The Road to Freedom

• Thread starter The Rainbow Cat Bandit
  • Start date
Hannah nodded and followed Maria as she'd been previously instructed. She examined everything around her, occasionally catching looks of malice from the mythics that had been stuck working in the fields. What's their problems? She decided to just focus on Maria as she walked past the obviously hateful creatures.
The Blonde Centuar stared down at the satyr and smirked at him. "Alright Goat Boy, listen up. We're only going to go through this once." The centaur examined him from head to toe and began to decide on what he'd be best with. "You'll start off in the cotton fields. If you don't fuck that up, you'll be allowed to work with crops of more importance and value. It's a relatively simple process." The centaur explained as he began to trot off towards the cotton fields.

Katarina stared, silently cheering Sarah on, occasionally letting out laughs as she practically kicked the guards asses. She quite enjoyed the show, and probably would have helped out if she weren't still injured. She was starting to wonder if her wound would even be taken care of. Surely it would, their owner wouldn't want a damaged fighter, afterall. After Sarah was given a dart that sedated her, Katarina let out a deep sigh. Show's over I suppose. She shrugged and awaited to be taken to wherever they were headed.

"Don't mind them."Maria said without looking back at the fox girl, having seen the gazes the girl had received. She reached the large house and climbed up the few stairs to its porch as she approached the door. She opened it and held it open for the girl.
----
The other centaur nodded in agreement with what his brother had said. (Btw, the centaurs are siblings with the dark one being older by only a year.)
"Try to work your ass off in the cotton fields so you can get a less strenuous job and less whipping. It's wise you know not to try to escape. Newbies like you, Goat boy, often make that mistake."he spoke up before following after his brother.
Sam sighed and knew he had to follow the big horsey dudes. He followed behind at a fast walk, hating his new reality.
----
The guards grabbed Kat under her arms and at her ankles and lifted her from the van. They walked towards a door with light emitting from it as well as a sterile smell. The guards holding Kat entered and the door shut behind them. The walls were white and it was rather quiet. Wounded creatures on carts were being rolled around by employees in white lab coats.
Kat was placed on one of the rolling metal carts and a man in a white coat began to push her away from the guards.
She was pushed down the hallway and into a room with an examination table and various tools scatter around. Another person in a coat, a woman this time, entered and close the door behind herself. They lifted Kat onto the examination table and secured her using leather straps on each wrist and ankle as well as on her waist and a loose one on her neck.

Last edited by a moderator:
"O-oh....alright." Hannah nodded, following her up to the house, going inside and letting out a tiny "Thank you" as she entered the door that had been held open for her.

The blonde centaur trotted silently until they reached the cotton fields. They were huge. There must have been dozens of rows of cotton, all stretching on for unexaminable distances. "Your job will be to pick the seeds out of the cotton and place them into a cotton sack. You'll find one in the shed over there." He pointed towards a rusted make-shift shack and then nodded. "It's relatively easy. Self-explainable even. Now get to work." The centuar left to resume his duties.

Kat didn't fight until she was secured to the table. She felt extremely uncomfortable. She struggled and squirmed untilshe found out that it was useless to even try. She didn't plan on fighting anymore. There was no point. Not now anyways. What would she do anyway if she did attempt to leave. "At least unstrap my neck." She said, trying to get some sort of compromise. Even though she could move her head a little, she was starting to feel very claustrophobic.

Maria followed her in and let the door close behind her. Inside, the house was well furnished. There were various paintings,and small tables lined with decorations and a few old lounge chairs. The floors were white hardwood and a slave had recently cleaned them. The entryway was quite large and a spiral staircase led upstairs to the next floor, which couldn't be seen yet. There was a hallway straight ahead that branched off to the left to lead to the dining room and a few slaves moved in and out of another door that seemed to be the kitchen from the smells and sounds coming from it.
To the right there was a hallway that led to a sitting room and a hallway to the left of the door led to a library and a few other rooms. Most of the rooms were unseen from where the two stood, but they would soon be seen.
Maria decided to start with the kitchen and began to walk forwards, hoping the new girl would follow.
----
"Dinner is in a few hours near the house, don't be late. Curfew a few after that, find a bed in one of the huts."the dark centaur added curtly before galloping off after his brother.
Sam sighed and found himself walking to the shed to retrieve one of the sacks for cotton seeds.
----
The two people looked at Kat curiously when she had spoke, having expecting an angry or anguished animal cry of sorts but receiving a polite request. their shock soon left them and they ignored her. After, all they needed to do was heal her wound so she could fight, nothing more, nothing less. The man in the lab coat began to wipe the wound on her knee gently with a sterilized cloth as the other worker checked her current vitals and measurements so they could keep a record on the new captive.

