The Royaℓ Agendα ♥ ♥ ♥

"What is your favorite thing to read about and what do you write about? I don't know if I could ever be that creative." She had laughed softly at herself. It felt wonderful. She had been about to say something to him but he had handed her the indigo iris. She had a blush on her cheeks as she brought the flower to her lips as she breathed the wonderful fragrance in through her nose. Her heart fluttered with the excitement of receiving a flower.

"Did you know that the iris symbolizes wisdom and compliments? While indigo represents the need to sit still and listen to your own soul." She kept staring at the flower and smiling. It was the first flower she had ever gotten. She looked back up at Felix, "I think that this flower may represent you too." She smiled , for some reason she couldn't seem to stop herself. "Thank you." Her lips lightly brushed over his cheek. She kept looking at the flower and spinning it between her fingers.

"I enjoy collecting music and I study flowers. My mother had a small flower shop but I had to sell it. I couldn't take care of my mom and run it at the same time. I grew up with flowers and my mom taught me everything about reading people and their wishes and expressing them through flowers and colors. It was just her and I. We grew our flowers in our yard." She shook her head with the smile still on her face. "It seems like such a long time ago. I just haven't had any time." She laughed a little looking back down at her indigo iris. "She would always tell me how romance was a dead language and it was her calling to revive it through flowers." She smiled looking back at him.

[bg=#333366]
"Fantasy, romance..." he answered, a little shy about confessing his favourite types of stories. Since he spent so much time in academics, he liked to escape it all through his books of fiction, where dragons soared the skies, princes searched for their true loves and warriors hacked through enemies for someone they cared for.

The way she defined the flower he gave her made him smile, whilst he shook his head, saying he had no idea about the meaning behind the terms. It made a lot of sense now that she mentioned it. The iris was one of his favourite flowers and anything that was a shade of blue, he also adored. Felix had no idea the flower matched his personality!

A light shade of pink painted his cheeks when she ever so gently kissed one of them. That nearly put him off guard! Women often would peck his cheek when departing the castle, but this was an entirely different situation. Luckily, her talking kept him from steering them into a bush or something.

"I never thought of flowers that way," he replied, touching at some of the plants they passed by. Now, he was making his own theories on the species based on their type as well as their colour. Felix didn't have the best relationship in the world with his parents, so he felt a little envious of the closeness she seemed to have with her Mother. If he was a more open person, he probably would have a more social connection with them.

"You collect music? So do you play instruments?" he asked curiously. "Would you like to head back to my home, by the way? You can tell me all about this on our way there."

Felix was sure his Mother would want him back.
[/bg]

[bg=#A5DBEB]
People appeared to be too occupied with previous company to socialize with her, if not just plain uninterested. This slightly upset Beatrice, but at least no one was foolish enough to not return her kind greetings. Fortunately, the gentleman she so soundly beckoned was headed her way. It relieved her to know that she wasn't going to be alone for too much longer. There was something embarrassing about standing by your lonesome in an expensive dress, going unnoticed or unspoken to.

There was another grape in between her thumb and her index finger when Donovan arrived, so politely offering his name and wishing her a good evening. The princess turned her head to look him in the eyes, a friendly smile on her lips. "I only just got here, but my night's going perfectly well, it seems," she replied, her smile turning brighter.

Before speaking, the little piece of fruit she held was tossed into her mouth. Beatrice didn't make haste in chewing in swallowing, since that was not ladylike. All the while, she looked around the room some more, still curious about who all these people were and where they came from.

"My name's Beatrice Soulil," she introduced. Out of habit, she nearly extended her hand to be shaken. This was a Prince, though. So, instead, she curtsied for him, holding some of the faux peacock features in her hands as she did so to extend some fabrics outward. "Very pleased to meet you, Donovan."
[/bg]

Kristoff showed no overt outward display that would out him as pleased with the current turn of events. No more than perhaps the faintest tinge of a smile at the corners of his mouth. Yet anyone who swore they saw even that much might believe themselves hallucinating not only for how fast it was swept back inside but the fact that it was Karasuman. Never had he been known to give smiles freely. Swaying someone of such standing away from her self-imposed duties likely came with great effort on the part of others. Perhaps he would like to believe such at least and for that reason he might have smiled just a bit.

