The Raven of Arcane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie

- x -​

Humming softly, Charlie was putting up all of the luggage that he had brought. The clothes that he wanted to hang up would go in the closet and the ones that he didn't was going into the drawers. Well, the drawers that weren't already full that is. As he put up all of his clothes, he couldn't help but wonder what is roommate would be like. In the middle of him folding up a shirt to slip into a drawer, he heard someone else's voice. The blond, being himself, let out a squeak of surprise as he whipped around to face the new person that was in the room with him. Eyes wide, he relaxed slowly once he registered what had been said. Great first impression, Charlie. He'll totally think you're manly and cool now. With a small smile on his face, he introduced himself. "Name's Charlie. And it's not short for anything, like Charles. Just Charlie," he explained. Too many times, he's had people call him Charles because they assumed that Charlie was short for it, which annoyed him to no end. It was the worst when people just gave him a new name.

Cassandra

- x -​

Cassandra blinked owlishly as she was bombarded with questions. It was quite the entrance to her dorm and roommate. Closing the door behind her as she entered the dorm, her eyes glanced around, surveying her roommate's side of the room. It was quite nice. Turning back to Xenia, she remembered that she had to introduce herself. Face beaming brightly with a broad grin, she said, "Nice to meet you, Xenia! My name's Cassandra and I'm a Junior." The brunette was rolling her luggage to the side of the room that wasn't occupied, getting herself ready to unpack, which was something that she absolutely hated to do. Sitting down on the made bed, she unzipped her luggage and decided that some conversation would help her through the grueling process of unpacking. "What about you? What year are you in?" She questioned as she started to take out clothes to put in the drawers.

[ @Autumn_Burns_Red ]

||James||

James knew the movie was 'Nightmare at Elm Street' and to be honest, he found it extremely frightening when he watched it. A horror movie that isn't scary? Lies! It scared the living daylights out of him - not that he would actually admit it - but the movie made him avoid mirrors for an entire week as well as lose sleep for three days. That's plenty considering how much he loved to sleep. It's safe to say that he had absolutely no plans of going to the movie showing. He did not want to lose anymore sleep especially since class with all their requirements would already do plenty of that. As he continued to listen, he looked thoughtful. Channing had good point. "Yeah, that's true." He heard about what happened and honestly, he thought the school would shut down or skip a year considering what happened. A murder is not easy to forget. Especially since the killer was still loose. "Maybe they've just got a really bad planning committee?" James suggested jokingly. Well, slight. He was half serious about the suggestion since the school would have obviously planned the events and thought it through. Then again, it wasn't really that good of a suggestion either since he was never good with these types of discussions.

@ForgottenBlood

• Love
Reactions: T E R R O R
||James||

James knew the movie was 'Nightmare at Elm Street' and to be honest, he found it extremely frightening when he watched it. A horror movie that isn't scary? Lies! It scared the living daylights out of him - not that he would actually admit it - but the movie made him avoid mirrors for an entire week as well as lose sleep for three days. That's plenty considering how much he loved to sleep. It's safe to say that he had absolutely no plans of going to the movie showing. He did not want to lose anymore sleep especially since class with all their requirements would already do plenty of that. As he continued to listen, he looked thoughtful. Channing had good point. "Yeah, that's true." He heard about what happened and honestly, he thought the school would shut down or skip a year considering what happened. A murder is not easy to forget. Especially since the killer was still loose. "Maybe they've just got a really bad planning committee?" James suggested jokingly. Well, slight. He was half serious about the suggestion since the school would have obviously planned the events and thought it through. Then again, it wasn't really that good of a suggestion either since he was never good with these types of discussions.

