The Royaℓ Agendα ♥ ♥ ♥

[size=-2]
Alruna smiled at Kaiden's back as he retreated before turning her attention to Lori. "Sometimes I wonder, you too. As if you want to push my silly old bird of a mother over the edge... not that it would take much, of course... But she mustn't know I invited you, or she'll think all of her children have forsaken her! You still look charming, even without elegant wear. You'd be astounding in something like this..." Alruna gestured at her dress, beaming at Lori, who had been much like a sister to her in their childhood, though they'd had plenty of squabbles being so close in age.

It was lovely, Alruna thought, to see so many people in attendance to wish Kaiden a marvelous eighteenth year. Donovan's party had been a little crazy, but despite their mother's hounding, none of the boys had found a match at that party. Alruna's party had been much more sedate, since Alruna had a heavy hand in planning the parties anyway. No one had put much effort into her coming of age, but she was secretly a little glad. It had been easier that way to feign faintness and be excused from dancing with awkward princes who envied the idea of wedding the crown's princess.

As the man approached again with a girl and presented her to the princes, Alruna turned her attention to seething in his general vicinity. "So Kaiden and Felix, who aren't even here exactly are important enough to introduce, but not the pair of princesses? I see, I see." Her eyes narrowed a little, but she was determined not to let her good spirits from earlier wane. Instead, she flounced over to Donovan's other side and began to pat down his hair where a small lick was sticking up.
[/size]

[size=+2]Donovan Faelis[/size]

Tightening his grip around the wineglass, a small crack began to form along it's edge. Donovan eyed Draug-nil Arat with a slight moment of irritation, and called out "Sir, please come to the steps. I wish to have a word with you." Those two that had been removed from the hall for spiking the punch, had been associates of his, and had been doing what Donovan had asked them to... not to mention that they were sons to two very established Dukes.

"Now now, sister. You shouldn't let yourself get so angry. You'll wrinkle quicker if you let that look etch itself any deeper into that face." He said placing a hand on her shoulder to help her remember her senses, and her manners. Alruna could have quite a temper sometimes... it was probably a balancing act with how kind she generally is. "And stop mothering me up!" He said with a chuckle, and swatted her hand away lightly. "You have no idea how many naps I had to go through to get my hair to stay like this!"

"Madame Rina. I am Donovan, Faelis, and this is my sister Princess Alruna. I wish to welcome you this night, and ask that you have yourself a most enjoyable night." Donovan's deep voice spoke outwards hoping that the young lady would find the ability to relax a little. She was obviously nervous, and for what reason he didn't know why, but he had a feeling that if he could get Atlin, and Garth to finish their assignments, people would become much more outgoing, and social.

It seemed the birthday Prince was occupied, but also that his two most elder siblings were not really talking to anyone at all. He had already been on his way to talk to the Faelis group while his primary objective moved just out of reach. No time to change direction now. Anyone who cared to watch him could clearly tell that every sophisticated step he took was aimed toward reaching the Faelis heirs. Perhaps he needed to talk to them anyway. It truly had been too long since their last meeting at one of these royal functions. One of the few times Karasuman came out into the public eye was either during activities of the aristocracy or the shootist competitions he attended.

Their attire certainly matches their standing.

Pale blue eyes looked between Princess Alruna and Prince Donovan, as he approached them from behind. Originally they might have seen him coming if not for Draug's distracting antics. Honestly. . . to leave a Princess standing there so completely embarassed in front of the hosts of this ball. The rudeness of such actions had left him utterly confounded on the level of manners. If only he had known the lad thought it awkward to be dressed so utterly and completely in black. Obviously his eye had not caught the nearly ominous figure approaching the group. During the attainment of his destination he couldn't help but catch a few words meant to calm her.

"Greetings Prince Donovan and Princess Alruna."

Announcing himself with a voice that was not incredibly deep, but instead had more of a unique raspy twang that several ladies found attractive he had stopped a mere two feet from the Princess. Did he intend to surprise her? Perhaps he felt their knowing each other from the past entitled him to such closeness. Or what the Lord considered close given his usually anti-social nature. The two Faelis might even find talking to them or anyone so early on more strange than the raven on his shoulder. He spoke again before they could answer or turn around to face him entirely.