"Of course, as anyone here today would."

Words left his lips easily in response to her words on the intentions of Lady Kinsbury. Pale blue eyes did not let her raised eyebrow and hint of a smile slip by. Not daring to allow another facial expression the chance of getting loose on his features, he merely changed his posture. It allowed his head to tilt at just the right angle to accentuate the look in his eyes. It was the closest he would bring himself to daring to answer her silent dare. After all any challenge presented by a lady of such standing needed to be met in some way. Otherwise one might give the impression that challenge had gone over their head.

Now this is a touch surprising. . .

Karasuman had not expected the Princess to take his arm with such deft skill, even after her rather mischevious words just moments before. It actually seemed to take him a moment to adjust to being led by a lady rather than leading one. Quite humorous to see if anyone paid attention. No doubt someone was somewhere. . . after all it was the Princess and eldest Faelis child! But once he caught on after a few seconds of displacement the natural grace his tutors had taught came right back into the Lord's step. Refusal was nowhere about the nobleman which would likely please Alruna. Then again someone seeking true notoriety would gain even more by being taken aside by the Princess over to the fragile furniture.

"Would you like a seat, Princess? Or if you prefer we may remain standing."

Still not quite having pulled him out of touch with her arm, perhaps wanting her notice him not trying to escape it, the Lord had managed to attempt reclaiming some dominance by expertly utilizing his free hand. Almost dancer-like in the precision grace to make such a trivial action seem so commonplace. Now a comfortable seat on what was likely an expensive antique was not only within a convenient distance of her royal rear, but also at an anticipated ninety degree angle with the nearest chair. Directly facing one another was too brash and sitting side by side perhaps suggested too much. This way her virtue was preserved other than what could possibly be said about her speaking with Kristoff for longer than a mere greeting.

Yet the decision to sit remained entirely up to her highness.

The King & Queen now stood up to address the crowd. Everyone grew silent. Kaiden, in long deliberate steps, strode up to the thrones and stood between them, taking a bow. The Queen thanked everyone for attending his birthday celebrations and announced that this would be a wonderful party simply because it was for her beloved youngest son. She turned to the King, who continued her speech, talking about Kaiden's many accomplishments and his future dreams. He made a joke about Kaiden being king, to which the Queen gave him a sharp look. The King laughed. As they began to wrap up their speeches, Kaiden flicked his thumb in the air, looking to his left. At the music area, the orchestra was gone and modern instruments had been set up.

Lorelei stood at the keyboard and at his signal, slammed across the entire frequency. She was followed by the rest of the crew, a bright haired girl on the drums, two hooded guitarists strumming away, and a rather hot looking boy slipping on the DJ headset.

Kaiden grinned at his guests, taking in the atmosphere of the slow moving ballroom celebration and leaped off the small raised throne platform. "Let's get this party started!"

Some dancing, some eating, some laughing. He would make this his party.

The King and Queen exchanged looks and sighed. The youngest would always be the youngest. But the Queen was more interested in other things. She scanned the room, seemingly counting people.

[DASH=#67E6EC]
ℓσяєℓєι яιкα σƒ ƒαєяуα

Lorelei let herself go crazy on the keyboard. She was in love with the piano, so playing this wasn't any different. She watched as the striking good looking DJ banged out with a rock tune to make the crowd go crazy.

When he looked back to give her a thumbs up, she looked away hastily and continuing playing. One of the guitarists was complaining about having to be the entertainment and not getting to meet any girls. Lorelei laughed.

"Don't worry. The party won't end tonight." She laughed.

She meant more than she let on. She'd overheard the Queen talking earlier and from her intuition, she knew something was up. Alruna probably knew, too. Was her majesty trying to get Kaiden married?