@ForgottenBlood

Channing
Channing thought about it a bit more, he didn't understand how a guy with claws and messed up skin can be anything scary but he decided to let that thought go. The more he thought about Ana's death, the more he thought about her killing being on the loose...No one knew who he was or what he looked like, heck he could be someone undercover sneaking around campus for all he knew. It only made him hate school more, but why Ana? He didn't know and it wasn't like he was going to get that question answered anyway. He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard James speak then he nodded slightly. He chuckled at the joke but it all honesty it might just be true. "Yeah probably, doesn't seem all that right to gather everyone together either...not in times like this...Easy target..." he told him. "Alright, i'm creeping myself out with this conversation, come on...i'll give you a tour of the place."he said and stood up straight then stretched.

• Love
Reactions: Autumn
}{ Xenia }{
Xenia smiled and started to organize her desk. "I am a Sophomore, here." Looking back at Cassandra, she noticed that she had some interesting style, which she liked it. "Nice style." Xenia smiled as the placed her pens in a holder as well as her pencils, they were either red or purple with a flower design.

-Benjamin-
Ben smiled and moved into to the room, over to his own side. "Charlie it is, besides you look more like a Charlie than a Charles." Ben placed his lab top on the desk, and started to unpack it. He liked his new one better than his old one, mostly because it wasn't slow. "So, Charlie, what year are you?" Ben moved his computer chair out and took a seat.
@Kitsune

Charlie

The blond's smile widened at Ben's comment. "I wish everyone else thought that," he said as he continued to unpack, picking up where he left off. He was finishing up his clothes and was going to put up all of the posters and such that he brought along with him, wanting to make his side of the dorm feel like home as much as he could. At Ben's new question, he responded, "A Freshman, what about you?" He was definitely certain that he was the youngest amongst the two of them. It was unlikely for him to room with another Freshman. At least, that's what he thought. And it wasn't like he minded rooming with someone older. It was a good thing, actually. Now, he had someone else to show him the ropes and such instead of Cassandra, which came in handy when she wasn't near by. Like, now. His mind continued to wander as he began to decorate his side of the dorm.

Cassandra

Hearing Xenia's response, Cassandra hummed in response as she moved around, putting multiple things away. While hanging up some skinny jeans, she heard the other brunette's comment. It made her grin and turn to face the younger girl. "Why, thank you," she said before hanging up another pair of jeans. As she continued to put up all of her things, she noticed how much clothes she brought. Year after year, she always seemed to bring more and more luggage. Why, she would never know. It was a mystery to even herself. "So, what are you studying?"

[ @Autumn_Burns_Red ]

||James||

James was more than happy to oblige with the offer of a tour, even if it meant leaving the bed. Although he actually agreed with what Channing said earlier, gathering everyone in the killer's hunting grounds made it easier to target students. He didn't understand why anyone would do such a thing but then again, he didn't know much about the school. 'Maybe it's just some random guy who went crazy, or someone with a grudge, who know.' Well, considering the topic's changed James decided to change his line of thought. "That'll be much appreciated, wouldn't want to get lost during class." Considering he often woke up late, it would be troublesome to lose his way. It's happened before and he ended up missing first period because of it. Well, most of first period. It was embarrassing to enter class late with everyone staring. He never wanted to be late ever again, or if he was late, he'd rather skip the period. Just like his roommate, he stood up as well, leaving the comfort of his bed. His clothes became wrinkled from when he lied down on the bed but he paid no attention to it, "So, where we gonna go first?" He asked curiously, the school was a large place and he doubt they could explore the whole place before the events began.

@ForgottenBlood

• Love
Zelda, or Z to most people, made her way to Langston. She was pretty nervous for her first day and she had no idea where to go, but it was college and she would definitely figure it out. She picked up her schedule and started for her dorm room which was 3. She hoped that her roommate was the same way. Zelda had always been the chill type. Hung out with pretty much anyone and got along with most. She opened the door to her dorm, which had the usual two beds and other dorm-y stuff. Her roommate was the first of the two of them to get there. Lucky, she got to pick her bed first. She smiled at the girl, setting one of her bags down. "Hey there, I'm Zelda." She smiled and started to unpack a bit. She unpacked all of her bags, setting everything neatly on the bed to be put in correct places. Her pajamas, boxers and socks folded neatly and in the small dresser drawers while she put her pants and shirts, which consisted mostly of skinny jeans and band tees, on hangers and in fairly tiny closet. Zelda hung and set most of her framed pictures on the wall and dresser, hanging the few crumpled posters on the walls with thumbtacks. "Since we're gonna be living together for a while, I'd say it'd be great to get to know each other a bit, don't ya think?" She smiled, looking up from her iPad screen.
@Autumn

