Status
Not open for further replies.
As she ran, the young ravenette could feel her heart beating faster, adrenaline pumping through every inch of her body. The situation was terrifyingly similar to that of which caused her original death, though it wasn't herself that she feared for. Yet again, all of the worry was generated by those around her - and she found herself grateful it was only Coco and Arya. They would be much easier to protect than a whole crowd of Munies. But with Arya out of commission, there was perhaps a slight amount more difficulty to it. So, naturally- especially with her extra concerns for the girl -Teresa was relieved when she felt Arya move slightly in her arms. Thank God she's alright.

And then the growl followed.

surprised_by_teh_zombish-d9mnedg.png

Even as she followed after Coco, Teresa tensed slightly and frowned, gritting her teeth. This wasn't good. Not one bit. Blue eyes briefly glanced to the girl in her arms, only to find... She was gone. Before Teresa could so much as utter a single curse, a sinister cackling resonated through the place, originating from the shadows. Internally, the female groaned, her expression hardening. Immediately, a thought occurred to her, and she reached into her pocket where she kept her pins, only to find...

...Damn it!

Grabbing for her Sexy D pin, Teresa glanced around in hopes of spotting the younger girl that continually proved herself to be a mere child. Whether Teresa related to her or not, Joshua had told her not to let the kid have her sword back until Teresa though she was ready, and the younger female was certainly proving that she wasn't. So, when the Reaper finally got eyes on the girl that was savagely slaying the unfortunate Noise, she wasted no time in using her pin in attempt to telekinetically yank the sword out of her hands.

Shooting Arya a glare as she did this, Teresa ushered Coco along, still in a hurry to get them all out of there safely. "I don't know what the hell's gotten into you, kid, but you better sober up!"

@Krieg @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Oh, a show-off, huh? Larkin could roll with that. Insecure people typically just seemed like bores, to him. Why be insecure when you could flaunt? ...Damn. I should make that a slogan! Oh, brother. Returning the grin, the male clasped his hands together behind his back, still seeming as calm and composed as he had before the Noise had butted in. "Oh, yeah? I'll keep that in mind, then," he responded, smoothly. "Though, might I ask what a 'Sweeper' is? I don't believe I've ever heard of such a thing," he queried, tilting his head at Saya.

After he'd kissed her hand, he carefully released it, his hands returning to their position behind his back. His grin silently faded into more of a smile than anything else, and he gave a curt nod. "Of course, Saya. Take your time," he hummed, pleasantly. Though, he felt a tad amused by how distraught she was about her Kimono... Failing to realize that he had done exactly the same. Just, not aloud. So it didn't count, not one bit! Ironically, now that Saya had pointed it out... She had a good point. Why whine and moan about his favorite jacket being ruined when he could just get a new one?

"..In fact, I think I'll do the same. No use wearing a ruined jacket, huh?" he mused. How clever of him - totally his idea, and not Saya's at all. Totallyyyy. "I'll meet you back here in just a moment." And, with that, Larkin set off to look for a jacket, himself - a clear confidence to his stride. But, as he browsed, he got to thinking again... Huh. Maybe I should just keep it? I'm sure someone around here can fix it.. Aw, Larkin wasn't ready to let go of his poor baby. How sweet. ...Besides, tears add character.

...At the same time, I ought to look like a gentleman...

Oh, boy.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Simply acting carefree as if she were taking a walk in the park, Saya hummed under her breath while they walked further into the store. The young reaper was surprised when this male went along with her idea and followed her, but she wasn't about to question this. It made things easier if he agreed with her rather than attempting to convince her that she should leave. Saya stopped her steady hum only when she heard Larkin question her as to what a sweeper was. She honestly wasn't surprised in the slightest.

"Golly, you must be another person who lives in a universe where sweepers aren't a thing. So weird. They're really quite popular where I live. I guess just because they're a thing where I live doesn't mean they're a thing all over the place. Huh..." Saya tapped her chin before finally answering his question. "A sweeper is just... a bounty hunter. It's as simple as that. Sweepers find scum on the streets and capture them. We turn these people in for big bucks," she told Larkin, shooting him a wink over her shoulder. "How else was I supposed to afford these kimonos that made me look so hot? Ha ha."

After answering Larkin, Saya began mumbling to herself. She wondered aloud where she might be able to find a good replacement kimono, or if she should simply make an attempt to fix this one. She would need some good quality thread, however, and a lot more time than she had right now. Saya still needed to get to Hachiko. She wasn't in a rush, but she knew the reaper higher ups would complain that she put herself in danger if she stayed in a zone containing too many noise for so long.

7rPwBWY.png

Saya's mumbling only stopped when she realized Larkin wanted to find some new clothes himself, a jacket. The young woman straightened up suddenly, and gently pounded a fist into her left hand as if she had just made a discovery. Bluntly, she told him exactly what was on her mind. "Oh, I get it. You're gay, aren't you? Cool, I understand everything now." Larkin totally wanted to change his jacket because he was gay, right? Gay men wanted to have nice, reasonable outfits like women! Innocent and unknowingly stereotyping, Saya grinned to herself. She was just so damn smart and perceptive! She should be, like, a detective or something.

@Hospes

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
The brief silence between them was actually surprisingly pleasant, though Larkin was paying more attention to his search for a new jacket than he was to Saya. At least, it seemed to be that way. The girl didn't seem too shabby to the Reaper, if she wasn't outright enjoyable. Granted, there was something about her that seemed a bit... Off, but considering Larkin was, well, Larkin? It didn't really matter to him. After all... Again, he was Larkin, but on top of that? He'd lived with one Ridley Duchannes, Reece Duchannes, and Ryan Duchannes for a long time. Odd was good, to him.

As Saya spoke up, the Reaper listened quietly with mild interest, making mental notes of her explanation. "Bounty hunters, huh? Jeez. Somebody sounds like they were a badass while they were alive," he remarked, almost playfully. "Of course, I'm sure that that didn't change when you died," the male added, casually. "Safe to say we come from pretty different worlds." Surely Saya wanted to see his world, right? After all, one could say that it was pretty damn.... Magical. Luckily for Saya, though, Larkin didn't voice that her kimonos were hot.

Eh. They could talk about that when their new home wasn't under attack, surely.

