up at Caleb who gave her a weird look as well.

"Wait--What!?" Caleb repeats getting how Elise is thinking."I didn't stutter!" Elise said nervously. Caleb looked at Kimberly then at Elise. So they took his words misleadingly and he lets out a deep sigh burying his face in his blanket before looking at them both."No--no no no." He said embarrassed by the words that were previously mistaken."He smells like mommy. My real mommy." He responded. Elise's heart stopped racing and she lets out a sigh."Oh.. My god. I was like,'I thought you didn't like him'." She whispers."But wait... Your biological mother? I smelt something else." She said. Not caring, Caleb looked at Kimberly."What's that guys name again? I wanna sit next to him." He said.

So that's why Caleb's tone and mood changed abruptly. Walker had perhaps tried using his powers on Caleb and managed to have the scent of his biological mother that Caleb couldn't resist and immediately behaved in the car as he looked out the window looking rather depressing again."And as far as liking or likeliness goes, I don't know." He shrugged. Elise had the feeling that Caleb may slowly become clingy to walker, with the whole mothers scent--now she was the worried one but she tried to ease herself thinking the opposite.

"You are right," Kimberly confessed. "I probably know more about you than you know about yourself. My concern is getting you to understand the truth. But know that I am here to help you, as long as you cooperate and help me figure out what happened to your parents."

Kimberly paused and pulled up to her lap a briefcase from behind her legs. She pulled out a file and opened it; it revealed documents and pictures of both teenagers and their parents. She passed the pictures to the teenagers, the pictures revealed their parents wearing US military uniforms.

"Your parent's were agents of a government program specializing in UFO intrusions into restricted U.S. airspace. They investigated the incidents that disabled U.S. nuclear missile response capability closely associated with UFO intrusions, over U.S. nuclear missile sites. The UFO's have intruded with impunity and on multiple occasions into what can only be regarded as some of our nation's most intensely monitored and highly defended strategic airspace surrounding our nuclear missile installations. The preponderance of evidence your parent's uncovered now clearly indicates that the UFO phenomenon is real, and the ET hypothesis is its most likely explanation.

These intruders are, very likely, of non-Earth origin, and the highly advanced technologies which have enabled them to arrive here also render them invulnerable to any weapon which mankind has yet devised. ET beings have been, for over 65 years, observing our civilization, such as it is.

These findings have placed us in a highly vulnerable position, which does not seat well with our government.

G.A.I.I. an international scientific research group, funded through and overseen by the United Nations, was established. G.A.I.I. engages in scientific research with a goal to discover the means by which UFO's function in our atmosphere and produce the energy required to travel interstellar distances to arrive here. The information we learned from such an undertaking has made a positive contribution to human scientific progress and quality of life, but we never imagined the scope to which our research has taken us - truly unimaginable and without precedent in mankind's history.

We established first contact, and a meeting between the ET intruders and human soon fallowed. It was discovered that a body of ET, which we now call Homins, infiltrated our societies predominantly living amongst us as humans here in the US. They've been lining amongst us for centuries. These Homins share human physiology and surprising look quite human. What sets them apart from humans are their psychic and telekinetic abilities." Kimberly stopped. She wondered if Elise and Caleb understood the ramification of what she was telling them.

Gordon wrote down the information provided as the conversation was summed up. It was fair enough that he was unaware weather or not his daughter had met more of their kind, in fact it was almost expected. There was no way around it, really, he'd have to visit her grandmother to get the information. He'd have to go to Brooklyn, which was quite a trip from his location. Regardless, he had to prepare his things. A trip this far meant he needed money, in case he were to stop by anywhere to eat on the way or find himself in need of gas, and drinks so he didn't have to stop anywhere else. He was thankful that he always had cases of bottled water to load into the back seat of his car, it was convenient.

He'd been to New York City many times, there was quite a bit of work there, but a lot of it was small, such as finding out if husbands were cheating and other such tasks. Gordon preferred large tasks, much like the one he was starting now. after loading his water, he thought to himself what else he might need. He knew he would need his Cell Phone and Laptop, so he continued to think as he went back into his house and grab his electronics. He thought he was fine with what he had, his wallet, phone, and a pocket knife in 3 different pockets, his laptop and drinking water in the back, and himself. Seemed well enough for him to head out, now, heading southeast to get to Brooklyn.

