The Rapture OOC

I'll be updating the "Additional Info" post periodically throughout today.

I will be making the IC sometime this weekend. There's still time for many more to join at any point.

Name: Yuri
miner.png

<!-- / message -->

mother......fucker.

how is it possible that tnt and I BOTH name characters Yuri and have their appearence based off Helghast troopers.

furthermore, how weird is it that the following is also the same between characters
1. both are ex russian soldiers.
2. both are proficient with sniper rifles

and then theres the possible both from the zone connection....

0.o

Ummm..... If there are problems, talk to each other? Communication is the best line of defense against war?

True as that may be, no one plan survives first contact with the enemy.

Bite me.

Anyways, I'm fine with anyone else joining at any point. This doesn't have to be just:

IT'S COLD OUT. THERE'S A WARM SPOT. WE HAVE GUNS. LET'S HAVE A SHOOT OUT.

I love you, Amp.

Well, I had no idea that your character was named Yuri...or any idea about your character at all, no offence. I'm fine with changing my name, but I'M KEEPING THE MINER LOOK...and he's going to remain a sniper.

Anywho, Ryker, are we still on for being a two man squad?

Name: Leonardo Saint
Group/religion: Christianity
Height: 5'11
Weight: 140lbs

Appearance:
a5cfb0ce743a7b6e.jpg

Personality:

Outer- Reserved, with smiles to spare for those that amuse him; but once you get to know him, Leon becomes trusting to a fault. One who seems to have different levels of faith, sometimes it seeming to not apply completely to God. A man who seems to be waiting for something to happen, often losing opportunities because of it unless driven in the right direction by another person. Sometimes sleepwalks, often causing trouble in places where he had been resting for the night.

Inner- Opinionatedly passive, with a few morals to guide him through life. Rather intelligent when he puts in the effort, almost like a detective of sorts. But being human, he also does not catch onto everything. Traumatically scarred by fire just as he had been physically and fears it, though in a reduced degree now because of a spiritual journey. His soul longs for a reunion with a father that raised him up to be a good man. But that is not his only interest, since his hobbies often include searching for a woman that might accept his scarred body. Though he believes this woman does not exist, many females pushed away by the obsession revealed beneath his placid surface. Yet beneath all this, there still seems to be something else lurking as well. . . something mysterious and powerful.

Set of beliefs/morals:

Kindness toward strangers.
Help those seeking redemption.
Punish the wicked.
Child Molesters should die.
Cannibalism is wrong.
Beastiality is wrong.
Rape is wrong.
Believes in God. . . but not entirely sure God would want the extremist Christians or other fanatical cults he has seen.

History:

Leonardo grew up with his family and a group of other Christians inside the ruins of a an old but large train station. Each family had their own train car to live in since it was not an amazingly huge group. But what truly made it feel like God was watching over them were the strong stone walls which kept out more cold than just living out in the open. Rather than just sit there day to day however, the group constantly tried to close the gaps which let cold in through knowledge of carpentry handed down through word of mouth.

It worked.

Soon afterward though, food in the area started to run low . . . as if God were testing them to see how the morals of these followers would hold up under strain. Fearing they might not survive the fast, his parents passed down to him a treasured family heirloom: a one foot long pure silver cross. What they did not understand is WHY they would not survive. . . until later that night. In the dead of night other followers who were starving broke into the train and silently abducted Leonardo's parents after having taken a vote.

A vote on who would be sacrificed to feed the others.

Leonardo awoke to the sounds of his parents screaming in pain, running out of the train car just as they killed his father and started to tie his unclothed corpse onto a large sacrificial rotisserie. The young boy had a look of horror illuminated by the light of dancing flames which started to lick at his father's body like the tongues of devils. His blue eyes frantically searched for his mother, seeing her still alive but held back by members of the group. Instead of running toward her though, he decided it would be better to cause a distraction considering he was vastly outnumbered.

Saint sprinted toward a woodpile and picked up a 2x4, wrapped one end in the cloth of his shirt, and then ran over to where his father's body was being burned. Now of course at this point the group noticed him but it was too late. He had started to light the wooden sections of their shelter which had been constructed on fire.

They would all burn just as his father was being made to burn.

Leonardo freed his mother and the two ran for their lives amidst the confusion and chaos. But just as they reached the exit, several of the cannibalistic followers engulfed in fire appeared. The burning men and women tackled his mother to the ground while also coming after him. Concerned only with saving the only family he had left, the young man fought with the followers. In the process part of his face around the right eye and cheek, part of his hands, and part of his chest were burned until Leonardo struck a blunt killing blow to the head for each one using the Silver Cross.

Both finally escaped, with his mother tending to both of their wounds. Yet with little food the already starving matron did not survive more than a few days after the incident. Leonardo was then on his own, figuring he had nothing to lose now, the young man went back to the train station to see if he could salvage any warm clothing. Finding the place abandoned, he found enough clothing to make crude bandages to cover his burns along with a crisp white trench coat which the ex-leader of the group had used only during ceremonies. Saint took this as his own and then started to wander for the rest of the day before collapsing.

His emaciated and bandaged body now almost resembled that of an Egyptian mummy with a foot long Silver Cross in his coat. But finally his prayers were answered as it just so happened that night he was picked up by a group of peaceful animistic followers. Over time they nourished him back to health and he has been with them ever since. Yet an interesting side note is that he has not tried to convert anyone to Christianity during this time. . .

Good good good! I LOVE IT, MAN!

it was more of a

"HOSHIT LOOK AT THE SIMILARITIES! SHIT IS AWESOME!"

than a

'YOO STOLED MAH CHARACTAR! ME WHINE!"

Reactions: 1 person
Ah. All is good then. I'm still trying to work out a back story. I plan on having Yuri and Feydorov meeting sometime after Yuri leaves his unit. Or we could have their first meeting take place in the IC. Ryker, what's your opinion?

YAY! Ok, well, the IC will be up soon.

Feydorov: Hmm...

I will call you (Mabu's characther)...

Bolshevik Yuri...

And I will call you (WMD's character)...

Babushka Yuri, simply because you look like my younger brother.

Ok, I've given Yuri a background. And yes, it's supposed to be vague and mysterious.

my Yuri isnt involved in this one.

although feel free to NPC him Ryker.