Hannah put on her best innocent-sounding voice, managing to make it seem very persuasive. "So uhm...Maria, was it? What exactly will I be doing?" Hannah inquired, looking around the beautiful house and some of the few creatures that scrambled around, constantly cleaning and polishing various parts of the house. The smells of food hit her nose like a ton of bricks. The smell made her realize how long, in fact, that it had been since she'd eaten. It must have been days at this point...she'd lost count how long it had been since she'd left her home.

"Fine. Be that way." Katarina let out a small sigh and watched as she was operated on. She was gladdened with the fact that her wound was going to be healed. She'd had enough time of sitting around on her ass, and was ready to get back into action and actually be of use. I just hope that whatever happens....I'm still with Sarah. I don't trust anyone else. Not that I trust her specifically...but still. I at least know her somewhat. Katarina remained still and silent as she was operated on, just ready to get the entire thing over with.

Maria seemed to be able to see through most others, having mentored many new recruits and having met many other slaves in various physiological conditions. "Cut the act, will you. I know you aren't this keen to obey, I can sense it so others may do the same soon."she said, not unkindly, just in a neutral way.
She made her way towards the kitchen and entered. Inside, slaves of various species, ages, and genders were working. They washed dished, prepared food, took inventory of the food supply, and such. "You will probably end up here first."she answered the girl's question.
-----
The wound was cleaned out and a syringe injected her with a medicine to speed up healing and prevent further bleeding of the wound. Without any numbing agents, the medical worker began to stitch up the wound with a small needle and thread.

"Hm. So what should I do? Does everyone do everything or is there a division of tasks?" Hannah said, ignoring the first half of her comment about her behavior. While it was an act, she wasn't keen on disobeying either. She knew that the first time she stepped out of line, she'd be with goat boy again. Hannah took notice of one other werefox in the kitchen, and decided that she was going to at least try to befriend her. The group of werefoxes in the field that she'd seen earlier had been very few, roughly three or four really. Being around her kind was the only thing that gave her a sense of safety.

There was a weird almost tingling sensation in Katarina's leg as the medicine began to enter her body. It made her laugh due to the tickle-like feeling that accompanied it. She had to make a conscious effort to keep herself from laughing.

"It depends really. Newbies like you get a bunch of jobs, but if you try to work your way through and show talent in a specific area, you will just fulfill a select few duties. If you don't want this hell to be worse, I advise you avoid direct defiance and escape. "Maria replied as she led the new girl through the bustling kitchen. Some offered the new girl looks, but none of them seemed rude. Most were neutral, kind, and some were even in pity.
Maria added after looking around, "Well, go ahead and escape if you actually have a plan. I'm not my master's lap dog, but I am still not wise and willing enough to escape. But that doesn't mean I'd stop anyone else. But I warn you, dumb plans will get you killed."
----
The medical worker finished the stitching and bandaged it once. The wound should heal soon enough with the medicine. In fact, she would be able to stand in about a half hour, walk in an hour, and soon even run. The medical workers cleaned up their tools and wheeled Katrina out. She was rolled out of the medical wing and towards another area. It was more dimly lit and there were many prisoners in cells. The set up was similar to like in the market, as there were cells on top of one another with a top walkway instead of a whole floor, so both floors were visible. This place was way bigger than the market and there were more creatures in the cell.
Some called rude things at the new girl, as it was sort of shaming to be wheeled in.That indicated injury and an easy target in a fight in there eyes. She was wheeled to one of the cells on the bottom level. The cell was opened and there was a growling inside. Just Katrina's luck, she had cell mates. But a bit of actual luck was that the growl came from Sarah. Sarah was sitting in the back of the cell with her teeth bared. Katrina was taken off of the cart and set down at the front of the cell before it was closed shut.
There happened to be others in the cell too. There was a pissed off looking werecat with tiger ears and a tail to match who sat at the corner opposite of Sarah. And then towards the front a skeletal hellhound was curled up. It lifted its skeletal head slightly to peer at the new girl with its black pupiless eyes, but then rested its horned head back down again.