"Princess, is it true you are wearing a look of anger on a face so lovely, for such a joyous occasion?"

When the time came he would extend his hand to them in the usual gesture of a handshake.

This was terrible. Why would her father send her here when nobody would talk to her only about her? She had greeted the Faelis family and they had completely ignored her, speaking to everyone else. Her heart shattered and this was not something that she could handle. Her hands shook as she held her breath making her way outside. The patio had people on it, so she kept going making her way into the gardens, she needed a moment.

She rushed through the pathway, the sound of her heels clicking grew more rapid she hardly noticed that she was running. She couldn't deal with all of this. It was hard to change everything and have a place to belong. They were all people but they were also demanding of each other and themselves. Well she wasn't super human and she didn't have any hidden agendas. Her thoughts were interrupted as her shoe caught on a vine and she fall causing the wind to be knocked out of her when she hit the ground.

She looked around realizing that she was in a labyrinth of hedges. There was a stone path so it probably was not that difficult to get out of. She stayed there on the ground, trying to recompose herself and catch her breath. She hadn't noticed that she had been crying. She was grateful for her waterproof makeup as her fingers went to her face to get rid of the wet. She needed to calm down and get her things in order. She had no idea what she was doing and all she had was people she could never talk to or trust.

[bg=#333366]Not far from him, a blond woman dressed in white made a run for the castle's gardens. Part of him felt concerned for her, the other part found this an opportunity to escape this mass of people. This was his brother's party, so were formal introductions for him really necessary? Besides, he didn't want her getting lost. There would be delicious food, dancing and more fun he was sure a girl wouldn't want to miss out on.

After setting down his glass, he stood up from his lonely chair and began his walk to follow her. There was a small rush in his steps, but he kept a proper posture. He was feeling a little out of place here, as he continued to look at everyone's outfits. Lots of men in tuxedos... Felix liked to be different, though. Instead of out of place, he settled on... Unique.

When he got outside, he could see the girl on the ground, rubbing at her eyes. Was she... Crying? Felix frowned and tilted his head before moving closer, squatting down beside her. He pulled a white handkerchief from one of his vest pockets, then offered it to her.

"What's upsetting you, dear?" he asked gently. Felix might have been a cold person, but he certainly wasn't heartless! He was raised with the idea that he must always be sensitive to women and respect their feelings. Above all: Be a gentleman.
[/bg]

Tiana had taken the offered handkerchief and dabbed it on her tears. She was made stronger then this, but she felt terrible and exposed. She hated this self pity party, but she always found herself back at it. Tiana took a breath trying to regain her composure.

She gasped when he spoke. Only then did she notice the man squatting next to her. Her heart exploded as she was caught off guard. "I.. I'm terribly sorry. Nothing is wrong." She lied, a stranger did not need to know and feel pity. "Thank you, for your kindness, Mr..." She had seen his picture but did not remember for the life of her. "I'm sorry, but I do not know your name." She had blushed slightly over her lack of knowledge and ability to remember.

She should get off the ground. She pushed herself up and it was one of the most difficult tasks, she had found. Standing up in a ball gown and heels, how awful. She adjusted her dress freeing her feet. She stood up and went right back down with a curse. Her heel had slipped off the pavement of the path and she lost her balance. This night was just getting better and better.

[DASH="white"]
[BG="#718bbf"] Castaney, IX Lady of Coit

Castaney Stood by the wall for a while longer, then tried to think of what she could do. What was expected of her in this situation? Wasn't she just supposed to stand there and look pretty? After all this time, and even with her obsession of following manners and morals instilled into her by her kingdom, she couldn't figure out what she could do. What she was supposed to do... Oh boy... She had no idea... Should she go wish the princes and princess a warm hello or a comment on the ball? That was proper, right?

She took a small ladylike-sip of wine that had been handed to her in a wonderfully crafted glass the moment she could. It tasted good, and it calmed her nerves enough to go up to the princes and princess of Faelis. She took tiny, mincing steps as she walked, with the poise of someone who was forced to endure the training of grace, proper of a lady in court.

