The Pyramid of Jokes and Crowns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry about it, I'm not leaving about any comment in particular. Just that we are wasting way too much time over something very iffy and me just losing any hope that this role play will ever start at all.
I'm confused. Which part do you find iffy? xD

Im just gonna also point out I have nothing against boy x boy relationships IRL. I dislike them in manga/anime though only because the characters involved are all identical to each other between series so there's no reason to actually read it - you know exactly what's going to happen.

Reactions: Esmeray
I'm confused. Which part do you find iffy? xD
The fact that someone had to feel bad about something they posted says enough, doesn't it? c:

The fact that someone had to feel bad about something they posted says enough, doesn't it? c:
Not really. If we all gave up after silly misunderstandings then nothing would ever get done. Leaving and over reacting to things doesn't really help this rp get up and running either.

It's your choice though, if you don't think you are going to have any fun with it then there is no point in staying.

• Love
Reactions: Headphones
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset everyone with my comment. I thought the GM was aware that it was based off of Caste Heaven because on the website there was a pyramid from the manga. But apparently they were not.

Please don't leave this role play because of me. And also keep in mind that regardless of whether the gm liked the manga or not, they were still reading a boy x boy manga so I find it hard to believe they don't approve of gay people. The manga, relies heavily on rape as a theme, so that was the reason that they had such strong feelings about it.

@Wicked @WishfulNemo

@Headphones
Once again I apologize, I thought everybody knew about it.

I'll withdraw my interest. (Not because I liked the manga, because I didn't, but because I feel like a homewrecker). Have a good day.
Poly, I insist that you stay. Nobody has left because of you. The GM did know about it, he just didn't like the manga and wanted to just explain why he didn't like it. Nothing against you, or anyone here. ^^

Poly, I insist that you stay. Nobody has left because of you. The GM did know about it, he just didn't like the manga and wanted to just explain why he didn't like it. Nothing against you, or anyone here. ^^
@Polystical Excatly! If you want to play, don't worry!

Here is the sheet of my character, Vladimir. The following will be required of you to fill out or write down, perhaps not as much, but relatively similar. I won't require a history, since it's a bit more interesting to reveal it as the story progresses. (And because I know you all hate histories XD). However, if you wish to write it down, I won't mind reading it at all! I love long sheets. =D

newcreate.php
Identification
|| Full name ||
Vladimir Petkov

|| Nicknames ||
Vlad ( with classmates, acquaintances and friends),
Dimi ( with family )

Date of Birth: 27th November
[ Sagittarius ]

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

|| Nationality ||
Czech/Australian

|| Hometown ||
Brno, Czech Republic

|| Occupation ||
1. student in high school
2. part-time employee at "Sinbad's", a duner fast food place, on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday

|| Themesong ||
"Hounds"by Yoko Kanno

• Parents: Václav Petkov (Vatzlav) and Darina Petkovova
    Siblings: Milosh Petkov ( younger brother )
    Relatives: Zora Shanovova ( aunt ), Jacob Shanov ( younger cousin )
    Romantic Relationships: None at the moment, but has dated two girls thus far, the first being Elen Huntington, with whom he was for about a month, and the second being Anna Jezek, whom he stayed with for three months.
    Partner(s): He neither has a romantic partner, nor a "partner in crime".
    Friends: Liam Caro ( 17-year old male student; studies in Brno ),
    Burhan Sheehy ( 18-year-old male student; studies in Brno ),
    Roman Valenta ( 18-year-old male student; studies in Brno ),
    Jan Florian ( 18-year-old male student, studies in Woodstine high-school )
    Argi Allaway ( 16-year-old male student; works part-time at "Sindbad's", the owner of which is his father; studies at Woodstine high-school ),
    "Karasu" ( presumably 17 years old; Internet gamer friend ),
    "Yukinatsu" ( presumably 16-year-old; Internet gamer friend )
    Acquaintances: Angela Caro ( 17-year-old female student, studies in Brno ),
    Daniel Blackwood ( 22-year old; has a pawn shop in Hamel ),
    Stanley Allaway ( 42-year-old man; owner of "Sinbad's"; father of Argi ),
    Aisha Allaway ( 38-year-old mother of Argi ),
    Lamia Allaway ( 7-year-old sister of Argi ),
    Mathew Allaway ( 10-year-old brother of Argi )
    and many others.
    Allies: Gino Savio Raul Pellegrino ( 29-year-old man; lawyer ) and some others
    Enemies: As far as he knows, none.​
Miscellaneous

