The Romanian Girl

Re: Like Father, Like Son

Did you want to help me work that Romanian first impression up some time? I do like that idea about them actually running into each other in Romania... just, exactly how? Will that idea I came up with work, or should we collaborate on that a bit more?

I kinda don't think Adrian wouldn't have gotten lost. I think he's been around there enough times to know what to do and where to go. So, maybe he'd gotten into an argument with his dad over the phone while he was at his hotel, or his dad is there and they had an argument. He rushes out and heads into an area he knows his dad wouldn't follow him in; one he knows that he can easily hide himself from his dad's security hounds that follow him everywhere he goes.

That seems like a more believable situation that gets him away from the typical posh area he would usually stay at, into parts of the village that most tourist don't go - where the gypsies stay. It's dangerous and only those who know what they're doing - which Adrian does, or have friends in that area - which Adrian has, would ever venture there alone. So, he's on his own turf, if you want to say. But Nadia doesn't know him, and only sees him as another stupid rich tourist who wandered into the slums.

If you're cool with this idea, then I'll continue my research on locations in Romania and get an OP up this week.

I'm thinking Brasov, Romania. It's a highly profiled tourist area because of Bran Castle (Dracula), but we don't have to go that route. The castle is not exactly in Brasov, so that works.

They also have the Poiana Brasov mountaintop ski and summer resort. I believe if Adrian and his father were to stay in Romania, they would be there.

Reading up on dangers tourist have when visiting there, we have dangerous traffic, fake taxi drivers picking tourist up only to take them to some unknown place - steal their stuff, and run. I'm learning that most of their crime in that country is mainly stealing, pick pockets, and also false taxis with hiked up prices. There's no really horrible ghettos and such. There is, however, areas where the tourist and residential connect - which is mostly where the traditional shops are located for tourist to see into what real life in Romania is all about. If we go with this, then Nadia has a place to hang and wait on the unsuspected.

So, the conflict he would then have with Nadia would be pick pocking... That makes the most sense.

I do like that idea: Adrian would probably have been drug all over the world with his father for business deals which would have made him savvy and given him a kind of sixth sense in how to evade the security guards as you said. Of course he'll be able to fend for himself, maybe not against a mob if it came down to it.

I see Adrian very cool headed even in dire circumstances like. Although, if we were to go as extreme as having him kidnapped--I see him being vindictive enough towards his father to make him want to pay a ransom. Its just another ploy to get back at his father who he himself can't seem to stand up to. Anyone but him.

I had an idea where she picks his pocket--but he's gotten so used to those kinds of situations that the back pocket wallet only has a little spare money--the real wallet is in a pocket on the inside of his coat where he sewed a pocket--that one has his visa, passport and bank cards. But at the same time, if someone where to catch her and bring her back--money in hand. He'd give it back to her and say "I can't help what's been picked from my pocket now can I?"

I think that would be...confusing for her. And during the whole pursuit he's chasing her through catacombs and down hidden passages built into the mountains for escpe routes or quick ways into the castle. That way she'd be showing him something new, something he hadn't experienced before.

Ohhh, nice!!!

SO, it's like they have a little moment spurred from this theft gone bad, that takes him into a new view or Romania. That will allow for some nice scenery writing for us, you know; expressing the countryside beyond the ski/summer resort. I can see her take him from the resort, through a residential area around there, then into the mountain area beyond that where her gypsy-kin are residing. In my reading, I've learned that there are still small pockets of poor gypsies that still live in wagons and travel around the country.

Now, I don't see her taking him all the way there, but up into one of the castles nearby. I believe there's one close to the resort - I'll have to dig into that a bit, but it will have to be close, or they end up doing this chase half on foot, half on motor bikes... take a tram up into the mountains...

But, if we went so far, then there will be no cops to stop her.... That doesn't make sense...

Okay, hold up.

First - she picks the easy pocket for chump change while at the resort area.

Second - she's caught easily by a cop who saw her do it, and is taken to him. Adrian gives her back the money and tells the cop to release her. This throws her off, but takes her winnings anyways. She's told by her boss that if just gave that to her, then it's because the heavy cash is deeper.

Third - She follows him as he enters the residential area carefully and figures out where the deeper pocket is located. He pulls it out to purchase some food from a side-vendor. Since he's given his petty cash to her, he has to break another big bill. She sees this.

