The Reborn Immortals | All Spots Filled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great to me ^^

This is really interesting....

I'm sort of buying some time here - a bit concerned about starting a new RP, but I really am taken by the Horsemaid, Shaman and/or Dancer, if they're still going to be around.

I'm working over my charrie template and searching for the right look... seeing just what these charries feel within me. Hopefully, you'll get a sneak peak real soon.

If my time fails me, I will definitely let you know before things really start to move forward more. Other than that, I'll be here for the long haul.

I'm not quite sure what your status is on the Dancer, which was my first want, but I'll consider taking the Horsemaid first, then the Shaman for a second instead - when that time comes.

Last edited:
Well, the dancer isn't reserved until I see a character template, but it would be damn decent of you to take the horse maid as your first choice.
Whichever role/s you choose, I'd love to have you. ^^

{reserved for dancer}
Name Blow
role Dancer
age 20
look Long black hair and sliver eyes
bio to be told
persanlty allways kind to others even when th are mean to her.

Mushishi, that's not enough. I'm not going to reserve it until I see a CS similar to the other ones posted.

Simmon
The Ranger
Appearance
Simmon is not what one would call intimidating. The young man stands at a rather pathetic height, the top of his head just hitting the chest of the average man. There have been times when he has been mistaken as a child, though opinions change once he turns to face others. Simmon's features are all angular, sharp and thin, betraying his actual age despite his vertical challenges. If he wasn't perpetually scowling, one might even call Simmon's face handsome. As it is though, his bright jade eyes always seem to hold some amount of anger in their depths, making him seem unapproachable. The man's hair and clothing are generally unkempt, his reddish-brown locks seemingly cut with a knife whenever they become too bothersome.​
Personality
If one was to summarize Simmon in a few words, those words would likely be: Distant, Stubborn and Angry. Simmon seems to keep everyone at a distance. Very few people have ever been able to get more than a nod or shake of his head in response, and those that have goo ten more are usually on the receiving end of an angry fist, as the man has a bit of a short fuse. Simmon doesn't seem to speak to others, cutting conversations down to questions he can answer yes or no. In truth, he speaks quite a bit, but it is in a sign language that he's neglected to really teach anyone. If one pays attention long enough, they might catch a word or two from the way his hands move in parallel to his facial expressions, but it wouldn't be enough to understand what he was speaking. Simmon is not moved easily, and is very stuck in his ways. He's been known to butt heads with those who attempt to force him to compromise.​
History
Simmon was born to a young couple in an isolated mountain village. Having been told she was unable to bear children, his mother was ecstatic to find she was now pregnant. Simmon proved to be a difficult child right from the beginning, causing no small amount of complications during the pregnancy, eventually ending with his mother dying while giving birth. His father did his best to be there for him, but Simmon was left in the care of his withered grandmother for days at a time while his father worked. The woman was not kind, grief stricken and angry at her daughter's death. Simmon learned early on that to say nothing was the easiest way to avoid being hit.​
It was only when his father came home that Simmon felt confident enough to speak. Even so, he began to speak less and less. His father, seeing the distress speaking caused his son, began to work out a simple set of gestures that the two began to use to communicate. It became their secret language, stemming from the simple gestures that his father used when hunting with the other village men. It became more and more complex as the two worked out more signing. By the time Simmon was old enough to join the hunting party, the two were able to communicate fluently to each other.​
Simmon was only invited out to one hunt. It would be his last group hunt. A tragic accident, where he didn't react fast enough, left his father dead, the team injured, and the blame left on him. His grandmother wouldn't take him back into the home, calling him a curse. The village offered him a small home, and his father's old bow, but he'd need to make his own way. So he did what he knew, and began to hunt on his own. Some days were better than others, but he never seemed to return empty handed. But as time went on, he only became more and more isolated, until present time, where he barely interacts with anyone.​
Skills
Simmon is quite skilled with a bow from years of hunting and honing that skill. It takes him a little while to get used to a new bow, but if it is well crafted, he finds his rhythm easily. He is also quite adept at tracking. He can't work miracles, but he is very good at following a fresh trail to a few days old. Much older than that becomes rather difficult. As good as he is at shooting targets at range, Simmon is not a close combat fighter. He may be able to throw a few punches in a bar fight, but he wouldn't be able to stand up to someone with any form of training.​
Abilities
The first shot of any new bow that Simmon fires will hit their target. If he has a target in mind, and he can see the target, the first arrow will find it. His next shots may be yards off, but the first one will hit. Simmon can also see more detail at farther distances. Where a regular man may see the blurred form of a waving friend, Simmon will see the smile on their face, the new shirt he's wearing, the blue bruise on his cheek. he cannot see through cover, however. If the object is obscured, he will not be able to see it.​

Looks awesome. ^^

Wait so is doubling allowed or are we continuing to wait for more peeps? owo

I think I'll let everyone claim a role to double with. First posted, first served. After seconds are claimed we can see about thirds.

