@Akashi These clans did exist, but some are under the control of one of the older players in the roleplay. You'll need to ask around to find out. As for having a Nara in Kiri, I assume it would be possible with a good explanation in the history of the char, bit thats up to the GM's, not me.

As for the Genin rule, as far as I know theres no dodging it, but after you made a genin then the option of making a Jounin or an ANBU can open up, depending on your activity in the roleplay.

@mahigan

Very nice. Good personality, history and overall nicely done. Accepted. Just one more GM needs to accept it and you can put the Cs in the CS dump. ;)
Also, add me on skype so that I can later add you the group chat. At least, if you want to be there with the others. :)

@Nightjade

Sorry, but there are still some things that need a bit of editing. :(

The thing is that she can use the Bone KG and use fire? I think that you need to either start with one element and being able to later, after a lot of training, choose a second one as we won't allow elemental KG characters be able to get more elements than the one they have. It is in order to balance out the RP, as some elemental KG's are overall quite strong.

And she kind of starts with too much good traits. Tuning her down with removing or weakening her skills and traits would be good. For example, there is a difference between being good and having a knack/talent for learning ninjutsu.

I am interested in joining but I have a few questions.. Or maybe just one... Wait.. I think two.. or more..

Do all new characters start of as Genin's? After the Chūnin exams, or can they be more? Like a Chūnin?

As for clans. Do previous clans except the ones listed there exists? I am just wondering. Does clans like the Senju, Sarutobi, Uchiha, Nara, Uzumaki and others exist? Can you make a character from one of these said clans? If so, can they be like a Nara, who happens to be a shinobi in Kirigakure?
Welcome and glad to see more interest. :)

And if you mean with new characters as in first ones? Yes, everybody needs to create a genin at the start. Later on you could create a chuunin, but we do recommend to create a genin as it can very enjoying to see a genin grow into becoming a chuunin and even after some time becoming a Specialized or full fledged jounin. I can even give examples of various characters who started as weak genin, managed to grow in competent jounin after several long arcs and lots, lots of training. ^^

As for clans, yes the cannon ones exist. Most of them at least. Some aren't accepted due we find some not fitting or OP. But as you can see on the roster, there are Uchiha, Senju and what not.

However, I must say that if you indeed for example wish to have a Nara in Kirigakure, that you're going to be in lot of trouble. There are various reasons why as we do like to have some realism in the RP.

1. History and culture.
Having for example a person that hails from Konoha in Kirigakure is a bad, very bad idea. If you read the history, Konohagakure managed to kill the first two Mizukages, which led to two following tyrants and not to mention that they were forced to sign the peace treaty at the end of the Great War. With literally a knife on their throat, as a large host of Konoha troops were standing at their doorstep and the Second Mizukage's body not even cold after the last battle. It is thus normal that many Kirigakure nin view the Fire Union/Konohagakure nin with great distrust or worse. Having a character that hails from that place is provoking others to distance you or potentially worse. It can thus be possible that we must decline a CS of a Nara or a clan trying to settle down for any kind of reason in another village. Cause it won't be fun to play if your character won't be promoted and sort of bullied due we try to keep an air of realism in the RP.

2. Leaders.
Nasty people if you ask me. They act friendly and nice, but are all the time plotting and trying to have an upper hand against each other. Not to mention that they are a distrustful lot. I don't think they will really accept it that a member of their village decides to try to settle down in another village. Can they always prevent it? No. But if shinobi from the village of origin will meet you and have a chance to do something? Then reckon that they will surely try to kill you. It is natural that they'll try to do that in order to prevent any secrets leaking out towards their rivals and enemies. Not to forget that many, if not all, will not take such 'betrayal' lightly.

Though I must say that there is a potential that characters of clans from Konoha can settle in Amegakure. After all, Amegakure is a client/member state of the Fire Union, whi

@mahigan

Very nice. Good personality, history and overall nicely done. Accepted. Just one more GM needs to accept it and you can put the Cs in the CS dump. ;)
Also, add me on skype so that I can later add you the group chat. At least, if you want to be there with the others. :)

@Nightjade

Sorry, but there are still some things that need a bit of editing. :(

The thing is that she can use the Bone KG and use fire? I think that you need to either start with one element and being able to later, after a lot of training, choose a second one as we won't allow elemental KG characters be able to get more elements than the one they have. It is in order to balance out the RP, as some elemental KG's are overall quite strong.

