The Runaways: Origin (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone wanna help me think of a way for my first post? xD

@Lonewolf888978 You could maybe just do a set up of him coming from a gas station and continuing on his way towards california or wherever you wanted his next stop to lead him and it could just be real chill and maybe he was just sweet talkin some girl before hitting the road lol 8D

Wait just making sure, is everyone supposed to JUST find out about being adopted? And is everyone going to meet their real parents?

First, good job all on first post.

@Lonewolf888978: To answer your questions, yes and no. Yes you can start with finding out you are adopted and then you runaway. All the answers to who you are and your powers can be found in California. Having said that, the idea is that you somehow find this out and head down to California. The game is all in the journey to California. And our interaction and the trouble we get our characters in along the way.

Police chases is good for keeping the weight off, just like running from lions. XD

So would it be alright if my character already KNEW he was adopted, but heads to California to meet up with some of his adopted family, but along the way go to discover his powers?

Edit: Also just thought of...Do are powers effect each other, Like hormones and the such?

So would it be alright if my character already KNEW he was adopted, but heads to California to meet up with some of his adopted family, but along the way go to discover his powers?

Edit: Also just thought of...Do are powers effect each other, Like hormones and the such?

Yes, that is fine by me. Write the story you want to tell about your character. We can use our powers on each other, the only thing we can't do is read each others thoughts. Not being able to read each others thoughts is the one thing that sets us apart from humans.

I made Elise and Caleb know each other... I was half assing on my post that's why >_< hope it's ok.

Um I'm currently making them go to JFK airport in NY of course, so any pairings please ask Q-Q
And I also have a action dramaish idea for my character, Elise which I'll PM you about @Xistina

Good job with posts!

Some of the people that reserved powers never submitted character sheets. As far as I can tell we are only five active players. I am still accepting characters. I will list in the OP who is active and who is MIA.

Okay. You can take your time, there is no rushing.

Ok, as promised, here is my adult. Still a little young for me...Hehe. Work in progress right now, but if you approve or disaprove of the picture used you can let me know before I finish it. Should be done by the end of the day, unless my friends decide to drag me out again. They like to do that.

Name: Gordon Lawrence

Sexuality: Pansexual; Sapiophile. (No sexual interest in gender, but romantic interest in personality. Sapiophilia is the sexual attraction to knowledge and its application.)

Appearance: You said no anime pictures, but being against the idea of playing as a real person other than myself, I hope this artful rendition will suffice for a face image. Standing at 5'10", Gordon is built with a rather slim frame. His facial hair and the hair on his head often go untrimmed for a long period of time, usually making him look gruff, but he always keeps himself clean. At the very least, his cleanliness makes him seem at least worth approaching, and his gruff look can often veer others away from his direction. When it comes to his wardrobe, the best description would be casual. Jeans, T-Shirts, overshirts for the cold, and boots. Specifically, hiking boots with a steel toe.
d2b79e2432740352698d1998698a640e-d5pcixw.jpg

Family:

Martin Lawrence - Father Figure

Mary Lawrence - Mother figure

Steven Lawrence - Brotherly figure, also adopted.

Likes: As stated under sexuality, Gordon absolutely loves knowledge and its application. He himself is rather fond of studying many sciences, partially to gain more versatility in his echokinesis. Hand in hand with Sapiophilia comes the love of reading books, particularly science fiction and mystery. Most of his time is spend within a library when he's not working, which sadly is not very often. Outside of the words scribbled on paper, he's also quite fond of architecture, ancient and modern, studying up on that as well. He could never think of why it fascinated him so much, but it did, so he went ahead and learned all he could on it. In terms of music, everyone has their taste, and his is of Gothic Metal. His favorite bands consist of Sirenia, Xandria, and After Forever. Lastly, but certainly not least, he prefers one to be humble and down to Earth.

Dislikes: It can be very annoying when someone brags about their knowledge, even if they do have it. Knowledge is not something to be boasted with, it is meant to be used for one reason or another, and talking is not the way to do it. One of his most hated types of people are criminals, particularly the ones that think they are doing it for a good cause, cause or not the means are wrong regardless of the end. Right next to his dislike for criminals is the dislike for people that are just lazy. Stand up and do something with yourself, even if only small, everyone has potential. Being a lover of gothic metal, he's not very fond of country music. His dislike for that genre goes to a point of it annoying him and turning it off to sit in a complete awkward silence, as that is much more appealing. Lastly, when it comes to art, modern art is just hideous.

