The Reborn Immortals | All Spots Filled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, limits. IMHO putting limits in place is saying you don't trust everyone present- which makes sense in some situations, but when I get a group I'm comfortable with I never bother.
Xam is a bit strong for being newly reborn, but not in a manner that would make the roleplay difficult. ^^

Sausage-fest is one of my favorite terms. XD Being in JROTC I use it quite a lot.

Right now we still need a Prophet, a Dancer, and a Smith. I can take one or two, depending on who else wants a character. In order of preference I'd like the Dancer, the Prophet, and last the Smith, but I don't really mind taking any.

Last edited:
You sound like an awesome role-play partner. And if you think she's a bit strong, I can nerf her a bit to bring her down to a more acceptable level.

Ferril mentioned his interest in taking the Smith, if you just want to hand the role to him. He's a good kid with a flare for writing. Unless we're still waiting on Akuma to fill that spot.

And if no one else wants another role, I wanted to play the prophet as well~

Maybe tone down her abilities just a bit. That way she'll have something to grow into, y'know?

That takes care of the Smith and the Prophet, unless anyone has an objection?
And I'll just go ahead and claim the Dancer unless someone really wants it.

Well, I was working a temp for the Dancer as well - just needing to refine a few things with it. Not sure if there's a need for a male or female, but I was setting the Dancer up to be either or... Just depends on what you want to do. I'm good with one for now, but will run with two for the fun of it.

I definitely don't want to hold anything up though. If all parts are filled, then let's just role. I'll assist in a needed NPC or C&G (Come & Go) charries when you need them. That works for me! :)

I'll rock-paper-scissors you for the Dancer XD
Anyone volunteer to be the judge?
(Edit: I realized not everyone knows how to play r-p-s online. The idea is that the two players PM their choice to the judge so there can't be any cheating)

I do! LOL!

Nah, that's fine. I've reevaluated my situation. If I take on a second, it might pose a problem if my reality interferes with my roleality. Therefore, you take it, just keep me in mind if you require an NPC or C&G for a scene. I'll be happy to run them for the moment. :)

Thank you~ I'll be sure to keep you included. ^^

And with that, all the roles are filled. Let's all get our character forms up on here and get the IC thread going!

Reactions: Rufiya
Ynu Kingsister
The Dancer
female
Ynu is from the island-nation of Keim, and is lovely as the isles themselves. Her skin is coffee-dark and near flawless; her hair a silky river of ebony down to her hips. Though she stands five foot nine she has the youthful body of a girl, narrow-hipped and small-chested, though with thick, muscular legs and square shoulders that suggest the power coiled in her lean frame. Her face, however, shows none of the power. She is beautiful, but again in a girlish manner. The bridge of her nose, like most of her peoples', is very low, and the resulting button nose makes a fine centerpoint for lilted, exotic eyes and thick, seductive lips.
As the Dancer, she is poised and graceful in conversation as well as movement. Never an awkward moment to be seen, Ynu is a sweet, caring person who always puts a good face out to the world. She does not, however, wear her heart on her sleeve, and has never trusted anyone completely. She loves other people from a distance for she has always felt a gulf between her and everyone else that no amount of charm or charisma could bridge. To an extent she never had friends, though it's hard not to like her, she'll never quite let anyone inside.
She was born a princess, though as eigthh daughter and seventeenth child of the Emperor she is in negligible risk of ever being heir apparent. Beloved of her father, he paid for her to travel the world, visiting courts worldwide and spreading the goodwill of Keim, setting up trade alliances, and generally strengthening the nation's position. A few years ago her brother took the throne, and he has continued to use her as an ambassador, though with heavy pressure to eventually marry one of the foreign princes she visits. While she flirts with many of them she has no desire to make it serious due to her distance. She humors suitors but feels that none of them are on her level- such as it happens, she is, in fact, utterly correct.
Having traveled extensively Ynu speaks five languages and writes in three, including Common, which is the only language other than her native one that she is also literate in. She has learned most currencies and customs of the major players on the world stage, and during her stays has also learned the dances of many of the places she has visited.
Currently she has yet to fully step into her role as Dancer, and as a result her only ability is supernatural grace. She always knows exactly where every part of her body is and it's nearly impossible to cause her to lose her balance or stumble. Enhanced charisma has also come with her heritage, though it's a passive thing and even she assumes it's just part of being a princess rather than anything magical.

Sabine~ How do you think I should introduce the Enchantress/Shaman?