"This is a wonderful ball, princes and princess." She spoke with manners, but also in the way that a machine might speak. Recited. "I hope all of you are doing well, I hear quite a bit about you in my kingdom." She smiled kindly, genuinely, then she smoothed out her dress slightly before freezing, uncertain of what to do next.

She was like an actor that had discovered his script was missing. She paused and fumbled, looking puzzled. "Ah......ummm... I..... I'll go now." She stated softly before wafting away, her hips making the dress sway in a graceful manner.[/BG]
[/DASH]
[DASH="white"][BG="mediumturquoise"]
Cyril, Knight of Rozengaard​

Cyril had been talking to some of the fine women and gentlemen that occupied the room when he had noticed the distress of one in particular blond who had dashed by in a beautiful dress. He had waited a moment, and then had followed after, listening for the sounds of her heels. The constant, loud click-clacking leading him straight to her....

He kept back, though, when he recognized one of the princes going to her aid.

....Then he realized who she was as he watched her rubbing at her tears and being approached by the prince. She was that scandal princess. Why on earth had her father told her to come here in the midst of all these... unsightly rumors? Poor girl...

It was a shame the people inside couldn't get over that silly business. She was beautiful and looked like she belonged in that ball more than anyone else... perhaps even the family that was hosting this....event.... What the heck was he thinking?

He shook his head gently to clear it and walked up after allowing the prince a moment.

"Princess, I apologize for the... behavior of some of the people in this ball... people can be very cruel at times. But there are always rays of hope, like this prince right here!" Cyril began as he smiled through the statement when he approached, clapping Felix on the back. "Do not be worried about what they say. I'm sure they don't know enough about you to fill a thimble." He commented, looking over at Felix. "You'd agree if I was so brash to say that... perhaps this princess, though she is apparently a scandal, surely she is a very beautiful woman, true? Maybe even... as far as saying that she might be easier on the eyes than some of the woman here?" Cyril offered, smiling gently. There was no perversion in his voice, and no hidden meanings. Compliments made people feel good about themselves, and surely it might help.

That was when he noticed the princess loosing her balance and quickly grabbed hold of her hand and pulled her back to her feet.

"Gotta be careful with those lady-shoes, am I correct?" He asked of Tiana with a smile.​
[/BG][/DASH]

[bg=#333366]Felix was about to give her his name, even offer some consolation so she wouldn't cry anymore. Just when his lips parted to do so, another man showed up, instantly throwing words at them. This could have been handled fine on his own, he thought. The prince made an irritated look at the ground as he stood up, straightening himself while Cyril helped the woman off the ground.

This was possibly the one time he'd get to enjoy an evening with somebody. Now the opportunity was in ruins!

Still, Felix kept his cool, as usual. "Yes, she is beautiful," he agreed, nodding to the knight. Then, he looked to Tiana, offering a smile. It was a very simple curve of his lips, but smiling didn't come easily with this fellow. Neither did talking to people.

"Anyway... Felix Faelis, at your service, mi'lady," he finally was able to tell her, setting a hand on his heart as he made half a bow. Scandal or not, she was a guest of his home! Therefore, she would be treated as one. Had Cyril kept quiet about that information, Felix never would have known. He didn't keep up with gossip or profiles of other people...

"If... If you'd like, we can tour the gardens. Away from everyone else," he said to Tiana, emphasizing the last few words in hopes that the other man might leave. She seemed hurt by some of the guests and frankly, he liked to be away from everybody as well.
[/bg]

Well, it was the first time that she had been called a scandal to her face and she had supposed that he had seen the incident that lead her outside. She had hoped that nobody noticed, but apparently she was wrong. Her face was blushing with embarrassment. This man had absolutely no tact. First he insults her then lavishes her with compliments. Perhaps he should have the rock removed from his brain.

"Sir, thank you for attempting to raise my spirits but please do not draw on peoples conceptions then add some pretty words after it." She was furious at Cyril but did her best to not let it actually show in her body language or even the set of her face. Her teeth were clinched but she still spoke fairly normal. She could have sworn that she felt her heart skip a beat when Felix had called her beautiful, even though she would never admit it her heart had done that when Cyril had said it to. "And yes you are correct about these 'lady shoes' they can be difficult to manage."