Kai had partially awaken from the most amazing sleep of his life. One leg bent and the other straightened, the blankets barely covering his body. He looked up from his pillow, checking his cell phone for any text messages or emails. Seeing none, he put his head back down on the pillow and closed his eyes. He knew that he had to go to her new school, Langston University today; his mother was going to make him go today instead of next the next few days when classes actually started. Honestly, it was complete and utter crap. He didn't even wanna go, and the fact that his mother was actually making him so he could leave her house sucked; but he knew that his first year of college would be the best year ever.

Aimlessly pulling the blankets over his body, Kai was almost all the way asleep when his mother busted through the door, opening every curtain in his room. "Good morning sunshine! It's time for you to get up and get dressed for school." Kai groaned as his mom pulled the blankets off of him, only to reveal his birthday suit. "God, Kai Jace, why don't you try wearing clothes to bed next time?" His mother shook her head. Sleeping naked was one thing that Kai would miss about staying at home. You couldn't comfortably sleep naked in a dorm with another guy, well unless he was bae ;)

"I'm just embracing the gifts God gave me." He explained, covering his head and face with his pillow. "Honey, it'll be fun to make some new friends and spend time out of the house. You're an adult now." His mother picked up the duffel bags that Kai had packed the night before and smiled at him. "Get dressed Bubby, I'll see you downstairs in 20 minutes." she walked out, closing the door behind her. Kai sat up and sighed. He looked through his closet, eventually finding an outfit to wear. After showering, he fixed the beanie on his head. Kai looked in his bag to make sure he had everything he needed. He didn't want to forget anything. He headed downstairs. "I'm about to go Mom." He threw his bags in his car and hopped in the driver's seat as his mom put the last bag in the trunk. "I'll miss you my sweet boy. You have fun and don't get into too much trouble." She smiled at him "I won't make any promises." He smiled and drove away.

~A Few Hours Later~

Kai parked in the parking lot of Langston, making his way to the front desk to get his schedule. He started walking to her dorm, which he shared with a guy by the name of Lincoln. He walked into the dorm room just as a few movers were coming out. "Hi! You must be Lincoln. I'm Kai." He smiled his number one smile. Link was a cutie, he knew that much, and he definitely was a gamer.
@Autumn_Burns_Red

Zaria was so stoked to finally be back at school! Only a few more years of school left and she would be a music major! Although she didn't have many friends going there, she made friends slightly more easily than she did in high school and would be back in the swing of things soon enough. She picked up her schedule and headed for her dorm room. This school is fucking huge. I hope I don't get lost.... Again. She thought to herself. It had been a while since she went to a private school, and one as amazing as this in fact. She was mostly excited to go to Langston because she loved the sense of responsibility that being away from her parents gave her. "Room number 2, here it is." Zar smiled and walked into the room, seeing no one else's stuff, which meant she had first dibs on the bed! She looked around the room, setting her stuff where she wanted it on her half of the room. "This is going to be awesome, I can't wait to meet my roomie!" She giggled to herself. After setting up all of her stuff, she sat on her bed and read Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises while she waited for her roommate to arrive.
@jellybelly99

Last edited:
-Benjamin-
Ben smiled down as he placed his belongings for school in a more orderly fashion. Benjamin walked across to his closet, and started to hangup his shirts and jeans that required hanging and then placing the rest into the drawers of the dresser. When Charlie had answered Ben's question about what grade he was in, Ben smiled. "Ahh, newbie, if you want I can show you somethings. Oh and I am a junior." Ben smiled and continued to put out away things he failed to do before running to the Apple store for his new lab top.

