The Run Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ace flinched at the sound of the arrow hitting the hair but shook his head and fallowed without a fuss. The open field made him nervous. Someone could see them, someone could tell his father he was here and then what freedom he had managed to grab onto would be taken from him. He moved closer to Oliver in worry.

Oliver looked around while they walked, checking the sun and their position. After his calculation, they were now on the other side of the woods than where Ace had come running from. There was no sign of other people at all, so they must have turned back when it got too late. He climbed up a small hill, and on the top they got a view of a shallow valley. Smack in the middle of it was a farm. "Have you been her before?" he asked and looked at Ace.

Ace jumped at the sound of the other mans voice but quickly shook his head. "I wasn't allowed out of the house very often and never out of the village. This place is called Rosewood I think but that's all I know."

Oliver looked at him and then nodded a bit. "Lets hope they have a spare horse," he said and started walking again, stroking his forehead. Now he just had to stay on his legs and get there first.

He watched him for a moment before tapping his shoulder to get his attention. "You should sleep. A horse can wait. If your to tired then we don't have to continue on tonight."

He looked at him when he got tapped on his shoulder. "We'll ask for shelter on the farm. Can't really sleep in the middle of a field, right?" He managed a smile and patted his shoulder before walking on. If the people on the farm weren't friendly, they would have to get to the closes wood and crash there before continuing.

He bit his lip but sighed and fallowed. He was in no position to challenge the man. After all he had saved his life.

Oliver walked on in silence, as fast as he managed. When they finally reached the farm the sun was closing in on the horizon, and Olover felt like he was about to fall over any second. "Excuse me?" he said, walking toward a man standing at the field in front of the barn, herding cows into it. May we sleep in your barn tonight? Me and my brother where on our way to the city, but our horse slipped in the rain yesterday. My brother broke his arm. Please, I promise we won't be trouble."
The man turned to look at them both, frowning. "You sick?" he asked, looking at Oliver. He was all pale ans sweaty.
Problem now was that Oliver couldn't understand the man. He had a mustache, so Oliver couldn't reas his lips. "I'm Oliver and this is Eyes," he said, guessing what the man had asked and getting Ace's name wrong.

Ace chuckled as the man raised an eyebrow. "He means Ace. I'm Ace and I don't know if he's sick. Hes deaf so he can't hear and has to read lips." He tapped Oliver on the shoulder "he asked if you where sick." He repeated to the older man.

"Deaf?" the man repeated, looking more skeptical. "Sounds sick to me..."
Oliver looked at Ace and frowned at the question. "No, I'm not sick," he said, looking at the man again. "Please, just one night."
The man looked at Ace and his broken arm for a moment before nodding. "Fine, you can sleep in the barn. Just don't touch any of the animals," he said and then walked to the barn, holding a door open for them. "You got any food?" he asked, looking at Ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.