The Race for the Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hipster Rin

Original poster
To: The Cahill Family
Regarding: The Last Will and Testament of Grace Cahill

This letter is to inform you that you have been named in the will of the late Grace Cahill. Your inheritance is not gold, jewels, or money. Instead, it is a staggering opportunity - the chance to hunt for the 39 clues.

You may have never been told, but you are a member of the Cahill family - the most powerful family the world has ever known. The 39 clues lead to the source of the Cahill family's power, and the person to find it will receive a reward beyond measure.

Good luck, you're going to need it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
This roleplay is based off of the 39 Clues book series. Basically, there has been a centuries long search for clues left behind by the Cahill family's first ancestor, Gideon Cahill. Every Cahill alive today is descended from him and his four children, Luke (Lucian), Katherine (Ekaterina), Thomas (Tomas), and Jane (Janus). While your characters may not have the last name of Cahill (only certain people will, and that will be explained later) they are all distant members of the family, searching for 39 individual clues. Notable people in history have been in the Cahill family, and have also participated in this clue hunt. If you've read the books, you'll know most of this, and if you haven't, I recommend Googling it, or something, to make sure you get the adequate 'feel' of the series, because I'm awful at explaining things like this.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cahill Family Branches

• Overview:

The Lucians are known for their leadership skills, love for poisons, and the endless amount of wealth. Lucians use a special algorithmic code to communicate that is known only to them. The Lucians even created the Enigma Code during World War II.

The Lucians are some of the greatest spies and leaders the world has ever known. They are generally feared as they are known to be ruthless. The Lucians have come the closest to finding all 39 Clues. The Lucians now dominate the world as presidents, kings, world leaders etc.

Branch Founder: Luke Cahill
    Historic Lucians: Theodore Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, Napoleon Bonaparte
    Current Branch Head: TBA

• latest
    Overview:

Ekaterinas are known to be clever and inventive, and the most famous scientists and inventors were Ekats. Ekaterinas excel in engineering, math and patterns, and the sciences.

Generally speaking, Ekaterinas are known as the most intelligent of the four Cahill branches, with a brilliant and creative mind. Though not as dangerous as the Lucians, Ekaterinas have been known to commit murder as well.

Branch Founder: Katherine Cahill
    Historic Ekats: Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein, Wright Brothers, Howard Carter

• latest

Overview:
    Most Tomas are shown to be stubborn and very headstrong. They are also known to try to prove people wrong when they say something is impossible. They are also shown to be a pioneering branch as they are the first ones to climb Mount Everest and put a man on the moon. They believe in their superior strength which leads them to the behavior of "break in first, ask questions later". The other branches think the Tomas lack brains, although this belief proven wrong as it is shown that they have complex strongholds. It is quite possible that the branch has some smarts and is hiding them to be later used as a secret weapon to find some other thing of importance.

The Tomas could also be said to be the most honorable of the Cahill Branches in that their direct and confrontational approach meant that they are the least likely to resort to underhanded methods that the other Branches are well-known for.

Branch Founder: Thomas Cahill
    Historic Tomas: Shaka Zulu, Annie Oakley, George Washington, George Mallory, Neil Armstrong

• latest
    Overview:

Members of the Janus branch are very artistic and creative, but can also be extremely impulsive. They are writers, artists, designers and musicians. The Janus also excel in the martial arts, being beautiful and amazing to watch (unlike someone shooting a gun). Almost all famous directors, song writers, painters, or poets are from the Janus Branch.

Branch Founder: Jane Cahill
    Historic Janus: Emperor Puyi, Pablo Picasso, Vincent van Gogh, John Lennon, Mark Twain, Dr. Suess

_______________________________________________________________________________________

• Don't be rude: Pretty standard rule. Treat people how you'd like to be treated in OOC. I honestly don't care how your character treats other characters, but you need to be nice yourself!

• Characters: You can have a character from all branches, as long as you rp responsibly, but don't have one character be able to best everyone all at once. That's stupid and no one likes that.

• Madrigals and Vespers: If you've read the books, you know what these two things are. To anyone who doesn't know, you'll definitely know later. For now, don't worry about it, they may come into play later in the roleplay.

• Branch Heads: All you have to do is ask, but you'll have to let me ask in return to please try to be active. Children of branch heads are cool, too, as long as you have their permission, and there's not like...hundreds of them.

• Censored Content: I know I put a graphic warning on this, but still, if someone asks you to chill out, please do. I don't want to pay for someone's therapy visits because you decided to tell us how to turn little Timmy's guts into a pair of boots. Just...no. Also sexual content. Don't put anything over...Iunno...kissing, I guess, on the thread. Get a room. Or a private chat. But still.

• Canon Characters: None in this roleplay, apart from Grace Cahill, but we kind of need her. And she's dead.

• Application Posts: Must be PM'ed to me first, and if I approve them, then they can be posted on this page for others to look at. Feel free to chat on this page, though, because this will be our OOC page as well.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Username:
Name:
Branch:
Looks:
Skills:
Flaws:
History:
Other:

I kind of want my characters to be the kids of the Lucian leader, so my forms may need to be put on hold for a bit, till I get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.