• Classes: Biology, Psychology

Activities: Learning new facts about various aspects of life, most of which seem meaningless;
    Taking steady walks, Wandering around narrow streets;
    Casually patrolling around with a small group of friends without a plan;
    Small house parties, the purpose of which is not to simply go and get drunk.
    Qualities: Patience; thoughtfulness; a good sense of humor; wise and careful judgement; aspiration for the future (even if that aspiration is to search for a purpose or idea for the future).

Flavors: Spicy, sweet, salty

Animals: deep sea creatures; birds; marsupials; extinct mammals, birds and fish.

Music: with meaningful lyrics, instrumentals

Other (non-materialistic): Freedom, Conspiracy, Order, the Environment, Traveling

Other (materialistic): clouds, crosswords

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Mundane Monster
@Polystical Excatly! If you want to play, don't worry!

Here is the sheet of my character, Vladimir. The following will be required of you to fill out or write down, perhaps not as much, but relatively similar. I won't require a history, since it's a bit more interesting to reveal it as the story progresses. (And because I know you all hate histories XD). However, if you wish to write it down, I won't mind reading it at all! I love long sheets. =D

Question. Where does it say what rank he is in the pyramid? Also which of the roles has already been taken? I'm thinking of wanting Jack or the lower cards but not sure. xD

Character Holder

Since the roles change each time there's no point declaring the role. Also I think GM said it would be determined by dice roll.

• Thank You
...Then I suppose, I shall reserve a spot. :)

• Love
Question. Where does it say what rank he is in the pyramid? Also which of the roles has already been taken? I'm thinking of wanting Jack or the lower cards but not sure. xD
Exactly as @Yokai says, I'll be rolling dice to determine who gets which rank =3 In this way the roles will be distributed fair and square.

Thus far we have seven certain players, four boys and three girls, four 17-year-olds and three 16-year-olds. With the three of you, Poly, Yokai and Vio, we have ten possible players, if you will be players in the game, of course. We need twelve players though, so spread the word, if you like, to any prospectus users =3

...Then I suppose, I shall reserve a spot. :)
I'm happy you weren't frightened off. =3

• Thank You
Speaking of which, I forgot I needed to make a character. This may take a while.

Speaking of which, I forgot I needed to make a character. This may take a while.
If you need helping with the picture, I'm a pro at finding image material, so feel free to ask.~
Don't worry, but make sure to finish by the end of the week. Hopefully, that shall be enough time. =3

• Love
Plenty of time. The hardest bit will be finding a picture that fits the character, cos it'll then end up meaning I have to change the entire character because the image is wrong. I might start with an image this time though. Since there's no magic, there's no reason to build around a power I want to use as I usually do.

hmm I had a good idea. What if I make a character who's already mentally impaired, to see how the experiment works on them?

tumblr_n167g4WwND1rtxhy1o1_400.jpg

Art Credit goes to prinnay
Hey There!

Full name: Malaika Gilligan
Nickname: Mally
Date of Birth: September 15th
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Nationality: 1/2 Tanzanian 1/2 African American
Hometown: She was born in Dodoma, Tanzania but moved to New York City when she was less than a year old, and then eventually moved to the UK.
Theme Song:
The people that make me want to either be a better person or commit mass murder

Parents: Bianca Gilligan (Mother/Alive) - - Faraji Ba (Father/Unknown)
Siblings: n/a
Relatives: Denise Gilligan (Aunt/Alive), Michael Gilligan (Uncle/Alive), India Gilligan (Cousin/Alive), Nathaniel (Cousin/Alive), Janine Gilligan (Cousin/Alive).
Romantic Relationships: One of her regular customers winks at her a lot, does that count?
Partner(s): n/a
Friends: Pending...
Acquaintances: Pending...
Allies: Pending...
Enemies: Pending...
It's what's on the inside that matters

