The Road to Freedom

• Thread starter The Rainbow Cat Bandit
  • Start date
Katarina continued to struggle, but Hannah began freaking out. "Kat....Kat....are you there? I'm scared..." They were faced opposite to each other. "Yeah....I'm here Hannah." Hannah tried to move her hand and did little of what she could to give Hannah a reassuring rub of the arm.

The workers neared the creatures and addressed the hunter, "Have you come to sell these creatures?"
"No. I came to parade the beasts through the city. Why the hell else would I be going to the market?"the hunter replied gruffly under his mask.
The worker ignored the sarcasm and began to lead the man towards a set of large double doors. Two workers opened the doors and the hunter led the frightened and submissive griffin inside, the creature's head low. Inside the temperature was cool and the walls were cement. The workers shut the door behind the griffin and began to lead the hunter deeper inside.
Soon a man a woman dressed in thick padding and black clothing with face masks to match, approached the creatures. They grabbed the hands of the fox creatures and cuffed their wrists. Then they untied the girls from the back of the griffin and pulled them off of the griffin's back. The female worker managed to hold the smaller of the two girls and the other worker picked up the other one. They began to walk towards a door and entered it, passing armed guards. They had now entered a prison like area. There were two floors visible with a top one accessed by a set of iron stairs. The walls were all concrete and there were areas that were hollowed out and had one side that was barred, making cells. In the cells were various creatures. A werewolf paced back and forth in its cell with a quivering vampire shackled in the corner of the same cell. Each cell held more mythics, some shackled, some not, some healthy and defiant, and some weaker and ill looking ones.
The griffin was led into a different cell that was locked shut. The female guard placed Hannah in a cell with a satyr sitting on the floor looking sort of bored. Kat was placed in an empty cell and both cells with the fox girls were locked shut. Hannah was in a cell downstairs and Kat was in an empty cell somewhere on the second floor.

Hannah cried and reached out for Kat as they were seperated. Kat couldn't do anything but look in dismay towards her sister with the only thought in her head being that Kat had failed her sister. Hannah called out to her sister for most of the night while she was in her cell. "Kaaaaat!" She would call, louder and louder. She gave up and slumped against the bars of the cell and buried her head into her knees, letting out a few sobs of pain. The seperation, even though it was momentary, pained her.

Kat was going through similar troubles. She knew that Hannah couldn't handle herself. She looked around and saw all of the vicious creatures that were in the dark and damp area. Some of them looked absolutely vicious and like they wanted to kill her. She could only think who she was in a cell with. She can't even defend herself...poor girl... Kat looked down at her leg wound, completely unable to stand from the pain.

The satyr that sat in the corner of Hannah's cell had sat quietly most of the night, tolerating the cries of his new cell mate. He ran a hand through his curly brown hair, goat ears twitching a bit at the relief caused when the girl had stopped her yelling. He finally spoke up, "I know losing a pet is rough, but god damnit kid, yelling won't help." He had only heard, "cat," instead of a name and didn't know what the big deal was with this new chick.

Soon someone was led in, or dragged in. It appeared to be a person, wearing a dark hooded cloak with its hood pulled up. A few loose strands of brown hair were visible. Two guards held the person's shackles. One had a black eye and the other had a bit of a nosebleed. Both looked pissed off. The person threw their head back at a guard, but the guard dodged the feeble headbutt attempt. In the struggle, the hood of the cloak dropped to reveal the face of a young woman with brown hair and bared teeth. She growled, blood staining the fabric around her shoulder where an arrow had pierced her. She was dragged towards the cell Kat was in and the cell was only opened long enough to shove the girl inside.

Hannah glanced over at the source of the voice. "The hell do you mean a pet? These bastards took my sister!" She said with tears soaking her face. Hannah was taking it the worse of the two. She hadn't even realized she had a cell mate until just then.