EDIT: Just saw your post. -w-

Haha, if I'm ever unclear, feel free to point it out. I forget sometimes that you guys aren't in my head, seeing what I see. XD

Cicero
The Prophet

Appearance

Despite being a young man, Cicero always seems far older than his appearance suggests. His blonde hair seems to slowly grow lighter until the ends are as white as snow, framing a round, youthful face with blue eyes, sullen, dark and dull. He is thin, almost alarmingly so, his shoulders and hips sharp against his tanned skin. Wrapped in a simple brown robe, he does his very best to make himself invisible amongst the poor and destitute he shares space with, feet and hands wrapped in filthy bandages, days of dirt stuck to his skin.

Personality

Cicero is a quiet individual, partially by nature and partially by his upbringing. He does not speak often, his words soft spoken and quiet, like a whisper, when he finds that something needs to be said. His words are generally dismissed out right, as if he hadn't spoken at all, but he doesn't mind. Very few things seem to bother the young man. When he is bothered or upset, he is more likely to internalize the anger, bottle it and never deal with them. He'd rather forget his anger entirely than confront someone who has wronged him. People who know this tend to take advantage of the man. You will often find the man on his own, away from others. Perhaps talking to himself.

History

Cicero was born to a family who had nothing to spare. No room, no food, and no love. His father knew that the child wasn't his, and accused his mother of infidelity, despite her truthful claims otherwise. Cicero caused a rift between his parents, and in turn, a rift between him and the rest of his family of six. His elder siblings were scavengers, fighting over scraps of food found in garbage piles and stolen from unobservant merchants. They couldn't spare the time for him, and the boy was left alone for much of the time. No one was there to see that the young child was beginning to lose his sight. Not that it would have mattered much, as they hadn't the funds to help him. Cicero was blind by the time he was nine. He remembered the world, its light and colour, and it deeply sorrowed him that he'd never be able to see it again.

The moment his family found out that he was blind, they left him, believing he would drain their already strained resources. It was in these moments, blind, alone and afraid, that Cicero began to see in a different way. He would see flashes, pictures in his mind, as if he could see once again. He used this to help him in his new isolation. As he grew older, he began to try and control his new visions, to see if he could cause them at his discretion. It seemed to be working, until he overshot the mark. He didn't get a vision of the immediate future. His mind was sent spiraling into a place very far away from his home, full of strange and frightening things that he couldn't name. He felt as if he had been trapped there for hours, watching, unable to flee the sights before him, before his vision went to black, and reality set in again. The ordeal terrified him, and made him very cautious of his visions.

He does not want to go back to that place.

Skills

Cicero has very few skills, as he is uneducated and uncultured. The few skills that he has relate to survival. He hear's tones in the voice of the people he talks to, and can generally tell who is friendly and who is dangerous by these tones. Cicero also has a developed sense of spatial awareness. He may not be able to tell you that there is a crate in his path, but he will be aware that something is in the way, and move around it. It isn't perfect though, and he does stumble and trip a lot.

Abilities

Cicero can see the immediate future at a whim. While trivial, it helps him navigate through the world without the use of his eyes. However he limits the use of this power, as it also has a chance of bringing him a vision of a random point in time. It can either by something from a time long gone by, or of a world yet to come. It is sporadic, and generally doesn't hold any meaning to him.

Gdfsgh this took way too long... Sorry about the wait. I'll go reply now..

Reactions: Lady Sabine
It's beautiful~

Sorry its taking me a bit to put up the smith yall, I'm having to use the local library for internet access atm T-T

Aww. :c That stinks.

Calida Ironhand
The Smith
APPEARANCE:​
Calida, or Cali to those she trusts, is well known for her unorthodox looks... and occupation. Her time as a smith has been a major factor in her general look and style, influencing everything from her hair style to the clothes she wears. She keeps her hair close cropped for the most part in an attempt to keep it from ever catching flame,she does keep one side longer as a small statement of her femininity however. As for clothing she tends to wear tight leathers mixed with light chain to help avoid serious burns... not that its always effective. Her entire body is crisscrossed with burns both large and small from her work.

Still though she is considered one of the more beautiful women in her village, even if her muscled physique and abrasive attitude are generally off putting. The only thing not particularly intimidating about her is her height... at 5'5 there aren't many who would worry about her overpowering them. They should.

ff_detail.jpg

Credit to Dan Dos Santos
PERSONALITY:​
Cali is cocky, brash, and fiery, smithing is not only an occupation for her... its her passion. Her art. She is at her best when creating something, whether it be a simple hoe or a new set of armor it is of no difference to her. She puts her all into anything she does and everyone knows it. Not everyone accepts the fact that a woman can be a smith... But she soon rectifies such misunderstandings often with a fist or the leg of a chair... for she is also a notorious drunkard.

When she is not at her family smithy she can often be found carousing at the local tavern, holding her drink with the best of them. She takes insult from no one and jumps into fights, only when she is smithing is her fiery, rambunctious nature calmed.

History:
"A smith must be made of a steel harder than any other, if they ever wish to shape it for themselves."