Hannah listened to every word that Maria had to offer. Since Hannah was new to this, and Maria seemed to have somewhat of a position of importance around here, she figured it would be best to listen to someone who had actually been here for a while. When the sudden thought of escape had been mentioned, Hannah shook her head. While it would be nice to be able to just run out, Hannah knew better than to think it would be anything of a walk in the park. For one thing, she had preciesly zero friends here. If she was going to escape, she was going to need to make her fair share of friends. Added onto that, she was suddenly faced with an issue. If she were to try to befriend both mythic and the person in charge of this whole operation alike, she would risk having hatred from both sides. "I'm not entirely stupid. I wouldn't dare try to escape. I quite like my ilfe, and the longer I'm around, the higher chance there will be of me getting out. Therefore I'm not going to risk it for some stupid makeshift plan of passion."

Katarina didn't bother fighting anymore, while her leg was being healed, she had lost any sort of will to fight anymore, knowing that it would be pointless for the time being. For now, she was focused on letting her body recover and being both physically and mentally prepared for whatever came next. As she was wheeled through the cell blocks, she would occasionally be sworn at or have vulgar insults thrown at her. A few cat calls were even issued from various of the cells, causing Katarina to snap her neck to the source and growl at them. Occasionally a few would back off, but the others would continue to poke fun at her.
Once she was finally brought into the cell, she looked around at her cellmates. Her eyes first met Sarah, then the werecat, and then finally a creature that she didn't recognize. Some bony dog of sorts that looked almost depressed. Had it been here the longest? Probably. That's what Katarina had gathered from the dog's demeanor. She was relieved to find that Sarah was in the same cell with her. She hoped that their previous interactions together had warranted some sort of low-level friendship/acquaintanceship that would be a sort of silent agreement to have each other's back to a certain extent. However, she knew better than to hope for such things and rely on them, but for the time being she was giong to put the majority of her trust into Sarah, her having the only real combat experience out of the pair of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Good. Than my assumption about you was correct in the fact that you do have a brain rattling up there in that pretty little head of yours."Maria replied, seeming more relaxed and a bit more casual when the supervisors were out of earshot.
She walked to one of the stations, the dish washing one. There was someone already there, washing dishes and glasses and such. It was a mousy looking boy who quickly looked back to his work. Maria stopped here and shooed the boy away to help cut carrots with a few others. Maria took his place and handed the new girl a towel. The she began to clean dishes and hand them to her to dry. "Here. Dry these as I explain other things and maybe answer a few questions. But first I'd like to ask, what is your real name?"Maria said.
----
"Oh look, another one."the werecat male sighed with an exaggerated roll of his feline eyes.
Sarah looked back to him and said, "Shut the fuck up, cat."
The weretiger snorted, but went silent. A scratch on the male's exposed forearm and a faint bruise on Sarah's cheek suggested that the two had already had it out. Sarah had also now maintained an appearance with her wolf eyes, ears, claws, tail, and teeth. This seemed to serve as a warning as well as precaution.
She looked back to Kat and asked, "So, where did they take you?" Sure she already pretty much knew from the bandage on the girl's wound, but she wondered if anything eventful had occurred.

Hannah felt somewhat offended by her statement, but quickly forced herself to get over it, not wanting to dwell on stupid remarks for long. As the towel was handed to her, she took it and let out a small sigh and began to dry the dishes, having been quite used to this she managed to dry them thoroughly and quickly. "My real name? My real name is Hannah." She said quietly, just quiet enough so that no one else would be able to hear her.

Katarina settled into a wall, closer to Sarah than any of the other cellmates, keeping her distance from everyone else, however keeping a healthy amount of space between Sarah and her as well. "I was taken to some medical operating room, I believe. They gave me this weird liquid via syringe into my leg. It's probably repairing the wound, that's what I gathered at least. It feels kinda strange, honestly. It didn't take them long, maybe a half hour at most from what I could tell. Maybe more." Katarina explained.