Lorelei banged onto the wrong chord and chided herself when a couple of people looked her way. She resumed playing normally and rolled her eyes. She could not imagine her best buddy's marriage. Not at all.

[/DASH]

Tiana smiled at Felix, "You don't need to be so sheepish about it, I like those genres too." She was having so much fun talking with him she stopped noticing where they were, she even stopped noticing the flowers. She took a deep breath taking in the scents and the crisp night air. She could stay out here forever. She had almost lost her composure when he recommended heading back.

Tiana kept her smile as they headed back. "I have tired to play many different instruments, but I have found that I get easily frustrated." She blushed as she made her small confession. "I've been able to play the piano since I was a little girl. The piano is the ultimate instrument, it's considered to be the gateway to other instruments. However, I have discovered that I am not good at anything else." She laughed nervously biting her lip. "Why don't you tell me more about yourself?" She recommended, moving the conversation away from her and her inability.

He seemed to be letting her do most of the talking and not saying very much himself. Every time he did speak her heart seemed to some excited little flip and her smile was instantly there. She felt comfortable and they had a small while before they were back so she laid her head on his shoulder. Tiana had told herself it would only be for a moment, the memories of this moment would forever remain with her and they were sweet and touched a small part of her heart.

[size=-2]
Alruna was about to answer when her parents entered. She stiffened noticeably, worried that they might note her absence from the mingling of people, but they did not seem to note her missing, that or they did not care. She hoped the latter, though both options seemed dismal. Trying to warm up once more from her worries, Alruna turned to Karasuman when the music began. Kaiden had made this party his own after all - she was thrilled.

"Would you like to dance? If you turn me down, you're only getting this one opportunity..." she raised her eyebrow once more. She was not used to carrying on conversations with men that lasted so long and actually delved into the realm of her personal life, though this one had truthfully only dipped. That, she told herself, was why she was willing to keep talking to him, dance with him even. A little dipping into her real nature and life couldn't be so damaging. She would keep him at arm's length, though, she resolved.

Alruna averted her eyes from him, half expecting rejection since she knew well that he was not the most sociable of men. Turning her down, she thought, would not be personal. Merely he'd grown tired of company, as she frequently heard. She was not sure why she still felt she'd be angry if he denied her, then? So much so as to make it seem almost a threat, that he would dance with her now or she'd head off to another corner of the room?

Her eyes searched the crowd while she waited anxiously for Karasuman's answer. She wasn't surprised to see Lori jamming out with the band and wondered idly if she and Kaiden had planned this long in advance or if it was a last minute decision. It seemed to have achieved its goal, either way; mother was looking vexed at best, fuming at worst.
[/size]

Watchful eyes took note of the changes which suddenly shot through the body of the Princess, before shifting to the King and Queen. For when they spoke nothing else existed. Such was the way his father had dutifully trained the Lord to respond toward those of a higher station than himself. During their short speech his face mirrored nothing short of a stone sculpture bereft of all emotion save an expression of supreme focus upon the hosts of this generous party.

Then came the question he had not quite expected.

However it was not just the question alone which attempted to thwart his cold nature and not-so-sociable habits. It was the words which followed it that felt almost threatening in their forward nature. Most of all it was who had asked. Yet somewhere deep down, perhaps he knew this was how it needed to be done. After all he had yet to ask any girl at previous aristocratic gatherings to dance with him. Just the same many had not dared to ask him to dance out of an almost unspoken understanding. The understanding that while he was a loyal subject everyone save for the Royal Family themselves were held at a contemptuous, yet polite, arm's length.

But had it been out of snobbish ego or in an enshrouded shyness?

"Princess Alruna. . ."

Nothing in his voice gave away where his decision would lead them. Quite possibly he was dragging out the suspense in a subtle way to show that it was in fact hard. Difficult to break away from old habits. Obviously she would see he found her worthy of at least considering to dance, which was far more than any girl had won from him before. Was it her standing or personality that attracted him to her? That still remained a mystery as dark as the Raven on shoulder.

