The Road to Freedom

• Thread starter The Rainbow Cat Bandit
  • Start date
Hannah stared up at the ceiling, giving a small chuckle to the Satyr's comment on the picture. While she hated the goat boy's guts, she still hated humans with absolutely every fiber in her body. Humans kidnapped both her and her sister, and then seperated them.

Katarina winced as the werewolf girl was jolted. Katarina knew well enough from that observation that she wanted nothing to do with the shocking. However, she still wasn't going to submit to the will of lesser species. As a pair approached her, they'd begun to try to take her off. Katarina couldn't do anything but squirm. Since she couldn't put up much of a fight, they didn't bother shocking her and had a relatively easy time restraining her. Katarina let her elbows and and fists fly, however she failed to hit anything or anyone. She was then grabbed by the wrists and was no longer able to resist.

The woman observed them once more before ceasing to do so. She looked at the two and said simply, "I am purchasing you. You two should cooperate and will be transported to a plantation."she said with an authoritative tone. Then she walked off with the sound of her heels clicking on the concrete.
Two guards appeared. Damn. How many workers does this place fucking have?Sam thought. He also remained seated, bot wanting to go. Sure this place was boring, but he didn't want to be a slave.
----
Sarah struggled to get up, but received a kick to the stomach that sent her down again. They grabbed her shackles and ankles and began to drag her out of the cell.

Hannah bared her teeth at the guards and let out an intimidating hiss. Hannah didn't plan on going down without a fight. She wanted to slaughter these humans like a savage. She wanted all of these humans, their wives, and their children to all die. To die painfully.

Katarina watched sympathetically as Sarah was getting beaten, but she knew that Sarah could handle herself. She was tough. But sadly not tough enough against two humans.

The guards cautiously entered the cell and approached the two. One approached Hannah and the other approached Sam.
Sam stood up quickly and tried to head butt the guard. The guard reacted with a quick dodge, having dealt with various creatures and their resistance. He then hit the goat man over the head, sending him down.
----
They dragged Sarah out and did the same to Katrina. They dragged them past the cells until they reached a large garage attached to the facility with many cars parked to receive creatures, leaving with them, or approaching. Sarah was shoved in an enclosed space in the back of a truck, with Katrina there as well. The doors were then closed and locked so they were stuck in an area that was about four feet tall and eight feet long and six feet wide.

Hannah didn't bother resisting, knowing that any form of resistance would be futile. She'd been hit over the head enough the past few days to know that she didn't want it the third time, so she went peacefully but still struggled to get away.

Katarina continued to flail around until she was practically thrown into the back of the truck along with Sarah. The interior of it was dark, however Katarina's low-light vision came in handy in situations such as this. Her eyes were practically glowing in the dark. "What the hell..." She muttered as she found her way to a wall, and leaned against it. She was still feeling unable to stand for very long.

Sam was then yanked by his shackles. He gritted his teeth and struggled vainly to stand as he was pulled along the concrete floor and out of the cell. He was dragged along until they finally stopped in a new area and he could stand. As soon as he stood up, he was shoved into the back of a van.
----
Sarah managed to sit up and situate herself a bit. Then the truck lurched forwards and she fell over with a loud, "Damnit!" Growling, she sat up again and got used to balancing herself as the car began to pull away from the market.

Hannah squirmed around in the back of the van and eventually situated herself up against a wall. She sat quietly as she waited for the van to continue moving. Kat.... She whimpered silently.

Katarina shook her head as Sarah fell. There's no point in trying to do anything now....she should just sit down....rest up. Sigh. She had just remembered that she was no longer going to be near Hannah. This was starting to freak her out. How the hell am I supposed to get Hannah now? She let out a low growl and punched the side of the truck with fury. I'm going to kill every single fucking one of them.

Sam managed to sit as far away from Hannah as possible as the van doors were closed and locked shut. The van lurched forwards and Sam managed to keep his balance. Now he was a bit apprehensive of the situation, and didn't want to be near that stupid fox bitch.
-----
Sarah looked at Kat briefly through the darkness because when the wall was punched, she had flinched in reflex. "Knock it off. You can't punch through metal."she said, but it sounded more like a warning or a word if caution rather than anger.

Hannah could easily see the Satyr through the darkness of the van. He seemed nervous, which made Hannah a bit more peaceful and relaxed. She knew that he wouldn't try something when he couldn't see that well. That being said, Hannah attempted to make herself comfortable and began to doze off.

"I wasn't trying to." Katarina said through clenched teeth. She knew that it was pointless to be angered so much right now, but she couldn't contain her emotions. "I'm going to kill them. I'm going to fucking kill all of them." She said aloud, mostly to herself.

Sam saw Hannah doze off through the darkness, or at least relax. How could she relax when she was being brought to her death most likely? She acted tough, but she fucking isn't and hard work will kick her ass if her master doesn't. he thought. He briefly contemplated killing her now, snapping her neck before she could react. He decided against it because the humans didn't like to waste money on slaves so killing one would result in Sam being punished. Slave...his new title...
----
Sarah snorted. Sure she had similar thoughts, but she knew she couldn't kill them all in her current position. She needed more time to plan and make a strategy, then she'd pick them off like any of her other targets and book it back to her home nation somehow. "Good luck with that, fox."she replied, not in a rude way, it was just a comment.

