The Rating System

Do you like the rating system?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you find it's rather lazy and one should use their words instead?
Oh hell no! XD

Do you realise how many posts in threads would be useless/not-helpful "I agree" or "[2]" posts otherwise?
And this is something from Iwakus resident Shit Poster, so... yea. :P
"Go home you're drunk" is good for when someone's being dumb but entertaining, or just making shitposts. "Nice execution" in particular is a fun rating to give out whenever someone makes jokes about killing someone.
So basically a rating that I never get? :3
I guess 'you need a hug' is ok, but the icon just looks like a cat freaking out.
Same with the hug - but I think that could be fixed with a nicer icon - something warmer and fuzzier. I definitely want to keep the hug in play, though.
Oi! Don't you diss my and Drakels baby! >:[
Apparently, the 'you need a hug' icon is a facehugger from Alien? That's what I was told a month ago anyway.
I mean, I'm pretty sure there's a reason why negative ratings don't exist.
Positive Ratings.
Neutral Ratings.
Silly Ratings.
Negative Ratings.

Long ago, the four ratings lived together in harmony.
Then, everything changed when someone decided to insult every single person who had Depression.
And then dodge a ban with a second account.
Several times.

I loooove the post rating system. Not just for discussion posts either, but also role play posts. You can tell how much someone really liked your post depending on what rating you got, or if you get one at all. I tend to favor using the cookie rating because I like to give out cookies! It's meant as that's a nice post here have a cookie for it! I like it better then hearts and likes.

Gwazi blew up my alerts :'D

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Gwazi blew up my alerts :'D
giphy.gif

Well this thread sort of requires me to rate spam...
Like every thread on alcohol requires me to call everyone drunk.

I like it better now that there's no negative votes.
This. Even if the same kind of poison still exists in;

But 'you deserve a hug' has kind of served that purpose well, I guess. Or 'wtf did I just read'.
It's just less of a public shaming wall now. Which is a lot less drama.

I mean the system itself is kind of nice because everyone likes some kind of positive attention even if it's in the form of a click (read: 0.2 seconds of attention) so yeah, that's cool. I do think it's bloated in options, because a lot of them their meanings overlap. You can cover the same array of opinions in three or so. Like and love are the same, thank you and useful are the same, just to name the most obvious ones. People use them as some kind of forum-culture thing though, so while not exactly elegant there is reason for it staying the way it is.

Y'know.

It's alright.

• Thank You
Reactions: Greenie
giphy.gif

Well this thread sort of requires me to rate spam...
Like every thread on alcohol requires me to call everyone drunk.
And here I thought they were sincerely given!

Hm... then again, maybe it's best they weren't.

*looks to drunk ratings*

• Bucket of Rainbows
And here I thought they were sincerely given!

Hm... then again, maybe it's best they weren't.

*looks to drunk ratings*
They're genuine, I made sure to tailor every rating towards the post in question. I just made sure to actually give a rating to each post because, ratings.
Just take then all in a silly-tomfoolery way, and don't take the "Negative" one's seriously and you'd be on the mark. :P

• Useful
I often use the Bucket of Rainbows quite often because I am afraid of members in my RP getting jealous if I Like someone's post or Love it. Like I am giving the other person too much attention. So instead everyone gets a god damn rainbow and they are going to god damn like it.
I tend to favor using the cookie rating because I like to give out cookies! It's meant as that's a nice post here have a cookie for it!
I am also fond of using the ratings in snarky ways, like giving people useful and cookie ratings for being dumb.
Dear @Greenie! Ah, sincerity! Another hopeful illusion shattered!

Yeah, I tend to assume the cookie is snarky -- unless I know the cookie-giver somewhat and know they aren't a person of snarkisms. Basically rendering the cookie rating ambiguous.

I also saw that GMs may tend to give everyone strokes (Like, Love, Rainbows) so there will be no ruffled feathers, whether your post was crap or not. Sure, I can understand that. No one wants the townspeople coming after you with a pitchfork.

Still, I would like to see some more neutral options added for ratings. I don't give ratings that often because I like it to convey a certain meaning and often the fit isn't right. But here, have a flying rainbow cookie delivered by a drunken hug monster! (Actually, I kind of like that. Can we create it?)

• Nice Execution!
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Dear @Greenie! Ah, sincerity! Another hopeful illusion shattered!

Yeah, I tend to assume the cookie is snarky -- unless I know the cookie-giver somewhat and know they aren't a person of snarkisms. Basically rendering the cookie rating ambiguous.

I also saw that GMs may tend to give everyone strokes (Like, Love, Rainbows) so there will be no ruffled feathers, whether your post was crap or not. Sure, I can understand that. No one wants the townspeople coming after you with a pitchfork.

Still, I would like to see some more neutral options added for ratings. I don't give ratings that often because I like it to convey a certain meaning and often the fit isn't right. But here, have a flying rainbow cookie delivered by a drunken hug monster! (Actually, I kind of like that. Can we create it?)
o.o I never use the cookie as a snarky rating. DX No one sees my snarkiness or well maybe a few. But the rating is meant to be something to appreciate what you posted. Who the hell doesn't want a cookie? DX They are so gooooood.

• Love
Who the hell doesn't want a cookie?
Totally agree with that!

I think once you've been here long enough, you do know when what rating is given for what reason :D Like my above post to Gwazi hadn't actually been serious.

o.o I never use the cookie as a snarky rating. DX No one sees my snarkiness or well maybe a few. But the rating is meant to be something to appreciate what you posted. Who the hell doesn't want a cookie? DX They are so gooooood.

Noted! Your cookies are laced with goodness.

Unlike some others that we won't mention here...oh no, we won't! :darkside:

Totally agree with that!

I think once you've been here long enough, you do know when what rating is given for what reason :D Like my above post to Gwazi hadn't actually been serious.
NEVER GIVE GWAZI A COOKIE D< I MADE THE MISTAKE ONCE

• Useful
Like others have said, I also pretty much never use the cookie as a snarky rating. o.o

Reactions: Kitti and Greenie
I tend to default view the cookies and hugs as condescending or backhanded most of the time, even though I know they probably aren't.

Probably speaks volumes to me as a person. >_>

• Bucket of Rainbows
I tend to default view the cookies and hugs as condescending or backhanded most of the time, even though I know they probably aren't.

Hmm

>.>
<.<

*hugs and hands cookies*

Soooorry couldn't resist.

I almost instinctively tried to click the hug rating and it took me a second to realize why I probably shouldn't do that based on the content of your post.

I think that says a lot about both of us. o_o"

Great o.o Now I'm tempted to give Kaga a hug too.

:'D I'm sorry! I'm just in a very trollish mood today!

Status
Not open for further replies.