The Rise of an Empire (A Lawful Evil Interest Check)

AceSorcerer

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
"We will turn this corrupt land into ash so that it will be born new, by whatever means we must take! With your might and my sorceries, all shall kneel and swear loyalty to their Overlord and Emperor!"

RideragainstRotath.jpg

In an age long past in the world of Aklavion, a people known as the Vraenor discovered the power of magic. Feared by their rivals, the other ancients banded together and banished the people from their homeland, only to take their arcane research and better their own societies as the lost Vraenor braved the frozen northwestern regions. There they built a society out of the shadows, wherein they began to delve further into the darker magics after they learned their works brought about a golden age to the east, all while they were bound to the very will of nature amidst great storms and mountains. But, in time, the great mage Gareth established Netherium, a citadel of mages and the capital of what soon became the Vraenor Empire. Generations later and Gareth's descendant, the dark mage Kieran Gareth Throauldr, is crowned the new Emperor and Overlord of Vraenor. With many ambitions beneath his belt, he and his childhood friend and general Sir Arterion Landrak with aid from the mysterious spymaster Lucretia le Torneau set out to reclaim the ancient homeland of their peoples, beginning with the conquest of the city-state Ildir.

g-liulian-.png

Expectations/Rules:

-This RP is going to have a "lawful evil" focus, filled to the brim with revenge, dark magic, and conquest.
-As with everything else, all Iwaku rules will apply.
-The initial player cap will be eight individuals (four of which are open), with an aim for each member to post at least once a week either using a posting order or a courtesy system voted on by the accepted players.
-The minimum post we hope to see is a single strong paragraph or two average ones for scenes that aren't very action or dialogue heavy.
-I will be playing the role of the Emperor while Dipperwill be acting as the General as well as Co-GM.
-There are some suggested roles, but everyone will be free to do as they please, within reason.
-All fantasy races are available, even some monstrous races may be used pending GM approval, but humans are the most common.
-The OOC Chat will be hosted on Discord.
-The RP itself will begin with the conquest of Ildir

Suggested Roles:
-Scholar
-Imprisoned/Conquered Noble
-Fallen/Captured "Hero"
-Imperial Guard
-Army/Guard Captains/Soldiers
-Imperial Assassin

Lore: ADDITIONAL INFO - WORLDBUILDING The Vraenor Empire (LORE)
Sign-Ups: The Vraenor Empire Sign-Ups

Please don't hesitate to leave a comment or shoot me a PM if you have any questions!​

Last edited:
Don't suppose I'd be allowed to join now would I? What with my internet situation and all being what it is :c

Reactions: AceSorcerer
Don't suppose I'd be allowed to join now would I? What with my internet situation and all being what it is :c
I can put a spot on hold for you until the internet returns.

Last edited:
A beautiful concept! <3

I can put a spot on hold for you until the internet returns.
Thx I appreciate that, but it doesn't seem fair to others and I wouldn't feel comfortable with you doing that.

I'll see if there's more spots open when I get my internet, untill then, best of luck. :D

It is reborn once again.

I'm always interested in epic fantasy roleplays, especially the darker concepts.

I have a mighty interest.

Been itching to play a goblin mage for so, so long.

Could I grab a link to the Discord? I'm working on a sheet to submit for the sign-up, but I have some questions.

Last edited:
@kaleidoscopique @Astrobabe If you guys have any interest in dark fantasy, themes of revenge and deceit, and playing your good ole fashioned lawful evil villain, this is for you! If you guys are not too full on rps, we'd love to have you! <3

@TheQueensGuard @Applo In case you wanted to fry apples with me and take on a lawful evil rp with me and conquer the world!

We've got two more spaces open! I have nobody to tag, but we need just another member or two!

I'll draw you a lovely stick figure!
Note: Not a great artist, just awful bribery.

@Kat
Thanks for the ping!
Gonna read over the lore and such again, then try and think of a character. If I come up with something I like, or if I have any questions I'll message you @AceSorcerer

I'd be down. The only other rp I'm in in which I'm not the GM has come to a standstill. I have a drow character in mind.

Is the discord already up?

Is there any spots currently open for this still?

I am interested in filling that spot if I may

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lillian Gray