Kat glanced over at the hooded figure. She dragged herself towards back of the cage, moaning in pain as she struggled to put distance between the two of them. She didn't dare even mistakenly upsetting the new girl. The girl looked immensely angry. "What the hell is going on here?" She thought aloud while looking around her. There were all sorts of creatures that she'd never seen before. Kat hugged her tail to her body and stared at the floor, continually making a conscious effort to keep herself from crying. I've got to get myself out of here. I need to find Hannah....and get us both out....

"Er...Your sister is a cat?"The satyr asked, He titled his head slightly, looking skeptical. This new girl was odd. She looked to have fox like features...but her sister was a cat? Family reunions must be really awkward.

The woman stood up from where she had been thrown. She glanced briefly towards her apparent cell mate. "Are you that ignorant? We are in a fucking market to be sold off to humans."she spat, still angry. She huffed and walked to the bars of the cell, glaring out at the guards patrolling and at the creatures cowering and sniveling in their cells instead of trying to do something. Sure escape was pretty futile, but why give up so soon?

"How much of an idiot could you be?" Hannah snapped. "Of course she's not a fucking cat...." She let out a deep breath. "That's her name! Katarina." Hannah's original sweet nature had changed into one of malice and coldness. This was one of the consequences of being seperated from her sister.

"Being sold....what? Where the hell are we?" Kat asked. She'd never been outside of Zewanni, let alone into a human settlement. In her life, she'd only lived in a village near the forest, and in the forest itself. She knew little of what went on in the human realms of the world, only that humans hated mythics. So in one regard, she was ignorant towards anything that went on with humans.

Sam was a bit taken aback by the hostility of his new cellmate. Sheesh, he enjoyed when he had the place to himself as this girl had yelled, sobbed, and was now snapping at him for apparently not knowing someone could be named "cat" or whatever the chick said. "Calm the fuck down."he laughed at her. If she was going to be like this the whole time, they were going to have a problem here.

"We're in a fucking market. We're being sold off to an arena or a plantation to fight or work, but be torture brutally and probably killed in either place."Sarah explained as she sat down near the bars of the cage and stared out. She mentally scolded herself for being careless enough to let this bull shit happen to her. Now she was waiting to be sold off to suffer and be confined possible for life, however short that was. She wouldn't bow to any master, so she figured it was likely she'd be killed if she were defiance. She put the thought aside, willing to be willful even with her life on the line, or so she thought she would act.

Hannah glared at the Satyr and then shook her head, deciding that he wasn't worth yelling at. She simply buried her head in her lap and began sobbing herself to sleep.

I wonder if I could squeeze through the iron bars.... Katarina attempted to transform into her full on fox form which, in the past, she'd never had problems with....but for some reason it wouldn't work. Did the place suppress mythic abilities? She wondered and let out a deep sigh, staring up at her cell mate. "So. If they have mythics in here. What does that make you? Species-wise." Katarina hadn't really seen anyone but werecats and werefoxes her entire life, so this girl looked relatively human.

"Aw, c'mon kid. Toughen up a bit."the satyr spoke up. He didn't care too much for his cellmate, but the sobbing was annoying.

Sarah looked over at her cellmate, who had fox features and smelled of one too. She wondered if she could trust her cellmate enough to reveal her species. Sure it wasn't too important or too secret, but something about telling information to strangers always put her a bit on edge. She also took into consideration that maybe revealing her species would give her more of an edge and label her as something not to be messed with. She wanted the creatures here to know she was off limits to be put down or challenged and hoped a toughened image would make her less likely to be taunted or bothered by her cellmate. "I'm a werewolf."she replied after a bit of hesitation.

"Shut the hell up." Hannah said somewhat muffled by her head being buried into her lap.

"Ah. My sister and I are werefoxes....." She thought for a moment, not wanting to break conversation. "So...how did you end up here?" She asked and swished her tail around behind her. To be fair, she didn't even remember how she was brought here. She just remembered that she tried to fight someone...and then woke up on some street....and then was brought down into this dark and disgusting area.

The satyr laughed at the weak retort from the girl. "Fucking make me."he replied casually as he leaned back.

