4. Adept
  5. Advanced
  6. Prestige
  7. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Romance , Heated , Modern , Historical , Fantasy , Fandom , Flexible to any kinds

Rebirth
Can good exist without evil? Can there be light without dark? An unceasing question.

• In all the stories and tales told, there has always been a common theme known to each. The struggles and wars well fought between the heroines and the villains. These individuals carried throughout historical records as the beings whom kept the balance. That the light must be balanced by the dark like that of the day and night. Ensuring that both remained and neither could be erased from the realm of the living. This was the way of those who rose to protect the meager or those whom sought absolute domain for whatever reason it was they chose. For now, it is time to delve into the tales of old so we may learn of the tale still unfolding.

The World of Vraetus is where our story begins. Nearly a thousand hundred years ago the lands held vast and limitless. Magic itself was abundant and bound to the fibers of all life within the realm and its people. These lands were divided into eight vast domains and each more different than the last. But, there were two who were held as the pinnacles of Vraetus and looked upon with fear and awe.

These two kingdoms were known as Crovia, The lands of the Blessed.

The other, Serin which was deemed the lands of the Forsaken.

Each of these kingdoms held immeasurable power over the others and were seen as the ones to be looked to. Crovia and the three kingdoms that followed it were the ones known for birthing the heroes and victors that protected the lands. Serin was notoriously known for being the birthplace individuals of corrupted and wicked means. Villainous and soulless individuals whom lived upon the pain and darkness that they spread across the lands. Crovia and Serin often found themselves at odds with one another. Whilst each wished to see the other put to an end. For light and dark in that time believed that no co-existence could ever be.

Each only wished to snuff out the existence of each other without thought.

Thanduin, King of Crovia believed that Serin had fallen into the depths of darkness. Lingering there out of pure delight to the power in which they gained through the endless abyss. The manner in which they embraced it sickened Thanduin as he couldn’t fathom what delights could be found in such. Alas, even with such thoughts and knowing. Thanduin still believed that Serin could be restored to the light, that it still held a chance to be saved.. Whilst these were his beliefs, Serin ultimately believed in quite the opposite when it came to the state of their nation and the surrounding kingdoms. Some odd years ago, Serin welcomed a new queen when the King’s late wife passed. This woman of unknown means had captivated the soul of King Eivor in a matter of days as was told. Rumor had circulated that she had bewitched their ruler as he became different on the fortnight of their wedding. Eivor gradually became the husk of a man he once was as if his life had been drained from him. All of this fell upon the singular woman whom had gained Serin completely within a week's time.

This woman bore the name of Absinthe, Sorceress of Mandu. The singular being whom Serin had been conquered by without shedding a single drop of blood.

Though Serin had long dwelled in darkness, Absinthe had completely drowned it and the three other kingdoms who had closely followed its lead. She reveled in the power that she fed from within the abyss and the dark powers it enabled her. When Absinthe found herself in complete control, there was not a soul whom did not find appeal in the dark embrace that she offered. With such, she raised forth an army unlike any seen before within Serin. One which bore the thirst for blood and the mutual belief that the light must be eradicated once and for all. Absinthe took delight in her creations and those who followed. Those who wished to see Crovia and all the light completely destroyed. To let sorrow, pain and despair be all that was left to them in the final moments. It goes without saying that Absinthe declared war upon Crovia and its followers and Crovia answered the call to defend the light.

The war itself raged as they sent forth their heroes and armies to grant them the victory that they truly desired. The bloodshed was immeasurable and the days countless as the forces collided repeatedly upon the battlefield. Camps held filled with the injured and dead as despair had reached the hearts of even the true. Crovia regained faith as Thanduin decidedly chose to lead forth his people in one final effort. The battle itself would become known throughout all history as the battle of the ages. The armies rallied and felt their morale raised to the sight of their king entering the battlefield. To each of his sides, he was flanked by the lines of heroes sent forth as the light glimmered over them, truly radiating hope to their people. Their screams and cheers echoed loudly upon the field as Thanduin raised forth his blade and charged forth upon the armies of Serin that laid ahead. Its own heroes readied as they were unleashed upon the singular command of Absinthe as she shifted her form, smoke pierced through the forces of Crovia. The sounds of battle raged forth as Crovia began to gain the upper hand as Thanduin rallied his armies forth even as their own fell.

Thanduin soon found himself within the clearing as he witnessed the dwindling Serinite forces. But, his battle was far from over as he gazed upon the castle in the distance where undoubtedly its Queen had chosen to retreat within. Absinthe could not see another play to be had within this game as her pieces had been imbued with the last of her true power. "The battle may be lost within this age. But, this shall not be my last.” She would utter in venomous anger to the shadow that lingered within the doors to the throne room. Blade wielded, Thanduin entered within as Absinthe would gaze upon him as flames fanned from the corners of her eyes. A slow smile curved to her lips as she’d outstretch her arms to her sides as her head became tossed back. Black flames rose around her as darkness consumed all light within the room. Her words thundered within as it ushered forth her final words to these lands.

An ultimate curse to shroud the future.