Hannah never fully went to sleep, but was more of in a restful position, and was in a very light stage of sleep. The slightest noise or bump never ceased to wake her up as the vehicle was driving. Even something as simple as hitting a small hole in the ground would wake her up.

Katarina's head turned directly to Sarah. "It may not be now. It may not be soon. But it will happen. They will all suffer." A certain bloodlust started to take over Katarina. She'd never felt this way before. It was an alien and very strange feeling.

An hour or so in the dark truck later, the vehicle slowed to a stop. Sam woke from his sleepy, worried stupor, and straightened up a bit. Soon there were footsteps and the truck was unlocked and opened to reveal the harsh light of somewhere outside. There was the sound of idle chat and livestock noises in the distance and it smelled like grass and soil. Two men in work clothes peered into the truck from a distance. One had canine ears and a tail to match, and the other had oddly colored golden eyes and pointed ears.
Another worker appeared who wore slightly nicer clothing, looked human, and had a bullwhip on his belt. "Out you go, goat."he said to Sam.
Sam lost his bearings and will to fight for a moment as reality set in. He stepped out and looked around.
They were on a huge farm. The sun was shining in the blue sky above. There were patches of different crops and workers of all species working at cotton and other crops. There was a barn a good distance away with animals milling about as well as workers. There was a main house, a large, nice white Victorian one with a well kept lawn in front. Then there was a line of small, dusty wooden shackles for the workers. Fields stretched on with a few more barns and crops. It was so...open. How were people stuck here?
Well, some others had whip wounds and shackles on their ankles. Also, out in the distance a tall barbed wire fence was visible and guards with large dogs patrolled the area.
----
"I hope you're right."Sarah sighed as she leaned her head back and willed herself to get some rest.

Hannah got out of the back of the truck. The bright light from the outside world hit her almost as if she were taking a direct look at the sun. Holy shit that's bright.... She thought, pulling a hand up to her eyebrows to shade her eyes. As much as Hannah had longed to get out of dark and cramped places, this wasn't her idea of 'escape.' This place looked to be as much a slave hell hole as did the previous. Hannah's eyes were finally acclimating to the sudden light, and she could finally see the area for all its beauty. Sure, it was nice, but she knew better than to think positively of this place. She saw over-exhausted creatures working tirelessly in the fields with bruising, cuts, scrapes, whip marks, and scars all upon their bodies. Occasionally one or more creature wouldn't be working hard enough and a quite audible Crack of a whip could be heard in the distance. What the hell is the point of having creatures do work by hand when it could be done twice as fast with human technological machinery. I guess these fuckers are more stupid than I thought.

Katarina couldn't sleep anymore. She'd had enough resting time the past few days. She needed to act. She needed to get something done.

The purpose of the plantations was to provide the food for most of the human nations. Only the cities had access to technology that could more easily produce crops, but not all parts of the nations were that advanced. Some parts were even medieval, some a bit more up to date, and a few areas were ahead of the times.
Sam looked around, heart racing. The human looking worker with the whip looked to the two. "What are your names?"he asked, tone authoritative.
Sam felt a slight urge to rebel slightly, so he did. "My name is Tiffany."he said in an obviously masculine voice.
The man narrowed his eyes slightly. "Another jokester. Your kind breaks easily here and you'll wish you had never made that joke. From now on you will be merely referred to as 'Goat boy.'"he replied.
Then he looked to the fox girl and expected her to give a somewhat real answer.
-----
After a few hours and fitful thoughts and resting, the van slowed down. It finally came to a stop that Sarah had to brace herself for. There were shouts and footsteps on concrete echoing in the space they were in. Finally the back of the van opened to reveal they were in another garage where creatures were brought in and out, except this one was a bit darker and the air was colder.
Sarah's blood almost ran cold. All signs pointed to the idea that they were in an underground prison area under one of the fighting arenas. And she happened to have guessed correctly.
Two people in grey padding and triangular helmets that concealed their faces were now in view as opposed to the more mediocre ones in black at the market. They silently gestured for the two to get out.
Sarah growled slightly and remained seated.

Hannah almost broke out into a laughing fit when the human called the Satyr 'goat boy,' but managed to keep herself under control. "My name is Haley." She lied and swished her tail around behind her. Hannah was a proficient liar and showed no signs that she was, in fact, lying. Hannah took a few looks around the plantation, wincing in sympathetic pain as various creatures were being whipped. She even found a few werefoxes like herself when she was looking around. I hope they seperate us by gender....or at least by species. I can't stand to be with....Goat boy. She had just come to the realization that she'd never even learned his name, not that she cared.

