The Royal Arrangements

"as a matter of fact I don't" Forgeting about the bird drawing he has yet to finish. "all the work I had to do was finished when I left my kingdom,so I can have fun"He jumps up [atleast for now]He takes of his sleeping shirt and places it "so sure I'll join" Aurin says as he enters the water. He shivered at the feeling of the water again [I guess its because my whole body didn't fall in this time around]

He remembered Amber saying something about a marble "oh marble is, like a pet of yours right" He slowly let himself sink into the water until it got to his upper lip. He expected him as a ferret or a another medium sized animal.

Aurin started to swim around on his back as he awaited an answer.

Amber was a bit distracted by a slightly larger fish that was darting around the larger rocks that bordered the sides of the river. Her feet bounced off the small pebbles on the river bottom as she glided through the semi-deep water. It took her a while to answer, but his question was heard, if subconsciously, and she was able to remember to answer once the fish disappeared in a furry of glimmering silver scales. "Ah," she answered, turning towards him with a smile, leaning against the boulder. "Marble is the rat I had, yesterday at dinner." She thought he had noticed. She said it calmly, not expecting a negative reaction. She was so used to them being popular pets in her kingdom, she hadn't met any sort of negativity yet. She watched him swim on his back with a smile, moving from the rock to take off into a breast stroke, swimming up beside him.

( -///- forgot my colours)
"what really!?"
Aurin says excitedly "oh... my apologies" He rubs his right hand. "Stop acting like a kid Aurin!" He heard his father say in his head. "You know that's kinda surprising I didn't even notice i- him" Aurin said stopping by the edge of the other side of the river after getting up from his backstroke [hmm a rat... (even though I'm pretty sure you meant mouse) I guess having one of those around should be...fun...] "For me and Amber atleast" He said quietly.

Splashing some water around he twisted so that his front was facing the land. [This is amber huh... yeah she's like what the letter said she'd be... but shy atleast a little...well its only natural] "..." Aurin is silent for quite some time. "Hey Amber... I think you're very appealing" He looked back with a smile "knowing my parents I was expecting them to pair me up with someone I'd have to mature before there even seemed to be progress in the relationship"

Amber blinked in surprise when the conversation reached the point where she was called... appealing. She blushed slightly, but laughed and turned her head in an attempt to hide it. She normally wasn't the shy type at all. The situation being what it was, though, she couldn't help being a bit self conscious. "Wow," she said, facing him again once the color in her cheeks faded. "That's really sweet of you... I was kind of worried we wouldn't get along."

The elf laid her head back against the huge rock. Her short hair was heavy with water, sticking to the sides of her head making her large elf ears stick out even more than they usually did. Sharp gray eyes looked over at him thoughtfully. "I'm glad I got you in all of this... Some of the other guys seem a little stuffy. That would drive me crazy. You seem like you're fun. Not bad looking either. I think I could imagine seeing you every day." Amber could at least imagine being good friends with him. Thinking past that just felt a little strange.

Aurin smiled and chuckled a little."Thanks" he looked over at her and started to swim back towards the rock. "I'm just not quite... as strict as some of the others as all" He remembered It was marriage they were here for and fell it to water as if he couldn't swim. [...not good marriage ruins friendship...] "well... maybe before marriage, we should just live together and fix what is unconfortable before it actually..." He couldn't find the right word. "...so we can have atleast a good one..." He blushed abit at the idea. "that idea isn't agitating you is it" He asked still blushing, it agitating him.

Aurin then shook of his uneasiness and began to get out of the water. "I dont want my skin to become pruney(more like It'd be bad for his dominant hand if he stayed in any longer) so I'm getting out, You?" He asked holding out his left hand, he still hid his right hand since the bandages were off, his hand was scabby so it would cause pain if the sensitive parts were touched. He was ready to just sit by and let his clothes dry if Amber declined. So he stood waiting for a response.

Amber quickly stood in the shallow banks as Aurin fell. She thought for sure she was going to have to fish him out, but the man continued nonchalantly, so Amber settled down uneasily. "Well, that's a good way to put it. I don't see how we have any choice, us being put here in this castle after all." Amber wasn't sure if he meant share a room or not. That idea definitely wasn't one she felt she was ready for just yet. "I'm a little wary of the whole thing, yes, but hopefully time will make it all more comfortable." She stood, deciding she should get out as well. Her hands had already pruned slightly, but they helped her grip the rock better as she puled herself out of the water. Her dress clung to her lithe frame, and weighed her down. "Ugh, I need to change... and check up on Marble." The morning sun was making progress on it's journey along the sky.She figured she should get back soon.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she noticed he was hiding his hand. "Is that not getting any better?" She asked, remembering he hurt himself the previous night.