Oh well in that case I'll just wait until people choose their seconds and I'll see what's left as I can't decide right now. xD

Oi I was wondering if I could throw in my lot for the wildling?

If that's ok then I'll have the cs up pretty soon... Might even have it up before you can get back to me >_<
Taine
The Wildling
APPEARANCE:​
Taine was marked as different from an early age, his scarring along with the mere fact of him being an orphan seemed to ostracize him from those who he might otherwise have befriended. His differences were only accentuated as he grew older, his hair grew out, proving to be as white as new fallen snow. His eyes seemed to change with the seasons, green as the deepest forests in spring, amber in fall, ice blue in winter, and blazing red in summer.​
He grew tall and wide, easily outstripping many of his peers and even those years his senior. Soon he was one of the largest men in the village. And, due much in part to his already brooding nature, one of the most intimidating. He often allows his hair to obscure his eyes so that people will not notice their odd changes... just as he hopes they will not notice the scar running down and across his left eye. Due to his many forays into the forests his clothes tend to be tattered and threadbare, though he does favor darker colors.​
Despite his lonesome nature and attempts to hide his appearance many of the village girls seem to enjoy his furtive glances, whispering amongst themselves about "The comely recluse."​

wren_tigarian_by_sayara_s-d5gr2bo.jpg

Credit to Sayara-S of deviant art
PERSONALITY:​
Taine was orphaned at birth, and raised by the cloth. He was taught duty, sacrifice, and perseverance from a young age. He was brought up to be a good and dutiful child... not that it really means he was.​
The unusual circumstances of his arrival in the village, as well as his unusual behavior and looks as he grew made him a pariah in the eyes of most villagers. He was known to vanish into the forests for days on end. He would play with the packs of wild dogs in the streets. He was even known to occasionally free the odd farm animal and let the beast roam free. They would say that the wilds were rooted deep within him... and somehow that always brought him a surge of pride.

It only brought increased distrust from the villagers though. Often the adults would treat him as a non entity, which made many of the children treat him the same... or worse. Over time he grew even more distant from the few people he knew, becoming more and more reclusive. Soon he had turned inward, becoming the quiet man he is today.

He finds solace in the forests and glades... in those places far away from other people. In fact he often seems to have an easier time with the beasts than with the supposedly civilized humans he has known.

In short he smiles rarely, laughs even less so. He talks when it suits him and no sooner, often preferring to listen. That is who he is.

History:
"Mother nature leaves her mark on all men, some more than others..."

Taine was found on the edges of the forest, just outside the grounds of the local church. He was discovered by one of the local nuns... who was horrified by what she found. A child abandoned to fate... and heavily injured by the creatures of the forest. Upon his young face were the marks of some beasts claws, the still bloody marks running from the top of his forehead, down across his left eye, and to the center of his cheek. The fact that Taine had survived the bleeding long enough to be found by anyone seemed a miracle. The nun prayed thanks and mercy from Mathias himself and brought the child back to the abbey.

Taine was taken in by the church and given a home, he grew up there, working to help in any way he could. From the beginning he knew that he was an orphan... that his parents had left him practically at the steps of a church to be rid of him... He was reminded often that he should be grateful to the priest and the nuns for giving him a chance at life. He was... he truly was... but such an existence can be a lonely thing. And loneliness was the one thing that would shape many of the actions throughout his short life.

Its what made him first wander into the village, where his odd hair and eyes garnered him mistrustful stares... muttered insults... and even taunting from other children. He was often beset upon for his differences, bullied until he ran home to the church to hide in his cold lifeless room. It is what first led him into the deep forests, where he first truly felt that he was not alone.

The sounds of the beasts... the sighing of the wind through the trees. The voice of the water as it slithered across the rocks. It all came together to make him feel... right. Whole. The forest from which he first came seemed to sing to him. To soothe him like nothing else.

As he grew up he spent more and more time there, ignoring, and being ignored, by the villagers more and more. Eventually he became like a ghost in their midst, coming and going as he pleased.

It wasn't until his coming of age that that situation changed. The church gave him a choice. Join the clergy and remain, or go out into the world and make something of himself. He opted to leave and was sent out with all his worldly belongings... meager as they might have been.

