The Rich and the Poor

"Really? I like gifts," Derek said with a grin as he looked to the Penelope. He looked to the floor and stared at his feet. He wondered if Zendaya and Ethan were angry at him for leaving before they did. Was he a bad friend for letting her go? He didn't want to pressure her into tagging along, and it seemed like Ethan had needed a friend other than Derek. He looked out the window and into the clearing skies, 'I hope this is what you wanted, mom', he thought.

Penelope's father chuckled at the word 'gifts', but nodded and agreed with his daughter. "Of course, I'll teach Derek to cook a few basic meals and we can eat." From where Derek was, he could see Marie's face form into one of disgust and disapproval. She definitely didn't want him touching their food.

With a soft sigh, Derek saw that he was probably going to do everything in that home.

Penelope tilted her head, staring at her mother inquisitively. "But Momma, he needs to take a bath first, and I have to give him all the gifts, and then we can play! Can't you teach him how to do it some other time?" She complained a bit too loudly in the car with a frown on her face. They wouldn't be able to play at all today if her mother was going to teach him how to cook. Besides, it wasn't fair that she got to spend time with Derek when she rarely did so with her own daughter. "He's my friend anyway, not yours." Penelope mumbled and looked out the window while fidgeting with the seatbelt that secured her to the car seat.

Catching the younger girl's mumble at the slightest, Marie turned her head and asked angrily, "What was that?!"

Instantly, her husband placed his hand on her shoulder gently, "Marie, calm down." That must have happened a lot; him calming her. She seemed like a poor-tempered woman, while her husband was a calm, analytical person. The perfect marriage in a way; good balance. As he began driving the way home, he glanced back to Penelope periodically through the rear-view mirror. "Well... How about this?" He began his compromise to the girl. "Today; we'll get Derek clean and get him some clothes, and you can give him his gifts. Then, whatever time there's left, you can play until bedtime. Does that sound good?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. Marie scoffed in annoyance, matter what; she managed to not get what she wanted.

Ew, bedtime. Derek hated that word; he remembered when he was younger and that was a 'thing'. And then, his heart sunk, he was probably going to be given one again. If it wasn't one problem, there was another.

Her face contorted, an expression of fright mirrored in the reflection of the window. Penelope's mother was always loud and usually irate over one thing or another. It wasn't a healthy personality for a child to be around, but it was less intense in public places. She listened to her father while idly dragging the tip of her index finger along the glass. She wasn't going to answer him properly in this situation, not when it would more than likely cause her mother raise her voice again. Instead, she curled up as best as she could in the small seat and shut her eyes. A quiet "M-M." was her response.
Penelope was now in a sour mood and couldn't be bothered with real words that would make the situation worse.

"Uh..." Ethan frowned at the woman's tone but shrugged it off. "Ethan Robinson, 16. Nope, haven't got a criminal record. And... sure, I guess?" he said, slightly pissed off about the last question. He lay back in his chair, awaiting to hear Zendaya's response.

'Oh hell no. I'm going to fucking kill her. I'm going to fucking punch her in that pretty little face that a doctor probably gave her.' Thoughts like these filled Zendaya's head as she glare at the female in front of her. She was the living, breathing embodiment of everything Zendaya hated. Her gaze shifted to Ethan as she controlled her breathing to keep her anger at bay. It wasn't really working as of right now.
Ethan answered calmly as Zendaya caught the little comment this girl made at the end. She had to bite her cheek to keep from opening her mouth. She had made a promise to Ethan. Zendaya didn't break her promises. Her leg bounced feverishly as Zendaya gripped the armrests of the chair. 'Don't hit her. Don't hit her.' Zendaya looked up at the Rich with a glare that could shake even the bravest of men. 'Do. Not. Hit. Her.......I'm going to fucking kill her.'
Once Ethan finished Zendaya took a deep breath. "Zendaya. It doesn't fucking matter. No." Zendaya didn't even answer the last question knowing she would say something rude, well more rude than how she was speaking now anyway.

Julie calmly studied the two, her mouth set in a firm line. This was probably the best she'd be able to do even with their improper attitudes. The little Poors should be thankful she even considered taking them in with those awful sets of clothes. No matter, she'd have some staff uniforms given to them in the near future. Her stare went from Ethan to Zendaya and back again, quickly resting on the girl. She was pleased with the boy, but the girl's answer showed her defiance and a nearly cruel smile turned the corner of her lips upward. She'd have fun trying to break that one. "I do need your age, dear, especially if you're going to be living under my roof." She spoke in a condescending manner before turning her head back to the male who brought these two to her. "What do I need to do? Sign them out or something?" Julie moved the pair of shades on top of her head to the bridge of her nose, clicking her shoe impatiently again. "Is there some No Return Policy I should know about?"

Reactions: k-michelle412
"Tch, whatever." Zendaya rolled her eyes. She leveled her gaze with this woman's. She dared her to try something. Zendaya wasn't afraid to hit a Rich. Actually she craved to sometimes. Just one good punch. Maybe knock some sense into them. It would be great.
Zendaya looked to Ethan, turning her glare on to him. 'I blame you' she mouthed. This woman was a witch and Zendaya was not going out of her way to be kind. She already loathed her and they barely even met.