The Rise of Morgoth (Val x Mystical)

M

Mystical Fox

Original poster

100 year have passed since the fall of Sauron and peace has been among the race of men. There has been no war, no fights since Aragorn took to power and even after his son took over peace still remained. Still, forces of the unknown are looking to bring Sauron back. But are they really? In the depths of Angmar's capital a group of cultists are seeking a way to bring back Sauron and maybe a force even greater. Rumors of these cultists have spread throughout Middle Earth and soon the new king of Gondor, Aragorns son Eldarion has hired a group of scouts to investigate these strange rumors. These scouts known not of the foe they face and have agreed to go into this blindly. Eldarion has tasked his closest friend with leading this group to Angmar's capital in hopes of finding out what happened.

Dear Mila,

It has been a while since my last letter. You said you would be in Rivendell by now so I hope this gets to you well. Things haven't been so good since we last talked. Rumors from Angmar's capital have reached us and soon I know I will have to send people to investigate it. I do not know if I have the will to send people to there doom. I don't know if I will be able to find people I trust fast enough to deal with this threat. As such I am writing to you. I need you to help me. Lead a party to Angmar's capital and find out what is happening. You are one of the few people I trust as of late. There are a 5 people including you in this group. One is a trusted guard while the others are people I have hired before and trust to aid you on this journey. I'm not sure how soon this will reach you, but please make it here soon. I need your help.

Sincerely,
Eldarion

Mila closed the letter and looked up at the beautiful white city in front of her. I had taken her a week to get here on horse back. It was only a day after she got the letter that she left. Though she wasn't sure how well of a leader she will be, Mila knew she had to come. Eldarion was one of her closest friends and while they don't talk often they were still friends. It never helped that Mila traveled the continent, helping people where she could and making a name for herself. Mila, a 390 year old Elf who was around for the War of the Ring, still was trying to make a name for herself out side of 'The Rejected Elf.' Folding up the letter Mila shoved it into her bag and tugged on her horses reigns as she walked forward. She could feel her hand shacking from anticipation. It has been a year since she last saw Eldarion and she wasn't quite sure how to act around him. So much can happen in a year and while Mila knew things would have not changed between them, she still didn't know what to do when she gets to the castle.

Sighing Mila shook her head, hoping to clear the nervousness in her. Walking up through the kingdom felt different from the last time she was here. There was no kids running through the street, nor were there many guards patrolling. A new sense of nervousness filled her, one of slight fear. What could have caused kids to be inside on this day? Maybe it was a coincidence, or a sign? Whatever it was, it was rubbing Mila the wrong way. As she came upon the gates of the castle Mila could see the usual amount of guards standing at the top. With a relieved sigh Mila continued her walk, her horse trailing behind her. The closer she got the guards the more straighter they seemed to stand. It was almost as if they knew who she was. The guard to the left was a rather short compared to the one on the left who seemed to be only a few inches taller.

Standing in front of the guards Mila inquired, "I'm here to meet with the king."

The two guards looked at each other before nodding, "Are you Mila Frankford?" After giving a single nod the guards opened the large oak doors. Internally sighing Mila walked into the grand hall where a group on men stood. They all turned to look at her as the door closed and Mila could sense the tension in the air. 4 men stood near the throne and Eldarion was nowhere to be seen. Nodding to the men Mila walked toward them a stern look set on them. Her black hair was held in a messy bun with a few hairs framing her face. She wore a green long tunic paired with leggings and thigh high black boots. You could see her elven ears which were pierced in several places. With one look you would be able to tell she was a rogue. "I'm Mila Frankford daughter of Klin Frankford of the Woodland Realm. Are you the group of men hired by king Eldarion?" Mila asked her gaze leveled with them.

Reactions: ValGalorian