This drive would be a while, but Jeffry needed him to do this, and Gordon was probably the only one that could, given that Mira would read minds, it would be easy to locate and avoid any other investigator. Driving away from his home, rather than shrinking in the distance, it covered itself behind the hilly landscape of the local area. Trees passing and the unkempt backroad he lived in passing beneath his wheels, he turned on his CD player and hoped the music would make the trip feel shorter.

large.gif

((ooc: sorry it's not my best post :x))

It was early in the morning and Marshall is tired. Beyond tired, actually. He thought about getting a cup of coffee but for some odd reason, Marshall wasn't feeling up for the energy liquid. It was kind of weird, really.

With his luggage near him, Marshall was standing around, not sure what to do. He was standing in front of a small cafe, not many customers or rather; none at all (because the store wasn't open in the first place). The whole city was asleep, the crack of dawn just about coming.

The teenager couldn't believe what he was doing, where he was at currently and the things that wasn't allowed was now...it just didn't matter anymore. Before the Asian left his parent's, or should he say--adoptive parent's house, he brought few things with him to the journey. The journey to California that is. Cash, few pair of clothing(s), a pack of cigars, and of course; a lighter. But most importantly, a letter. A letter that will answer to all of his questions.

He clicked his tongue as he slipped the red box from his pocket, taking a stick. He then lit the stick up, inhaling the nicotine. Usually Marshall doesn't smoke but maybe the time right now is right. He was feeling...stressed. Confused, anxious; angry. Confused if everything was a whole lie. Anxious who his real parents are. And angry at everything. Angry at himself. Angry that he woke up one night and heard everything. Everything that he did not expect to change his entire life forever.

Pulling a small luggage behind him, he wandered to nowhere in general until he found a taxi driver coming near by. Marshall waved a hand, leading for the cab to stop. The glass window lowered, showing an older man who instantly reeked of cheap wine and dirty socks.

"..Wherre'do ya want me to take ya?" The driver sullenly asked. He looked rather bored. Marshall threw the luggage across the cramped car, finding litters all over the place.

"I don't know," He sighed. Marshall rubbed his hands together, looking outside for a brief moment. "..The nearest airport?"

"That'll take 'in hour."

"Oh well." Marshall ducked his head from the hood, tucking his parka together. He went inside the yellow cab, making himself feel comfortable while he tries to not smell the faint scent of cat urine. Marshall rolled down one of the car window, lowering it than before.

It was quiet for a few second until the driver looked behind, making eye contact with Marshall, "That'll cost twenty bucks. Pay up the greens." The Asian took his wallet out without any question, taking out many one's then finishing the deal with a five bill. The driver started to count under his breath, until he grunted and shoved it in his pocket, "Put out the cigar."

Marshall couldn't help but feel annoyed a bit. He did what the man asked in the end though, and simply squished the butt between. His fingers stung, the fire seeping through his skin but he didn't care. He then tossed it out from the window, not caring if he littered.

"Tough man aren't ya?" The driver commented. Marshall said nothing.

His journey was only beginning.

Last edited:
Mira opened her eyes after sleeping the night trip on the Amtrak train to Chicago. Her body ached from sleeping in a chair, and she wished she'd purchased a bunk instead. She never imagined how uncomfortable the night had been and what it meant for her body to be so many hours in a chair. She needed to walk and stretch.

Passengers had come and go and hardly any of the people that boarded with her in New York City remained. She looked around but most were still sleeping. She opened her bag to look for her toothbrush, she wanted to wash her mouth but it was the letter of her father that she pulled out. It dawn on her that she had not read the rest of the letters her father had sent her through the years. She went into her carry-on bag and pulled out the box containing the letters. Seating down again she opened the box and pulled out a letter to read. The stamp date was June 06, 2009.

Dear Mira said:
Happy Birthday! I trust all is well and hope you've enjoyed your recent birthday. If I'm correct you are now twelve years old. How I wish that I could see a picture of you, to see how much you've grown. I bet you look like your mother and most likely you are just as beautiful. I would have sent you a gift but there is no guarantee that you will get it. After nine years of writing to you and not once getting a replied, I'm not even sure if you are even reading these letters. I write them because they help me cope and keep my mind busy. But I think about you all the time, I think about what life would have been for us had your mother not passed away. Some things in life just can't be avoided. But I've no regrets and I hope that I get a second chance to prove to you how much I love you and wish we were together. One more year, four-hundred and sixty-one days to be exact, and I'll be free. Then I can come get you and we'll move to California like I told you.