He dismissed the bird from his shoulder.

". . . I will not waste this chance I've been given. But know this: I will never dance again, the way I shall dance with you."

A deep breath was the only outer sign he let slip of his unsureness as the Lord took her hand in his & led her out toward the dance floor.

[size=-2]
Alruna took Karasuman's hand, a smile playing at the corners of her mouth now. Her posture had relaxed now that she'd put her parents out of mind and she'd returned to attempting to enjoy the evening. It felt easy to be with him, he wasn't at all one of those who seemed intent on wooing her. In fact, quite the opposite, he seemed intent on making it clear that he was there to appease her. This was oddly gratifying when she compared it against the men who spent entire evenings admiring the distinctive shade of her hair.

"Is that you subtly requesting I be the only one to dance with you all night?" she asked slyly, her cherry lips giving way to a full smile at last. The warmth spread to her eyes, which were twinkling mischievously. The dancing was not formal ballroom dancing but as far as Alruna was concerned, anyone with objections to the princess dancing would be more than sorry.

Alruna curved her fingers around Karasuman's hand, enfolding his palm within her grasp. She was feeling impish, he reserved nature brought out the part of her she did not typically show. He was one of the few people she found mature, responsible seeming. She didn't have to mother him in the slightest.

"I will take your dance as a treat, either way. I hear it's not frequent that you submit to the whims of any woman and even now..." she cut herself off, realizing that her opinions would be delving into deprecation of both of them if she continued. "I'm delighted that you've accepted to dance with me and only me tonight, then." Alruna grinned, drawing him out into objecting.

[/size]

Pale blue eyes that seemed capable of staring straight through her own beautiful eyes and straight into her heart offered a silent answer to such a sly question and warm smile on cherry lips that likely tasted just as sweet. No need to break himself from old mannerisms any more than what the captivating Princess had already caused with her whims. Terrifying really, what the reserved nobleman was allowing her to get away with tonight. Kristoff merely gave her hand a firm squeeze in response to the feeling of her fingers enfolding his palm in her own grasp.

It would appear I am at the mercy of your brother's musical taste

"I'm delighted that you've accepted to dance with me and only me tonight, then."

"As you should be."

If he were attempting to make some type of joke, it was the closest he would likely ever come to one. Some form of witty retort to her attempt at drawing him out into objecting. Kristoff was letting her know he had every intention of going toe to toe with her not only on the dance floor but in their conversation as well. Alruna could interpret the words anyway she liked given the tone of voice he used was akin to what some called a 'poker face'. The look in his eyes certainly bordered on teasing though as Karasuman was fully aware of their respective social standings. Composure reflected in each movement as his pale blue eyes were briefly examining other male dancers' moves to appropriate as his own before gazing directly into the eyes of his dance partner.

Would she let him escape after just one song had run it's course? Would he even try to escape? After all his true motives had not been stated plainly yet his actions seemed to make everything quite clear. Other guests were starting to realize who had come amidst them on the dance floor and stole glances at the pair accordingly. Now who of these two were truly gaining some notoriety, the Lord Anti-Social or the Princess Royal? Equal disbelief was directed at both Alruna and Kristoff since no one was sure just who had asked who.

[size=+2]Donovan Faelis[/size]

"Beatrice Soulil... Though it is a pleasure to meet you m'lady, I must confess that I do not recognize your name. Are you from beyond a days journey from here? I'm afraid that I'm not to familiar with the lands beyond my borders." Donovan answered apologetically, as if he had access to the knowledge but had forgotten it. When his brother jumped off the throne platform, he smiled a little bit, and as Lorelei accompanied the display with a change of music, Donovan, lightly rubbed his forhead. "Well it seems my work here is done..." he mused softly to himself as he thought back on just how early the drinks had been spiked.

"It certainly gets loud in this hall, doesn't it Beatrice?" He then took another sip from his wine glass, and leaned against the table lightly. "I think I'm going to get some fresh air while these younger folk have themselves a time. Care to join me m'lady?"

