The Roleplay Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Abnormalize

Original poster
I am still trying to navigate my way around the site so maybe this question has been covered before, maybe not. I myself am curious about answers from the community, if you want to answer that is.

My question is about Roleplay Requests.
Do you read them in their entirety or skim enough to gain understanding of what the person requesting is looking for?
Do you find yourself interested in the more detailed requests or the short and simple ones?

As one making a request thread do you like to put a lot of detail or a minimal amount?

Do you read them in their entirety or skim enough to gain understanding of what the person requesting is looking for?
If the poster has an immense amount of detailed plots, I'll usually skim. Plots are something I'd prefer to make with the the person rather than use someone's extensive outline. I'll read through all the "about me" parts of the request, however, because that's usually the most important thing to read.

Do you find yourself interested in the more detailed requests or the short and simple ones?
Detailed requests are better, so long as they aren't ridiculously long. I prefer to know more about the roleplayer's preferences, do's, dont's, limits and boundaries, etc.

As one making a request thread do you like to put a lot of detail or a minimal amount?
Detail. The more I can be explicit about what I'm looking for, the better results I get.

Reactions: Abnormalize
I skim, and if I like what I see when skimming, then I read it properly.

This is why it's important for roleplay requests to be written in a clear and concise way :)

If the poster has an immense amount of detailed plots, I'll usually skim. Plots are something I'd prefer to make with the the person rather than use someone's extensive outline. I'll read through all the "about me" parts of the request, however, because that's usually the most important thing to read.

Detailed requests are better, so long as they aren't ridiculously long. I prefer to know more about the roleplayer's preferences, do's, dont's, limits and boundaries, etc.

Detail. The more I can be explicit about what I'm looking for, the better results I get.

I skim, and if I like what I see when skimming, then I read it properly.

This is why it's important for roleplay requests to be written in a clear and concise way :)

I agree with you both.

I am still trying to navigate my way around the site so maybe this question has been covered before, maybe not. I myself am curious about answers from the community, if you want to answer that is.

My question is about Roleplay Requests.

Hm. I usually read through the expectations/rules entirely first, then skim the ideas. I almost never look at author bios unless it's to check the age. I like requests based on layout (how easily can I get the most information?), and then the things listed about the writer, and finally, the plots.

Usually I'm very picky, so I don't find much, but I do keep an eye on certain posters to see where their thread discussions go, and how flexible they might be. I like to be able to be confident if and when I contact someone. =D

For me, usually a combination of long and short works best. I like basic information, and then to pursue more detail at my leisure, and I actually adjust my own threads for similar mindsets. If someone likes my rules and summaries, they can click links and find out more!

So, I suppose for my own threads, I do a combination. I have minimal information at a glance so skimmers can find something neat, and then if they want more, they can just click the links for the plots and characters! It's gotten me more attention than when I had everything laying out in the open or under spoilers.

Read them entirely and then see what information that I can pick out that matches my interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.