“ Hear me now, Thanduin, child of Crovia. I call upon the abyss… My Dark Lord. Let my curse be born from thine life. This battle will cease upon this day but it will not be the last. The children of both light and darkness shall be reborn once more upon this earth. Cursed and bound with the memories of their lives before. For death will not be our final rest.. A day will come in which all shall meet in war once more and I vow to snuff out the light.. I shall reign once more..” She hissed out with a sinister smile stained to her lips as thunder roared through the room. Only for her to gasp aloud as Thanduin’s blade pierced cleanly through her chest. Blood spilled from her lips as her menacing laughter befell as the life died from her eyes. Her final words all but left fear stirred within the heart of Thanduin.

“ Mark thine words.. For I cannot wait to deliver.. Death upon your people..”

Upon his blade, Absinthe left the realm of the living as the war found its temporary end. A permanent end for those who had been left in the dark. For Thanduin and those whom knew Absinthe’s curse held true were now left to prepare Vraetus for a battle that would define a future unknown to them.

• Our story begins in Crovia, the pinnacle of all kingdoms. One thousand years in the future, the kingdoms have modernized and made astounding advancements through the magic embedded within the lands. Serin itself has been warded in magically enhanced barriers that have left the city untouched by time itself. It alone was the sole city that was condemned to such a fate after the war per the decree of Thanduin.

The Rebirthed began to appear nearly sixty years ago as the souls began to awaken in their chosen forms. Long awaited they had been as the generations left behind established an institution for these individuals to tailor their skills once more. Though it was found odd that the heroes themselves didn’t begin to appear until less than twenty years ago. The Institution was founded to collect the Rebirth’s from both sides. Light and Dark users all brought into the fold to ensure that perhaps the tables could be turned to allow these individuals to seek the light.

Though to the Elder’s dismays and the current ruler of Crovia. Signs of the prophesied curse have begun to unravel and reveal themselves. Fear instilled within the souls of those whom knew and remained uncertain whether they truly were prepared for the battle their ancestors before them feared.

Signs that she had long returned to the realm of the living. All but preparing her forces within the shrouded darkness as she readied her pieces upon the board. Each pawn prepared to strike upon the command of their Queen.

It is now that those selected will advance forth to the stages of the choosing. The ceremony itself will draw forth the rebirth to the Ancient grounds of Seforiya. The sacred grounds in which it is said magic was born from. Ancient runes of unknown origin that hold the power to select the champions. The new heroes who will serve as the guardians in the battle to come.

Will those chosen be prepared for the mission that lies ahead? Can they protect Crovia and the nations from being consumed in the war that awaits them?

Will light or dark prevail or shall both fall?

Who will succumb? Who will rise and who shall fall?

• * To be added to as questions are asked for public information.*

• One: All Iwaku Rules Apply. Please keep in mind to respect me as the GM and I will grant you the same courtesy in return. Respect is given where it is earned is the motto I live by in my own life. I do have a strike system set down with all my roleplays and this one is not an exception. I judge each case fairly and will do what I believe is best with sustaining the roleplay

Two: Posting expectations are intermediate/adept, this does mean I expect multiple paragraphs and not one-liners. I do require at minimal, two posts a week to ensure that flow will be kept for the player base and gradual roleplay movement.

Three: Please make sure to read the lore! This will heavily play into your character’s past lives and who they were and the memories you create personally for them. I will answer all questions needed to ensure that nobody is left confused because that is the last thing I want! Feel free to pose ideas and concepts to me to ensure that you get to create an overall pleasant experience in this roleplay.

Four: Sexually explicit scenes are permitted within the roleplay. But, I also wish to express that this is not a sexually driven roleplay. It is merely a factor that binds into the story and the relations that you create and or have pre-existing. If you are to take part in sexual events/scenes then please keep it to spoiler tabs and don’t let it surpass more then two posts at max.

Five: Pre-established relationships are a must. This is for both past lives and for your current ones. Many of the characters will have been trained within the institution together at one point or will have shared childhoods or lives with another. Don’t shy away from even creating romantic or familia bonds as that could also make for the experience. Don’t be afraid to reach out to another and create relationships as it is heavily encouraged with a roleplay such as this.

Six: This roleplay will contain dark elements such as blood, gore and potentially but not unlikely even character death.

• Discord - TBA
    In-Character - TBA

Created by Jenamos | Inspired by MaryGold

Reactions: Dark_Psycho
Sounds cool, are player characters meant to be solely light side or can they be either?

How powerful are you planning to have characters be at the start of this? I'm assuming not so much since they are just going through the choosing ceremony, but figured I would ask anyway. Is magic inheritable from family members? Or is it something that you gain on the basis of knowledge accumulation? Is there a maximum amount of effectiveness that you can have with magic? Or is your mana pool and overall effectiveness affected by how much you study?

In case it was not obvious, I am interested

I am intrigued!

I am intrigued!
Oh it's been soooo long! I actually for all here I moved this RP to another site because I couldn't get any interest here... :(

Oh it's been soooo long! I actually for all here I moved this RP to another site because I couldn't get any interest here... :(

Ah I see. Well...I mean it is what it is I guess lol.

I am intrigued!

Would have helped if you had replied when people asked about the RP.
I've been not active on my accounts for several weeks now due to a personal loss.. So I really could not help that. I just had this posted on two sites at the time.