[size=-2]
Alruna couldn't help herself, the conversation was deeply amusing to her and she enjoyed talking with him like this - it had a teasing feel but nothing too frivolous or childish. She was, dare she think it lest it might become endangered, having fun. Alruna had been trained in dance as a method of solving complicated foreign relations for her parents - what better way to diffuse tension than to soften the mind with a smiling, pert young woman eager to dance and willing to listen?

Karasuman took Alruna's hand in his own and she felt at ease immediately when he began to move, cognizant of his ability to dance. It was always so much more difficult when they didn't know because they were embarrassed of how awkward they looked but not embarrassed enough to just let her lead. It was nice to forget her thoughts, though, as soon as he began to glide with her over their side of the dance floor, modern music be damned. Alruna only knew how to dance with classical tunes, ballroom dances from another century, and the vibe she got from Karasuman was the same.

As if in time to another music, a melody that only existed in their private bubble, Alruna and Karasuman monopolized the left edge of the dance floor as if they owned it, which, she would have protested her anyone commented, she did. The pair spun lazily around one another, stepping a pace or two back every so often to circle, palms facing, though Alruna had kept quiet up until this point, lost in the dancing and quite happy. The evening, even if it went downhill form here, was already better than she'd hoped this morning when she woke up. Even Kaiden seemed jovial and that was worth all of the hassle to her.

As the song ended, Alruna clamped her delicate fingers around his hand. "Would you like to dance more? Even if you say no to me, I trust you'll keep your promise and only dance with me tonight."

Alruna felt silly, pressuring him like this. She didn't know what had gotten into her to demand such promises from him but in the same, she understood her own feelings well enough to know that she was perfectly serious and for now, that was enough to hold her in the moment, eyes ablaze with unnatural green fire.
[/size]

music & dance from SHINee's LUCIFER

[DASH=#67E6EC]
ℓσяєℓєι яιкα σƒ ƒαєяуα

Lorelei left the keyboard just as the music faded at the last song they were supposed to play. She skipped over to the stage, where Kaiden was and gave him a thumbs up. He tossed her the mic and she put her arm in the air, "This is a special presentation courtesy of Prince Kaiden!" She grinned as four of their band-mates came over. The bright-yellow haired drummer, the hot DJ, and the slightly feminine looking guitarist. The six of them, including Kaiden took their places in front of the stage.

The Queen stared, confused as they started to perform to the music. She had no idea her son could dance like this. The King was equally surprised. Kaiden led the dance; his band-mates being his backup dancers. The music boomed through the speakers, the spotlight falling on their group.

Lorelei was having the time of her life. Her hair flew through the air. She was totally into it. As they danced through the sequences, she sneaked a couple of glances at Kaiden and once in a while, the Queen. Halfway through the song, she glanced back and saw the Queen talking to one of the guards, whispering into his ear. Lorelei blinked in confusion, finishing the rest of the performance half-heartedly.

Kaiden! She's planning something! She wanted to warn him, but she couldn't. The look on his face while he was dancing was just..priceless. Lorelei pinched herself in the arm, holding back the urge to scream. What was up with the Queen? What was she doing? Lorelei tried to concentrate. Arm swipe upwards, in, out, over the head, step forward, step back, punch the air, left kick, twirl and freeze. Repeat.

She could see the guards leading some of the princesses out of the ballroom. If there was anyone in the gardens, they were bringing them in and closing the doors. Was the Queen trapping them inside or something?

They finished nicely, no one had made a single mistake. Lorelei spun around to talk to Kaiden, but he was gone.

[/DASH]

[DASH=#A52A2A]
кαι∂єη яуσυ σƒ ƒαєℓιѕ

Kaiden left the group as soon as the music ended, slipping into the crowd. He'd seen the panicked look on Lorelei's face during the dance. Taking one look at the guards closing the outer doors, he realized it must've been his mother's doing. The Queen was already halfway across the room, talking to the guards who were bringing the people in from outside. The amount of guests were decreasing rapidly. He figured she was sending away the girls she didn't find suitable for her son. He almost growled, making his way across the floor angrily.