Blinking absently as Saya's fist collided with her palm, Larkin let his golden eyes drift to look at her, raising an eyebrow out of mild curiosity. Just as he opened his mouth to ask what was up, though, Saya beat him to it with her proclamation that he was gay. The male briefly examined Saya's features, looking as though trying to determine whether or not she was being serious, before he burst into laughter. It took him a minute or two before he managed to get the laughing under reigns, to which he finally managed a proper response. "S-sorry, sweetheart - I'm not gay," he chuckled lightly, giving an amused grin. "I'm definitely a ladies' man," he assured with a wink. The Reaper was about to go on, but seemed to cut himself off, a frown crossing his face. "Wait... You really can't tell? Do I look like I'm not, or something?" Oh, no. Larkin was totallyyyy going to panic if he was told he didn't look heterosexual.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty

aqgNnK3.jpg

Upon seeing Hurley take hold of his pins and begin to use his fire pin, the Composer smirked. "Do take care and don't burn yourself, m'kay? Oh, and don't get in my way..." Joshua then took a couple steps and began to fire white lasers at the group of noise. Any laser he fired instantaneously dissolved most of the noise, but Joshua purposely left a few for Hurley to fight. He was curious to see how the man would do. However, he still had one other concern on his mind and knew that he couldn't play around for long.

I need to get to Hachiko. Teresa and the others need me.

After a moment, Joshua began to step into the crowd of noise. "Hugo, when you're ready follow me. We need to make our way to the statue of Hachiko."

@Thuro The Assassin Potato

Hurley wasn't what you'd call a bad guy by any rate. Friendly, outgoing, and nice to other people. Basically a big teddy bear. But, even the kindest bears have claws. When Misaka had killed him, he'd seen a worse part of humanity's face. You could say a little bit of it had even lodged in his mind. A social meme if you will, the DNA of the soul. Misaka's darkness had lodged in him, and that was what had allowed him to survive as a Noise, though his dual nature had tormented him for so long.

It was hard, being caught between two roiling sets of emotions, but in the end Hurley had won. He was a good guy, and nothing could change that.

098.png

Though the stain still remained. The stain could be seen as a strange brightness in his eyes as he thrust his hands out towards the Noise that Joshua had left, coiling flame licking out from his fingers and destroying the wild animals in a white hot blaze. It was an inferno, second only to another inferno, the one inside Hurley.

jg7.png

When it was finished, Hurley looked away, shielding the view of what he'd just done with a single meaty hand. Though Joshua may or may not notice it, his eyes were a little voice, and the normally chipper and talkative man had nothing to say. When he finally did say something, the words that came out were throaty and raw.

"Let's go."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Nice Execution!
bc23b83a19.jpg

"Good," Teresa replied as Coco crouched behind her in attempt to cover herself. She was less than keen on the idea of the child- or anyone else -being hurt through this, so it was definitely in her best interest to make sure Coco stayed back and well out of the way. Even doing that, though, wouldn't keep her completely safe... Which was likely why Teresa kept glancing back at the girl on occasion, as though trying to make sure she was out of harm's way. However, the fact that her pins wouldn't work on Little Guy did cause a little more of the Reaper's attention to be drawn elsewhere. "Dammit..." she muttered under her breath.

The day just kept on getting better and shuckin' better, didn't it?

Shaking her head, the ravenette tried desperately to keep her calm, releasing a deep breath through her nostrils. "Alright, alright... Yeah, I bet Joshua will know how to help," she commented to herself, and then in response to Coco. After this, she gave Little Guy a tender look, and a sad smile. "We'll get you help soon, buddy. I promise," she stated, softly, before clambering back to her feet... And immediately going back down in an attempt to cover Coco and Little Guy from the falling rubble. Shit. Shitshitshitshitshit.... Gah. "...Yeah, you're right. We need to get out of here..." the female muttered, wasting no time in going to scoop up Arya

After having retrieved Arya from the rubble and gathered her up in her arms, Teresa nodded to Coco, gritting her teeth as the Noise started stampeding. Shaking her head and letting out a few more curses, the Reaper hurried right after, wasting no time with trying to make idle talk.

tumblr_mzx0h91FvM1qgl64no3_250.gif

I have walked among angels and demons for what feels like three-thousand years.

I have acted horrid atrocities against God and man.

I have seen darkness over the light, strife over peace.

Yet the light is unending as it burns my wings.

I am lost in time.

~**~**~**~

The weight of the rubble crashed against her, jotting any memories she had and any sort of interactions she thought she had. Even in her blind state, she could feel herself slip away, her wings and fingers curling up, a soft gasp of air escaping her lips. A sense of numbness coursed through her body, the young Reaper feeling pain shortly follow. Yet, pain that was not just physical, but pain that resonated in her soul. With eyes white as snow, she gazed up underneath the pile of twisted rubble, seeing a formless, black shape in her vision.

"Child," the voice mentally cooed, sounding like the echoes of the Archdemon and some eldritch, cosmic horror. The voices clung and crawled at her, whispering fiendish chants revering ancient, dead gods. As she laid in the arms of Teresa, the She-Wolf began to move ever so slightly, a lowly growl escaping the Northerner's lips. "Wake up...wake up, y'ai 'ng'ngah, H'EE--L'GEB F'AI THRODOG UAAAH!! UAAAH!!!"

tumblr_lt4sb3YRFg1qbl2nuo1_250.gif

By the time Teresa or Coco would look down upon Arya, not a trace of here seemed to exist. As the impending horde of noise approached, savages bounded to no set of morals or codes, fabrics of shadows crawled alongside the narrow corridors of this ruined establishment. Something wicked cackled, only a trace of Arya underneath the veil of shadows, beginning to course through the Noise, sending them promptly back from the incessant charge with powers unspeakable yet mentally hinging.

When the dust settled, Arya arose, her wings expanding and her head lowered. There, the wings of black and white stood, yet one her right, white wing, shades of black could been seen spluttered along the roots. More frightening, the same tattoos and skin engravings that Arya held during her days of servanthood to the Archdemon appeared once more, expanding to cover the back of the She-Wolf's neck. Turning around to face the two girls, Arya grinned, activating her Stark pin, summoning Needle in her left hand.

"Mmm...there is one solution to this, a'ye." Arya spoke, her voice sinister, eyes of white narrowing at the two. Clenching the hilt of her Braavosi rapier, the girl tilted her head ever so lightly, an absence of light seeming to be literal in her form. "A solution I plan on acting on, a'ye, blood n' iron." she sultry hissed, turning swiftly around, feeling herself enjoy the damning powers of corruption and descending back into her own abyss.

Walking away from the two, the Northerner raised Needle above her head, looking more like a fallen angel than a respected guardian of death- a Reaper.

@Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
As she ran, the young ravenette could feel her heart beating faster, adrenaline pumping through every inch of her body. The situation was terrifyingly similar to that of which caused her original death, though it wasn't herself that she feared for. Yet again, all of the worry was generated by those around her - and she found herself grateful it was only Coco and Arya. They would be much easier to protect than a whole crowd of Munies. But with Arya out of commission, there was perhaps a slight amount more difficulty to it. So, naturally- especially with her extra concerns for the girl -Teresa was relieved when she felt Arya move slightly in her arms. Thank God she's alright.

