Original poster
Roleplay Invitations
Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Both. It should be a give and take sort of thing.

I tend to be more aggressive if I'm GMing or if it's a 1x1.
Favorite Genres
Give me fantasy. Modern, medieval, urban, whimsical, dark, anything goes! If magic and strange wonderland-esque adventures are involved, I'll most likely hop on that train! I'm also a huge sucker for adventuring and questing. Steampunk and post-apocalyptic RPs are cool too, and slice of life (if executed well enough) is also something I enjoy.

I try to be open to different genres but those are pretty much my favorites.
Genre You DON'T Like
Romance-centric stories, it's okay as a side dish but it can't be the main course.

Fox of Spades

all gummed up inside
Original poster
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced

Favorite Genres
Give me fantasy. Modern, medieval, urban, whimsical, dark, anything goes! If magic and strange wonderland-esque adventures are involved, I'll most likely hop on that train! I'm also a huge sucker for adventuring and questing. Steampunk and post-apocalyptic RPs are cool too, and slice of life (if executed well enough) is also something I enjoy.

Genre You DON'T Like
Romance-centric stories, it's okay as a side dish but it can't be the main course.
Prologue: The Winds of Change

May 29, 7:30 PM

Local police officers have been patrolling the area for almost a week, but despite their efforts, no clues regarding the disappearance of Howard Brown have been found. The local librarian was last seen by his colleagues on the 23rd of May. According to the library's staff, Mr. Brown had left early - sometime around 3:15pm - because he was feeling unwell. They called a cab for him, and when he failed to show up to work the following morning, alerted his neighbor. Mrs. Holland went to check on Mr. Brown but found that his house was completely empty.

No one has seen Mr. Brown since his disappearance on the 23rd. The officers working on his case suspect that foul play was involved - most likely an abduction or a possible homicide. The mayor's office released a statement asking residents of Oakwoods to stay alert, be vigilant, and avoid wandering the streets at night. If any of you listeners have information regarding Mr. Brown's whereabouts please contact 202-555-0167.

This has been an update from Radio 9, your source for all local news. Now for the weather—

Silence.

"You hear that, Mori?" Freddy frowned. "Possible homicide. It's a sign. We should proooobably go home."

"Freddy's right, we should... we should go home," Anna added as she eyed the tiny signal bars on her phone's screen.The radio broadcast had gone silent, and she was left with nothing but an ominous 'no signal.' She didn't like this - not one tiny bit. Mori had suggested that as the journalism club, it was their duty to investigate Mr. Brown's disappearance and report their findings to the student body. Anna had argued that since the school year had just ended, they were free from their obligation to report the truth. Mori said it was an invalid excuse, and that was the reason the three of them were standing right outside of Mr. Brown's house on a Friday night and in the middle of the pouring rain.

Anna, who'd make the wrong choice of coming in a hoodie, huddled underneath her umbrella. The house before them was surrounded by a white picket fence. They could climb it easily enough, but Flynn would throw a fit if he found out she was trespassing in the name of journalism. Also, she would rather not break any laws simply because Mori had told them to.

"Mori." Anna reached for the sleeve of her friend's shirt as if holding on would provide some sort of comfort. "We'll get in trouble."

Anna's worried demeanor was enough to bring up the fear Freddy had been trying to suppress. Stricken by the severity of what they were about to do, he nodded vigorously as if he were a bobble head on the dashboard of someone's car. "Mhm, the news reporter lady did say the police already searched the area." He looked like a crumpled plastic bag in his over-sized yellow raincoat. "It's also really cold," he said, sulking. Earlier in the day, they'd posted on their Twitter page about their plans to investigate Mr. Brown's abandoned home. Now that they were standing before it though, he was honestly scared of both what awaited them inside and what would happen to them if they entered the premises without permission. "If you guys want, I can call Alfonse and ask him to prepare hot chocolate? We can always come back in the morning?"

