The Pure and the Cursed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erinn stepped back slightly to let him in. "Most people get uncomfortable when I talk to spirits." She said, watching as her neighbor came out of her room to check what was going on. He was only freshly dead, but dead non-the-less. "I should call somebody to tell them about the dead body..." She walked over to the landline, dialing 911 quickly. She waited until the other line picked up and started talking. "I-I found a dead body in my neighbor's house... I was suppose to check in with him while my dad was at work." She was quiet for a bit before continuing. "I live on 8239 Munroe Street in the Sweety Shady Apartment building. I'm in Apartment 16B, my neighbor's in 16A..." She kept the phone to her ear as the person told her a policeman was on the way.

Dazielle watched in amazement at how well she handled the human part of dealing with the dead. Most would freak our when finding out their neighbor was dead. He quietly looked over the spirit not offering his hand out to it yet. It was very freshly dead. They have most spirits around 24-48 hours to move on by themselves. He had never been so near to such a fresh spirit before. He walked around the old man silently seeing the ties of him to the world that Erinn and lower ranking angels could not see. It was very interesting to him.

The police came soon after Erinn had called, knocking loudly on her door. She answered to a couple of policemen getting ready to ask questions. She answered honestly, though the two men made her feel intimidated. They looked over at the angel, and the taller one asked, "Name, sir." Erinn seemed to freeze up when they started asking him questions. What was he going to say? How could she cover for him? What was going on in the apartment across from hers?

Wheb the police entered, it struck him as strange then he remembered that was the way the humans law systems worked. "Ah, so this is the 'law enforcement'," he said lightly amused. They asked for his name after questioning Erinn. He knew having only a first name would strike them as odd so he said, "Dazielle Huber." He had not even thought that his name might sound weird in the era he was in.

"Alright, and what is your relation to the Kriegers?" He asked, looking between Erinn and Dazielle. Erinn was freaked out. What if they found out? What if they started questioning her and threw her in some insane asylum. She noticed them carrying the body out in a body bag. A hand was sticking out, still clenched around a gun. This made Erinn whimper, tears starting to fall down her face. Why would her neighbor have a gun? She started to shake, scared and wishing her father was home and that she could just play stupid board games with him.

Being further questioned, he remembered it was not strange for humans to have me live in their house for rent. "My family the hubers are friends with the kriegers and I needed a place to stay, so they are letting me stay in their home," he explained without hesitation putting all his knowledge of human relations to work.

The police nodded and thanked Erinn for letting them know about the body. They left the home, closing the door after them. Erinn leaned against the door, sliding down to the floor as she did. "Erinn...?" The old man who had looked after Erinn ever since she was little asked. "What's wrong sweetie?" He floated over to the girl, moving to put a hand on her shoulder.

"How did you die?" Erinn asked, voice full of tears. The old man was surprised by this. "Mr. Markison, How did you die?" She looked up at him with sad green eyes, searching for something, anything.

The man was speechless before finally answering. "I was cleaning my gun when I had a heartattack. Now sweetie, why are you crying?" The old man didn't know she had seen the body with the gun. Erinn was relieved that he hadn't taken his own life, but she still kept crying nonetheless. "It's okay, sweetie... Your Daddy's going to be home soon. He wouldn't want to see his baby crying."

Dazielle stood back watched them interact. It sadden him lightly. He could tell the girl had been very attached to the old man. He watched carefully as the girl questioned the elderly man. When her eyes filled with tears, his heart broke a little he hated when people cried because the way the feelings effected him. The way the man comforted her made Dazielle smile softly. He moved forward and hugged the young girl with arms a wings. "Everything will be dealt with," he assured her.

"Will he go to heaven?" Erinn asked, small sobs leaving as she desperately looked for something, anything to hold onto. She knew that all spirits moved on eventually, but she needed confirmation that he would be in a better place. The man didn't know how to respond, looking between the angel and the girl. He saw her as an almost second daughter, but wasn't sure how to properly comfort her. Was she that upset over his death? The brunette was clinging to the angel more than she normally would with a stranger, but he was comforting.

Dazielle wished he could say yes for sure. "I do not know. Most likely yes. He does not seem to be a corrupted soul, but only God can pass the judgment," he said I a factly way. Then his voice became what it should, a comforting tone, as he said, "If was good enough a man to have Erinn crying over him, I am sure he will." He had drifted up to her head and strokes the back of it lightly.