Katarina stared at the back of the van as it opened. When the hell am I going to be outside again....? She asked herself and shook her head. Being inside close quarters was starting to depress her, she was used to being out in nature and running around freely. Katarina was almost willing to comply, but knew she couldn't due to her leg wound. It was starting to feel slightly better, but it was still hurting like hell. Katarina noted Sarah's defiance and took that as encouragement to stay. Katarina, normally a natural leader, was now a follower. She felt like she could trust Sarah, almost. She'd seen no reason not to, so far. Afterall, they're in the same boat.

"Haley. I thank you for your cooperation. In result, you may choose whether you want to start in the fields, or as a maid in the house?"the man asked.
Sam almost snorted angrily, stomping a hoof gently on the dirt ground. How was it fair for her to start with the easy job of just dusting and other gentle shit?
----
The guards gestured for them to get out again as they extended poles that weren't electrified, but instead had short metal spikes near the tip. Sarah tensed a bit more and scooted deeper inside the van as her teeth remained bared and her wolf ears remained back.

Hannah had been a housekeeper for the entirety of her life, so she found it only obvious that being a maid would be the best choice for her. "I believe I would be best suited for maid-work, sir. My previous skills rely in keeping a house tidy, and I believe that my energy would be best focused in such activities, if that is not a problem." Her tone was one of respect and of false-submission. Hannah noticed the anger of the Satyr and took that as reassurance that she'd chosen the right path. While Hannah could just as easily work the fields, she chose the work of the house. Whatever would get her better treatment, closer to the head of this whole operation, and would keep her away from the Satyr, she would choose. This appeared to be such a thing. She knew that if she could remain well-behaved and act properly, she might hopefully move up in any possible ranking system the place may have. And then, when she could get close to the person in charge of this place, she would murder them. Evil plots were forming on the inside, yet a sweet-looking innocent fox-girl was what was apparent on the outside.

"Hey dumbasses. I don't know if you humans camewith eyes when you were hatched, but I couldn't move even if I wanted to. She motioned towards her leg wound that had re-opened from the rough journey to the arena." Katarina knew it pointless to out and disobey the guards, so she figured that if she could just make snide remarks and belittle them that it would suffice just as much. "Plus, are you really going to do anything with your cute little pokey-things? I hear that damaged goods are often unappreciated by the receiever." Katarina threatened strategically and cleared her throat, staring upwards.

The man seemed to smile slightly at what he thought was an act of obedience. "Very well then."he said. then he looked over towards the house and yelled, "Maria!"
A woman who was kneeling and tending to flowers in the garden by the huge white Victorian styled house, stood up. She had dark skin and wore a simple, faded yellow, short sleeved dress that reached her ankles. Over it she wore a slightly stained, faded white, cloth apron. She had a brown furred feline tail poking from under her dress near her bare, slightly callused feet. She also had yellow eyes with slitted pupils as well as brown furred cat ears with matching tufts. her hair was a matching dark brown and was braided carefully into cornrows. She approached the man with swift strides, careful to obey quickly.
"Maria, show our new girl the ropes. "the man demanded.
Maria nodded and looked to the new girl. She extended a hand. As custom, she held a hand out for the girl to shake.
-----
The guards hopped in and reached to grab Kat to help her out, having not seen the wound but having ignored her comments as well.
Sarah growled as they entered, ready to attack when they were more vulnerable.

Hannah looked at the darker skinned cat-girl as she approached them. She's pretty. Hannah thought, having never seen a woman of her complexion. Hannah shook her head quickly as if snapping out from a daze and then nodded. Hannah's hand reached out to the girl named Maria's hand and gave it a shake, her grip was soft and weak.

Katarina turned her head to Sarah and gave her an inconscpicous nod of the head and a wink to tell her to go ahead and attack if she was going to. Katarina figured that's what she wanted, but had no idea whether she was going to do anything or not.

Maria then released the grip and looked back towards the house. "follow me, please."she said pleasantly as she walked towards the house.
The human who had instructed Maria to show the new girl around, now looked to Goat boy. "Goat boy. The two over here will show you around. You will have outdoor work mostly, unless you prove to have other worthy skills, which is unlikely."the man said with disgust.
He gestured to two young men who had been observing the newbies. One was fair skinned with the body of a tan horse and long hair to match. Around his neck he wore a metal piece meant to be hooked up to things to pull. Another was also a centaur with the metal collar, but he had black hair in a braid and a larger black furred body.
(You can make up a name and personality for the blonde centaur and basically control him for now.)
----
Sarah lunged forwards and roundhouse kicked a guard in the stomach. there was a crack of a rib breaking and a thump as he was thrown against the side of the dark van. The other guard was about to turn and react when Sarah slammed the wrists around her shackles onto the top of his head and sent him crumpling and struggling to get up. She leaned down and her fangs elongated, jaws latching onto the guard's forearm as guards from outside of the van began to shout and run towards them.
A dart made its way into Sarah's shoulder and she snarled in result, losing her balance and following. The sedative mixed with the pain caused by hitting her already existing wound made the world around her grow dim. Sarah fell limp and lost consciousness.