And she kind of starts with too much good traits. Tuning her down with removing or weakening her skills and traits would be good. For example, there is a difference between being good and having a knack/talent for learning ninjutsu.

Welcome and glad to see more interest. :)

And if you mean with new characters as in first ones? Yes, everybody needs to create a genin at the start. Later on you could create a chuunin, but we do recommend to create a genin as it can very enjoying to see a genin grow into becoming a chuunin and even after some time becoming a Specialized or full fledged jounin. I can even give examples of various characters who started as weak genin, managed to grow in competent jounin after several long arcs and lots, lots of training. ^^

As for clans, yes the cannon ones exist. Most of them at least. Some aren't accepted due we find some not fitting or OP. But as you can see on the roster, there are Uchiha, Senju and what not.

However, I must say that if you indeed for example wish to have a Nara in Kirigakure, that you're going to be in lot of trouble. There are various reasons why as we do like to have some realism in the RP.

1. History and culture.
Having for example a person that hails from Konoha in Kirigakure is a bad, very bad idea. If you read the history, Konohagakure managed to kill the first two Mizukages, which led to two following tyrants and not to mention that they were forced to sign the peace treaty at the end of the Great War. With literally a knife on their throat, as a large host of Konoha troops were standing at their doorstep and the Second Mizukage's body not even cold after the last battle. It is thus normal that many Kirigakure nin view the Fire Union/Konohagakure nin with great distrust or worse. Having a character that hails from that place is provoking others to distance you or potentially worse. It can thus be possible that we must decline a CS of a Nara or a clan trying to settle down for any kind of reason in another village. Cause it won't be fun to play if your character won't be promoted and sort of bullied due we try to keep an air of realism in the RP.

2. Leaders.
Nasty people if you ask me. They act friendly and nice, but are all the time plotting and trying to have an upper hand against each other. Not to mention that they are a distrustful lot. I don't think they will really accept it that a member of their village decides to try to settle down in another village. Can they always prevent it? No. But if shinobi from the village of origin will meet you and have a chance to do something? Then reckon that they will surely try to kill you. It is natural that they'll try to do that in order to prevent any secrets leaking out towards their rivals and enemies. Not to forget that many, if not all, will not take such 'betrayal' lightly.

Though I must say that there is a potential that characters of clans from Konoha can settle in Amegakure. After all, Amegakure is a client/member state of the Fire Union, whi
Oh I didnt know Bone KG was consider a elemental KG, which element is it? I'll fix that right away, sorry about that I didnt mean to try and make a Genin with 2 elements.

Oh I didnt know Bone KG was consider a elemental KG, which element is it? I'll fix that right away, sorry about that I didnt mean to try and make a Genin with 2 elements.
No need to apologize, pal. ;)
It is considered just Bone, I guess. Not really per se as a real elemental KG, but it is like the Crystal Release I guess. It allows you to use a special sort of element (this time your own bone structure *____* ) instead of the normal elemental chakra natures.

Edit : Also the IC will be up after New Year's eve. :)

AND to celebrate that everything is going well enjoy this rather chaotic and rather derping video.

And

*The Dancing Bears squadron is supported by New Gen and has perhaps not the copy right, but remember that else we will talk about tanks crews having parties while they are sitting above 200 rounds of explosive ammunition! (In other words, we also do other things with the group than just RP'ing :) )

Though sorry for the second part, which was largely Dutch and somewhat.. Dutch mixed with English. xD

Last edited:
No need to apologize, pal. ;)
It is considered just Bone, I guess. Not really per se as a real elemental KG, but it is like the Crystal Release I guess. It allows you to use a special sort of element (this time your own bone structure *____* ) instead of the normal elemental chakra natures.