Cali was born into a well of family, her father was the best smith within miles, making him the favored smith for many of the nearby villages. It was his hard work and the respect that he earned with it that allowed her to take her own special path in life.

The man was blessed with 3 daughters... yet no sons. Cali was the youngest of these. Her father was a proud man, quick to anger but also quick to forgive. He seemed to run as hot as his forge, only to suddenly cool as though splashed with a bucket of water. To Cali he was the greatest man alive. Her sisters were taught to cook and clean. To watch the house, mend clothes, do all those other womanly things... but Cali was able to avoid that detestable life by a chance of fate.

Bjorn, her father, was known to keep any oath once uttered. On the begetting of his third child he had proclaimed proudly to all the village," Come what may, this child shall be my heir." He had made the oath on a seers assurance that his next child would be male. He and the seer were sorely mistaken. Cali came out a girl, beautiful and perfect... but also fierce. Her first cries seared the ears like the peal of the greatest hammer blows, her father had proudly proclaimed that her fingers already held the strength to bend iron if she so wished. Though disappointed that his newest child had been a girl, Bjorn had not been discouraged about the oath he had made. For the Ironhands always hold to their oaths...

He brought Cali up as his own special girl. He taught her all she might need to know about the craft, letting her learn the same as any son might. She grew up to be hot and fierce like her father... her personality simmering as the coals in a forge. Any who saw her would say," Ironhand blood always runs hot." Though... Not everyone was talking about her personality or her skills.

From the moment Cali could walk she enjoyed the taverns of the village. The boisterous laughter. The carousing. And most especially the fighting...

When she was a young girl she would often hang around the doors and windows watching and listening. She learned many things in her frequent eavesdropping sessions... many things that most would rather girls not know. She got an introduction to violence and... other things early. And that's just how she liked it. Regular brawls with the village boys showed that her time smithing had payed off, giving her strength enough to fight boys and even full grown men, many times her size.

As she grew she began to frequent the tavern even more, now being old enough to hold her drink... but she was not just growing older... she was also becoming more and more beautiful. Over the years she had to beat sense into more than one handsy bar patron and she relished every single chance. She honed her brawling almost to a fine art, and nearly funded a full retrofit of the tavern due to all the furniture she was forced to replace.

Recently however, her life has hit a serious hitch. Her father died... Her mother remarried... And Cali lost her forge...

Her mother had always been against teaching Cali to be a smith, clinging to the idea that she should be raised as a proper lady. That she need marry and run a house. Have children. A life that Cali certainly did not want. But when her father died and her mother found a new husband... she had no choice. According to the law the forge was her stepfathers by marriage... and so was Cali. Her mother tried to turn her into a proper woman. To show her etiquette and manners... Cali would have none of it. the one time that her stepfather attempted to enforce her mothers will Cali beat him handily, nearly wrecking the forge in the process.

Her sisters were already married. Her father dead. Her mother a traitor. And her forge... gone. Cali, fierce as ever, merely shrugged. She gathered up the tools she could especially her prized hammers... and she left. One last stop at the tavern was the last tip of the hat to her village and her old life before turning away for something new.

Skills
Smithing is Cali's first and foremost passion... she has spent much of her life learning the skills required for the forging and maintaining of various weapons, armors, and tools. Her training is not quite complete however... She still has much to learn, and is quite happy to do so. Her second passion you may ask? Brawling. She likes a good scuffle to let out the steam, regularly starting up fights and contests of strength just for the hell of it. Lastly and most obviously... shes an amazing drinker. Her hardy constitution allows her to drink most men under the table with ease. Bottoms up~

Abilities
Cali has a good eye for metals... When one looks at a sword most people merely see a lump of metal made into a shape... Cali sees the imperfections in that blade, and knows exactly how to wield it so that it is less likely to break... or hit it so that it does. She often uses this to good affect when forging and reforging items, making more durable items.

The main ability that makes her stand out though... is her immense strength. For one of such a compact size she has the strength of a much larger man... Though for a woman she has a serious lack of grace, often moving with a slow swagger rather than a dainty step.

P.S. Once again sorry for mistakes and or crappy quality of storytelling... Been awake for 32 hours now I think 0_o

P.P.S. I figure I gave her too much power... I shall fix that when i'm... whats the word?
AH. Lucid. XD

Last edited:
We're stalled at the moment waiting on Jack. I've tried to send a message but his inbox is full- if we can't contact him and/or he has no interest in continuing the rogue, would anyone here be willing to take on the Rogue?

I maybe, but would we have to use his character or make up a new one all together?

Definitely make up your own. I don't believe in using other people's characters, especially without having permission.

I've got a way to contact him off Iwaku. I'll shoot him a reminder to get back to you, if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.