Fears: Snakes. He's never encountered many, but they still scare him because he knows how deadly they can be. Thankfully, there aren't many dangerous snakes in New York.

Strengths: Gordon is very good at finding exotic ways to manipulate his echokinesis, he's very versatile with this ability. It's not the most powerful, but it comes in very handy in the modern world. He's also one to always plan ahead, believing a plan is better than improvisation despite the possibility of anything going wrong. Due to his love for reading, he also is very book smart, knowing all sorts of things most don't. Unfortunately, their application is another story. Due to his occupation, he has trained his cardio very thoroughly, meaning he can run for extensive periods of time. Along with his cardio, his occupation also calls for the ability to stay out of sight in one form or another, this includes the uses of disguises.

Weaknesses: In terms of physical strength, while his endurance is high, his brawn is low. He can't lift too much weight or push objects too heavy, most of his training was purely on cardio. Sometimes the jobs he is hired for conflicts with his moral code of conduct, causing him to hesitate and make mistakes on certain occasions.

Normal talents: One wouldn't expect a gruff appearance of his to be a talented cook, but he most certainly is. He cooks and is quite good at sewing, it's hard to find someone who can fix clothing where he is, so he learned it on his own.

Element: Echokinesis

Personality: Gordon is obsessed with getting smarter and learning more about how the universe itself works. He is also known for being extremely loyal to his friends and close ones along with whomever his employer at the time is. This loyalty can also fall under his own code of conduct, which causes him to be ludicrously stubborn at times, but it's not a typically seen trait.

Background: I'm skipping some detail for spoiler value.

Gordon was found on his own by two wealthy people who already had an adopted son. At the time he was the age of 14 and capable of handling himself, however the companionship these two offered was not rejected. Their other adopted son is two years younger than he. The couple did not hide the adoption from the younger boy, the truth was that the father was incapable of impregnating women, so adoption was their only way of having children. The pair treated Gordon like their own son, giving him a home and warm meals. For a while Gordon had completely abandon the sue of his powers, he liked this life.

After a few 6 years passed, Gordon chose to go off on his own, still staying in contact with the couple that he considers his parents and the man who may as well be his brother. It was time to hone his abilities once more, and he took a job as a private investigators assistant. He proved to be very useful thanks to his ability to read minds. He kept his telekinesis and echokinesis very well hidden, only practicing them when nobody was around. When he finally got talented enough with his powers, he learned how to mimic voices, which had its obvious perks for being the assistant to a private eye.

With time, Gordon got promoted to be his own investigator by the age of 26, which was rather early in that field. He was good, and mostly due to him abusing his abilities. The echokinesis was extraordinarily useful, being able to infiltrate areas by pretending to be someone else to avoid suspicion. His "skills" earned him the honor of being very well reknown among private eyes.

Now Gordon owns a small house in New York State in the mountain area. It's a small place, a bit far from places such as the grocery store, but that's what a car is for. Currently he is not on any jobs, but he is available for any work.

Last edited:
Very nice! The picture works for me. Your character is accepted. Do the first two post as you like, and I will chime in before your third post to provide your character's plot as we discussed. Thanks for joining!

Alright, I put in the finishing touches, I'll catch up in the IC thread, so expect a post after then. I have errands to run still, so I can't promise a post today. Tomorrow morning would probably be optimal, I have a play to go to in the afternoon.

@Squee

Psssst squeeeee.
Dat character and writing...such class.
Much jealous.

tumblr_m3q839gagd1rnhyym.gif

Wanna pair up? :Y -just asking-
If you don't want to then that's fine

My characters are heading to JFK airport by the way <_< I just want a partner so I can have much more motivation over my characters and so they won't be so lonely.

That would be roundabouts 5-7 hours away from where Gordon currently lives. I would but their current locations simply don't line up very well since Gordon is in the mountains.

Maybe when the two are closer together. Or I could also make a teenager, but even Gordon is a bit young for me. Agrokinesis has some good potential for traveling...

Oh yeah, true.

And no it's fine really. I feel like another character would be a pain for you c:

Maybe some other time they can meet or so some way some how..?

Status
Not open for further replies.