And then the growl followed.

surprised_by_teh_zombish-d9mnedg.png

Even as she followed after Coco, Teresa tensed slightly and frowned, gritting her teeth. This wasn't good. Not one bit. Blue eyes briefly glanced to the girl in her arms, only to find... She was gone. Before Teresa could so much as utter a single curse, a sinister cackling resonated through the place, originating from the shadows. Internally, the female groaned, her expression hardening. Immediately, a thought occurred to her, and she reached into her pocket where she kept her pins, only to find...

...Damn it!

Grabbing for her Sexy D pin, Teresa glanced around in hopes of spotting the younger girl that continually proved herself to be a mere child. Whether Teresa related to her or not, Joshua had told her not to let the kid have her sword back until Teresa though she was ready, and the younger female was certainly proving that she wasn't. So, when the Reaper finally got eyes on the girl that was savagely slaying the unfortunate Noise, she wasted no time in using her pin in attempt to telekinetically yank the sword out of her hands.

Shooting Arya a glare as she did this, Teresa ushered Coco along, still in a hurry to get them all out of there safely. "I don't know what the hell's gotten into you, kid, but you better sober up!"

Coco scrambled forward in a hurry after speaking with Teresa, her short arms seeming to dangle behind her as she ran. She had her sights set on the Composer's room, and likely would've arrived first had she not realized the presence of her reaper companions was no more. Skidding to a stop, Coco at last glanced over her shoulder to see that Teresa and Arya had halted for a moment.

LOBhDTY.png

"Like, what the heck are they doing!" the young blonde thought to herself, a frown covering her face. "You guys! You need to, like, hurry up right this minute! That stampede isn't going to stop for you!"

It was only after calling out to them that Coco noticed the shadows that kept around the noise. A shiver ran up her spine and she took a step back, unsure what was going on--with no idea that Arya was the cause of it. She stayed back and waited, helplessly, as she hoped the two would make their way closer.

Meanwhile, Sanae Hanekoma had actually arrived at the Shibuya river and had made his way towards the sleeping wing. It was there he witnessed the same hoard of noise that was charging in Teresa, Arya, and Coco's direction--only from behind. With one hand, he pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. "The noise invasion really could've waited until after I finished my cup of coffee this morning," he grumbled to himself before calling out to the others.

"Yo, kids! Are you okay? Hang in there, I'm comin' towards ya!"

The group would be able to hear Mr. H's voice just barely above the thundering sound of the stampede, and would be able to see the tips of his big, white wings sticking up just behind the heard.

tumblr_ma08k0zqZ31r230nyo1_400.gif

"Yay! The Producer is here! About time!" Coco chirped, biting her lower lip. "I just hope he can hurry up and get us out of here." The young reaper rocked back on her heels, waiting to see what would happen next.

@Hospes @Krieg

• Love

Hurley wasn't what you'd call a bad guy by any rate. Friendly, outgoing, and nice to other people. Basically a big teddy bear. But, even the kindest bears have claws. When Misaka had killed him, he'd seen a worse part of humanity's face. You could say a little bit of it had even lodged in his mind. A social meme if you will, the DNA of the soul. Misaka's darkness had lodged in him, and that was what had allowed him to survive as a Noise, though his dual nature had tormented him for so long.

It was hard, being caught between two roiling sets of emotions, but in the end Hurley had won. He was a good guy, and nothing could change that.

098.png

Though the stain still remained. The stain could be seen as a strange brightness in his eyes as he thrust his hands out towards the Noise that Joshua had left, coiling flame licking out from his fingers and destroying the wild animals in a white hot blaze. It was an inferno, second only to another inferno, the one inside Hurley.

jg7.png

When it was finished, Hurley looked away, shielding the view of what he'd just done with a single meaty hand. Though Joshua may or may not notice it, his eyes were a little voice, and the normally chipper and talkative man had nothing to say. When he finally did say something, the words that came out were throaty and raw.

"Let's go."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

V5KLjKz.png

Although distracted by the crowd of noise he had just entered into, the Composer still took notice of Hurley's attacks as they made their way along. "You're a natural," Joshua complimented with a small smile, thrusting his hand forward to shoot another white laser from it. The laser penetrated a row of noise, destroying enough of them to create a path they could walk through. "You're out of practice using your pins and you still use them well. That's a good thing." Joshua's eye twinkled at his own words. As usual, he had made a good decision. Hurley was a worthwhile individual to keep around after all.

V6cYG46.png

Glancing between the sky and the ground after a moment, Joshua added, "The sky is far less crowded than the ground; we could get there faster by flying." Joshua turned his gaze on Hurley, his eyes shining like crystals while in his glowing composer form. "If I gave you wings, would you be willing to try that?" If not, well, Joshua wasn't going to carry the guy. They would just have to make their way on foot. It would be slower, but do-able.

Not to mention, Joshua liked the idea of giving Hurley a pair of Reaper wings. If Hurley agreed, but protested having them later, Joshua knew it would be much easier to make the man keep them if he had already agreed to have them in the first place.

@Thuro 116 Pendragon

The brief silence between them was actually surprisingly pleasant, though Larkin was paying more attention to his search for a new jacket than he was to Saya. At least, it seemed to be that way. The girl didn't seem too shabby to the Reaper, if she wasn't outright enjoyable. Granted, there was something about her that seemed a bit... Off, but considering Larkin was, well, Larkin? It didn't really matter to him. After all... Again, he was Larkin, but on top of that? He'd lived with one Ridley Duchannes, Reece Duchannes, and Ryan Duchannes for a long time. Odd was good, to him.

As Saya spoke up, the Reaper listened quietly with mild interest, making mental notes of her explanation. "Bounty hunters, huh? Jeez. Somebody sounds like they were a badass while they were alive," he remarked, almost playfully. "Of course, I'm sure that that didn't change when you died," the male added, casually. "Safe to say we come from pretty different worlds." Surely Saya wanted to see his world, right? After all, one could say that it was pretty damn.... Magical. Luckily for Saya, though, Larkin didn't voice that her kimonos were hot.

Eh. They could talk about that when their new home wasn't under attack, surely.