Likes: Food, running track, dogs with floppy ears, bubblegum, cars with customized horns, pop, being told to slow down when eating, being told maybe she should cut back on her calorie intake.
Dislikes: Water (she'll drink it but she hates the taste), annoying/indecisive customers, gophers, being hungry, working out (but she does it so she doesn't get overweight).
Favorite Sayings: Food has the power to solve everything.
Most Prized Possession: Dubear - The only thing she has from her father. It's an extremely old and tattered bear that's been mended over and over again but basically looks like crap. But she loves it.
Literary Arts - French
But what's on the outside sure does help

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 159 lbs
Body Build: Pleasantly curvy. She's not overweight, but she's not a skinny mini either.
Eye Color: Dark brown
Hair Color: Naturally, her hair is black but she permanently dyed it brown so she could dye it different colors. At the moment it's a pleasant dark shade of purple.
Complexion and Skin Tone:
She has dark brown skin and like most teenagers she has a couple of bumps and a bit of acne, but not too much. She has her so despised water to thank for that.
Voice: Lupita Nyong'o
Style: Sporty-ish, she tends to wear cute hoodies and fitted t-shirts. She also likes wearing skinny jeans or cute shorts and tennis shoes.
Nervous Tics: When she gets nervous she'll chew on a straw if she has one or she'll eat whatever she has on hand. (She carries snacks just for these occasions.)
Is my brain in top form or mush? It's a mystery. Just kidding...

Personality: Malaika is a carefree girl who hates to be restricted. She wants to do what she wants at her own pace without being rushed, and can get flustered when she's put under pressure. However her stress levels decrease greatly when she is given an incentive like food or money (to buy food). When it comes to school and the pyramid, Malaika tends to only be laid back when she's in a position where she can avoid getting bullied. But if she does end up low on the totem pole, she'll turn make an extreme effort to make as many friend in high places as she can to avoid harassment.

When it comes to social situations, Malaika isn't a loner, but she doesn't actively make friends. Most of her friends either ended up being regulars at Galaxy Burger, they got assigned to her group in class and they happened to hit it off or Malaika made friends with them after getting a crap card. On the subject of the game, Malaika would love it if she didn't even have to worry about the idiotic system, but she doesn't try to dismantle it, she also doesn't opt out of the game either. The reason she doesn't become a 'bad girl' or a floater is because she isn't weird enough to be a floater and she never transferred in and she never became a delinquent because she's not a dick. Even if she doesn't approve of the rules, she'll still follow them because she doesn't want to deal with the consequences of breaking them, plus her mother would kill her if she ever got in trouble with the law or kicked out of school. Plus, Malaika, like most humans, crave contact and most of her friends are involved in the game and she would feel guilty if she dropped them.

Malaika is also a day dreamer who's mind if filled to the brim with creativity. When she's bored in class or just bored in general, she'll float into the clouds and thinks of new scenarios and whether she would be cute as a giraffe etc. Sometimes if the daydream is good enough, she'll write a short story based on it, but she doesn't share the stories with anyone but her family, because they're biased with their criticisms and will love her works regardless.
Languages: Swahili, French, English
Fears and Phobias: Losing her mother and being cornered.
Hobbies: Running track, working, shopping for hair ornaments, visiting the pound to play with the dogs/cats, playing extreme* games with her cousins.
Skills:
Cooking
Fast and has high stamina
Multilingual
Creative Writing
Strengths: She's relatively good at adapting
She's thorough when it comes to working or forming friendships
She can eat anything (if its food)
Weaknesses:
She can be too lazy for her own good if there's no incentive
She's a follower not a leader
She can't fight
*Her cousins and her tend to roughhouse to the point of involving physical violence in simple games such as monopoly or go fish.

Last edited:
  • Love
hmm I had a good idea. What if I make a character who's already mentally impaired, to see how the experiment works on them?
I love characters with a few screws loose~ Though @parkpyro already made a character with a split personality..., yah, pyro, we need to talk. First of all, are you still interested in playing, because, if you are, you really need to remake your sheet, since Hagen is a bit too over the top with his "knows all kinds of combat" trait. You can have one fighting style, at most two, and it needs to be backed by a solid background. Not to mention you need to write a much longer "Personality" section, seeing as you want to have not one but two people in one person's head.