Edit : Also the IC will be up after New Year's eve. :)

AND to celebrate that everything is going well enjoy this rather chaotic and rather derping video.

And

*The Dancing Bears squadron is supported by New Gen and has perhaps not the copy right, but remember that else we will talk about tanks crews having parties while they are sitting above 200 rounds of explosive ammunition! (In other words, we also do other things with the group than just RP'ing :) )

Though sorry for the second part, which was largely Dutch and somewhat.. Dutch mixed with English. xD
Ah, okay then I'll save the fire for when she gets her 2nd element.

LOL Randomness ftw?

Ah, okay then I'll save the fire for when she gets her 2nd element.

LOL Randomness ftw?
Well that is the problem with KG's. Non-KG characters and some dojutsu KG characters can train a second etc chakra nature. However, I'm not sure if that's the same for the bone. I'll wait for what another GM has to say regarding it. I might be possibly be wrong (I'm a human, not a dancer :( ). And quite so. Just a bit of showing that the group of New Gen isn't only about RP'ing. :)

Okay @Gerontis I edited my CS again. Changed some things up so shes more Genin-like =)

This response is literally overwhelming and it really warms my heart to see such an interest in Gerontis´s masterpiece RP.
Starting reviews now, so please have a tad bit more of patience :bow:

@mahigan
You are indeed accepted by me as well. I look forward to seeing the bow and arrow in action, as I already did with one of my teammates in Konoha ( Lilly ) and she really, really rocks with it. Perhaps you two can exchange experiences and tips to become even better ;)

Feel free to post your character into the accepted characters bin and should you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to ask them :)

@*~Nightjade~*
While I like your character concept, I got to second what Gerontis already told you. I personally am not a great fan of starting with a KG except when the situation literally asks for it ( e.g. the Uchiha / Hyuuga Kekkei Genkai ). Well, I remember when I tried to train one of my characters to obtain the Wood Release, it was way too much fun. Sadly, due to time issues, I had to let him go :cry:

Oh, and the All Directions Shuriken has to go too - Genin can´t have an A-Rank at the beginning.
But you got plus points for me for your summon. See to those issues and I think that we will be able to accept your character :)

Alright, this should do it for now. I see some WIP sheets back, so more reviews are sure to come :)

Last edited:
Chinatsu certainly does rock it and her apples too! Thanks Fox!

@Gerontis - Thanks for the information. I just used Nara as an example anyway. I was leaning more towards an Uchiha. The only reason for why I asked for a member from a clan in Konoha to stay in another village/country was because you guys are not allowing more player nins in Konoha.

It's a shame for me now since I wanted really to make an Uchiha I could develop, ofc as a Konoha-nin. I guess I'll wait until a spot to join as a Konoha nin opens up.

Another thing. Create a group guys. It's like your own section with this amazing RP. I assume alot of threads with information, accepted CS' and submitted CS' along with other threads are needed. To make this RP even more user friendly to the new RP'ers. You can advertise this RP with a single thread in this section, but to redirect them to the NRP group. This way you wont have to create more threads in this section since there are many other OOC' from other RPs. It wont be cluttered with a group. Things will be easy for the GMs and the players. It will frankly be much more organizing.

If you guys have this already planned. Then just ignore my silly rant. xD

Add me in skype as well if you guys want. Tenza139 is the name.

Okay, time for more questions then. Hope you guys don't mind haha.

How do we join a squad?
Do we grow stronger IC or is there some sort of point system?

You are automatically assigned a squad upon joining, and you do grow stronger IC :P

No point system or such, but merely need to have the progress you want your char to have be acceptable.