For a time he haunted the forests nearby, wondering what he might be able to do. He had no family. No money. Few skills... It took him some time but he did eventually stumble upon an answer... A man lost in the woods. He had tried to cross them by himself but had lost the trail and gotten lost... quite understandable with how little the trails were managed.

There lied his answer. None knew the forests like him. None knew the beasts like him. He guided the lost traveler safely through the woods... and made a career of it. For a price he could deliver one safely through the woods, skirting dangers that might otherwise have taken unwary travelers.

He has been doing this for several years now, and has slowly grown more accustomed to the forests and the creatures that live within.

SKILLS:
While Taine may have become rather good at reading the mood of the forest... it does not quite mean he has avoided all trouble. Over the years he has had to fight many bandits, and has become quite handy at protecting himself. Usually he uses an axe or hatchet in one hand and a knife in the other. His accuracy when throwing either is also rather impressive.​
ABILITIES:
Taine has an uncanny ability to read the mood of the forests... the meaning of the cries of individual beasts... as well as that of their silence. Most animals seem to like him and he can always find the easiest path through any wood... almost as though they open the way for him.
P.S. Sorry this sucks >_< I need sleep but couldn't until I wrote... something. (I have literally been typing with my eyes closed and while half asleep so typos and spelling errors are to be expected, sorry)​

Last edited:
Reactions: Rufiya
May I call dibs on the scholar then? If I can, I'll have the CS up tonight. ^^

Ahhh I love Taine. ^^ Very much accepted! :D

Scholar's reserved for you, Nabi. ^^

Okay I've finally decided for like a day, if it'd be fine I'd like to reserve Shaman. I'll work on the C.Sheet real soon.

Almost what do you think should be it's gender? Male or Female? ouo

I'll reserve the shaman for you. ^^ Since the Enchantress is female it would be nice if you took a male but I'm not going to be nitpicky about genders, for various reasons- the fact that they're technically all brothers and sisters included. XD

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Hmm. I did a recount and its like the ratio of males and females is 6:1 so far xD

I'll just make a girl to try and balance that out. Plus I think I'm better at RPing girls anyway. Hehe.

Haha, true. I was considering your other character rather than overall ratios. Not that either one particularly matters.

Oh yeah sorry I didn't mean to sound like I was disregarding your earlier statement. -w-

But anyways, I'm working on it right now~

I'm on my iPad right now and can't type a damn thing right on the first try, so please excuse any typos; the length will probably increase once I get back to my computer as well.

NAME: Seryn Lutyen​
ROLE: Scholar​
SEX: Male​
APPEARANCE:
Seryn has ink-black hair, cut short in a military-esque fashion. If grown out, it would be wavy, but as it is, his hair could just as easily be curly, and no observer could tell the difference. His eyes are light green, and he has pale skin, the relic of spending most of his childhood indoors. He is medium height and skinny, with essentially no muscle to speak of. He is usually dressed in black, and carries glasses; he ruined his sight through years of reading or working late into the night.​
PERSONALITY:
Seryn is quiet and withdrawn. He doesn't dislike speaking to people, and certainly has no trouble expressing himself when he needs to, but he did not have many friends his age as a child, and learned to be quiet, listening carefully rather than speaking. That said, the friends that he does make are valuable to him, and are usually people like himself, who love to read and learn. He values knowledge and skill over any other virtues, but is cold towards mages and swordsmen, as he himself has no skill in magic or the martial arts; he is also fairly arrogant about his own knowledge and abilities.​
HISTORY:
Seryn's father is a clockmaker, and his mother is a seamstress in the employ of a local merchant. While his father intended for his older brother to be educated abroad, and for Seryn to stay at home and take up the family business, things did not turn out quite as he expected. While Seryn showed an interest in taking apart clocks as a child, once he had build his own, he moved on to other topics. He spoke and read fluently before his first birthday, and after solving the issue of how to make a clock, he began to study other machines, then natural phenomena. Soon his father had to admit that clockmaking was not his younger son's destiny, and gave his son as many books as he could. With a spreading reputation for inventing useful gadgets and interesting junk, as well as being well-studied in history, law, and literature, Seryn managed to lodge himself in the lowest stratum of the upper class by his nineteenth birthday, with an engagement to the daughter of an impoverished nobleman.​
SKILLS:
Seryn has traveled regularly and speaks several dialects and languages. He is also very well-read, with a penchant for taking unattended machines apart, and can offer advice on most technical problems.​
ABILITIES:
Seryn has had an eidetic memory since childhood, and has a good head for mathematics and science as well.​

Status
Not open for further replies.