She knew that Cyril probably didn't mean it which is why she was doing her best to not show her anger towards him. He probably fell just as out of place and awkward as most of the people here seemed. "Thank you for helping me up."

Her attention turned to Felix when he introduced himself, she had half-curtsied "I'm Tiana Dalphini and I would like nothing greater than a tour of your gardens." She had smiled a little but the excitement lit up her eyes.

The King & Queen sat on the thrones at the main end of the ballroom. The Queen spoke quietly to the king, smiling discreetly. Those who knew her, knew that smile was one of complete mischief. She was definitely up to planning something.

[DASH=#67E6EC]
ℓσяєℓєι яιкα σƒ ƒαєяуα

Lorelei wrestled herself away from Kaiden. They had been arguing about his outfit and gotten into a physical struggle of sorts. She grinned at Rima, the girl who Prince Draug-nil had brought to introduce to them. She found the entire situation odd, but as Prince Donovan greeted her, Lorelei dropped a polite curtsy and slipped away, trailing into the crowd behind Kaiden. She didn't want to create a scene. Alruna's earlier words rung in her mind and she giggled. Even the Queen's children were afraid of her paranoia. She looked around at all the people as she strode over to the food. She almost laughed at how much fun Donovan & Kaiden would have if they knew she'd walked directly to the food. I'm such a fatty she thought fondly, reaching for a strawberry.

As she bit into the fruit, she took a look at the girl next to her and smiled. She was so pretty, with flowing blond hair and a lovely dress, "The strawberries are sour," she laughed, "I'd rather eat a mango, but I know for sure it'll get messy." Making conversation was one of her stronger points. She liked meeting people at these events at the Faelis house, especially because she herself was so little known as royalty. She reached for plate and forked some melon squares onto it. She really loved the fresh fruit, despite it being the Queen's favourite part of decoration.

Oh the irony, Lorelei rolled her eyes.

[/DASH]

[DASH=#A52A2A]
кαι∂єη яуσυ σƒ ƒαєℓιѕ

Kaiden laughed as Lorelei pulled away from him. He reached out to ruffle her hair before she disappeared into the crowd. He looked over at the girl they'd been introduced to and nodded with a smile.

It was nice to see people he hadn't seen before at his birthday. He liked to think the party was fun for everyone. As his siblings were approached by Lord Kristoff, Kaiden expressed his happiness to see the Lady of Colt. He crossed his arms and grinned at her,

"Thank you. It's my birthday so I hope everything is amazing,"
he explained. Since she was nervous, he smiled at her and nodded, "How have you been?" he asked gingerly. He'd heard about her though they were not closely acquainted.

He laughed at the second part of her greeting cheerfully,

"Well I hope you've heard some good things about me! Lots of rumours are misleading!"

[/DASH]

[size=-2]
Alruna flushed at having been caught in a bit of temper and she pressed her hands together, twining the fingers, fighting the heat of color in her cheeks. She simply could not let her front down, not somewhere so public as the ball and absolutely not on the day of her precious baby brother's birthday! She tried to smile, embarrassment making her seem her age for once, young, instead of motherly.

"Ah, brother," she tutted at his remark about his hair but stopped in trying to smooth it down. Instead she simply kissed him on the cheek and patted his back. "I know it's not much of a party to stand about with your overbearing sister! Go on, go have some fun, brother dear." Alruna motioned towards the girls who were milling about as she finished her statement, realizing that in her nerves she'd been being too motherly towards her brothers. It was hard to believe that they were all grown now, Kaiden especially, the baby of the group.

Alruna turned her attention to the man who had just approached then, still looking a bit ashamed of herself. "Kristoff, I'm so glad that you could make it. A look of anger? Oh, impossible! Not on such a joyous day, of course. I hope that this lovely evening finds you well? I had heard that recently you'd taken ill and I was unsure that you would come but it is a pleasant thing to see that you did indeed make it. I'm not sure where Kaiden got to, he's around here somewhere, so you can wish him a wonderful birthday... Oh, there, hiding behind a woman."
[/size]

As the names of the Kinsbury family were called, the lovely picture perfect family desended the stairs. Mother and father, arm in arm, smiled and walked in lovely clothing showing their wealth and fashion, as the young and sweet daughter followed after them, dressed in quite the ballgown. As they approched the king and queen to give their greetings, people spoke light about them as well.