Blinking absently as Saya's fist collided with her palm, Larkin let his golden eyes drift to look at her, raising an eyebrow out of mild curiosity. Just as he opened his mouth to ask what was up, though, Saya beat him to it with her proclamation that he was gay. The male briefly examined Saya's features, looking as though trying to determine whether or not she was being serious, before he burst into laughter. It took him a minute or two before he managed to get the laughing under reigns, to which he finally managed a proper response. "S-sorry, sweetheart - I'm not gay," he chuckled lightly, giving an amused grin. "I'm definitely a ladies' man," he assured with a wink. The Reaper was about to go on, but seemed to cut himself off, a frown crossing his face. "Wait... You really can't tell? Do I look like I'm not, or something?" Oh, no. Larkin was totallyyyy going to panic if he was told he didn't look heterosexual.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

After checking out the store for a short while, Saya eventually happened upon the dresses. She frowned when she realized their supply of kimonos was a bit limited, however, she eventually spotted one that she liked enough and made due. She looped the dress over one of her arms and looked around for a dressing room while replying to Larkin. "Oh heck yeah, I was and am among the baddest of badasses!" she exclaimed with a grin, pumping her fist confidently. "You're right though, it seems like we are from pretty different worlds, huh? What kind of world did you come from?" she asked, continuing to peruse the store.

It took a couple minutes before she spotted a dressing room, and just as she was about to make her way over there Larkin suddenly burst out laughing at her. Saya puffed her cheeks out like a chipmunk, annoyed by him.

hHtTRU6.png

"Hmph, it's rude to laugh at a girl like that, you know. So you say you're not gay, huh? But do you look gay? Umm..."

The ex-sweeper paused for a moment, thinking over most of what she knew about him so far. He had kissed her hand after they were introduced, so maybe he was telling the truth; maybe he wasn't gay. Or maybe...

gPjywnn.png

"You come off more as bisexual to me. Yep. Definitely bisexual now that I think about it."

He cared about his outfit, but he still kissed her hand. There was no doubt about it: he swung both ways in Saya's mind. Of course, her reasoning was by no means any proof of Larkin's true sexuality. It was just an uneducated guess.

Poor Larkin. Anymore comments like this and he could possibly kiss his man card goodbi.

@Hospes

• Love
V5KLjKz.png

Although distracted by the crowd of noise he had just entered into, the Composer still took notice of Hurley's attacks as they made their way along. "You're a natural," Joshua complimented with a small smile, thrusting his hand forward to shoot another white laser from it. The laser penetrated a row of noise, destroying enough of them to create a path they could walk through. "You're out of practice using your pins and you still use them well. That's a good thing." Joshua's eye twinkled at his own words. As usual, he had made a good decision. Hurley was a worthwhile individual to keep around after all.

V6cYG46.png

Glancing between the sky and the ground after a moment, Joshua added, "The sky is far less crowded than the ground; we could get there faster by flying." Joshua turned his gaze on Hurley, his eyes shining like crystals while in his glowing composer form. "If I gave you wings, would you be willing to try that?" If not, well, Joshua wasn't going to carry the guy. They would just have to make their way on foot. It would be slower, but do-able.

Not to mention, Joshua liked the idea of giving Hurley a pair of Reaper wings. If Hurley agreed, but protested having them later, Joshua knew it would be much easier to make the man keep them if he had already agreed to have them in the first place.

@Thuro 116 Pendragon

Hurley stayed face away from the man child the whole time, drying the tears from his eyes while trying not to be obvious about it. He wasn't sure about this kid that was beside him. Before Mikasa had burned him, John White had said a bunch of nasty things about him, wanting the people there to assassinate him. Hurley had pointedly refused, but still. He wasn't very comfortable about him. Especially since he kept shooting death star lasers out of the air around him.

When he complimented him about the pins, he shrugged. Hurley just felt in tune with them. The fire pin was a little cumbersome, and the Sexy D pin he swore he'd never use again after the giant octupus incident, but man. When he used the healing pin, it just felt like he'd been born using it. It was so easy... it was like that book from the plane wreckage. He was almost a Thaumaturge. Just like that sweet little girl. What was her name? Hurley let himself get lost in trying to remember, before he almost ran into Joshua.

jg9.png

If that hadn't been enough to shock him out of his thoughts, then what he said next was. Hurley wasn't built for flying. Looking down he said, "Uh, dude." He placed a hand on his stomach. Pointedly.

Plus, there was the fact that he tended to crash planes out of the sky by riding on them.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
As much as Teresa hated to continue on with Arya like this, she knew very well that they needed to move if they didn't want to be crushed. Giving a talk for Arya's little turn for the worse would have to wait a little longer.... But that didn't stop Teresa from ushering the younger female along after Coco hurriedly, whether the girl liked it or not. There was no time for games. "We're coming," the Conductor called to Coco, truthfully. Soon enough, she- and hopefully Arya, assuming that the girl didn't somehow turn into a damn shadow or some klunk -had joined Coco, where Teresa would hopefully be able to revert Arya's pin and stow it away. Assuming that she could get it back in the first place.

Before she had the chance to do much else, the Reaper heard the newly familiar voice of none other than the Producer - and relief crashed into her. At least she had backup if Arya tried to go rogue on her. But that wasn't something to think about just yet. Yeah, you know - just trying to keep from getting crushed under rubble or being torn apart by Noise. Other than that, fine, she mused to herself, shaking her head. "Yeah, you're right, kid. The sooner we're out, the better." Then maybe we can help Joshua... He doesn't seem to be here, for sure. Hopefully he's at least safe where he is...

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg

Huh. This girl was pretty amusing, especially with how confident and energetic she was. Or maybe that wasn't the right word. A better choice could be... Jeez, nope, nothing else really fit. Oh, well. Regardless, Larkin let a grin grace his lips, giving an amused nod in response whilst he folded his arms behind his head casually. "Sure are. Guess that makes you a pretty bad girl," he mused, his hands falling to his sides after a pause. Wait, was he calling her pretty and a bad girl, or just a pretty bad girl? Was he flirting? Was he not? Who knew?

"...My world?" he repeated, almost seeming bored, the slightest frown forming on his face. Sure, it was a whole lot more fun being Dark than Light, but that didn't mean that he didn't have a slight wish that he could have ended on better terms with his family. But, oh, well. The past was the past. "It was pretty bland. Very boring. At least, unless you were a talented Illusionist that knew how to have a good time," he remarked, his grin quickly returning. As Saya wandered off to change, though, the male finally managed to find a jacket that he liked... Only to decide that he'd instead keep his and get it mended later. Totally not because Saya had called him gay for wanting a new one.

Upon the female's return, Larkin only grinned widely, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Sorry. It's just hilarious that you thought I was gay," he explained. However, Saya's next words hit Larkin like a bullet, nearly causing him to do something a littleeee like this.