Reactions: falk
This response is literally overwhelming and it really warms my heart to see such an interest in Gerontis´s masterpiece RP.
Starting reviews now, so please have a tad bit more of patience :bow:

@mahigan
You are indeed accepted by me as well. I look forward to seeing the bow and arrow in action, as I already did with one of my teammates in Konoha ( Lilly ) and she really, really rocks with it. Perhaps you two can exchange experiences and tips to become even better ;)

Feel free to post your character into the accepted characters bin and should you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to ask them :)

@*~Nightjade~*
While I like your character concept, I got to second what Gerontis already told you. I personally am not a great fan of starting with a KG except when the situation literally asks for it ( e.g. the Uchiha / Hyuuga Kekkei Genkai ). Well, I remember when I tried to train one of my characters to obtain the Wood Release, it was way too much fun. Sadly, due to time issues, I had to let him go :cry:

Oh, and the All Directions Shuriken has to go too - Genin can´t have an A-Rank at the beginning.
But you got plus points for me for your summon. See to those issues and I think that we will be able to accept your character :)

Alright, this should do it for now. I see some WIP sheets back, so more reviews are sure to come :)
Oops forgot to delete All Directions Shuriken, its useless since she doesnt have clones now anyway lol. So you guys would prefer that I have her discover/learn about her KG through IC rather than starting with it? I'm cool with that, should I keep it on the CS though and just get rid of Dance of the Willow? I was actually debating between Wood Release, the bone one, and creating my own KG lol.

Lol because shes cute?

Nightjade, creating your own KG is always welcome :D
And the option I believe everyone here prefers seeing. Originality above all! :3

I made a thing! Couldn't choose a village so I just went with Kirigakure because it was what all the cool kids were doing, and I'm a tool.

[spoili]
xclv9d.png

Name:
Nickname/Alias:
Hiroshi Akiyama

Age and date of birth:
14, May 5th
Age Appearance:
14-15

Sexuality:
Bisexual [Though still figuring himself out]

Parents:
Hiro Akiyama (Father)
Akame Akiyama (Mother)

Length and build:
5’7, fit(ish?)

Weight:
59 kg

Favorite weather and season:
Likes the sun

DN3p4.png

Village:
Kirigakure
Birthplace:
Kirigakure
Organization:

Clan/Bloodline:

Genin

Chakra Nature:
Water

vmspdd.png

Appearance:
b7761976b89e635a156523fb8e1b527d-d7lbyw3.png

Credit: anch-u

23msj6g.png

Personality:
Hiroshi is a nice and friendly individual. He is the type of person people would claim to be ignorant to the world around him as he’s often an optimist. He believes anything can become better with a bit of time and dedication, the world mainly. While some would say that’s pretty idealistic, he just calls it his hope and will. He tries to be charming as well, mostly in front of people he finds attractive, but ends up falling short and embarrassing himself which he hopes could just be laughed off.

Hiroshi is insecure and easily jealous. Whether it is something as petty as seeing someone he failed flirting with talking to another guy or just seeing people achieve something faster than him, he gets jealous and ends up feeling the emotions for hours. Emotions in general he feels more easily and stronger than others for longer periods of time; simple sadness will be grief, wrath instead of anger, and so on. While he does his best to keep them under control, allot of the time he falls short, and he even ends up taking them out on himself.

DN3p4.png

History:
Born and raised in Kirigakure, Hiroshi grew up during the reign of Kang Nomonoto alongside his parents Hiro & Akame Akiyama. They were both Shinobi who retired to take care of him, but due to the new laws his parents worked most of the day. He only remembers the last year and so of Kang’s reign. He didn’t know much about Kang himself though aside from what his parents bickered about when they thought he was asleep. His mother called him a tyrant, and always spoke about rebelling against him while his father never really spoke ill about Kang, only stating to not rebel for the safety of their child. As time went on, the bickering stopped, though Hiroshi didn’t know why.

A few months later Kang was assassinated, much to the like of his mother. His father said nothing, and Hiroshi cheered alongside his mother because why not? Though when this new Kage showed to be just as corrupt, his mother became bitterer. His father continued to say nothing, Hiroshi throughout it all just wanted to block it all out and study. About three years later his mother left one day, and next thing he knew fighting began spanning two days. His father never let him leave the house, and just told him to stay in his room whenever he’d ask what was happening. Once the fighting stopped that’s when Hiroshi was informed by his father; the fighting was due to an attempt to overthrow Fumiyo which failed, every rebel was killed including his mother.