It wasn't every day you say a commoner and a lord in a legal marriage.

Even so, it was an old story and did not carry the same disbelief or shock as the spectical with the other princess earlier on. As soon as they finished bowing the family moved on to the party, the happy couple running into some familiar faces as their daughter, Helen, wandered off on her own.

This was quite the night for her in truth for it was going to be her first ball, and among royalty no less! Her year of teaching and practices were all for this moment, to prove that children of mixed status could be just as polite and charming as those of same status. She confidently made her way through the crowd, smiling and nodding her head toward faces she recognized but could not escape their conversations to greet her openly.

She honestly wasn't certain where to start with herself, there were so many conversations, so many groups she could join, but they all seemed to private for her and she feared she would embarrass herself if she tried to slip in. She decided that it would be better to start somewhere off to the side, where any mistakes wouldn't be noticed by anyone. She sat down politely, her dress poofing out, and watched the people with interest. Before even thinking about jumping in she should know who was like what and if it was in her best interest to talk to them.

"Oh I wouldn't dare interrupt the birthday prince talking to a young lady. I have the entire ball to wish him a happy birthday. It can wait."

Some people might have added a coy expression or intonation of sorts to those words to make it slightly more humorous. A joke on how this entire affair had been arranged to find these princes their future brides. But then again how would the Lord know this? Did he know this? It remained utterly unclear as the words were state with a polite plainness in his usual voice. Nothing changed on his face either, as it stayed a mask of refinement to whatever he may have truly been thinking.

But her words had apparently struck a little something within him, if nothing more than to grant a foothold on which to further their conversation. That in of itself was a rarity for him, but then again this was a Princess and the eldest of the Faelis children as well. now it came upon him to assure her of his health. Whether it was true or not. Karasuman had intended to attend this birthday and would not be stopped from getting what he wanted in life. Such was the zeal with which he approached all the desires in his life. Although his actions would never be too outright and hold more to the subtly that wealth could grant one trying to conceal what might be called 'noble intentions'. He had no desire really for the praise of others and simply did what he did for his own self-approval. To know that he had done something and that no one else would know that it had in fact been the Lord Kristoff.

"Why I'm surprised you would even miss someone like me. And you were almost correct in your assumptions as to my health. Fortunately the blood in these veins is rather resilient alongside the power of modern medicine."

Kristoff never faultered in eye contact with the Princess once it had been made until he finished speaking. Pale blue orbs stared her down with a focused fixation intent on displaying respect. Unfortunately it might also come off as rather creepy as the Raven on his shoulder also stared at her now to imitate it's master. But his eyes also caught sight of her ball gown with the combination of black and red. Likely it came as no surprise that a compliment for it followed suit rather quickly. After all given her standing she would likely get swept away by one of the many other aristocrats here soon enough. And then he might not speak with her for the rest of the night. Oh what a shame that would be for him to not get to speak with someone so refined as her for months to come. It was not in his nature to simply go visiting others without an airtight excuse that made it seem almost as an obligation.

"That dress truly does suit you quite well princess. The sight of you alone would have been enough to cure my sickness."

[bg=#333366]Felix's own eyes lit up with excitement when she accepted his invitation. It wasn't often that he got to share the garden with someone else; especially a lady! There was his own little section he as quite proud of, which bloomed with a variety of blue flowers. It was his favourite colour, after all.

"Let us go then, Tiana," he said politely, offering an arm to her. Scandal or not, he was already enjoying her company. The way she was dressed didn't at all represent that sort of person. Plus, there was a certain aura to her that he found to be a simple delight. She seemed very sweet, even fun to be around. "I apologize for that man, and whatever upset you earlier. You'll have a good time here; I'll see to that.

"So where do you hail? I'm afraid I blanked out during the announcements," he spoke, his tone apologetic. Felix truly was interested in where she came from and what else there was to her. He took her on the stone path through the garden of his home, many butterflies fluttering about to go from flower to flower.