[spoili]
tumblr_myylzmuiY41rw3pzao2_250.gif

/shot
[/spoili]

Luckily, Larkin had more class than that, and maintained almost total composure. Aside from his heart shattering into pieces at the comment. Totally. Yeah. That really happened, or something. "...Sorry- not bi, either. I told you - I'm a ladies' man," he assured, as though trying to defend his remaining few ounces of pride. How could anyone mistake someone as charming and handsome as him for being anything but straight? Surely this girl wasn't that smart, if she thought that!

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Love

Hurley stayed face away from the man child the whole time, drying the tears from his eyes while trying not to be obvious about it. He wasn't sure about this kid that was beside him. Before Mikasa had burned him, John White had said a bunch of nasty things about him, wanting the people there to assassinate him. Hurley had pointedly refused, but still. He wasn't very comfortable about him. Especially since he kept shooting death star lasers out of the air around him.

When he complimented him about the pins, he shrugged. Hurley just felt in tune with them. The fire pin was a little cumbersome, and the Sexy D pin he swore he'd never use again after the giant octupus incident, but man. When he used the healing pin, it just felt like he'd been born using it. It was so easy... it was like that book from the plane wreckage. He was almost a Thaumaturge. Just like that sweet little girl. What was her name? Hurley let himself get lost in trying to remember, before he almost ran into Joshua.

jg9.png

If that hadn't been enough to shock him out of his thoughts, then what he said next was. Hurley wasn't built for flying. Looking down he said, "Uh, dude." He placed a hand on his stomach. Pointedly.

Plus, there was the fact that he tended to crash planes out of the sky by riding on them.​

It was clear to Joshua, after Hurley just about crashed into him, that the man wasn't paying a lot of attention to his surroundings. In the Composer's opinion, that just made Hurley even more impressive. After all, his attacks were hitting his enemies. He was either very good at multitasking, or had just gotten lucky. But, wait, wasn't Hugo supposed to be unlucky? Joshua couldn't quite remember. It had been a long time since he had reviewed information on his past.

DY2swsN.jpg

When Hurley placed a hand on his stomach and gave Joshua the look, he chuckled. "Have you forgotten who I am? Surely I have the power to summon up a pair of wings that could carry even you around." With a snap of his fingers, Josh did indeed make a pair of wings appear on Hugo's back. However, the reaper wings he spawned were anything but the correct size for the man. They were far too small; Joshua had made them that way on purpose.

heimlichbutterfly.png

"Okay, you have wings now. Try to fly," the Composer told him, wearing a completely straight face. But, on the inside, Joshua was deeply amused. Even though they were surrounded by enemies, Josh could still find a split second to be an asshole. Sure, they were in danger, but irritating people always came first if he could allow for it.

@Thuro 116 Pendragon

tumblr_mjkx50H11W1rfbu4fo1_400.png

It mattered naught.

Noise, friend, foe, ally, enemy, all if blurred underneath those scarred eyes of the once hubris-filled Arya Stark, forever cursed to be blind, having stared into some unknown, eldritch horror. Fury pumped into the She-Wolf's veins, flailing about with Needle so gracefully and elegantly, Syrio's teachings of Braavosi water-dancing still replaying in her head. Even in the darkness of blindness, Arya could see it all with her imagination, flowing through the intangible Noise, stabbing, thrusting, and parrying her way along. The fantasy of retribution, however, was short-lived, feeling the sword suddenly pulled away from her left hand.

Needle, her brother's sword, her family's sword.

A fierce growl escaped the outcast's lips.

"Give...that...back."

Shadows danced around the former minion of the Arch Demon, remnants of a power still surging through her veins, dark, foul, vile inventions of that accursed spirit. But yet, as she rushed forwards to Teresa, the tribal tattoos of the Occult etched into her Northerner skin, all of this unnatural power suddenly ceased to exist. Tumbling onto the ground, Arya gasped and choked, having went from a swift, ghastly enigma to her normal blind, Reaper self. Panting and wheezing, the highness slowly arose to her shaky feet, her black-and-white wings clinging to her stout form.

"G-Go, I am fine. I am fine. I am fine...Go, I...I have it under control now, a'ye, trust me. Trust me." Arya repeated over and over, both to use a primitive sense of echolocation to scan the environment around her and to also falsely reassure herself. In that frightening moment, a revelation dawned, not only for Arya, but for the others in the room. Even with the powers of that foul demon coursed in her veins, they were but fragments of a now dead age. Her titles, her royalty, her name, her desires- all gone, spurred away in this righteous duty of eternity, the She-Wolf's eventual name fading into the records of history. Nobody would remember her name, and given time, nobody would even remember her former lord, the Archdemon.

They would be forgotten, and silently, Arya feared that, feared to be forever damned to be lost, not in sight...but in mind.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Hospes

"Okay, you have wings now. Try to fly," the Composer told him, wearing a completely straight face. But, on the inside, Joshua was deeply amused. Even though they were surrounded by enemies, Josh could still find a split second to be an asshole. Sure, they were in danger, but irritating people always came first if he could allow for it.

Now, Hurley wasn't a Angel, and he was barely a Reaper. But he did know people. He knew when Sawyer was in a mood to make other people's lives miserable, or when he was being an ass and thought it was funny. Usually Hurley just said something along like the lines of, not cool dude, or just plain up ignored him. But this time, he was getting even. Or at least standing up for himself. Call it a part animal instincts, call it a part of the darkness that Mikasa had put into him, or maybe just call it several years of pent of frustration. Either way, he jammed his hand in his pocket and curled his hand around Sexy D. Now, as far as he knew, none of the people that had been in the game had been able to use it to levitate, and he was even more out of practice, having gained an extreme reluctance to use it after an incident involving a giant calamari tentacle and nearly drowning.

He hoped Ash was okay.

Fingers curled around the pin, he concentrated on a single thought, don't be heavy, then he flapped his new wings for all they were worth.

It wasn't easy, but it was worth it. Hurley could fly, and he wasn't going to crash any planes.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

After hitting Larkin with her final thought on the sexuality matter, that he was bisexual, she turned from him with a smile on her face and entered the dressing room she had discovered. It didn't take the young woman a terribly long time to change, but she still took her time. Saya needed to make sure her outfit was adjusted just perfectly on her body before emerging. She fixed her outfit and glanced into a mirror, giving her reflection a thumbs up once she was sure her appearance was ready. Afterwards, she exited the dressing room--ready to reply to Larkin's compliment calling her a pretty bad girl.

MO4OJ8r.png

"If you're saying I'm bad in agreement to my comment of calling myself a badass, then yes! You'd be correct," Saya chirped. "But if you're just saying that I'm bad, you'd be wrong. Sweepers are good guys. When I was alive, I was one of the good guys." Saya paused for a moment, remembering how her friend Train used to be a bad guy but had changed for the better. "I sure hope he's staying on the right path... No! I know he is!"