Knowing that hit him hard, especially at a young age. He would grieve for hours at the loss of his mother, and whenever he thought of Fumiyo he’d get angry. It’d get to the point that he’d have to end up punching something in order to let his anger out. His father didn’t speak to him about it though, most he did was give something to Hiroshi to remember her by. The items were a book containing his mother’s jutsu, and a hand-made staff that closely resembled one his mother had used which he always found interest in. After gaining these items Hiroshi forced himself to stop grieving. Reading through the book he came to the conclusion that he wanted to get stronger to protect the people of Kirigakure, and make a change within it instead of crying about it.

He begged his father to join the academy just for his father to shoot him down, only saying that it’d be too risky. Only after months of nagging did his father give in, though he didn’t send him to the academy, instead he decided to train the boy himself. They first worked on Chakra control which took a while for Hiroshi to learn, but once he got it down he was pretty good at it despite the seemingly low chakra level. Throughout the years of training the two men tried not to let what happened around them hinder them too much. The Suzu situation had little effect on them personally, but they were cautious about the assassinations due to Akame having a hand in a previous one.

After training with his father, Hiroshi turned out to be…not so good at best. He had good chakra control, but he just didn’t have the knack for combat ability. His father had suggested a different turn which was medical ninjutsu, something he was surprisingly good at but something he didn’t want to do. Nonetheless he studied in that field, and not too long after was sent to the academy. With the return of Rika Suzu, Hiroshi didn’t get his hopes too high that she’d be a good leader, but with what happened to her family there was a chance.

After graduating the academy, mostly getting by with his intellect and chakra control, he felt more confident. He could perform more jutsu than he could when he was training with his father; in his book that meant a step closer to becoming a better fighter, even if he was still quite poor at fighting. His Medical Ninjutsu also got better which he didn’t particularly like, but he wouldn’t abandon the skill. He just hopes he gets better at fighting, to help protect the village.

Theme Song:

2h5tkk2.png

Weapons/Items
Shuriken [10x]
Kunai [5x]
Smoke bombs [3x]

Name of Weapon or Item:
Staff

Description:
A staff that resembles one his mother used to fight with.

Appearance:
In main appearance.

DN3p4.png

Name of Weapon or Item:
Mother’s book

Description:
A book filled with Jutsu his mother has created/used. Having descriptions of what each jutsu does, they also have small illustrations below the descriptions. The last page of the book has a seal on it with no information.

Appearance:
In main appearance.

15qxeus.png

Skills/Abilities
Above average chakra control – Below average Chakra level
Decent Medical Ninjutsu
Ok Bojutsu
Ok reflexes
Decent speed
Low stamina
Low strength
Poor Taijutsu
Poor Genjutsu
Below average Ninjutsu

DN3p4.png

Special Traits
[Good] Intellect
[Good] Analysis skills
[Good] Knowledge of the human body

DN3p4.png

Kekkei Genkai:

Name of Kekkei Genkai:
Clan:
Description:

DN3p4.png

Jutsu

DN3p4.png

Custom Jutsu

Name of Technique:
Water Release: Octo-Healing

Type of Jutsu:
[Medical] Ninjutsu

D

Range:
Five feet, can spread by adding chakra

Nature Type:
Water

Handseals:
Bird – Dragon – Tiger

Description:
[This technique requires a source of water, it can even be water from another jutsu]
Once activated water surrounds the feet of Hiroshi. Next the edges of the water spread five feet resembling the arms of an octopus. Once the arm(s) reach the target it wraps around them replenishing stamina and healing light injuries. [Five arms, one arm for one target. More people to heal the more Chakra is required, cannot be used on self]

This technique is deprived from his mother’s book, though instead of healing the arms were used offensively and defensively. Somehow it turned into healing when Hiroshi used it.

Weakness:
Cannot move while technique is activated.
Takes away quite a bit of Chakra [For him]

====================

Name of Technique:
Palliate Palm Technique

Type of Jutsu:
Medical Ninjutsu

D

Range:
Short-range

Nature Type:

Handseals:
Boar – Tiger

Description:
This ability is similar to Mystical Palm Technique. While this ability can heal, it does so slower than the Mystical Palm Technique. This ability main function is halting the effects the wounds carry. An example is poison through a cut, using this technique will halt the spread and effects of the poison. As well it can stop the pain of a wound. Since this technique mostly stops the effects instead of healing them overall it’s best to use this to keep someone from falling under, instead of having the intention of healing them.