Your loving Dad,
Jeff

Tears fell on her face as she finished the letter. She felt the anger rise inside her. But she was mostly confused about everything. She grabbed another letter and begun to read it, and when she finished she grabbed another letter and so on until she had read them all. Her father had written one letter every month for the ten years he was incarcerated. She didn't have all the letters there were obvious gaps, letters missing and she could not tell if it was because he didn't write or if her grandparent's tossed them. But what she had was enough to know that her father loved her and he had every intention to be her father and have a relationship with her. He had planned to come get her after he completed his time, and he did come for her but her grandparent's refused to give her up. She was thirteen when he came and she remember the visit. Then her life seem to have gone to hell after that, nothing was ever the same once she learned the truth about her parents.

In all the time that passed since then her grandparents refused to talk about her mother. They only told her that it was her father who killed her by giving her drugs. It was a harsh news to learn that her mother was a junkie and that her father had been incarcerated for attempted murder. But what was more shocking was waking up one day and realizing her powers. The powers that have ruined her life.

The conductor made the announcement; the train had finally reached Chicago and was just a couple of minutes from reaching its final destination. Everyone was already up and moving around, collecting their things, but Mira looked out the window. She took in the scenery as the train moved passed the first stretch of houses and suburbs and soon a picturesque view of the city.

Smiling at the girl, Crisp said getting onto the road "Thats a very pretty name for a very pretty girl." He smiled trying to play it cool, his face feeling hot."Don't worry about gas money, I got it covered. So where you wanna go Ms. Korey to go?" He remembered the jewelry stashed in the back of the car, and turned onto a slightly busy road.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
((Just seeing if this helps. @Lonewolf888978 ))

"Aww. Jeez, I bet you say that to all the girls."
Korey replies feeling flattered by the compliment. It showed by how she fiddled with her hands as a bashful smile graced her lips. Not that it wasn't the first compliment she has gotten. Though it was just, weird for her to hear them. Granted that when she was younger she was teased a bit due to her having more baby fat then the rest of her peers. Yet she didn't let it bother her a bit.
"Well. I need to go to California. But you can take me to as far as you are willing to go."
The white haired girl answered nonchalantly, normally she would give them a specific destination to drop her off at. Then again, the police found her a lot quicker than she anticipated, so she couldn't look over a map. Looking out the window, she watched all of the many people walking on the sidewalk to their own destinations. Maybe they were walking home.
Home.
The word she longed for without the vile people who took her away from her real home. For all she cared, those two could go get stuck in the belly of Steve the Whale. Despite her hatred for them, she couldn't openly say that she wanted them to die. They did raise her... Kind of. They tried to anyway. They were the only-.
No. She was not going to go over this now. They took her away. They left her alone. They never told her either. Never gave her the option to know the truth.
For that, she couldn't look at them the same. Her life was a lot easier than most. Yet it still had it's own problems that she had to resolve herself.​

Elliana Close looked out her bedroom window, which faced the backyard. It was early morning, and the flowers were shining with morning dew. If she squinted, she could see the bees already beginning their journey for food. Looking towards the small garden, she could see that they were doing well. Smiling, she turned back into her bedroom, which was dark and gloomy compared to the outside. She sighed, and looked around at the room, as if trying to burn the memory into her brain. She certainly planned on never coming back. Her bed, cramped into a corner of the room, her desk, open journal upon it, the movie posters on the walls. She gazed upon it all, fond memories surfacing in her mind. She turned away, hastily finishing her packing.

She had just zipped her suitcase shut, when she heard her sister, Angelina, turn her music on in the other bedroom. 'Oh no. I can't do this while she's here. No, no, no...' Elliana turned her head to look at her desk. She grabbed her messenger bag, and packed her computer, along with the charger. She grabbed her phone charger, and turned off the mouse, and packed that too. She closed her journal, and put that in there too, along with some pencils and erasers. Turning to her bookshelf, she looked over the books, wondering if she could bring some with. 'Lets see, what should I bring with... George R. R. Martin? No, I don't need to be reading that... Hmm... What about Tolkien? Yes, yes! Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, I love those books! Can't let them go...' She hastily grabbed those four books, and placed them in the bag, and then looked to see if she forgot anything. 'Nope, nothing. So, now I worry about how I leave...' She couldn't just drag her suitcase out the window... 'I'll have to risk it. Go out past Angie's room. I just hope she can forgive me...' She hated leaving her 'sister'. Even if Angelina wasn't her real sister, Elliana still felt like they could have been sisters.