Saya tilted her head, feeling a little surprised Larkin called his world a boring one. "That's a silly thing to say," she told him. "Nobody's world is boring! Boredom is a pattern not a reality, you know? Life only gets boring if you're stuck in a rut, not growing or expanding to discover what truly lights up your life... At least, that's the way I feel!" Saya smiled and shrugged her shoulders. "But wait, what's an Illusionist, exactly? Do you mean... a magician!? Whoa! Totally cool! Magic is the best!"

6pC7lgm.png

Upon hearing Larkin find it hilarious she considered him gay, Saya frowned and folded her arms. "Why would you say that? Do you have something against gay people? I hope not. That just wouldn't be right," she said, narrowing her eyes suspiciously. "I'm on to you..."

"You're a ladies man, huh? I guess time will tell, won't it?" Saya teased, offering Larkin a wink. "Don't worry, clearly you're sensitive about your sexuality. I respect that. I'll stop picking on you," she added with a laugh before wandering a ways away from him. "Anyhow, we should probably get going soon. I can't find a clerk to purchase this kimono, so I guess I'll just leave some yen here for them to pay for it." Saya opened a small pocket in her old kimono and pulled out a purse before emptying some of its contents onto the counter. "Rats, I only have enough for the kimono. I would've killed to have a small bottle of milk for the road." Saya sighed. "Oh well, next time."

@Hospes

----

Biting his lower lip and adjusting his sunglasses, Mr. H cursed under his breath. "Ugh, this just doesn't get to be easy, does it?" The Producer watched from behind the stampede, contemplating his next move. It wasn't difficult for a man of power such as himself to annihilate the threat before him with a powerful attack, but he knew in doing so there was a chance he could hurt the three girls up ahead. And all three of them, especially Teresa, were of great value to Joshua and the reapers. It was a risk he just couldn't take. Although, there was still the chance if he did nothing the girls would be crushed, so he didn't have any time to waste. He had to do something.

"Hang on, kiddos, I'll come through with something for ya," Sanae called out, fluttering his great white wings anxiously. The only question was, what exactly could he do? The only thing he could think to do was to charge over the stampede and jump in front of the girls to protect them. It was a dangerous move for himself, but at least the girls would be safe. With a flap of his mighty wings, Sanae rose into the air and whizzed over the stampede. Although they moved fast, he moved much faster. He even had time (barely) to swoop down and pick up Arya--who had been lagging a bit behind.

As Arya was in his arms, however, the Producer felt a strange sensation emanate from her. Although he couldn't explain what it was, the strange sensation effected him somehow--sapping his strength. Although the she-wolf had returned to her normal state, traces of that strange energy from before weakened him before it entirely vanished. Mr. H couldn't explain the sensation, and he didn't have time to bother figuring it out either.

Sanae landed near Teresa and Coco, placing Arya next to them. He panted heavily, adjusting his glasses again. "Jeez, whatever just happened really sapped my strength. I was hoping to just teleport us outta here, but all I can do for now is fight. This is gonna take a lot out of me..."

"Stand behind me, kiddos, I'll stop this," the Producer told them, preparing an attack regardless of his weakened state. After all, it wasn't as if he had any choice but to attack, right? He was the strongest of the three (for the moment), after all.

Cupping his hands together, Sanae charged up a collection of energy. He felt beads of sweat form on his forehead as he charged his power, and began to feel the ground beneath his feet rumble as the heard of noise grew closer and closer. Once they were less than a few feet away, Mr. H unleashed his energy--letting out a cry as he did.

attachment.php

The blast tore through the heard of noise, dissolving them to bits as it came in contact with them. The attack was so massive it nearly filled the hallways straight ahead of them, cracking the walls as it passed. The attack completely demolished the heard, flickering after a moment before it faded.

The instant his attack ended, Sanae fell to one knee breathing heavily. "D-Don't understand why I'm so weak right now. A-At least the threat is gone."

Hoping not to alarm the girls, the Producer turned his head back to look at them and offered them a smile. "Threat's gone. Le's get outta here, o-okay? I'm sure boss man is waiting for us a-at... Ha...chi...ko..."

Thud.

Sanae toppled over onto his side, too exhausted to sit up.

as96yuQ.jpg

"Oh no!" Coco suddenly gasped, not assessing the situation well enough. "We killed him!"

@Krieg @Hospes

----

Joshua waited to see what Hugo would do after he granted him the wings. Would he reply to Josh with a smart-aleck comment? Would he roll his eyes? Would he get mad? The Composer found it far more amusing that Hurley did none of those things, but instead took it upon himself to use these wings while attempting to levitate with the support of his Sexy D pin. Upon seeing this sight before him...

WKWbsgr.png

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What is that!? What even freaking is that!? How is that even working! HA HA HA HA HA! I can't-- I just can't even believe it! HAH!"

...Joshua busted a gut laughing. The rude little Composer nearly forgot all about the danger around them, amusing himself with the sight of Hurley flying along. But, thankfully, this jackass wouldn't be the one to get the last laugh!

8n5aVMt.png

While he left himself wide open, the noise took advantage of him! Owning Joshua at his own game of trolling, they attacked Joshua's ass from behind and knocked dat all powerful angel down to the ground.

0HTmbPt.jpg

"..............."

Grumbling, Joshua quickly jumped back to his feet and blasted the noise who had tried to mess with him.

Pa28Ffw.png

"Ehem, okay, I'm done."

Joshua spread his own wings and took off after Hurley, arriving with him to Hachiko. He landed beside the statue, stumbling when he felt a rumble in the distance. "Eh, that came from... the Shibuya River."

"Shit, Teresa! I hope everything is okay over there..."

@Thuro 116 Pendragon

tumblr_inline_o2cfn7TQnD1tinteq_500.gif

It wasn't difficult for Teresa to tell how badly she'd pissed off their little new recruit. Rightfully so, likely, with how the girl seemed to treasure this sword of hers. Admittedly, the Conductor actually felt bad for the younger girl - but something was clearly wrong with the girl. Something sinister and dark that reminded Teresa of none other than...

There was no time to think. Arya had made a move on her, leading to Teresa reluctantly putting herself on the defensive, ready to put up a fight if Arya carried through on her charge. Luckily- or, unluckily, depending on how you looked at it -, the teen fell through, seeming to stumble in her movements as though abruptly drained by some invisible force. The girl fell to the ground, leading to Teresa hurriedly converting the sword to a pin and stowing it away. Before she had the chance to tend to Arya, however, it was voiced that they had a rescuer. A rescuer that quickly swooped forward, lifting Arya into his arms and joining Teresa at the front of the lines. She gave a small nod, a silent symbol of thanks from the warrior, making sure to keep herself between Coco and Sanae since he was obviously prepping an attack.