He nearly crashed into a pretty-looking girl in a pink gown. Kaiden tripped forward, caught himself and then whirled around to take her arm to keep her from falling. "Ah, sorry! You looked so pretty, I didn't get a chance to react," he winked at Helen, "Lady Kinsbury's daughter, right? Thank you for coming," his charisma was just too much, but he seemed genuinely happy to see her. He glanced over his shoulder; it would be rude to crash into a lady and run so he figured he might as talk to company while his mother calmed down.

He crossed his fingers and hoped that the Queen would turn and see him talking to the girl so that she'd stop being so paranoid. Was she seriously locking them into the ballroom? People were going to panic like crazy. Kaiden ran a hand through his hair and realized he was a little out of breath and some sweat coated his forehead. After making sure she wasn't going to fall from his abrupt crash, he pulled out a napkin and wiped his face.

"heh, dancing sure is a good workout," he grinned, "Did you like it?" If there was one thing that Kaiden loved, it was anything that gave him a rush. Dancing, like martial arts, gave him a thrill.

[/DASH]

[bg=#333366]Talking about himself didn't happen too often. To be courteous, he had to listen to the woman and always respond, even if he wasn't really listening. Tiana truly was taking an interest in him, though!

When he parted his lips to speak, his words fell silent because she rested her head at his shoulder. Light pink filled his cheeks, however he didn't at all mind it. In fact, Felix was surprised at how easily that put him off guard! She seemed in good spirits now, even comfortable around him. This made him determined to make her night something to remember forevermore, whether or not she'd want to see him again.

"Oh, what?" Felix made an annoyed look as one of the guards came in their direction, immediately pointing them in the direction of him. "We were just headed there. Can you not be patient?"

"Queen's orders, Prince Felix," the man answered apologetically.

"Mother," Felix sighed, then shook his head and continued on his way with the princess on his arm. "I apologize, Tiana. It may be too noisy for us to continue chatting, but we'll find more time for it, I promise."

The Prince smiled warmly, his face almost hurting from making a grin so broad. It wasn't often than he'd smile so genuinely! "Perhaps while we dance, I can serenade you with a poem?" he offered, loving the idea of making his poetry more interesting than the music. It was romantic in his eyes and he thought she'd appreciate it.
[/bg]

[bg=#A5DBEB]
An amused smile touched her lips as she watched Donovan's family members breathe more life into the party. It brought memories of when she herself was a wild child. There wasn't always time for it, though. Luckily, her siblings were given such a privilege; she'd hate for them to be deprived of moments that came before stressful adulthood.

"Yes, I'm quite a ways from here," she answered. "I understand. This is one of the first times I've really been away from my home. I never heard of this kingdom until I got the invitation."

Beatrice was about to accept his invitation to go outside, but stopped herself when she noticed doors being shut, then locked. "If... There's even a way outside, I'd be delighted to join you," she replied with a giggle, leaning against the table as well while crossing her arms.
[/bg]

As they had danced, his unsureness had faded away once the Princess made it clear they would dance with each other in the way one would to classical tunes. If anything this choice suited his nature beyond just accommodating his dancing skills. Kristoff took some pleasure in dancing with Alruna in their own unique way that defied the rest of the dance floor. Such was only possible to maintain proper respect if one of the pair had been of the Faelis family in terms of privilege.

Silence then came with the question of whether or not he would indulge her with another dance. Careful consideration was required for such an answer when it could control the rest of the night. Kristoff was not only thinking about Alruna's feelings but his own anti-social nature that had been challenged by the one of the few who could have commanded such. Yet the fact he seemed to initiate it somewhat and then allow such actions to continue laid enigmatic groundwork for another theory. The possibility that this was in fact what he wanted to happen.