}{ Xenia }{
Xenia looked up from her phone, Carlos was going to be heading out soon since the party started in forty. Looking over to Cassandra, she didn't want to leave her roomie hanging, but she also had mega plans about introducing Daniel and Carlos together. Looking back down she clicked on Daniel's message box, -Hey, are you at the Library, I feel like your at the library, stay there till I come...surprises will happen.- Xenia smiled and returned her phone to her jean's back pocket. Looking over to Cassandra again she smiled at the question she had asked. "I am studying Nutrition Communication, and then over in Bulgaria, I am a MMA fighter so I am on the team here." Xenia looked down and then down at a Carlos who sit in his chair cleaning the windows.
@Kitsune

⊗Lincoln⊗
Lincoln peered out of his closet at the face the emerged from the hall, he had completely forgot he wasn't at home. ~I guess bringing almost your entire room, kinda makes you feel at home...a little too much Link!~ Smiling as he realized it wasn't a serial killer he stepped out of the closet. "Please just call me Link. It's nice to meet you Kai." Stepping over to his set up he plugged in the machines, making sure they survived the trip here, when the screens glowed to life, Link smiled and hugged them, another trip successful and he didn't have to spend a shit tone more money on repairing or replacing these. "So Kai, hear about the back to school bash? Are ya going or nah?" Link liked making friends, and fast. Besides the guy looked like he knew a thing or two about partying.
@Little_Ghost98

||Julianna|

Julianna had just finished placing her clothes in the cabinet, placing her laptop on the desk and her suitcase underneath her bed when she heard the door click open. She was nervous to find out who her roommate was, a natural emotion considering that she would spend the rest of the year with whoever was going to occupy the bed on the other side. "Hi, I'm Julianna." She said with a smile, glad that her roommate seemed nice. She wouldn't know what to do if she got a roommate who was rude....or quiet, she isn't an avid fan of silence. "Or just Juli since Julianna's pretty long." Most people preferred to call her by her nickname since, as she said, her first name's quite long being a mixture of two short names, Juli and Anna. Anna is a pretty common name so she usually went with the first four letters of her name.

Whilst the other, Zelda, as she introduced herself, started to place posters, Julianna had placed a board on her bedside's wall. It was a large board, half the size of her bed. Considering it was still the start of the year, she didn't place anything yet on her memo board except maybe a few pins to use for later on. Just as she finished placed three red pins, she heard her roommate say something about getting to know each other which she agreed with, "Yup, definitely." She said as she sat down on the bed, looking at her roommate as she thought of what to say. She decided to go with the usual simple questions. With a friendly smile, she spoke once more, "I'm a freshman majoring in Sports Science. What about you?" [/size]

@Little_Ghost98

||Daniel||

Silence reigned through the library save for the sound of the air-conditioner and the footsteps of those who thought to do the same as him. Daniel was sitting in his usual corner which was between two shelves. He was leaning on the wall whilst in an indian sit position as he read a book on personality that he had found earlier. It was an interesting book and in half an hour, he managed to finish around one fourth of the thick reading material. 'The id-' Having just begun on a new sentence, he was forced to abandon the line because of a vibration coming from his pocket. He placed the book down beside him before reaching for his phone. As expected, it was from Xenia. He took a moment to wonder what her surprise would be before replying, - I'm always in the library. Can I have a hint as to what your surprise is? -