Erinn took deep breaths, trying to calm down. The man smiled at the girl before turning to the angel. "So, are you here to take me away?" The spirit asked, looking a bit unhappy. He had wanted to hopefully tell his daughter he loved her before he went to meet with his wife. But, if an angel was there already... He would go reluctantly. Erinn hiccupped as she tried to dry her red and puffy eyes.

Dazielle shook his head lightly. He kept his arms and wings around the small female as he explained, "You have a good 30hours left before you need to move on." He sighed softly. "I do not understand humans and their needs to say goodbye," he spoke his mind. He used his left hand and gently wiped erinn's eyes. Then he spoke on, "You will see them all again."

"Well, we aren't going to see each other for a long while... So we say goodbye." Erinn explained, sniffling. Mr. Markison nodded before giving Erinn a hug before flying off. If he had 30 hours then he could go see his daughter, maybe try and find her. The girl took a deep breath and stood up. "Thank you for hugging me... Now, why are you here? Besides, Mr. Markison that is."

Dazielle let go of her and shrugged softly. "It is an angel'a duty to take care of humans when we can. Also, I need a place to stay while I take care of this town," he said quickly. He hated asking for things from a human.

Erinn blinked before looking around. "Well, I'd have to ask my dad, but otherwise if you need a place to stay, I'm sure you can sleep on the couch for now... it folds out in a bed so you won't be too uncomfortable." She moved to the kitchen, looking through the cupboards. It was around lunchtime so she was hungry. "Do you need anything?" She asked, grabbing the ingredients for a ham and cheese sandwich. "And are there more angels here on earth?"

He smiled and followed her into the kitchen. He plopped up on the counter and dangled his legs. "Thank you for a place to sleep. I would enjoy a meal. Also there are angels on earth. Plenty. Mostly lower ranking ones that report to hugged ranking ones," he explained and gestured to himself when he said hugged ranking. He watched the young female and found that she was very beautiful. He enjoyed the way she moved about.

"Alright, are there really guardian angels? Or is that just a myth?" The brunette asked, starting to make two sandwiches. "There's a lot about angels that most people don't know. Like if you actually have wings or not, but that one's a given..." She glanced at the angel, trying not to take note of his appearance. As an angel, he looked perfect compared to most humans. She felt inadequate compared to the beautiful man. "Are there female angels? Or is it just males?"

Dazielle was confused for a moment at all her questions. He then remembered guardian angels were what humans called angels assigned to specific people. Also he then remember that each human had a sex of either male or female usually. He laughed lightly at him himself. "I forgot what gender was for a moment!" he said laughing. Then he straightened up and explained,"What you humans call guardian angels are called The Watchers. They are few in number and are assigned to a large number of humans and help keep them on path as much as possible. We mostly in heaven exist outside of time, so it is not to hard to monitor mass number of humans. As for the male or female thing, angels are what you humans refer to as gender neutral most of the time. We only have genders for stays on earth to blend in better with humans. Gender in just whatever happens to fit our personalities better I suppose." he then took a deep breath and let it out.

Erinn giggled when he said he had forgotten what gender was. He had a nice laugh. She finished the sandwiches before handing one to him. "Here you go. Ham and cheese sandwich. It's nothing fancy, but it's something." She hopped onto the counter, swinging her legs back and forth. "Alright, so there are angles that watch humans, but you mentioned you were a high ranking angel. If you are that high in rank, why are you down here on earth?" She wondered if the humans and things on earth seemed ugly to Dazielle. After all, Heaven was perfection so why would anyone want to come back down to earth where corruption and evil people lived. She started to wonder what he thought she looked like. Was she as ugly as the rest? Maybe worse. She bit into her sandwich, thinking.

"Archangel watch over everything included humans and other angels. 2nd ranking angels mostly watch over angels and demon activity. 3rd mostly spirits and demons activity. I am a third and I was sent to take care of the high level of spirit activity in this town. Get it back to the natural flow of spirits passing over and not hanging around," he explained then took a bite of the sandwich. He still sat on the counter but hopped down with the bite still in his mouth. He rushed over to Erinn an hugged her dramically. Swallowing the bite, he exclaimed childishly, "I love your cooking!"

Status
Not open for further replies.