Faroh had stayed in his room since his feed in the forest, half hoping, but not expecting, Isabelle to come and visit him, and not surprisingly, she hadn't. He lay on his bed, watching Ravok dart around his room, taking in the various scents from the castle, it was rather nice, as royalty from each kingdom were mingling together, mixing their distinct smells up, leaving a new, rather sweet smell in their place. He thoughts then flew back to Isabelle, as he rose from his bed striding over to the window he thought, is she avoiding me? Probably, considering what happened the other morning I would not be surprised. His spirits downcast with the revelation that she was probably avoiding him. Stretching, he took one last look from the window, then left his room, contemplating whether he should stay at this place any longer or not.

"well It's not bad... but really you can't expect for even a small cut to heal that quickly"(meaning a gash isn't going to heal that easily) He rapidly wrapped the bandage around his hand and some of his lower (?) arm. He squeezes his sleeping pants to get the rest of the water out so that It only felt cold against him. He wondered what he really meant by "living together" He gets up and shakes off some water that was remaining in his hair and puts his sleeping shirt back on quickly. Aurin is silent while doing so. He put his hand on Amber's shoulder and smiled. "It was nice meeting you today" He took his hand off and rubbed his neck. "so... Guess I'll seeya later and meet Marble too" He snickered. "well go ahead and check on him, I'll stay outside for a while...after getting something from inside..." He wondered what amber's first impression of him was after right now.

Isabelle awoke from her warm, soft bed. The sun's beams shined brightly on her face, forcing her eyes open. Lifting herself up, she yawned to herself. Smacking her lips, she was hungry once more. She had requested herself a breakfast in bed from her maid who happily brought it up to her. Fresh orange juice, toast and the finest strawberry jam, pancakes with goat butter and a big round blueberry muffin was served on a silver tray for her. A handkerchief and a rose was placed neatly near the silverware for decoration. "Thank you so much. She smiled to the maid as she walked out. Munching on her breakfast, Isabelle looked out her window to a beautiful day, thinking about yesterday. Making her mind up, after breakfast she was going to go visit future husband.

Amber smiled knowingly as his hand rested on her shoulder. He just didn't want to show her that he was hurt. "I see, can't show your fiance' you're bothered by a little cut, can you?" She winked, knowing that it was a bit more than that. It wouldn't kill him though, and she didn't want to wound his pride. She turned toward the path that led to the bushes where she hid her fencing gear. "I'll see you back at the castle... Take care of that hand."

Amber dove off in the direction of her gear, gone as soon as the last word left her lips. She gathered it up and turned to head back toward the castle, before another thought struck her. She had better grab some food for Marble. She grabbed some of the fruit off the tree and stacked it onto her gear before running off toward the looming shape of the castle again. It wouldn't be long before she arrived through the heavy double doors into the comparatively cool castle. She slowed her pace as she headed up the stairs in the direction of her room. She was soon greeted by her outraged companion.

Marble had taken the opportunity to trash the room and chew on a multitude of things, and when Amber entered he quickly dropped one of his toys and climbed her leg to get onto her arms where she was holding the fruit. The rat began gnawing away ravenously while Amber struggled to suppress an annoyed scream. "This place looks awful!" She said, dumping her gear and the rat onto the bed. "I'm never leaving you alone again..." she hissed under her breath as she went to clean up the mess.

Aurin lay back down in the grass after getting his notepad from his room. "what was I drawing again?" He asked himself. He flipped through the pages to see the unfinished drawing of birds ".... birds?.... lame... I guess I was sleep drawing" He tears the peice of paper out and places it next to a tree "it'll decay...I think..." He rolls around in the grass for a couple of hours before his stomach growls "oh shut it you spoiled brat" he says as If talking to his stomach. Aurin gets up and goes back to the castle, asking for lunch and going up stairs to his room to eat it. He see's only a few others actually come out of their rooms along the way. He chuckles. [are they experiencing jet lag?] He is silent as he finishes his meal "...and this thing..." he says refering to the gash on his hand [I'll let it air heal] he thinks unwrapping the fabric from his hand [its not prefered... but its quickest... I'll just get a bottle of medical alcohol....] Aurin groans after a couple of minutes "boring... if this keeps up I'll become all strict again..." Aurin lies down in his bed attemping not to fall asleep so early.