Weakness:
Effect stopping isn’t permanent, must keep hand(s) over wound.
Technique can be stopped if focus is broken.
Longer the use the higher amount of chakra is taken away.

DN3p4.png

Summons
Name:
Species:

Size: (Small, medium, large, colossal. The size and strength dictate the chakra cost.)
Unique Traits: (Just like the one for you character. This can mean flight for birds, or swimming for fish.)
Jutsu:
History:
[/spoili]

So questions:

One: Does it need to be stated that characters have basic Shinobi equipment (Shuriken and such) in order for them to have them? Or is it just something they have? Not that Hiroshi would be any good with them.

Two: Would it be ok to have Mystical Palm Technique, though a toned down version? Apparently it's A-Ranked whereas I always thought it was a basic thing that would grow with rank.
giphy.gif

And lastly, the history. I messed up on it, like, greatly...So I have to re-write it which I will soon. So I guess consider this a w.i.p?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gerontis
Me? I don't control it Dx convince the GMs with cookies!

Normally the village leader kind of has the power do to that. Or a jounin commander or such people. Or else just a GM that drops you in a squad. I'll probably mix up you lot with some of the squads to create a fair balance among the current squads. ;)

And nice so far Expllo. Though no against the jutsu. Perhaps putting it in a custom technique that is kind of the same, but at a lower level. Think that is a better solution/manner than saying it is the cannon tech and watered down. :)
Other than that, if you don't have it on your CS, then your character doesn't have it. Sounds a bit harsh, but hope it makes sense. A character can't have a sudden great willpower if it isn't mentioned on her/his CS and yet manages to resist a genjutsu that has a weakness for great will power. :P
Thus counts the same for 'general shinobi tools'.

Keep up that good work, lads and lasses!

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: K3l
Question answer time!

@*~Nightjade~* As for discovering your KG IC or not. That is totally up to you ^^ If you think it will be fun to write it IC then go for it. If you rather start with it and then expand on that, go for it.
Own KG's are cool, but tricky, sometimes, to balance. So be careful. Originality seems fun, but sometimes gets in the way.

@Expllo Answering the question Gero ignored,
1. I would prefer it if you briefly stated the standard arsenal your Genin has. You don't have to explain them thouroughly because we all know what a kunai is (unless it is a special kunai). Just give a short list like:
- Shuriken
- Kunai
- Smoke Bombs
- etc

As for the history, if you have trouble (because I get that this is a lot of information xD) then don't hesitate to ask any of us.

Also we will all devide you into squads. Probably after New Year when everyone has more or less finished their CS'ses.

Also Welcome to all the new people.

EDIT: Sneaky Gero answered the question while I was writing... very sneaky..

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: K3l
And nice so far Expllo. Though no against the jutsu. Perhaps putting it in a custom technique that is kind of the same, but at a lower level. Think that is a better solution/manner than saying it is the cannon tech and watered down. :)
That is...actually a good way to go about things o.o I'll begin working on that.

Other than that, if you don't have it on your CS, then your character doesn't have it. Sounds a bit harsh, but hope it makes sense. A character can't have a sudden great willpower if it isn't mentioned on her/his CS and yet manages to resist a genjutsu that has a weakness for great will power. :P
Thus counts the same for 'general shinobi tools'.
It ain't harsh, don't worry 'bout it. It actually makes sense why you go about it that way, Expllo likes. Thanks Mr. Exotic voice :p

EDIT: Sneaky Gero answered the question while I was writing... very sneaky..
Valiant effort.
tumblr_inline_muhln4bFEh1rymbrg.gif

Thanks nonetheless xD

Edit: Also, not allot of information. I've been following this RP since before Guildfall, so I'm good on it. History was just due to me not paying attention and making timeline errors :p

Last edited: