The Rabbit and the Snake

She hurried up to him. "Wait...Thank you, again. For saving my life...Er...Could I perhaps by you dinner? It isn't much but it's the least I could do." She said, looking nervous.

Zack lifted her off her feet and carried her back inside.

"You shouldn't go outside in your pajamas." He said playfully smiling at her, "Dinner would be appreciated. What time shall we meet?"

He backed outside the door, not wanting to invade her home. All Zack wanted to do was make sure she was indoors whilst she was in her night clothes. If she had been prepared to leave her house, Zack would invite her along to go on his walk throughout the city, but he with held the offer for a later time,

She thought about it. "Would you be avalible say...tomorrow around five for dinner?" She asked, flashing him a greatful smile. She tensed when he picked her up, not sure what he was going to do, but then relaxed when he set her down and backed away. Her cat came running to them suddenly and started to purr and rub and against his legs.

Perhaps a rather odd quirk about Zack was that he loved cats. He pat it lightly on the head, but that was all not wanting to frighten it or offend its owner. Zack owned a black cat himself, but it was genetically mutated, thus most cats and people were not accepting of him like Zack was. Zack was genetically mutated himself so he understood quite well how the cat felt. Should people know his real name, they would discover that he was genetic mutation seeing as it blared on the news almost everyday about a missing experiment. Thus far he had been able to hide from the masses.

"I believe I will be free around that time. Please, do not go wandering alone. The streets are not kind to rays of sunshine like yourself. It would be a travesty if someone as beautiful as you was harmed." Zack said lightly.

He turned and continued on his stroll down the streets not really caring about how much time he wasted doing the same things he did everyday.

Suddenly tired, she gently closed the door and locked it, even going so far as to move a kicthen chair in front of the door in case something else should happen. She sighed and trudged up to bed and crawled under the sheets, feeling her cat pounce on her feet and curl up, still purring.

Around midday, Zack finds himself getting hungry and he wanders the city in search of a meal. There were many places that had steaks, but hardly any that served them rare. Zack was preferably looking for an eating contest and he failed at finding one. Eventually he settled for a Hamburger pLace at which he could earn a prize for eating ten burgers in under an hour. He succeeded in doing this and got a free meal plus a deluxe Hamburger pLace t-shirt. He rather swallowed the burgers whole. With the mutation in Zack's DNA, he was able to do this by extending his jaw. Thus winning the challenge pretty easily.

As it rolled closer to five o' clock and her dinner date, she showered and dabbed on a little make up and otherwise got ready. She knew dinner wasn't quite enough to repay the man who had saved her life twice within 24 hours, but at least she could thank him.

Zack dressed very nicely for his dinner date. He was quite attractive and many people turned their heads when he walked by, though he didn't pay attention to it at all. He arrived at the girl's house with a bouquet of flowers. He hoped to learn her name whilst on the date or in the next few minutes. The limo was right on time for it appeared no sooner than Zack had rang the door bell.

She heard the doorbell ring and hurried to answer it. She slowly and hesitantly opened her door, but then smiled when she saw who it was. "You look nice." She said, and then saw the flowers. "Those are beautiful." She said, gently taking one and smelling it.

"These flowers are only tools I use to see your beautiful smile." Zack said, a seductive smile on his face, "We must make haste, our limo is here."

Zack opened the door for her. Blondes... his one true weakness. Almost the majority of them were gorgeous and this girl was no exception. She was gorgeous in every way from legs to face. He smiled. Zack congratulated himself and rather changed his goal. Why eat her when he could simply have her to keep? He smiled. Yes, he would try that. His charm should be enough or maybe the fact that Zack was a little over protective and he would need to change his name. If she found out who he was, she might not want to go on this little date with him and for some reason, the thought scared Zack.

She paused. A limo? "Oh." She breathed, but then seemed a little troubled by it. "But...You really didn't have to...I mean...I just wanted to thank you for saving my life." Not to mention multipal times. She set the flowers on the counter and grabbed her purse and keys and locked up behind her.

Zack smiled, "A beautiful person such as yourself deserves the best. Don't you think? Coming to dinner with me is thanks enough."

Zack had a very dashing smile. It gave one the feeling as though they were staring at royalty rather than a commoner. In some ways, he was indeed royalty. He was filthy rich and probably the prince of all genetic mutations. He was the perfect human or rather, the perfect mutant. However, there was someone more powerful than he and it was after the girl he was going on a dinner date with. Perhaps that was just his luck all together.

"Thank you." She breathed, captivated by his smile. She wondered who this man was, and suddenly wondered if she had ever gotten his name from him. "I'm not sure if I ever got your name or not." She said once they had climbed into the limo.

Zack would not give away his real name just yet, so casually he replied, "Reita. How about yours? While we are doing introductions."

Zack, or rather Reita, preferred to keep a mysterious air about him. Most females could not resist a man with a mystery. If you left them wanting to know more, they stayed longer. However, it was wise not to play such a card for too long. So let things out in moderation. Reita was thinking of all this just so that he did not tarnish his own plans.

"Katie." She said, glancing at him. He was definetly cute she had to give him that. But yet...she could swear she had seen the man's eyes before. "So, do you have a particular place in mind?" She asked.

Reita smiled, "Only the best. To the Retalian if you will, driver."
The Retalian was probably one of the most expensive and best diners in all the city. It was highly possible that Katie had never been there. Reita blinked and his eyes changed from hazel to brown.

She stared at him with a little surprise. Did his eyes just change color? She could have sworn they were hazel only two seconds ago before he blinked just then. But then the restarunt he had named clicked in her mind and her eyes widened. She had never been there before, as it wouldn't suit her wallet. "The Retalian? Are you for real?" She breathed, but then blushed. "But um...that place is a little expensive for me." She admitted, glancing out of the black tinted window.

"I'm apalled! Did you really think I was going to make you pay? I'm a gentlemen of the sorts and I'd rather go broke then let a woman pay for my bills."
The limo stopped and Reita held out his hand for the girl to grab. Reita was indeed a gentleman and he would do anything to assure the safety of a woman in his care. Needless to say, he could care less about the public itself. He was not responsible for them at any given time of the day.

She frowned a little but otherwise remained silent, seeing as she wasn't winning the argument. She took his hand and stared out of the window as the limo pulled up to their destination, and her eyes widened slightly. There was a wishing well out front that sprayed water high into the air, and there were tall plants with decoritive lighting wrapped around them. The place was beautiful. She had dreamed of going here one day, but she had never actually believed she would. She could already taste the fine food and wine.

"Well time to tarry. Shall we dine on the finest food tonight? I'd reccomend the mint salad. Or the carrot potato soup, with a little bit of celery?"

He was accounting for the fact that the girl probably didn't eat meat. From that time he had looked her fridge and saw no meat in there whatsoever. Reita was beginning to wonder how the girl could possibly live on vegetables alone. He would never know, but Reita ate meat and he would be eating some tonight, but this time it wouldn't be the girl.