Sarah figured it wouldn't hurt to tell the girl her background either. She'd probably never see this girl again and the it didn't seem like she wanted to fight Sarah, so the information would be relatively harmless. Although, she wouldn't mention her guild because the fox girl could be tortured if people were seeking information and the guild was focused on killing humans. She doubted it would be smart to reveal the name or location of such a place. "I was on a mission and got caught. I assassinate humans."she said simply.

Hannah didn't feel like arguing so she simply sat there and silently sobbed into her lap for the rest of the night.

"Oh. Huh. Well that sucks. We were put unconscious by some man in a weird mask. I don't remember much. All I remember is a crossbow bolt flying into my door, and the rest after that is a blur. Once we woke up, we were in a city or something. On the back of some kind of creature." Kat realized she was being very vague, but her brain began to hurt as she thought of the timeline in which things happened.

Sam the satyr rolled his eyes and leaned back a bit more, resting a bit but not being able to sleep.

Sarah didn't really understand this girl's story, nor did she fully care. She didn't see why she should feel much sympathy towards an individual, as she felt bad for all of the mythics subjected to such horrors.

Hannah managed to sleep, but continued to quietly sniffle as the night went on.

Kat was too busy trying to figure out a method of escape for her to do any sleep. Not to mention, the pain in her leg was throbbing. She wouldn't easily be able to sleep or even do anything in general until it healed.

Sam sat through most of the sniffling but after a while he spoke up. "Oh pull it together, kid."he groaned as he rubbed his cheek as best as one could with their wrists shackled.

Sarah soon stood up again and began to pace back and forth to formulate a plan and distract herself from the pain in her shoulder.

Hannah woke up after an uneasy three hours of sleep. She rubbed her nose and cleared off her eyes, sitting silently in the corner with her head buried into her lap, her arms wrapped around her tail for comfort.

Katarina stared at Sarah, the pacing was making her uncomfortable and nervous, but didn't dare say anything. The last thing that Kat wanted was problems with a werewolf. "Are you thinking of a way to get out of here to? Shit. That's a rehtorical question. Can you try something? I'm formulating a theory, and I'd like to prove it."

The satyr hadn't really moved in that time, drifting in and out of a fitful sleep as he sat with his back propped up against the concrete wall. He sighed as he noticed Hannah waking up. "Hey fox chick. Are you going to stop sulking anytime soon?"he asked her.

Sarah only glanced at Kat as she was pacing, not ceasing to move. "Why the fuck wouldn't i want out?"she responded with first. Then after some thought she added, "What the hell do you want me to try, fox?"

Hannah completely ignored the Satyr, not wanting to deal with his shit anymore. I swear. The first chance I get. I'm going to kill that piece of shit. She plotted with malice present in her mental voice.

Kat looked up at Sarah and let out a deep breath. "Well. A couple of hours ago, I tried to morph into my full fox form, but it didn't work. I'd like to see if you, being a werewolf, can use any of your mythical abilities. I'm having a hard time deciding whether it's the wound in my leg that's keeping me from transforming because I can't focus, or if it's some sort of mythic suppression ward of some sort that's on the place." Kat was quite ignorant to the outside world, as one would expect, she had no idea if 'mythic suppression wards' existed or not. But it was always worth a shot. Anything that would help narrow down options and start giving her answers.

"What the fuck is your problem?"Sam asked, temper rising a bit. His goat ears were a bit more perked up now and his eyes had a bit of a spark to them as they looked to the fox girl.

Sarah had taken this into consideration, but of course she knew many markets did have such ways to suppress abilities so her options for shifting were bleak. Still, she stopped pacing and concentrated. Shifting felt much harder than usual but she managed to make her ears raise to the top of her head and become furred and wolf-like. She also managed to make her brown eye amber and her blue one more prominent. She also gained a fluffy white tail under her cloak and her nails had become claws. Other than those changes, she couldn't do much. She sighed as she released the pent up energy she had and broke her focus. "I can't shift any more than this."she replied.