No worry passed onto his face, only a thoughtful expression mostly carried in his pale blue eyes while they gazed upon the Princess. Emerald fires stared back at him from her eyes with such an intensity it bordered on bewitching any man who saw them to comply as if under a spell. It had never been heard of for him to fall head over heels for anyone. Tonight was likely no different. Yet the interest he showed in keeping the Faelis Princess was undeniable.

Karasuman's concentration was broken by the movement of guards which heralded dismissal of guests who mostly consisted of other princesses and ladies. What an interesting development this birthday party had started to transform into all the sudden. Did the Lord catch onto the Queen's plan quickly? Or did he perhaps fear being dismissed from the ball himself and end up parted from his delightful and beautiful dance partner? If they did attempt to remove him. . . perhaps the Lord would see if Alruna would fight for his right to remain in her presence.

"It appears the Queen has something up her sleeve."

Shockingly, the Lord raised her hand toward his mouth with the next words.

"I will keep my promise to you without fail Princess. But perhaps it would be best if we waited until later. . ."

Rather than kiss the back of her hand formally as one might expect, Karasuman only caressed along it briefly with a brush of his lips. Could he be merely teasing her, or was it truly his style of flirting? When he spoke again it allowed the breath to gently flow along where his lips had just touched with such a short sweetness.

". . . to dance again."

Helen had to admit, this was quite the party! The music and dancing was great, though she didn't dare get up and dance, her dress would have been ruined in such a moss pit. Instead while the music and party continued to get louder, she spoke with some close family friends of her's who had joined her near the tables. She felt a little out of place in a party where everyone was older and of high class. Even if they seemed just about as fun and cheery like any group of young people would be these days. Maybe it was her childhood as a commoner, or maybe it was the fact that even after all the manner lessons and dressing in frilly dresses she still couldn't help but see things like an everyday girl, instead of a Lords daughter.

As the dance ended, Helen looked around to see where her parents were. It would be bad for her to lose them in such a party, especially since one wrong word could get her into great trouble. She eventually spotted them among some of her fathers friends though she wasn't sure if she liked their expressions, the all seemed to be looking at something with displeasure. She looked in the same direction as them and saw the guards closing the door and bring people inside. Was something going on? Did something bad happen? She felt a little worried and quietly excused herself from the conversation she was in before heading toward her mother and father.

As she crossed the party and weaved through people she was suddenly crashed into by an quick blur. She gave a small squeak of surprise, unable to stop herself, and nearly fell to the ground before she was tugged back up by her arm. For a moment she just stood still in surprise before she realized who almost ran her over.

It was Prince Kaiden!

Helen's cheeks tinted the same pink as her dress as he complimented her. She smiled politely andshook her head a bit as she gave a small giggle.

"Oh no! It's quite alright, I wasn't watching were I was going so I'm at fault as well." She said sweetly, honest happiness in her voice. She nodded her head at his question as she became little less worried and a little more excited, it was the Prince after all! "Yes, I am, and thank you for the invitation." She replied politely.

She strightened herself out a bit when the Prince pulled back, wanting to look a bit older, she was two years his junior after all and she certainly wasn't as...filled out as the other girls at the party. She nodded her head quickly when he asked about the dancing.

"Yes, I thought it was great, I just wish I could have been out on the dance floor with the others but...well my dress wasn't really made for such a moss pit as that had been." She joked lightly as she motioned to the ball gown she was wearing. "I shall remember to wear a more dance friendly dress to your next birthday party. Oh! Happy Birthday as well! I wish I could have said it to you earlier but you were in so many conversations I didn't know where to pop in!" She said, her tone getting a little apologetic as she forgot about congradulating him on his big day.

[DASH=#A52A2A]
кαι∂єη яуσυ σƒ ƒαєℓιѕ

The DJ had gone back to playing the latest radio hits.

There was something different about her personality, Kaiden thought to himself as he led her by the arm to the side. There were so many people panicking and crowding about. He realized she was dressed so formally, it might be difficult to talk in the middle of swaying confusion. When they moved to the side, he smiled brightly, totally excited now that she'd complimented his dancing. And for her to suggest that she'd be prepared next time was just too much; it made Kaiden want to ask for her number right then and there. He'd invite her over and Lorelei could teach her some steps and they'd have another girl in the group. That'd just be awesome!

