The Pure and the Cursed

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Alright..." Erinn looked over at him, worried before moving through the rest of her shopping. The two ghosts noticed the angel, flying over to him in curiosity. They didn't try talking to him, knowing their lesson from trying to speak to other people. The third moved to follow Erinn. "How are you?" She asked the ghost, surprising the young man.

"Scared." He admitted. "Am I dead?" He asked, unsure of himself. Erinn took a good look at him before nodding. The man looked ready to cry at the small nod. "But, I didn't want to die yet..."

Dazielle let the other one go knowing he still had time for his goodbyes. He kept walking until he was in an alley that he knew was rarely traveled. Then he spoke to the ghosts. "Hello! You two time is up! Also your souls are very clean. Heaven it is for you two. Questions quickly?" he asked with a chuckle. Something about the two made him uneasy. They seemed clean though. Their souls would only be further judged by God. He just had to spend them to Him.

((I am so so sorry! I thought I replied to this already!))

The two ghosts looked at each other. "There really is a God?" One asked. The other looked confident, holding a cross necklace that the ghost had died wearing. It seemed that the first ghost was scared, afraid of this being called God.

Back with the third ghost, Erinn gave the ghost a sympathetic look. "Not many people do... but it sort of just happens." She knew that more than a few people were staring at her now, wondering just what the hell she was talking about. "If you don't mind me asking, how did you die?" She asked.

Dazielle nodded sharply once. He sighed. "You will meet Him shortly. He is a very merciful man you might have heard. Maybe He will even ignore that last comment!" he said with a chuckle as he called upon the light. "Just step through there. It is much easier that way. I could always take you the other way, but God prefers we bring you this way," he explained to the two. He just wanted to hurry it along. Something about leaving the third ghost with her was starting to bother him.

The ghost seemed to freeze at the question. "Can I tell you outside?" He asked, not liking the stares of the people. Erinn nodded and quickly got the rest of the things she needed, humming a bit to herself. Unlike the child ghost before, this was no ghost at all. He smirked, knowing exactly what he was to do with the girl when he got her alone. If that troublesome angel would just leave her alone, then maybe...

The angel felt only more panicky and rushed the other two inside the light quickly. He turned tail and raced by to Erinn. He pulled his scythe out as he ran. He was glad humans were usually unable to see it. He ran through the back of the cafe seeing it as the fastest way. Everyone paused and looked at him as he looked like a crazy beautiful man who had lost his mind looking for something. He raced out the front and saw them walking off. He could feel it at that point. The negative energy flowed of the demonic being.

As soon as Erinn was done bagging her groceries, she shivered at the cold presence behind her. She glanced back to see a demonic face staring back at her. "Hell is waiting for you, princess..." The girl ran, not bothering to look back. She knew the thing was following her. "Ooh, you know I love a chase!" Her heart pounded in her chest. The demon was quick, way too quick for a simple human girl to outrun. "Oh come on, sweetie... Didn't you want to hear how I died?!" Erinn let out a yelp as she backed away from the creature, fear shining brightly in her eyes.

Dazielle took a good few strides and picked up a pace beyond what any human could. He used his wings as means of speed. He watched carefully as the demon cornered her just to jump between the two. Normally, he would have sliced through the demon not caring if he hurt the human in the process. Her soul would only go straight to heaven, but Erinn was someone he could not do that to. He stood between them with his scythe pointed at the demon. He felt this was going to be a fight that he could enjoy if Erinn was not used as a shield. He swung his scythe to the side aimed at the demon's left rib cage.

The demon dodged the angel, chuckling. "Uh, uh, uh! Play nice now!" He grabbed Erinn, pulling her into the air. She screamed, struggling against the demon. "Oh, poor little thing! I promise, this will hurt you a lot more than it hurts me!" He chuckled as he moved farther away from the angel. He couldn't wait to try and eat her soul. He had heard that if you ate a human soul that had abilities like Erinn's, then you could gain immense and unimaginable power.

Dazielle smirked. He did not want Erinn to be brought into this but he had to admit it was the very thing he had been dying for, a good fight. He laughed. "You are pathetic using a human as a shield. I thought this was going to be a little bit of a fun fight, but I see you as everything I have faced for a long time is no match," he mocked the demon slowly flying up after him. Dazielle was good at this. He was good at the kind of talk needed to win a fight. As he had talked, he slipped the blade of his scythe right behind of the demon who he had distracted. The blade touched the back of the demons neck. "Not even a fight at all," he sighed.

"Go ahead, try and kill me." The demon said, keeping a smirk on his face. "But not until I get a taste of her." He bit into Erinn's shoulder, tearing skin, muscle and bone away. The scream that left Erinn's mouth was eerie. It hurt so damn much, her left arm losing feeling as she sobbed and screamed through the pain. The demon chuckled, flitting away before moving to take another bite. He was getting just what he wanted, but her couldn't take her soul quite just yet.

Dazielle froze. He never froze, but her scream pierced through him as if he had tripped and fell on his own blade. The blood on her and the looks of it sickened him. Rage filled him as he said, "Wrong step." Just like that he made a precise and quickly calculated slice up the demon and all the way through him. It took little effort from him and he did not know why he had not reacted sooner. He quickly put up his scythe as he moved to catch Erinn.

Erinn gasped and sobbed, a sickening crack resounding when Dazielle caught the brunette. She screamed, pain shooting from her shoulder, the bone covered in gushing blood. People seemed to finally notice the screaming girl, some calling 911. She was going to die if something wasn't done to stop the bleeding. People were panicking, struggling as they looked for some way to help the girl while the sight of her mangled shoulder sickened them.

Dazielle around slightly panicked. He wanted to heal her but he could not with so many people around. Most of the people did not notice him. He was easy for them to look past. That was just how it was. They would notice him if he performed a miracle here though. His mind raced to think of a way to pull it off. He wanted to help her. He then thought of a small was. He slid his hand up her back close to her damaged shoulder and then right behind it. Slowly, he began to heal it. He healed just enough to ease some pain and stop the bleeding. It was just enough so people would not notice but enough to heal.

"It hurts..." The brunette whimpered as she gripped onto Dazielle's shirt. Even as the pain dulled ever so slightly, it still hurt having the air sting the open wound. The ambulance came blaring down the road as the paramedics quickly got to work. They took her from Dazielle's arms, putting her on a stretcher. They started to lead her back into the ambulance, getting ready to try and help her as they rushed to the hospital.

He whispered to her softly, "Hang in there, Erinn." When the ambulance got there they lifted he out of his arms and he slipped silently onto the ambulance. They questioned who he was and he said her close friend. They did not have time for further questioning and as he made himself blend in even more they let him go with them. It was so strange watching them work over her. He felt bad for dragging the poor girl further into the war,but she had been born into with her ability. He would need to report back to the heavens soon and ask them what the next move should be. Or he could just do it his own from the start as he would end up doing anyways.

As they rushed Erinn into the hospital, she felt like she was almost floating. She wasn't dead, oh no, but she was unconscious and blissfully unaware of just how much danger her life was in. The doctors kept Dazielle out of the way as they brought the brunette into the OR. Her father arrived fifteen minutes later, panting and looking like he was about to cry. "What happened? I heard that... My little girl..." He sat down in a plastic chair, burying his head in his hands. Regrets, one after another, seemed to fill his head as he prayed to whatever god out there that Erinn would live. He just wanted his little girl to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.