Forth - She picks the jacket pocket, which pisses Adrian off and that starts the chase. He's got a reason to chase her now.

Fifth - On foot in the streets. She grabs a motor bike, he grabs a taxi. He follows her out of the residential area and into the wood-outlined streets heading up the mountainside. Her bike breaks down before she reaches the gateway into the cobblestone village surrounding this old castle area. The taxi can't go through these thin streets, so he chases on foot.

Sixth - She leads him through the streets and up into the castle; bypassing the tourist and such, hoping to lose him in the crowd while she heads towards the opposite exit that leads deeper into the mountain and woods surrounding the location. (She's close enough to actually head into the forest where her gypsy caravan is located for now.

Seventh - I can see him shocked that this girl is so elusive, but he's a quick thinker and decides to take a quick route around (probably asking for someone with a cart to carry him quickly around the castle side to the only other exit that way). He waits for her; captures her as she rushes out of the opposite gate, and wrestles her down to retrieve hes wallet.

Eight - What happens after that...who knows... Maybe he starts asking questions about why she did it, and it leads into a bit about her and her rough life. Once he tells here that he's not going to call the police on her for stealing, then she somewhat calms down about him - but is still weary.

He can question about the place they're at and start up a conversation there that may lead into a tour of the castle... If anything, she can perhaps play the friendly card and end up leading him into an ambush in the woods, or something, in which all his money is taken and such... And then they dump him back to the castle. When he is found and he explains what happened, taking his father and the authorities into the forest around the castle where Nadia took him, the gypsy caravan will no longer be there.

The end...

Or, is it?

Nadia has his name, address, passport, and other information that gives her an insight into this guy. In a way, she almost feels guilty for using his good-will against him. He's given her the money the first time she picked his pocket, and the second time he didn't turn her in. Yet, twice she did him wrong - but blood is thicker than good will, and her family is starving.

With the credit cards and such, her family quickly pull as much money out as they can without being traced, and her father decides to use it to get them out of Romania. With that money, and the money he's saved up for years, they have enough to update their Visas and take what little they have and go. There is a small group of Romanian immigrants residing in The States where his friend, Stelain Fidatov, has been sending him money and information to help get his family out of there for a new start on life.

This gets them there, and through the contacts that Stelain had given him throughout the years, her father picks one who happens to be an employee of Adrian's father. He aids in their entrance into America, offering a place to stay and a job all in one place - Adrian's dad.

Damn, that's 6 Degrees of Separation at work!

May 13, 2013

Adrian panted heavily, sweat running down either side of his narrow but angular face. His close cropped sandy blonde hair was a stark contrast to her raven colored tresses that spilled out from her scalp like a dark chocolate waterfall. Too brisk to notice at first, it was only after he had straddled her hips with his knees pointed inwards against her hips, one hand snatching up both her wrists and pinning her arms above her head
. The movement could be something similar to how a cat pounced a mouse. No need to really stop and take a look, just pure instinct.

Muscle memory. Reflexes. Whatever it was, He had wrestled her to the ground in perhaps not the softest way, but he wasn't remorseless. Adrian slacked when he felt hem both going down; momentarily releasing her from his slight grasp on her hips with his hands. They both fell to the ground. With Nadia it was pure adrenaline that kept her moving after she fell, with Adrian it was technique and training.

However, when that passed and he was forced to look down at her to get her to give his wallet back. Everything he knew, or thought he did went out the window. For minutes, all Adrian could do was simply...stare. Rather this alarmed her or unnerved her was her own problem. His was the retrieval of the wallet in her possession.

"You ave me quite the slip there." Adrian panted,his lungs taking in heaps of air. " Let's see; grand theft auto, assault, menacing the public--running across roof tops one of which I'll have you know was a caravan I didn't know was here ad you've gone and made me tackle a girl and put her in a compromising position--I there ANYTHING else you want to add to that list because we still have daylight left ad I am not going anywhere with out that wallet."

Dude - make an ICC and post your intro there!!! :P

tumblr_m7bwrtCK7U1rzh6j1o1_500_zpse0357ebc.jpg

Balster - Blond

Falco - older guy.

I see Falco a bit more buff, that that's about the right age. Balster is like almost spot on. He's the type of guy who just doesn't look like much, but he's a slippery little demon you should pay very close attention to. Falco like to have Balster do his hard work for him...

Will be posting our new notes...soon