@Autumn_Burns_Red

♠Xenia♠
Looking down at the phone that had just gone off with a message from Daniel, Xenia laughed. Tapping on the text box, Xenia's fingers started to move in a fast pace typing out her reply, -No...fine, it starts with a C and is not Corn.- Xenia smiled and looked up. She felt tremendously horrible because she would need to get going, she had friends expecting her. Going over to the closet she grabbed out her bag. "Hey, Listen I got to be going, some friends are expecting me. I hope I'll see you at the bash tonight. Oh and sorry to do this." Xenia smiled and waved as she left. Walking down the stairs past the boys floor and walked out to Carlos, who was in his car. "Come on, lets go to the library man...I need....something....maybe, I don't know just come on." Xenia smiled at her friends as he got out the car, hopefully this would work out, cause she had been thinking about getting them two to meet for the entire summer. Daniel was exactly what Carlos needed and vice-versus. Carlos joined her as they walked to the Library. "That doesn't sound fishy at all, women." Carlos chuckled and punched her arm slightly. Xenia just grabbed his arm and pulled him farther towards the library. It took a few minutes to get to library, she really had not intention to look for Daniel so she pulled out her phone. -Hey, Daniel come here in the lobby.-
@Autumn

~Arial~
Finally getting to meet her roommate, Arial walks up to her roommate and hugs her "Hi nice to meet you I'm Arial, what's your name?" Not trying to scare her new roommate away Arial sat down on her side of the dorm and asked "Hey before the thing tonight would u want to go shopping with me, I'll pay if u want?"
@Little_Ghost98

||James||

James was more than happy to oblige with the offer of a tour, even if it meant leaving the bed. Although he actually agreed with what Channing said earlier, gathering everyone in the killer's hunting grounds made it easier to target students. He didn't understand why anyone would do such a thing but then again, he didn't know much about the school. 'Maybe it's just some random guy who went crazy, or someone with a grudge, who know.' Well, considering the topic's changed James decided to change his line of thought. "That'll be much appreciated, wouldn't want to get lost during class." Considering he often woke up late, it would be troublesome to lose his way. It's happened before and he ended up missing first period because of it. Well, most of first period. It was embarrassing to enter class late with everyone staring. He never wanted to be late ever again, or if he was late, he'd rather skip the period. Just like his roommate, he stood up as well, leaving the comfort of his bed. His clothes became wrinkled from when he lied down on the bed but he paid no attention to it, "So, where we gonna go first?" He asked curiously, the school was a large place and he doubt they could explore the whole place before the events began.

@ForgottenBlood
Channing
Channing opened the door to their dorm then stepped out into the hallway, which was filled with new and old students. "So as you already know, the second floor is males and the first floor is females." he told him before walking downstairs and outside. "I think we should tour the school first no?" he asked him before going into the school area and showing him around. "So, from your schedule I'll be showing you all the classes and others that you might go in if there's anything special happening...Like where the event will be located and stuff." he said. After awhile, Channing showed him all his classes and where the event will be held just incase Channing wouldn't be there to help him. He then traveled back to the front of the school and stuck his hands in his pockets before looking over to James, he was much shorter than him and Channing thought that was cute. "What do you want to visit next?" he asked him before taking out a piece of gum and putting hit into his mouth then checked his phone before putting it back into his shirt pocket.

As soon as the girl walked into the room she hugged her. It wasn't something that Zaria was used to, she wasn't much of a hugger if she was just meeting you, but she really didn't mind. Arial was just friendly. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Zaria. You can call me Zar if you want." She smiled at the girl after she let go from their hug. Zaria started to put all of her stuff away, placing clothes in the closet, pictures on the walls and other things. When Arial mentioned something about shopping and a "thing" Zar raised her eyebrow. "Oh yeah I heard there was a party or something tonight. But um I'm not much of a party girl." She shrugged. Zaria thought about the girls' offer. It would be nice to go shopping with a soon to be friend and get out there. She was in college for Christ's sake! "You know what, I would love to go shopping before the party with you." She smiled.[/SPOILER]

@jellybelly99

As she hung her posters, she listened to what Julianna said. She seemed nice nice, which was really good because she would have hated to have a roommate that was rude or annoying. And if Zelda found you annoying, then you were really annoying considering she usually liked most people. "Well, I'm a sophomore, turned 19 a few months ago. I'm majoring in English/Journalism minoring in Art. What made you wanna major in Sports Science?" She sat crisscross on her bed, looking over at Juli.
@Autumn

