The Runaways: Origin (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg

Name: Aaron Levane Enright-Jones

Sexuality: Bisexual

Appearance: Aaron is one who is unable to blend, but unable to be picked out right away. She is tall and nimble with hidden muscles that show off the plenty of extra-curricular activities she gets herself into. Her appearance is generally always messy and she doesn't mind leaving the house without altering herself. After a mundane incident, Aaron has heterochromia iridium - one eye being a dark brown and the other being green.

Family: Lilith Jones (Ma - 39)
Xander Jones (Pop - 44)
Conrad Jones (Bro - 25)
Bo Jones (Bro - 22)

Likes: Aaron has always been a fan of running. She ran as a child for fun, to school in the mornings, and eventually for competitions in high school where she also found a love for several other sports. She joined Cross Country and Soccer in the fall, Snowboarding in the winter, Baseball and a Track in the spring, and Volleyball was reserved for summer. The young girl was never afraid of getting dirty and this was revealed out on the fields. She also enjoys fast food joints, electronic dance music, the skeletal system, and even those passengers on the subway who keep from spilling their morning coffee on the cracked leather seats.

Dislikes: Ducks are just annoying. Why do they get free crackers? Fishing simply makes her angry and worms are just creepy. She wonders if they even have eyes. Aaron isn't really a big fan of action movies either, but scary movies she could get into. The one thing she absolutely hates though: Burping. Don't do it around her.

Fears: Ocean. H2O. Water. That liquid that supposedly fills up 70% of your body. That just creeps the hell out of Aaron. She enjoys the beach, but she won't ever step foot in that treacherous abyss filled with slimey, scaley, and huge critters. Pools even get her a bit shaky and don't even get me started on lakes or ponds or rivers or streams...

Strengths: Her older brother taught her how to box and she's accidentally split four of the Varsity baseball team's new Spalding balls. Mentally she is very good with making plans - often blueprinting them out in her head before even mentioning them. Socially she's a good on the spot liar, but she does get tongue tied during the process.

Weakness: Being afraid of the ocean means being unable to swim and that is a huge disadvantage. Aaron is also a typical teenager so its hard for her to realize when it is appropriate to speak up and when it is not, especially after the years with her brothers. She is always getting into sticky situations with adults about "being courteous to elders" or some bologna like that.

Normal Talents: Reading. She has a photographic memory so she is able to memorize lots of abnormal info. She also enjoys playing darts.

Element: Geokinesis

Personality: Being the middle child and the only girl, besides her mother, in the family, Aaron is incredibly independent and she will almost never ask for help from others. Her brothers had made her believe it was perceived as weak to ask for assistance or a simple critique and she would never want to fall short behind her brothers. Insecurity is another weakness her brothers had told her not to show so over the years she's learn to accept rejection, orders, and "suggestions" from the family without a single peep. It feels like there is a rumbling volcano just bubbling beneath the surface, but she refuses to let it burst just yet; maybe this is a key into her attitude towards those that have no deep relation to her? In conflicts she is almost never able to make a decision and usually ventures off on her own. She's had to be a team player all throughout her life, but that doesn't mean thats her first instinct. She'd much rather lay trust in herself and her own abilities now.

Background:
Her telekinesis powers began first and miraculously it was in the seventh grade when she was bumped by Marcus Sowers and her ice-cream went flying. The only harm done was to her ego when she had to explain to the principal. She didn't really look too hard into it until two years later when the telepathic part of her abilities popped up and she fell into the secret lives of her "heroic" brothers. She refuses to speak of those events, but in those three years of torture she has learned more about her abilities and as soon as she turned eighteen she hauled ass out of her middle class home and started her own life in Brooklyn - which is where she resides to this day. In a recent phone call with Lilith she had found out about being adopted. Of course after 13 years away she has no recollection of her biological parents, but she had been told by her adoptive mother that she once resided in Ireland. At the age of two her real parents moved to the big apple, put her up for adoption, and was never seen again. Aaron was put into two other homes before the Jones' came along apparently, but the only reason for returning to the orphanage was some sort of car crash and an alcoholic grandpa who just refused to lose at bingo. This extra added information though seems useless.