"Hmm..Hannah. That's a wonderful name. Has anyone ever told you that?"the woman asked as she washed dishes and handed them to Hannah. The woman seemed intriguing enough, being someone who can change from rude to nice quickly. Most of the reason was because she was often times brutally honest, though not to her masters of course. Never to the masters.
----
"Yes, you seemed to be gone for that long. I was stuck with this feline asshole here who tried to attack me first thing. I believe he has learned his lesson."Sarah replied and gave a seething stare to the werecat, who seemed to reciprocate the anger. Then Sarah looked back to Kat. "Well I'd say we have both had interesting experiences so far. But yours led to possible healing and mine led to the shortest brawl ever. I suppose it served as a good warmup for foes in the arena. Not that I need one."she added.
(Sorry for my absence, life sort of sprung up on me...)

"I suppose it's alright..." Hannah said with a faint blush on her face. She hadn't really been complimented in regards to her name. Surely her looks, but never her name. "Thanks." She said with a warm smile. Hannah continued to dry off the dishes as they'd been handed to her. "You're name is pretty as well." Hannah said truthfully.

Katarina stared at Sarah and followed her gaze after it went to their werecat cell mate. She had nothing really to say anymore. She was tired of all the sitting down that she had to do. Her leg wound was starting to close up. It was now almost nonexistent, other than the dull pain that accompanied it still. However, visually, it was hardly visisble. "Yeah....the arena." Truthfully, Katarina had never fought another being. She'd hunted animals, but that was different. She had very few actual fighting skills, and that worried her. If this was going to be weaponless fighting, she would probably barely survive, if at all.

(It's fine. I understand, you don't have to apologize ^-^.)

"Thanks, darling."Maria replied with a quick smile.
Her smile faded when someone entered the kitchen. A tall man with broad shoulders who wore a crisp, black suit and a scarlet tie, had entered the kitchen. His well polished dress shoes clicked on the tile floor. The man had grey eyes and short, dark hair that was gelled to near perfection. He was well shaven and had pale skin and sharp features.
The workers gave him wary or even frightened glances before quickly continuing their work of cleaning and preparing food. The man, one of the masters of this house, spoke in a professionally smooth voice,"There will be guests tonight at dinner. I expect well seasoned lamb chops with lemon and rice on the side. Also, salads and stewed peppers, cooked carrots, and bread. You have a few hours from now."
"But, master, that is barely enough time to m-"a middle aged woman with canine ears began to say before the man interrupted her.
"I didn't ask for your opinion. I only asked for a meal, now get to it."the master said before turning and exiting.
Once he was gone, the kitchen erupted with clamor as cooks organized the are and instructed others to start preparations because they needed every little second to work.
Maria looked shocked. "Damn that man..."she hissed.
------
"Do you have any experience with combat?"Sarah asked Kat after a brief moment of silence.
She hoped that Kat, her potential ally as things stood now, could hold herself in the arena and not drop dead within days like others did. Sarah herself had plenty of combat experience, but that didn't mean she was any safer. Her combat techniques weren't meant for long brawls, only a quick skirmish and her size placed her at a disadvantage with strength. Also, her opponents wouldn't be the weak humans she was trained to pick off, they could be a whole host of species. She could fight someone swifter or more lethal or more than likely a beast much stronger than she was.

Hannah smiled and stayed silent for a few moments until her attention turned to a male who entered the room. Hannah stared blankly at the male. She knew not to do anything, but she didn't have to show fear to the male. The only power she could feel that he held over her was his money and ability to make things happen. But in her mind, it really didn't matter how much money you had, or how many people you had working for you, none of that matters when you're in a pool of your own blood. Hannah's sadistic thought gave her a certain sense of happiness, she smirked but quickly hid it from the male.

As everyone began to scramble around the kitchen, Hannah looked to Maria for instruction. "What should I do?" Hannah had figured that just staying out of the way and doing the dishes would be the best for her, but would be just as fine with helping prepare the food. Whatever kept her out of harms way, that's what she was going to do. She didn't want to fuck up any opportunity in getting on the plantation owner's good side. She couldn't act on any of her thoughts if she did. So for now, she played the waiting game.

-----
"I hunt animals. That's about it. I wouldn't call that combat experience though." Katarina let out a small sigh. The strange feeling that had accompanied her leg earlier was no longer there. Her leg felt like it was finally back to normal. She wanted to walk around. She'd been on her ass for the past....few days? She didn't know how long she'd been gone. She had lost all sense of time. The darkness of the rooms that she'd been in since she'd been rendered unconscious had kept her from keeping track of time. Regardless, Katarina got up, using the wall as support. She began to walk around, her first few steps uneasey. Finally, she was getting the hang of it. She no longer had to rely on the wall for support. She figured she must look like an idiot for getting up and walking around. Everyone else in the cell seemed like they were trying to get every bit of rest that they could. However, finally after walking around for roughly a minute, she sat back down where she'd been earlier.