Still, @Yokai , if you want to have a character with multiple personalities, I don't mind. What kind of mental illness do you have in mind?

All of them... nah, she's gonna have some problems but they're gonna range through several different disorders. Not MPD though since I reckon it's out of place here. It's also bloody difficult to describe well. It's like OCD. A lot of people have no idea what it actually is.

All of them... nah, she's gonna have some problems but they're gonna range through several different disorders. Not MPD though since I reckon it's out of place here. It's also bloody difficult to describe well. It's like OCD. A lot of people have no idea what it actually is.
I reckon it's along the lines of the following:

I quote the description of the video:​
NOTE: We understand that OCD is a serious mental disorder that significantly affects the lives of millions of people (including Rhett's wife). This song is not intended to make fun of people with OCD, but rather to demonstrate and poke fun at the tendency of so many people to point out things that are off-center, off-balance, etc. and say "It's driving my OCD crazy!" We have an extensive discussion about this very thing, as well as what OCD really is, on this episode of Good Mythical Morning:
Thanks - R&L​

Alright here we go...

ecchi%20(815).jpg
Long, unstyled brown hair, purple eyes, very very pale skin. Looks permanently exhausted. Wears no make-up - she can't afford it - although doesn't suffer from any significant skin conditions so it isn't too important for her. She has a very limited wardrobe. On weekdays she wears the uniform of her previous school albeit with the school's logo removed. She has 2 outfits for weekends, although usually wears a faded nondescript jumper over it anyway. She also has an expensive-looking white dress for special occasions. She is quite short, about 150cm tall, and considerably under-weight. (not sure what modifier to apply to the average for this one though)

|| Full name ||
Kirisaki Shizuka (Kirisaki is the family name)

|| Nicknames ||
It is my firm belief that no one can pick their own nickname.

Date of Birth: 31 August

Sexual Orientation: Asexual - or if she does have an orientation, she can't tell what it is.

|| Nationality ||
Japanese/British

|| Hometown ||
Hinamizawa - a small mountain town in Japan.

|| Occupation ||
Student

|| Themesong ||
I have a lot of "insane" songs, but I think I'll go with this one:
Gumi/Rin - Disappearance Addiction

Relations:
Parents: Kirisaki Tomoya (Father - Alcoholic), Anne Mason (Mother - Deceased.)
Siblings: None
Relatives: Aunt - Deceased. Uncle - Deceased. Cousin - Deceased.
Romantic Relationships: None. Had one in the past, (A very long time ago) who is now deceased.
Partner(s): None.
Friends: Several, all deceased or moved far away.
Allies: Therapist - John Holmes.
Enemies: None that she knows of.

Personality:
Shizuka is typically withdrawn and shy, and will make no attempt to speak to anyone. If she is spoken to, she will remain primarily silent, making as short answers as possible. She is prone to random outbursts due to her hallucinations and delusions, during which times she can be incredibly dangerous. Shizuka has been diagnosed with Schizophrenia, extreme paranoia and partial Bipolar disorder.
As far as other students are concerned, this means that:
1 - Hallucinations - she is prone to seeing, hearing and feeling things that aren't actually there.
2 - Delusions - She thinks that something is true even though any normal person knows that it's not. ( for a surprisingly accurate explanation of delusions, see Chaos;Head)
3 - disorganised speech - she speaks very quickly or very slowly, rarely at a normal speed. She will often change topic mid-sentence and completely forget what she was previously talking about.
4 - she will never make eye contact with you, and her eyes will always flicker around, taking in everything except your gaze.

5 - She thinks that everything is out to "get" her - that the whole world is against her. This can lead to extreme acts of desperation, including violence.

6 - She can and will change between moods at the drop of a hat. Though they are rapid and vary between which mood she changes to, they are always regular - she will change mood every 4 hours.

Leaving most of this out, so that it's more fun to describe her actions.

Classes:
Life Sciences, with Japanese as her language choice.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.