Kai smiled at Link and started to set everything up on his side of the dorm. He did hear a little bit about the back to school party they had every year. "I've heard a little bit about the party. I'm probably gonna go. It'll be nice to go to a legit college party. There better be some cute guys here." He smiled and sat on his bed. Kai was glad that his roommate was nice, a party guy and a gamer. That was definitely his kind of guy.
[/SPOILER]

Last edited:
||Daniel||

Before Daniel could even pick up his book, he immediately felt his phone vibrate once more, 'Wow, she replies fast...' He thought as he checked the new message. He was puzzled as to what she meant. There were a hundred things that started with a 'C'. Candy, cauliflower, candle, cane, cat, cataract, contract, copper, cobalt, cyanide...probably not that...cookies, cologne, cactus? Daniel began to list words in his mind that began with the letter, trying to decipher what she would give him as a surprise. -That's not helpful. Not even a bit. There are a hundred things in the world that could start with C.- He thought of elements and other items but never did it cross his mind that she meant a person whose name began with a 'C'.

Once again, he was about to pick up the book that lied beside him when he felt his phone vibrate. Again. This time, he gave up on his book and returned the item back on the shelf before checking his phone. -Am I allowed to ask why I have to go there?- He already knew that she would most likely have her 'surprise' with her in the lobby but who knows, maybe she would finally tell him what it is and he can decide whether to flee or not. Nevertheless, whilst he waited for a reply, he had already begun going to the lobby only to find Xenia with another person. Considering she was with someone else, he thought that he may as well wait until she's done talking to the guy before going closer.

[USER=15291]@Autumn_Burns_Red[/USER]

||James||

James followed outside, closing the door behind him and listening to what was said. "Right, never mistaking that." Well, he had a tendency to be forgetful so he may mistake the two one day. He followed down the stairs and everywhere, doing his best in order to commit to memory the places they went to. Especially his first class. That way, he wouldn't have to go and run around the whole school, trying not to be late. As for the rest, well, he could try to remember but it was difficult to memorize everything said and shown. But hey, there was usually a five minute gap or so which he could use to find his classes, or to ask someone where they are. After a while, they finished, which James was grateful for. It was a long walk and he didn't exactly have a lot of stamina due to his lack of exercise. "Can we go to the cafeteria?" He then changed his mind when he thought how far the cafeteria was...or was it nearby? He forgot. "Scratch that, can we just find somewhere to sit? I didn't think there'd be that much walking." He said looking at his roommate, noticing only now their height differences, 'Man, I feel short.'

@ForgottenBlood

||Julianna||

"Oh hey, belated happy birthday." Julianna said even though the greeting was long overdue. It was natural for her to greet someone, even though their birthday had already long passed. "I absolutely love sports." She said with a smile although that was just part of the reason. Her parents were doctors and wanted her to be one as well so it was a course that she liked and her parents would approve. "I'm guessing you like to write?" She asked, considering that the other majored in English/Journalism.

@Little_Ghost98

• Thank You
♠Xenia♠
Xenia felt the vibration of her phone, grabbing it out, she saw Daniel's text. She chuckled and looked at the text for a minute and then replied. -Because I said so, Daniel. Trust me and come here.- Looking back up to Carlos she smiled. "So, I kinda need to confess something, but I ain't going to till later like five minutes." Carlos' eyes narrowed, Xenia could tell he was being suspicious of why they were there. "Stop that, stop giving me that look." She laughed.
It had been a few minutes, and Xenia was wondering where Daniel was looking around she spotted him, standing in the distance being all Daniel like. Motioning him over, Carlos looked in the direction Daniel stood. "Who is that? Xenia this isn't one of your plans is it?" Xenia looked back at him and smiled. "XENIA! Really?" She smiled and nodded, then turned back to Daniel. "Would you come here!" She yelled slightly and was immediately warning to be quite.
@Autumn

