Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.
Marcellus;Quicksand;LB;

THE
RIDERS
of VERLENDIA

PLOT
For well over a century, the Draconic Forces of the great kingdom of Verlendia have lay dormant, the creatures all but driven to extinction by a mysterious illness. Only a few eggs remain, belonging to the original line, guarded diligently in their stasis. At long last, the kingdom prepares itself for the Hatchling Ceremony. But on the cusp of the ceremony, a great evil rose, determined to ensure the creatures born from the eggs of their ancestry will never rise to meet their calling.

Now the Riders, chosen by one of only two surviving Oracles of the Eyes of Orestra and driven into hiding, train in secret, raising up their dragons with the hopes of delivering Verlendia not only from the darkness that would threaten her very existence, but from the evil that for too long has been veiled in the heart of her greatest cities.
HISTORY

ONCE...

Man and Dragon were not always opposing forces. Once, many long years ago, mankind shared the skies with the magnificent beasts, protecting the people below with honor and dignity befitting knights of old. But men below were greedy, and kings and warlords claimed the dragons as their own - tame though they were not. Soon, tiring of their captive lifestyle and the lack of regard for their formidable nature, the dragons and their kin rose up and a terrible war took place. (The Reckoning)

In the wake of such devastation, few dragons remained that bore loyalty to man. Those few centered around the land of Verlendia, where the Draconic Forces rose from the mire of desolation. Chosen by the Eyes of Oresta, oracles gifted with foresight, the Dragon Riders and their dragons guarded the lands and people of Verlendia.

Then the Great Disease came. It began swiftly and carried little mercy, taking the dragons with it. In time none of the fearsome beasts would survive its calculating hand of death and destruction. Without their guardians, Verlendia became vulnerable to outside forces, and though their army was diligent, they could not stand against the onslaught (The Bleak Year). Most of Verlendia was taken. Only the Iron Citadel of Cobrol and the deep stone walls of Stavinburg held fast. They would not hold forever, but there was hope. Hidden in a cave deep below the Palace of Glass, at the peak of Mount Theonar outside of Holiveil, a handful of eggs were gathered, untouched by the illness that ravaged the dragons.

Strengthened by the rumors that their guardians would be born anew, the people of Verlendia rose up against their tyrannical infiltrators, and liberated the lands once more. (The War of Sowers)

OOC

OOC DETAILS

Riders of Verlendia is a rebooted intermediate roleplay, somewhat freeform in concept, as I intend to build the story along with you, rather than having a strict plot structure in mind. I will be accepting no more than ten players (this is including those returning players from the former RP - so roughly 5-6 new players). As this is a previously run RP that is rebooting with only some retconning, there will be prior character and plot development that you may have missed, but I don't expect you to familiarize yourself with all of it. I will explain the crucial parts/characters and you can jump in as you see fit. You will be allowed to choose your race/location, as well as the type of dragon your rider possesses. Note, I am ONLY accepting sheets for Riders, at the moment.

I'll be expecting posts every other week, though more frequently is of course welcome, as well as collabing (I do ask that if you collab you don't take more than the allotted two weeks to finish/post).

There are no real length expectations, but I do ask that you shoot for at least a few paragraphs in order to keep things moving forward. One liners are the only thing not permitted as these rarely serve to drive the plot and are exceptionally difficult by which to respond.

Content wise, I ask that you avoid too much gratuitous violence/language. Sexual content of any kind is not permitted - any romantic moments going beyond smoochin' are required to fade to black.

OOC nonsense is absolutely fine, but OOC drama is a no go. If you can't get along with the other players or have a tendency to be argumentative/confrontational, you are probably not gonna be a great fit. Communication is a NECESSITY. If you aren't willing to commit to plotting/chatting with other folk on a pretty consistent basis, you might not wanna jump into this one. I'm a wife, a mom and I work part time, so I don't expect you to live your life around the RP, but ghosts don't make for great players. RL comes first and if you have to take a break or can't post for a long period of time that's fine, but please let me know. Failure to reply or inform me of absence/hiatus will likely result in your removal from the RP.

I will be utilizing a DISCORD server for chatting/plotting/organization purposes and do ask that if you choose to join the RP you also join this, as it makes it easier for announcements and planning. The link for the server will be posted as soon as I have accepted characters.

Pending interest, the character sign up process will begin Monday, January 17th and end the 24th. Characters will not be first come first serve, but will be chosen based on creativity, content quality and your site history (whether or not you've dropped RPs/posting consistency/quality/ability to interact well with others/willingness to plot). I will absolutely accept questions via PM or DM should any arise. I do ask that you use realistic artwork or real faceclaims (period style should match that of high fantasy) - I will not be accepting cartoons/anime.

I do ask that you review the encyclopedia, as this is pertinent to character creation and plot. As well, there is a collection of short stories involving the history of the RP - this is not required reading, but if you like Easter Eggs, you may wanna check these out!

Special thanks, again, to @Verran and @KatSea for their assistance in the creation process - you two are absolutely invaluable!

The RP Encyclopedia

Oh, I've been itching for a dragon rider rp, so this has my interest for sure.

• Love
Reactions: Pupperr
Reactions: SilverPaw
Dragon riders? Sure!

@SilverPaw @Equusheart

Here is the link to the sign ups! Be sure to review the encyclopedia first and familiarize yourself with the lore. If you have any questions, I'm just a PM away!

Note: waiting for the link to move from the archives to the sign up thread. You won't be able to post till it shifts over but it shouldn't take long!!

Reactions: Equusheart
Good to know, I'll probably need a few days to finish the CS.

Still reading, but I already have a question if it's okay.

* Walks into the room. Sees the potential new humans. Does nothing. Walks away. *

Reactions: Fyrra
@Equusheart - Just checking in ! I know you mentioned you had a question, but I hadn't heard from you in a few days! :-)

Looks like I’ll have to bust discord out again

Just noticed the thread after seeing if you had new ones. Do you have room for one more?

Just noticed the thread after seeing if you had new ones. Do you have room for one more?

Technically sign ups ended Monday, but if you can get a sheet in over the weekend I can give it a looksee!

Would you care for a resubmission of Olee or would you like to see that leech Amalfi ;P

@Equusheart - Just checking in ! I know you mentioned you had a question, but I hadn't heard from you in a few days! :-)
Hey! Sorry it took me a longer to reply than I wanted. Rl got busy on me. I'm honestly gonna pass. I'm not sure if I'll have the time for this and I don't want to hold anyone up.

Reactions: Elle Joyner
Would you care for a resubmission of Olee or would you like to see that leech Amalfi ;P

Most everyone is just using their OGs haha. Ze did make a newbie tho!

Reactions: Custodiet Teh

I was considering starting off anew and coming up with something interesting, but I'm put off by having to consider the possibility of writing (riding) a dragon npc/side. I'll keep my hooves on the ground methinks.

I was considering starting off anew and coming up with something interesting, but I'm put off by having to consider the possibility of writing (riding) a dragon npc/side. I'll keep my hooves on the ground methinks.

You can always also rework Ole, if you feel like she needs something different or fresh! Just lemme know if you're tweaking anything major. I'll get you the discord link, as well.

Reactions: Custodiet Teh