Maria thought for a moment. "Come help cut carrots with me."she suggested. The feline woman set down the plates she had been washing, as they had enough plates for dinner so cleaning more was a waste of their precious time. She walked past people rushing by carrying various ingredients and tools, careful not to get in their paths. She made it to one of the old wooden tables in the room. This one had cutting boards and a few kitchen knives as well as a bucket with cleaned carrots and another with already sliced carrot bits. Others were working at this area after the orders had been given. There was a girl that looked about twelve years old who wore a dirtied apron over well worn overalls and she had the head of a border collie dog, which was odd to most, save for the other creatures. A lean looking middle aged man with long black hair, pale skin, and one leathery bat like wing was also cutting carrots. He looked to be a vampire, though one of his wings was missing and he was probably in the kitchens as opposed to the field because he wasn't well muscled like others.
Maria stood in a less crowded spot near the table and grabbed a knife and a carrot. She then began to carefully slice carrots as she thought that this was probably the worst time to have a new recruit.
----
Sarah silently watched Katrina walk, studying her movements with careful eyes. At first, Kat reminded Sarah of a wounded animal stumbling around, but soon enough she seemed to have a bit more sureness with her steps.
"Good for you, asshole. You can walk, yipee."the weretiger man said crossly now that his new cell mate had become very distracting with her stupid pacing.
Sarah silenced him with a glare as Kat sat back down again. She looked back to her new ally. "Good, you can walk now."she said, stating the obvious.

Hannah fallowed the girl over to the cutting boards and grabbed a sharp knife. She examined it, a few more sadistic thoughts of murdering every single pathetic human in the radius came to mind, but she quickly decided against it. She let out a small sigh and the fire in her eyes faded as she picked up a few carrots. This was something that she could do. She was so thankful to not be working in the fields, it was a godsend to not have to. She began to peel the carrots, and then sliced them up appropriately to where it followed suit of those that were already in the bucket. She was going through the carrots like crazy, her hands moving automatically and without thought. Hannah had experience with being in the kitchen, and cutting vegetables was quite honestly her specialty. She grew fresh vegetables in her garden at her home. The ones that would grow, anyway. It was mostly potatoes and carrots.

"Fuck off catboy. Did someone shit in your kitty litter?" Katarina said crossly, giving the weretiger a glare, her eyes practically flashing in the darkness of the cell. She then turned to Sarah and gave her a small nod. Being able to walk was amazing. Now she felt like she could actually do something, and that she wasn't just some sort of burden on everyone else, specifically Sarah. Even down at the level of her cellmates, she seemed to have made enemies. One would think that if you were going to be in captivity for the rest of your life, whether dying naturall or in the arena, that one would try to make friends with their cellmates. There was always the possibility of an escape, though she thought it would be unlikely.

Maria watched her new apprentice examining the knife with an odd, but recognizable, expression. "Don't think too hard about using that as a weapon. You couldn't stand much a chance with a weapon that short against a bunch of guards with more ranged weapons."Maria warned.
She smoothly peeled and chopped the carrots of well, having been enslaved for about fiver years now, she had some experience. She used to live in the wild where she hunted with her family and rarely had the need to prepare food in any fancy way. Now she had no choice but to cook, though she preferred cooking and other housework over the labor outside. That work required much skill and she often saw the weary eyes, the callused hands, and lashed backs of the workers out in the fields who also had to deal with hot or very cold weather. There were a few benefits to outdoor work though. They were fed more because they needed the energy and they were done with work a bit earlier because they couldn't work with no light outside where house workers could do work basically at any hour.
-----
The weretiger released a low throaty snarl with his sharpened white canine teeth bared. His fiery orange furred ears were angled backward and the striped fur on his twitching tail was standing on end. His claws dug into the concrete ground a bit as he fixed his stupid new cell mates with a frustrated glare. He was too stressed out in this environment to tolerate extra harassment. Oh how he wanted to flay them in the arena..but why wait?
Well, they did outnumber him and the wolf bitch seemed to have a kick to her. From the looks of her clothing she was recognizable of one of the assassins employed by different guilds to pick off humans. But this weretiger was arrogant enough to still want to snap a bit.
Sarah responded to his aggression by returning it. She hadn't been in her wolf form for a while because she was shackled, so now seemed as good a time as any and maybe she'd warn off this feline asshole. Her bones began to crack and re-situate. Then in a flash she was replaced by a sizeable wolf. She had a snow white pelt and her brown eye was now amber and her blue eye was more intense. To the tops of her ears she was four feet tall, bigger than a normal wolf was but leaner and less stocky, as werewolves were a bit different than regular wolves.