"You heard him. Stay back, kid," Teresa murmured to Coco, reaching out an arm and taking a step back, gently pulling the 'younger' girl with her. As she did so, the Reaper couldn't help but note - something seemed a little off about Sanae as well as he prepared his beam of light. He seemed to have a shakiness about him, as though it took everything in him to build up that beam of light and power that he quickly unleashed, dispelling the noise around them. It was a wonderful display... But surely he wasn't so shaky due to old age, right? After all, Reapers didn't exactly seem to grow old.

"...Take it easy. Both you and Arya," Teresa practically scolded, her forehead creased with worry. She could've been a lot worse for wear after everything, so it looked like she would be stuck trying to keep their little group together. "Coco? Stick near me and make sure to give Arya your shoulder if she needs it, alright?" the female asked, glancing to the child. Sanae clearly wasn't in any shape to be walking or flying, and as nice as it would've been, Teresa couldn't carry two people in her arms. "Unless you want to hop on my back, Arya."

She knew the answer to that.

With a heavy exhale, the ravenette then cast her blue eyes down to look at Sanae briefly before she slowly bent down. "And you... You aren't in any condition to be walking or flapping those wings," she muttered, offering a weak grin as she abruptly went to hoist the man up. He was admittedly heavier than he seemed, but she'd manage. "We need to go. Now."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg

tumblr_nizfh29WXy1r373ebo3_250.gif

Stubbornness and resilience was a trait desired among the Stark lineage, whom had ruled the icy North for thousands of years uncontested. Even sworn in as a Reaper, hubris was not something that faded overnight, and Arya clung to the possessions of her mortal life. Needle was all that she had left truthfully, a fragment of home, of her family, of everything she once stood for. As the Coalition swarmed around her, as the bullets and blades dug into her, as the final gasps of her life were faded away, Needle had always been by her side. It was more than just a simple Braavosi rapier- it was her. It was all she had left now, a fine piece of pointy steel that even in blindness, she could recall every curve, every detail, every exact measurement of that fine little blade.

So rightfully so, as Teresa stripped it away from her, the She-Wolf kept her silent, boiling rage cool underneath a veil of fear. Noise stampeded like the charge of a cavalry unit, their amorphous forms shifting in and out, the blind Reaper unable to truly grasp at their form with her primitive use of echolocation. Before she knew it, however, she felt her petite form lifted off the ground, cradled like some babe (which Arya utterly despised) by the Producer. Under normal circumstances, the young Northerner would probably be raising Seven Hells, yet something...unusual happened that halted her outrage.

Energy

And by energy, a transfer almost of it. Or, perhaps, more accurately, a dissolving of it. Sanae was not the only one affected by this simple interaction, the teenager flinching, feeling a certain illness pang at her stomach. What shadowy incantations and foul black magic Arya was accursed with thanks to the Archdemon felt weak and thinned within the grasp of Sanae. With her former lord deceased, many of these fragments would fade within time, and by evident of this simple transaction, Arya theorized that more *normal* Reapers unlike herself had a certain strength against this power.

But the question still lingered, would it all fade away?

This thinking would be short-lived, however, feeling herself lowered to her feet. Scrambling away, her monochromatic wings rapidly flapping, Arya covered her ears and pushed herself against a nearby wall as a frightening burst of pure energy soared wildly from the Producer's hands. The attack was so bright, so potent, that even in Arya's utter blindness, she could see faint glistens of it. Cringing, shakily lowering her hands, a deep breath escaped the Northerner's lips, looking exhausted and weary.

"'ells, can we get a fuckin' break?"

Walking over to the fallen Sanae, Arya gazed up at Teresa, a distasteful look on the stubborn, five foot highness. Yeah, so much for the potential friendship bonding of a piggyback ride with the whole Needle dilemma still up in the air. Flapping her own wings a bit, Arya arose onto some rubble, shrugging off her worries.

"Teresa, you got em'? Okay, I am going to scout ahead, a'ye? Make sure the path is safe, Coco...stick with Teresa, okay?" Arya remarked, a bit boldly on her own part, beginning to look ahead and make sure the path was clear. Granted, a blind scout is a bit of an oxymoron, but Arya figured Shibuya had some more peculiar individuals than herself.

Hopefully, anyways.

@Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

5yav6ny.png

Coco's stunned expression softened when Teresa and Arya paid no mind to it. Surely if Mr. H was about to be destroyed they would be panicking just as much. Coco fluttered her black wings and watched Teresa approach the Producer to help him out, nodding when the Conductor suggested she stick closer to her. "Yes, ma'am," Coco replied, her calm expression changing into a frown shortly afterwards when she heard Arya mirror Teresa's command for Coco to stay near her. Her attitude toward the other young girl was a bit different, however. "Um, excuse me! You're not the boss of me," Coco squeaked, puffing her cheeks out. Teresa clearly was the boss of her, so receiving a command from her was different. But Arya, however, wasn't important at all! In fact, Joshua instructed Coco to watch out for her.

8irkgt3.jpg

The exhausted Producer lifted up slightly when Teresa approached him, finding that too much movement was difficult for his body. His eyes flashed to Teresa when she addressed him and he nodded. "Right, thanks girly. I'll trust you can get me outta here just fine. Make sure you take me right over to Hachiko. That's the emergency meeting place for the reapers when we have issues like this going on." He paused for a moment before adding, "Next time I'll be more careful. Guess I just used up too much of my own energy."

Truthfully, Sanae knew that his loss of energy had to do with Arya in some way, but he didn't intend to tell anyone especially not Joshua. He knew Joshua cared for him, and was likely to act rash or treat Arya with disdain after learning she could do something with the potential to hurt someone. Sanae wanted to give Arya a chance, and investigate what was going on with her himself before he reported it to Joshua. He didn't want to toss any more suspicion onto her already quite suspicious nature and abilities.

Once Teresa and Arya began to head out of the area, Coco followed after them--flapping her little black wings. She flew with them, scouting the area from behind. Occasionally a stray noise would attack, but the young reaper managed to warn Teresa and Arya each time. The massive heard of noise from before had thinned somewhat, but there were still a many around. They had to be careful as they made their way along.

7jeXX5Q.jpg

Meanwhile, Joshua stood at Hachiko with Hurley, glancing off into the distance toward the Shibuya river. He began to pace a little, contemplating whether or not to leave Hurley by himself. The Composer had an itch to see what was going on and make sure his friends were all right, but leaving Hurley alone could've been sentencing him to death. Grumbling, Joshua raised a hand to the sky and began to fire white beams into the air, attacking some of the stray noise that flew above them. In the distance, Coco noticed the beams and grinned.