Name: Damon Garrett
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Appearance: Tall and with a muscular frame, Damon seems more of an athlete than the handyman type. With blue eyes and blonde hair, he's very distinctive in a crowd. He has short
facial hair, not letting it get long
images

Family: Father: Ethan Garrett
Mother: Allison Garrett
Brother: Mason Garrett
Likes: Damon is a very hands on person, enjoying doing various construction projects along with restoring various items that have even some value. Swordplay is something he enjoys, primarily because of how it makes him feel when he's sparring. Most of all, he enjoys being independent, not wanting to rely on others for anything.
Dislikes: Being very independent, Damon hates people trying to command him, or having to get help with something. He also dislikes people that people that have to harass those lower than them to feel relevant. Most of all, he cannot tolerate sea food and Asian dishes.
Fears: Having his feet off of something solid, having to watch something terrible happen with no way to help.
Strengths: Damon's strengths lie in his tenacity and his toughness, especially his ability to take a hit and keep moving.
Weakness: It is very difficult to redirect Damon's feelings, waiting until the aftermath of things to listen to anything. He also has an old injury in his left leg from when a shelf loaded with machine parts collapsed on it, which weakens that leg.
Normal Talents: Swordsmanship, mechanical knowledge, willingness to take a hit.
Element: Metallokinesis
Personality: Growing up with a mechanic for an adopted father, Damon was always taught that a man had to be willing to do work himself. He doesn't like trusting important things to others, always feeling that they might screw up. His stubbornness has got him into trouble in the past, unable to swallow his pride when it came to a point he believed completely. From his learning that a man should do his own work, Damon has developed a casual disdain for using craftspeople. He doesn't really hate them, he just hates the idea of needing one.
Background: (WIP)

Nice characters everyone. Updating powers today and I hope to start on IC this weekend.

@EMajyyks: Yes you can.

Sorry I feel like everyone lives in the same big house.
I must question it, do these characters all live together?

No. Nobody knows eachother. Like I said in the intro you only have your powers in common, and that you all start in NYC and runaway to Cal.

I'm not sure if two characters are allowed but I completed a CS for Hypnokinesis

@PardonMeSir: I noticed. Pick one to be your main character and the other will be your dome character. Dome character will die at some point in the story. I will update your selected power today if I haven't already.

@Everyone: The IC will be up today. Remember, the first 3 posts will be of you solo and should lead up to your first encounter with one of the other characters. My character will be traveling by train, so she will be at 34th St Penn Station, and her first stop will be Washington DC. I want us to separate into two groups, so, I can meet one other player at Penn Station, and the other two in Washington. Then we'll travel together the rest of the way. At least this is my goal, but anything can happen, depends how you play this game. Those who don't meet with my character should work out with who they are going to pair up, and how they are going to travel to California. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you feel stuck.

@Xistina dome character = Caleb.
I have more plans for Elise then him which I'll PM you about soon

Note, my characters will be at a airport mostly if it counts of course. If not I'll try posting just to be paired with you at the train station.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap I can't post today. That means I have to have another idea to have my character go to Cali, I'm predicting since I can't post today three posts will already be made..//dies. And I can't be paired up.

Well I guess I'm gonna say that I'm gonna make my characters go to the airport then -the rest sounds complicated to plan how to get there, streets,etc.... OTL-. When I manage to post and if there'll already be 3 posts. D8

@Xistina My character could be the one at Washington? I was thinking with her life-savings shes gotten a rent-a-car in Brooklyn, but it breaks down about halfway there and she has to hitch hike the rest of the way. I'd probs have the car break the second post and etcetera

Crap I can't post today. That means I have to have another idea to have my character go to Cali, I'm predicting since I can't post today three posts will already be made..//dies. And I can't be paired up.

Well I guess I'm gonna say that I'm gonna make my characters go to the airport then -the rest sounds complicated to plan how to get there, streets,etc.... OTL-. When I manage to post and if there'll already be 3 posts. D8

I don't think you are understanding. Everyone has to do 3 posts before they hook up with anyone. This way you can set up whatever plot idea you had for your character. So, by the end of third post it should be clear who you are going to meet first. As for how you travel that is all up to you, but remember I reserve the right to jump in and make things interesting.

@Xistina My character could be the one at Washington? I was thinking with her life-savings shes gotten a rent-a-car in Brooklyn, but it breaks down about halfway there and she has to hitch hike the rest of the way. I'd probs have the car break the second post and etcetera

Okay. I'll meet her in DC.

I'll put my first post in once I swipe the ipad...

OH OK. Thanks for the clarification @Xistina . >_<
I admit, I'm a slow thinker too so my bad OTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.