"You don't have to worry about formalities with me," Kaiden told her. He upfront, always. He could already sense her apologies and knew what was coming next, but grinned to ease her worries, "Just make sure you got me a nice present," he laughed. He was messing around, as always.

He looked over her shoulder at the crowds. People were being told to leave; well most people anyway. Kaiden could see most of the lesser families and some of the people he hadn't greeted yet were being escorted out by the Queen herself. And she was smiling, too. Kaiden almost felt a cold sweat down his back.

Wow, mother gives me goosebumps. Just as he looked away from the Queen, he caught Lorelei's glance and sent her a emergency look. His cousin came slipping through the crowd right away.

"You coming and celebrating is enough. Make sure you enjoy yourself and I'll be happy." Kaiden returned his attention to Helen. She was fair-skinned and gently pretty, in that fresh common face way. If he was the least bit interested in meeting girls at his mother's rendezvous, he might've have considered dating her, but at the moment, Kaiden was only thinking of all the possible ways to have more some fun and drive his mother crazy -- Crazier, if that was even possible.

"Say, uh.." He started to say. Lorelei flitted past them quickly, holding two drinks in her hand. "Helen," she whispered, quickly understanding the situation. Kaiden grinned, reminding himself to thank her later.

"Helen, you want to get something to eat?"
[/DASH]

Helen giggled a bit as she let him lead her to the side, glad to be out of the growing comfusion where her dress was a great risk of distruction. She looked up at him and nodded her head as she admired his smile a bit.

"I'm very certain we brought you a wonderful present." She said, playing along with his light heartedness. "Also, you need no worry about me enjoying myself, how could I not with a party such as this?" She said in a complimenting tone.

As she spoke she couldn't help peaking around at the growing confusion. She could see people quickly being shown out and more of the doors being locked in. It seemed that something was up and not even the prince knew since she had caught him looking around as well. She looked back to him and found herself admiring her features. Just like the other royalty, Kaiden was very handsome. It was no wonder that more girls than boys showed up to his birthday! She of course wasn't there for the same reason the other girls were. She was meerly there to show off her proper ways as well as to not look rude for rejecting an invitation from such important poeple. She was glad she didn't reject it as well, if she did she wouldn't have been able to speak with him, or enjoy the lovely evening. When he asked her is she wanted to get some food she smiled and gave a quick nod of her head.

"Yes, I would. I am getting on teh hungry side, and I'd rather not miss the rest of the fun because I let myself pass out from hunger." She said jokingly.

[size=-2]
Alruna tried to let her back ease back into the gracefully soft, yet ever straight, posture that she'd adapted to suit the dance but to no avail. Her queen mother was drawing guests inside and princesses were disappearing from the room. Without doubt, the queen's hand was behind this and Alruna had a guess as to the nature of the dismissal of the ladies from the room. The queen had been watching like a hawk and those girls had been deemed unfit for Kaiden, or any of her boys. Alruna almost had to admire the cunning - much easier to stop a relationship from forming than to break off the bud, wasn't it?

Alruna turned her gaze back to Karasuman, having only just noticed that she'd been absently glaring at her mother. Without hesitation, she took Karasuman's arm and led him back to the safety of her corner of the floor. She was not part of the equation here and she thought she knew her mother well enough to guess that her mother would not allow her to choose a husband and would instead preen her to care for the brother that took the throne. Not that her mother didn't want her happy - Alruna simply happened to be suited to the task and she'd never given any intimation of having interest in a husband or children.

She wasn't interested in any of that nonsense, was she?

Alruna tossed her hair back, causing the mane of fiery waves to catch the air and glint in the light for a moment, making a glorious red halo. She smiled, flashing white teeth, as though she knew. In reality, she was just putting on a front to try and bide herself time to think.

"I need to address the minor... ah, disturbance, with my mother. I will be right back if you'll wait here."
[/size]