[/bg]

Tiana felt her heart jump when he offered his arm. She hesitated as the thought crossed her mind that it could be another cruel joke but when she looked into his eyes and saw the genuine excitement and brushed the thought away as she wrapped her arm around his. He was warm, whick was a nice contrast to the lightly chilled night air. Both were pleasant, mind you, but his heat was preferrable.

"Honestly he didn't offend me. It was just a shock to have someone finally say it to my face. It has just been a difficult task to accomplish." She smiled a little at him, just a soft curve of her lips. "I can already tell that my night is getting much better." As they walked she took in the view of the gardens they were truly beautiful and much more peaceful then the rush of the ball.

"I hail from the Dolphini line. It's so.... unnerving." She shook her head as she got distracted with watching the butterflies and the scene around her. Her hand would squeeze his arm every now and again when her excitement would increase and she would look at him and smile. Her first truly genuine smile since her whole ordeal began.

"So Felix, what is it that you do to keep yourself busy when you aren't fulfilling your duties?" She looked up at him eager to hear the answer and more about him.

[bg=#333366]Felix made a nod when she mentioned the name of her kingdom. The name at the very lease rang a bell. While he wasn't the most social person, he had a good grasp on his geography. Even though she appeared stressed with her position, she still allowed herself to have fun. There were even tender squeezes to his arm when those dazzling eyes would light with excitement. Felix now remembered how magical it was to see a pretty girl so happy. Following her out here was the best decision he's made in a while.

"I read books, or write some poetry. I can spend hours with a pen and paper," he answered, his smile genuinely blissful. Nothing made him happier than the subject of his hobbies. "Otherwise, I come out here to work in the gardens. I don't like to spend much time rough housing. I prefer arts and other peaceful activities."

Felix looked back at her, a beautiful indigo coloured iris in his free hand. He picked it during their walk and then offered it to her. "How about you?" he asked, also interested in how she spent her time.

[/bg]

[bg=#A5DBEB]
This was only second or third royal gathering Beatrice had ever been to. With a life so busied with helping raise her siblings, there wasn't time for parties. This one, she wanted to be as perfect as possible, so she let herself spend extra time deciding on what to wear. A dress styled with false peacock feathers was selected, having been saved for a special occasion. The silver heels she wore clicked against the ground as she rushed towards the entrance of the Faelis residence, her teal painted nails combing nervously through her hair.

The moment she got inside, she searched around the room for someone to approach. Beatrice wanted to wish the Faelis prince a happy birthday, however... She didn't know who he even was! The invitation was sent to her at random; she wasn't familiar with the family at all. There were many other women here from different kingdoms as well. Some of whom she recognized.

With a confident posture, she gathered some fabric of her dress so she'd not accidentally step on the hem and fall. Beatrice began her search for at least someone to talk to. Above all, she searched for a man. She was through with boys! A blond fellow standing beside another woman (who she didn't know to be his sister) caught her eye. It would be rude to intrude, should they be in a romantic relationship. Instead, Beatrice came to a stop beside a table, smiling coquettishly at him and batting her eyelashes. To not stare too long, she fixed her gaze onto a bowl of fruit, where she plucked off a red, seedless grape.
[/bg]

[size=-2]
Alruna smiled, her lips forming a little cherry heart as she did so, painted as they were to seamlessly match with her dress. She had to admit that she was fond of talking to this man, though it had been more than a little surprising for him to so easily ingratiate himself into the conversation. Alruna's eyes were lit with an actual amusement at his words and she felt pleasantly warm in spirits as she spoke with him.

"You are too kind, I chose this dress for my own personal tastes and wasn't thinking about propriety so mother queen feels it's a bit dark, but I am glad that I have someone else who agrees that it was too stunning a gown to judge based only on color. I think that the inner vibrancy of the fabric really shows through... especially worn in the company of such admirers so as to make the wearer glow with compliments."

Alruna glanced down at the dress once more herself, taking in with greedy eyes the rich red of the accenting red contrasting against the glowing sheen of the black, inky and smooth. It at once made her think of the little raven staring at her intently and she looked up, likening its vivid darkness to the dress in a flattering fashion.