It took a few minutes of building up her courage, but Elliana finally stood up and donned the messenger bag. Tying her hair up, she picked up her suitcase and placed it on the floor. She rolled it out, quietly as she could, out to the living room. She grabbed a Post-It note, and scribbled out a message that read,
{I'm sorry I left without telling you guys, but I'm going to be gone for a while. You can start worrying if I'm not back in four days. (: Goodbye.}

Breathing out slowly, Elliana turned to the door. She got to her car, and packed the trunk. She got into the drivers side door, and she realized that she was shaking. She could feel her heart pounding in her ears, and she realized she was breathing hard. She leaned back in her seat, her eyes closed, trying to calm herself down.
'Yes, I know you've never done this before. Yes, you've never gone anywhere without them before. But you know what? This is all part of becoming an adult. Doing things on your own. You can do this. Just start Google Maps, and get going.' After confirming her route, she started off. "Alright, driving all the way. 600 dollars to my name. This is gonna be a bumpy ride." She smiled as she drove down the street. "Just gotta stop at a book store. I need a new journal... One specifically for this trip."

The government vehicles pulled into what looked like a warehouse just outside of Washington DC borderline. The gates of the edifice opened and the vehicles entered inside. When the SUV Kimberly and the teenagers came to a full stop Walker opened the doors. Kimberly stepped out first, followed by Elise and then Caleb. She lead them through a secured door that required her finger print to be scanned. Once inside it became clear this was not a warehouse but a secret facility full of military personnel. There were some individuals in suits walking the corridors, but mostly everyone was wearing some type of military uniform. None seem to pay any attention to them.

Kimberly escorted the teenagers to an elevator that descended deeper underground beneath the building. Instead of numbers there were letters on the elevator key pad, none made any sense to anyone but the personnel. Kimberly pressed the S key and stepped back. Walker looked at his watch as if he just realized he had somewhere else to be.

"This is GAII's training site. Here you will gain the skills to master your powers," she said to Elise and Caleb. "There are others here with similar abilities, others like you, though you are both the youngest members." The elevator stopped and the doors opened, revealing a cavernous room with a long bridge overhead that stretch across the room from end to end. Armed guards walked the bridge and some white coats with tablets in hand looked down at the trainees scribbling down on the tablets their observations. To each side there were several glass wall rooms with people training their particular skills. Man and woman of all ages, types, and sizes, doing incredible things with their minds.

"Before we start your training we need to do some testing." informed Kimberly. "This Doctor Chenn, he will be instructing you from here on. I will be back to see you in a couple of hours, after we've all rested and eaten, and we can continue our conversation then."

Dr. Chenn was a small Asian man with slanted tiny eyes and thin mouth, and he spoke very fast and with a heavy accent. He bow out of habit and asked the teenagers to follow him. As he passed the glass-wall rooms people waved and greeted him. He lead Elise and Caleb through another door, into what looked like a medical examining room. There were other Asian white coats going about their work inside the room.

------------------------------------------
LOWER EAST SIDE APARTMENTS
------------------------------------------

Anita was getting ready to go to the hospital. She checked herself in the mirror and fixed the unmanageable strands of hair that fell behind her ear. She noticed the bags under her eyes that had formed from all the crying, she tried to cover them with a little foundation as best she could managed. She paused pensively, her eyes were full of worried and sadness. She had one daughter in the hospital and the other missing. She tossed the makeup tear sponge on the dresser and grabbed her cellphone. She called her husband.

"It's me, how is she?" She was asking about her daughter Lucy.

"Okay, I'm heading out now. Want me to bring you something to eat?" She hadn't consider to make her husband something to eat, but she could buy something on the way back.

"No, nothing yet. Jeffrey hasn't hear from her either. And I called just about every person I can think of but nobody's heard from her." She walked out of the bedroom toward the kitchen.

"He said he was going to hire some investigator, that I should wait to be contacted, but if I don't hear from anyone today I'm getting the police involved."

CHICAGO UNION STATION

Mira exit the train and quickly got lost among the crowd. She didn't want to bump into Albert, and she was worried the police would be looking for her. She found the woman's restroom and snuck into a stall to kill some time. When she came back out Kookie was standing by the mirror waiting for her. The two walked closed together. It would be several hours before she boards another train, this one going straight to California. She started to walk around, looking at the stores and shops and found sushi restaurant and went inside.

Through the silence the teens looked around. Once Kimberly was going to dismiss herself, Elise immediately looked at her alerted with worry in her eyes. "Um..Wait." She whispers under her breath, But the woman was already walking away and Elise was pushed by Caleb to follow the Asian man quietly. The place was unusual and quite large as Elise looked around with her backpack still on her and whatnot. They passed some glass walled rooms, and others waved back, some even smiling and welcoming them mostly through facial expressions and hand gestures--However Elise hid her face slightly by placing a fist over her lips, covering the bottom part of her face out of both shyness and nervousness. She didn't know how she felt or should at least and pretty soon they stopped at a medical examing looking room where there were other lab coated people present.