Hannah ignored the comment about not trying to use the knife as a weapon. She knew not to. She'd failed earlier when some jackass with a crossbow had invaded her home. It wasn't meant to take on an entire army of humans, but more specifically take out one at a time, systematically and methodically. She would take her time with each kill, possibly removing the flesh of the humans and pouring salt water onto the open wounds. That gave her a sense of sadistic pleasure, but she quickly shook the thought away. It wouldn't be practical. But the fact of her being seperated from her sister had removed the childish and sweet nature of Hannah. She had been hardened from the seperation, not to mention she had to deal with goat boy earlier. Hannah knew that Maria was just looking out for her, and thus didn't feel like giving her the whole "I know, I'm not an idiot" speech.

At the sight of the weretiger trying to be intimidating, Katarina chuckled and shook her head. Katarina didn't feel the need to continue the verbal harrassment. If she couldn't get him to fuck off through conversation and snide remarks, she would have to give him a lesson along with her wolven companion. She saw the girl change into her wolf form, and let out a small chuckle of genuine impression. Deciding that she would probably be able to fight in her fox form, she did the same. A small flash of bright light illuminated the room briefly as she transformed into her fox form. She was roughly the same size as Sarah, however not quite as tall. She was about two inches smaller, but foxes weren't meant to be large creatures. They were meant to me small and fast nocturnal hunters. Her fur matched that of gold, looking quite majestic, yet rather intimidating at the same time. She didn't bother doing any fancy growling or other motions of petty intimidation, she didn't need that. Her natural fighting instincts as a fox would be more than enough to fend off the weretiger, she hoped at least.

"Are you new here?"the vampire male asked the fox girl with polite curiosity as he worked.
This man was about a century years old, though because of his species he only appeared to be in his thirties. He had been captured only two years ago from his home in the mountain caves of Zewanni. He had previously run a potions shop and supplied many surrounding warrior and assassin guilds. He had been taken away from his wife and two teenage sons upon being captured, and still secretly yearned to try to escape to be with them. He was known to be rather kind to other slaves, but had a bad reputation for trying to escape the place on the first month of his arrival. As a punishment and warning to other, he was placed in the open and everyone was forced to watch as one of the workers, the master's son, had sliced one of his wings off.
-----
Sarah's wolven eyes looked shocked for a brief second as she looked at Kat at her side. Damn...that's a pretty good size for a fox. Most were very tiny and this is a much bigger size gap than a wolf and a werewolf. Sarah thought to herself. This realization would have frightened her if she had been up against Kat, but since Kat was an ally as of now, it only reassured her. A natural fighter or not, Kat was not scrawny like most foxes and looked as if she could pose a threat to an opponent.
The weretiger looked over at them. Hmm, so they wanted to play the intimidation game. Not a wise move to play on the ambitious weretiger. He shifted as well. Now he had fiery orange fur criss crossed by bold, jagged black stripes. His underbelly was the same snowy white as Sarah's fur war, just a bit shorter and less silky looking. Because normal tigers were bigger than wolves, of course the werecreature size difference made him bigger. He was about four and a half feet tall and nine feet long from the tip of his nose to the tip of his tail. This seemed ridiculous, but after all, normal sniggers were rightfully the biggest of wild cats, about as tall but longer than even a male lion.
Sarah realized this simple intimidation tactic may lead to a bad fight. She didn't want to get into a scarp with a giant tiger, even with her skill and Kat at her side. She didn't fear defeat, just wounds that could limit her abilities in a fight that actually would matter. She gave Kat a look that seemed to express that she wasn't keen on fighting this guy right now. Besides, even though Sarah hated the snarky cat's guts, it was bad to have more enemies than needed and maybe this tiger man could be changed into a formidable ally in this place.