||Daniel||​

Daniel was ignorant of the conversation between the two considering he was out of hearing range. If he had, then he would have ran away long ago. Actually, when Xenia called him over, he understood what exactly her surprise was. 'I kind of don't want to go...no, no, I can do this. Maybe I'm merely misunderstanding her intention.' He took into account the possibility that the guy may just be accompanying her or something of that sort. It took him a moment before he reluctantly walked over. He thought that if he took longer then Xenia might come and drag him, which, would most likely not be a very pleasant experience. Once he got there, he looked to his friend, "Alright I'm here..." He told her, keeping his gaze on her and not once looking at the male. It's not that he was ignoring the other...he just finds it difficult to maintain eye contact with those he didn't know. As one can see, it's painfully obvious he wasn't very good with meeting new people. In fact, he often avoids going into relationships even just simple friendship hence why he only has two friends.

@Autumn_Burns_Red

♠Xenia♠
Xenia smiled up at Daniel, he was such a sweet friend, and she just really liked the thought of Carlos and Daniel together. "Okay, so you two are probably going to kill me." Xenia stepped backwards a little to where she didn't need to turn her head much to look at the two of them. "Okay, just had to make sure." Stepping over to Carlos, she smiled and pushed him slightly closer. "Daniel, this is Carlos, and Carlos this is Daniel...Surprise." She smiled hoping Daniel would be okay with this. She knew that they could work together, doing and Yin Yang kind of thing. "You can just call me CJ."
@Autumn

~Arial~
Happy that she said yes Arial got her Purse and keys and started walking with her new roommate. "So how do u like it here?" Trying to keep a conversation going as the walked out to the parking lot. Arial hoped her car would be there or they would have to take a taxi, which she don't really like. Finally seeing her car which was a 1973 z28 camero "look there's my car, I'm glad it's here wouldn't want to get stuck in traffick that's not so fun." As they get into the car and drive off to go shopping Arial started to get nervous hoping nothing would happen while they were out.
@Little_Ghost98

||James||

James followed outside, closing the door behind him and listening to what was said. "Right, never mistaking that." Well, he had a tendency to be forgetful so he may mistake the two one day. He followed down the stairs and everywhere, doing his best in order to commit to memory the places they went to. Especially his first class. That way, he wouldn't have to go and run around the whole school, trying not to be late. As for the rest, well, he could try to remember but it was difficult to memorize everything said and shown. But hey, there was usually a five minute gap or so which he could use to find his classes, or to ask someone where they are. After a while, they finished, which James was grateful for. It was a long walk and he didn't exactly have a lot of stamina due to his lack of exercise. "Can we go to the cafeteria?" He then changed his mind when he thought how far the cafeteria was...or was it nearby? He forgot. "Scratch that, can we just find somewhere to sit? I didn't think there'd be that much walking." He said looking at his roommate, noticing only now their height differences, 'Man, I feel short.'

@ForgottenBlood

Channing
While Channing waited for James to answer, he began to think more about the incident that occurred not too long ago. It was an odd and random attack, but something gave him the vibe that it planned all along. As his mind wandered deeper into his thoughts, he had barely heard what James said. "Erm uh yeah, I can show you the cafe." he said with a smile while scratching the back of his head. He was about to start walking with him before he spoke up again making Channing chuckle. "Sure, I think we'd need to rest as well." he told him and walked in front to show him a cool place where he loved to sit. He stopped when he found his cherry blossom tree that had a bench right under it. The scenery was perfect, pedals from the tree blew in the wind and landing around or on the bench just like he remembered it. "This is my favorite spot to sit, the tree adds shade and a nice touch." he told him before taking his regular spot. "How do you like it? I've never actually asked someone else how they like my sitting spot before." he explained

Sinead
Sinead walked onto the campus, looking around with a hint of satisfaction in her expression. College. She'd wanted to go from the moment she learned that it was a place you went away to, to learn. A school you didn't have to come home from. She had dedicated herself to the task from that moment on: go to College, as soon as possible. She had a better home now, with the Turings. One she could even be happy to go back to. For now though, she could take in the beauty of her surroundings, breathe in deep breaths of sweet, fresh air, and enjoy the fact that she'd won. Da was in his grave, Lorcan in his cell, and Tobias Wren, in hiding. Oh, the war still raged; Wren, his thugs, and their clients would pursue her to the ends of the earth if they ever found her. But for now? She was in College. On her way to the future she chose to create.