"Hey, look! The Composer is over there!" she exclaimed, pointing toward Hachiko.

@Hospes @Krieg @Thuro 116 Pendragon

kaya-scodelario-teresa-2769375.png

Arya's comment about desiring a break was certainly understandable, but Teresa knew it was nothing but a childish dream. There was no such thing as a pause in negative activities, let alone when it was convenient for the 'heroes'. However, it wasn't really entirely accurate to call them heroes, per se. They weren't the best gang of people, but they were all trying to fix that. At least, Teresa knew she was. "Sorry, but that isn't happening just yet," the female responded, her words heavy. "Just hang in there. We'll be out safe, soon."

Nodding her approval of Coco giving a chipper approval to Teresa's request, the Conductor offered a weak smile. "Thanks. Now..." Letting her eyes move to focus on the slightly smaller girl now standing in front of her, immediately noting how pissy the girl was. "Look, I get that you're mad, but this isn't the time or the place. You'll get the sword back when you show you can handle it. For now, though, how about we focus on getting out alive?" she spoke, breaking their stubborn silence before allowing herself to continue - her words directed at Sanae, this time around.

"Not a problem. As for Hachiko... Consider it done," the female answered, her tone serious, and her words? Straight to the point. She did, however, definitely seem to approve of the man in her arms's statement that he'd be more careful. "You'd better be. I might not know much about you, but I do know there ain't always someone around to save you when you need it." How many Gladers- nay, people, even since her death -had she witnessed fall to their demises? Too many, she thought, distastefully. She was about to request they all get a move on yet again, but she was cut short by Arya trying to play team captain. This wouldn't have bothered her, under normal circumstances, but the girl was weak... Defenseless. And, more than all of that? Unstable.

So, Teresa shook her head, shooting a mildly frustrated look in the direction of the other Reaper as she cautiously lifted into the air. "It's not that simple. Coco is sticking near you and you'll both stay near me until I've assured we're all there safe, got it?" she stated, not the slightest ounce of room left for debate. And with that, they were off, Teresa occasionally using her Sexy D to shove off oncoming Noise. When Coco pointed out the beams of light, though, Teresa felt relief wash over her with intensity. He's alright.

• Love
tumblr_m781a8X8h21rp2zn0o1_500.gif

The stern rebuttal was nothing something that Arya truly felt anymore. With bitter silence, the five foot teenager stood firm in her stance, virtually frozen, clenching her hands into fists. Anger brewed in her bosom, the newest of the Reapers feeling constantly under attack and being shunned more directly. In her mind, the Northerner figured that if it was Coco or Sanae that had said those exact words, they would've of all had all agreed compliantly. In her mind, Arya felt hypocrisy run within the Reapers, a hypocrisy that fueled her own ambitions and resentments. Honestly, if she knew immortality would be this complicated, the thought of some eternal purgatory may seem the slight more pleasing.

But then again, whatever awaited her in the far, abyssal darkness of the multiverse left her blind and crippled, a horror and terror far beyond Archdemon. A power that she herself did not comprehend, her mind reeling towards insanity, faced with the traumatizing sight of thousands of familiar screaming faces, hollowed, naked bodies of the accursed, and strange, godlike creatures of a form indescribable. In her dreams, these sights gnawed at her, yet should never retain the full picture, as if conjuring the whole experience in her head would break the She-Wolf like a twig.

"Fine....Miss Teresa" she symbolically knelt to Teresa's orders, keeping her head low. With eyes of beaming in the ground, the dislocated Northerner let her other compatriots go ahead. Keeping near the back, Arya shockingly kept firm yet quiet, simply intent on following the others. Her disobedience and resistance to the Reapers as whole, for being one, was shockingly enduring. It was no wonder that the former servant of that foul demon had garnered a bit of an unfavorably reputation, one that presumably caused worry in this community of immortal servants to the whims of Mother Nature's endless cycles of life and death.

However, the question still remained, could Arya be faulted for her thinking?

Her family, her friends, her kingdom, her countrymen, her pride, her most beloved- gone. Attempt after attempt, she denied the wheels of Fate, and attempt after attempt, her destiny grew more and more grim. She gave herself to darkness, not out of power or ambition, but to revive Ellie and bring justice to a man who deserved it. In many regards, it made Arya so different from the other servants to the Archdemon- she had clear, reasonable goals. Power and wealth were trivial things to ask from that accursed man, but to request to bring someone back to life and bring another to justice? There was a certain nobility to that.

A misguided nobility.

Hearing the powerful beams of light from the Composer, the monochromatic, angelic being sneered distastefully, keeping a scan for any Noise, following the others like some unwanted, yet constant shadow

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes

Yup. That compliment definitely went right over poor Saya's head, though Larkin hardly cared. After all, if a girl didn't recognize a compliment when she got one, she wasn't worth the waste of breath it took to explain it! ...Probably. Something like that. In any case, Saya was definitely no Marian or Reece - that much was very clear. And, in Larkin's mind? It was a very good thing. "Don't worry. I was just agreeing with ya," he assured. "Though, what do you mean by 'when you were alive'? You saying you're a bad guy, now?" he inquired, making it quite clear he was teasing- or perhaps taunting -her.

Casually rolling his shoulders to loosen them as Saya got ready, the male found himself rather bored, listening to her drone on about boredom. He didn't need to hear any philosophies, he just wanted to get out of there, fix the problem, and get back to scheming- I mean... Having a little fun! Right. He wasn't planning any pranks or ridiculous stunts or anything... That'd be stupid and crazy and incredibly fun. Shaking it off and finally tuning in to listen to Saya's words, the teenager just grinned widely when she inquired what he meant by 'an illusionist', a small chuckle escaping his lips. "Well, it's a bit more complicated than that. We're called Casters. Illusionist is just the type I am," he explained, casually. "Tell ya what - I'm plannin' to haggle with the big boss man a bit to get my touch back. Maybe after I do, I'll show you what I'm capable of," he remarked with a wink.

When he was pressed about whether he had something against homosexuals, Larkin simply clicked his tongue with another small laugh. "What makes you think that? I just find it funny anyone could think I'm anything but straight," he replied with his typical grin. "So don't worry."

"I guess so," he replied, though he was almost offended she wouldn't accept his sexuality. Was she lesbian or something?? That must've been it. There was no other explanation but that she hoped they were both homosexuals. It would explain her obliviousness to his compliment, too. Hah, he was onto her! "I'm not sensitive about it," he defended, casually. "I was just letting you know that I'm straight, sweetheart. That's it." And he was available, too. Wink wonk. "But good idea. Shall we?" he asked, ready to leave whenever.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.