"Your companion wears the color even more elegantly than I do, though.... oh but heavens, the lady Kinsbury just arrived. I didn't mean to monopolize your time, I'm sure that there are other engagements of yours which must be kept? I forget myself when enjoying a conversation..."
[/size]

As she described the reasons behind choosing the dress he merely listened in a polite silence and nodded where appropriate. Complimenting her dress further just might accidentally draw attention away from the original. The one which had caused her to glow in a way that granted him some small personal victory. Couldn't risk spoiling that or the look on her face. Which left him standing quietly and attentively. It was standard behavior yet executed with such a honed fervor that quite possibly could be lost to the untrained eye. For the Lord wanted to do everything right in her eyes. To impress one of the only females present today who could in any way command him.

"Ah but you are a Princess, Alruna. Through status or by whim alone you could monopolize my time in any way which you saw fit."

The Raven cawed softly at her compliment as though it understood English perfectly. Would anyone expect less of a bird trained by one of Karasuman's bloodline? After all the creature took commands when performing tasks beyond most wild birds. It should have come as no surprise at all and yet one might assume more logically some incredible coincidence. Kristoff spoke again with his next words relating directly to the previous set. Once more any type of emotional inferences were severely lacking other than the glimmer in his pale blue eyes. Perhaps it was a slight test to see just how much she might want to talk with him.

"And I dare to add that I might not mind to see you try. But if you wish to speak with Lady Kinsbury then I shall not monopolize your time."

No engagements existed originally to keep him busy beyond this lone conversation. In fact it would likely be the only time tonight other than wishing the birthday Prince well that he might start a conversation. Let alone keep it flowing willingly by anything other than maintaining manners and appearances.

[size=+2]Donovan Faelis[/size]

Politely excusing himself from the steps, Donovan began towards the main floor, and rested his empty glass on the tray of a passing server. Running a hand through his hair, he looked around, and caught the chanced glance from a woman who'd nestled next to a refreshment table. She turned her eyes as quickly as she'd look to him, and tilting his head a moment, the Faelis prince found his interest piqued. Moving steadily towards her, he took the time to shake the hands of guests who extended their hand to him, and spoke a few words with them before the carried on their way.

As he reached the table, he casually glanced over the table, and nestled his gaze on a bowl of orange slices. Taking one, he turned towards Beatrice, and smiled. "Good Eve, M'lady. I trust that the night finds you well, and in good spirits? I am Donovan Faelis, brother to Kaiden." Taking a bite from the orange slice, Donovan casually leaned against the table, and took another glass of wine from the table, as he looked over the hall once more. The party was pleasant enough, but there just wasn't any magic yet... something that he wanted for his brothers, and the guests a like.

In Donovan's mind, a party wasn't worth throwing if people weren't talking about it months afterwards!

[size=-2]
Mischief overtook Alruna and she chose to forego this little formality, just this once. Just for right now. And besides, the lady would doubtlessly want to speak to the birthday boy first, right? She was almost flustered by her conversation with the man standing before her and how his presence had swayed her away from being the perfect hostess... She chose to remind herself that this was in no way her party. It was being thrown by her parents for her little brother... not her business to make it perfect. It distressed her a little to think like this but she took a deep breath and smiled at Karasuman.

"Well, I would feel rude in diverting the lady and her chances by ruining her opportunity to meet my brother herself and I'm sure she came here to wish him a happy birthday..." Alruna raised an eyebrow, the hint of a smile on her face, as if daring him to call her out on her hastily worded excuse. She did not expect him to and just a moment after, she shot a glance to the spindly tables at the edge of the room.

"If I'm going to be pretending that I'm not noticing the new arrivals, we ought to move from the center of the floor, shouldn't we?" Alruna linked her arm with Karasuman as though he'd offered it to her and begun to lead the way towards the fragile furniture. If he refused, she'd have her answer there that he was only standing with her for the notoriety of standing in conversation with the Princess Royal, which she hoped was not the case, though she couldn't say why. Compliments were not enough to catch her interest in any man but... he seemed good at heart.
[/size]