Elise blinked, looking over her shoulder up at Caleb. What was this exactly? Maybe it was a good choice to control her powers...But then again-- Elise couldn't control her powers at all. It was best that she shut them away and not use them at all. Because even if she did know control--That would lead to even worse things and more calamity most of all and the nervousness came back again. "So, what do we do?" Asked Caleb yawning.

Idling across from the entrance to a station in Chicago, a young couple say their goodbyes to new friend headed in a different direction. They wish they could help out a little more, but they have somewhere to be and they can't make any detours. They didn't mention the funeral they were headed off for, that was a sad subject and they didn't want to spoil the pleasant conversations they had with their Cali-bound companion. They got the feeling he knew somehow though, from the sympathetic look he showed them and the kind words he left them with. Had they been so obvious? "Good luck! I hope you find what you're looking for!", a young man not much older than Riley said to him as the boy stepped out of the car. "Thank you for everything! I'll look you up and let you know how things are going once I make it to LA!", he called back as they started to drive off, waving to the pair who waved back before they left. He turned toward the station and took a breath, then gathered up his overstuffed duffelbag and put the strap over his shoulder.

Just a day ago he'd set off to find his biological father, leaving behind the almost nomadic life he lived with his adoptive parents. He didn't feel regret running away from the couple that raised him, a fact that felt wrong to him. It was true that he'd grown distant from them, but he should have felt at least a little sad to be parting ways with his family, shouldn't he? He felt excited and nervous, but not sad. Not even a little bit. If he made his way to California and met his father, maybe the man would take him in and give him the sort of home he'd always wished for, the sort that stayed in one place longer than a few months. Riley had written a note and left it in his bedroom, though with as little time as he spent around them he got the feeling his parents wouldn't find it or realize he was gone for a while, then headed out. He'd originally thought he'd catch a ride to the bus stop and go from there, but the first strangers to pick him up decided to take him a bit further than he asked when he explained his goal. He wasn't sure if it was really cutting his travel time that much, but he was happy for their company in any case.

Now he'd gone in and asked about routes and departure times, showing how little he'd really thought out his travel plan. After getting the information he needed and went off to wait, a grumbling in his stomach reminded him that he hadn't eaten since he left home. There was a bit of time before he was due to leave, so he figured he might as well find someplace to grab a bite and slipped his cellphone out of his pocket. A quick look at the surrounding area with the help of a popular Google service yielded a few results, one of the closest being a sushi place where, unbeknownst to him, another with the same destination as his was dining. Riley considered his other options, but ultimately decided to try something new and made his way to that same restaurant.

Walking into the restaurant, one could easily see he was headed somewhere by the big brown bag hanging from his shoulder. His complete lack of shyness was also evident in the way he approached complete strangers to ask for recommendations. So far it didn't seem like he was getting anywhere though, those he'd approached either ignoring him or just not hearing him. Looking around didn't really help either, since he didn't know what any of the stuff already seated customers had was, and trying to listen in on thoughts proved to be even less helpful. In fact, the flood of thoughts was actually painful. Riley winced and pinched the bridge of his nose as he remembered why he didn't use that particular ability in crowded places very often and focused on shutting the voices out of his mind, then took a breath and ran his hand back through his hair.

Mira finished the bento box meal she order. She scanned the room for the waiter and noticed the guy with the brown bag on shoulder. What drew her attention to him was how quiet his mind was, it was the strangest thing, of all the people in the room he was the one person whose thoughts she could not perceive. Everyone else was an open book, she could absorb images, memories, and thoughts out of them simply by looking at them. Normally when she looked at people there was a memory download that she needed to block, some people required more of an effort from her, but usually there is that initial moment that forces her to turn off her ability - or she wouldn't be able to concentrate. But this one guy was completely silent to her.

She scanned him from where she sat, carefully trying, of all things, to read his mind. But she couldn't. He was no older than she was, and he appeared to be another traveler looking for a meal. She watch on as the greeter walked over to him.

"Sir! Would you like a table?" she asked, her voice slightly annoyed at his attempts to interrupt customers.

-----------------------------
G.A.I.I. Secret Location
-----------------------------​

"Please seat," said Dr. Chen, he pointed to the examination bed in the room. "We need to take some blood samples and provide a full physical examination." He looked at Elise, "And I need you to follow Dr. Lee, she will be examining you."

Dr. Lee approached Elise had her follow her to the second examination bed, then the room was divided by a wall of curtains. The teenagers could hear what was happening on the other side but they could not see each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.