She wore her hair in a "Cortana" style, longer toward the front than the back, a sleek suit, a silver Telepathy One wearable computer headset, and a haptic interace on her left hand.
17941ffd-3762-497c-a48e-87eedb3819fc_zps884d0ccc.jpg

As she glanced around, she spotted a pip superimposed over the second story of one of the buildings by the augmented-reality program on her T-One. Right then, glad that's sorted. I could have wandered around this place for hours before I found it otherwise. The movers had brought her gear and set it all up in her dorm room. The wifi was good here, so her T-One had no trouble finding her workstation.

The campus was gorgeous. The buildings were all flying buttresses and Gothic spires, like rocketships poised to hurl themselves at the stars. The stone and ivy and mature trees, all conspired to convey a sense of permanence. Solidity. Safety. It was only a 'sense,' not necessarily the real thing, but Sinead found herself enjoying it anyway.

With a flick of the fingers of her left hand, Sinead opened her new school inbox, two messages. She opened the first one, a welcome from the Administration. Field games? I'm not much for sports, but it might be fun to watch. A dance? Eeeeeeeeeh...no. What the...?

Sinead felt a chill come over her, and at the same time, a stirring of hot anger. First bloody day of school, and there's some psycho maniac already stalking girls? Really?! Oh, and they're showing Nightmare on bloody Elm Street to welcome us back to school? What bright spark came up with that idea?! Alright, alright, better get to my dorm and get my security systems set up then. "Ada, search, Ana Grant murder," she said. That name sounded familiar, but she couldn't place it. No time to sift through stories about the murder before she reached her dorm, but she could finish her email. Another finger-flick switched her back to her email window, then back to the inbox. That's when she saw that her other email was from...the Raven.

Arcane Society,
Ana, oh poor Ana. It was really you who put a end to her, not me. I just followed through with what I promised. And now I am making a new promise...I will hunt down every last one of you and watch you suffer. Some will end up like Ana, others I have a special place for you where you WILL wish you were died.

~ The Raven
P.S Welcome back! It is a lot easier to hunt you when you are all in the same campus!
Oh, bugger all! Sinead thought. After being accepted at Langston, she'd been invited to join the Arcane Society. Some kind of best-of-the-best thing. The vibe seemed more like 'cabal of wizards' than the usual TOGA! TOGA! TOGA! drunken-popularity-contest-and-stupidity Greek-letter sorority/fraternity thing, and thus had at least a chance of being cool. If not...well, it was never hard to leave an 'elite' group.

Maybe I should do that then? Tell 'em I'm not interested in joinin' after all? No school club is worth gettin' killed for, an' I've got enough problems already! But...that'd be givin' in t' the creep, an' no guarantee he wouldn't come after me anyway. Ana Grant! She was the Director, the one that sent the the invite! Right, so what'll he do next? Start at the top an' work his way down? Or...go after the newest member next? Why would he be huntin' 'em anyway? Some whackadoodle fundamentalist who thinks they're castin' spells in the basement? Or...what if the Arcane Society drove him to it, like if they're massive bullies and snobs or somethin', found a nutter with a few screws loose, made his life miserable until he snapped? I've never even been to any of their meetings, don't know the secret hand...shake...

Opening the door of the dorm building, Sinead found herself facing...guys. Open-mouthed with shock and starting to blush, she flicked her left hand to bring up her augmented reality. Sure enough, the locator pip was there, as if she could look through the ceiling to the second floor and two or three doors down and see the room where her things waited.

"The...girls'...dorm?" she choked out to the first guy who approached her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.