Unfortunately, something in the pit of Freddy's stomach told him that Mori would insist on them ploughing onward. He waited for her decision.

Middle of Nowhere - Highway to Grenfall

"Oh no," Flynn sighed as he popped open the hood of Ottermore's red delivery van. The part-time pizza deliver boy had parked alongside the highway in the middle of nowhere, and there wasn't a single soul or another car in sight. The nearest streetlamp was a good several meters away, and everything was just... eerie. It was also raining and he was pretty much soaked to the bone.

Flynn frowned. The van had been making weird noises ever since he pulled into the highway, and now, a grey plume of smoke was rising from within the vehicle's hood. Flynn reached for the engine but jerked back his hand when he felt it was hot to the touch. Maybe the rain would cool it down a little? Still, this was bad, someone in Grenfall was expecting 18 boxes of pizza in roughly fifteen minutes or so.

He wasn't going to make it there in time.

To Walter (Boss)
> Good evening, Walt. The van kind of broke down again, I think the engine overheated. Really sorry, but I might not be able to deliver the pizzas to the address on time. I'll try to see if I can do anything about it.
To Aislyn and Friday

> Hey, guys! Is the BBQ starting already? The van broke down again >-< I'm kind of stuck in the middle of nowhere right now. I promise I'll do my best to catch up. Tell Dan I'm really sorry about being late. Have fun guys.
Oh, A! Make sure Frifri doesn't eat anything weird.
Flynn placed his phone back into his pocket and narrowed his eyes at the smoking engine. He was good at driving, but fixing up cars, he was kind of clueless when it came to that. It would take a miracle to figure out what was wrong and fix it. Still, if he wanted to make it back to the barbecue in time he had to try. He looked at the engine again and his expression soured. He had no idea what was wrong with it.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Warden and Xyvian

Fox of Spades

all gummed up inside
Original poster
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
A Few Posts a Week
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced

Favorite Genres

Genre You DON'T Like
Collab by Fox of Hearts Fox of Hearts and Fox of Spades Fox of Spades

Mr. Brown's House

“No sweat! We are journalists. We’re protected, I think. You know, First Amendment or something. I’m sure Alfonse can think of ideas if it comes to that.” Mori flashed her two fraidy cats her toothiest grin before flashing them a victory sign. “So chill, okay? ‘Sides it might be a homicide. There’s no bleeding corpse visible and the murderer would’ve bailed. It’s gonna be fine. Just us being on the scene and getting an exclusive. Doing it before those vultures from Grenfall pick the place clean.”

Nudging the president of their club forward, she walked jauntily behind him giving him no chance to retreat. The fence before them was only a temporary barrier to their investigation. She nodded at Freddy and motioned for him to boost her up.

Freddy dug his heels into the ground but was still no match for Mori. It looked like they were really doing this. He gulped hesitantly then gave Anna a look - the same look he always gave her when they were about to do something reckless in the name of the news.

Anna merely shrugged in response, knowing as well as he did that Mori had an iron will that could not be easily bent.

"Um, we're technically student journalists." He also wasn't sure Mori had her facts right. "And the rain might have made the fence slipper." And she was wearing a skirt. "Are you sure about this? Alfonse makes great hot chocolate."

“I’m sure we can get some leniency being student journalists.” Mori huffed. She wasn’t willing to concede the point just yet. Not unless Fred threw some concrete evidence her way. She waved away his other concerns. They were a rehash of what was said earlier. She motioned for him to give her a leg up again. Her face already morphing into her “no nonsense” glare. She crossed her arms. “The longer we stand here the wetter we’d get. Hurry up, Fred!”
Looks like there was no changing Mori's mind. Freddy hooked his fingers together and held out his palm so Mori could use it to get over the fence. He really hoped no one would catch them because they looked beyond suspicious. It didn't help that his raincoat was a bright yellow.

Her grumbling stopped when her ears picked up a familiar ping. She grabbed her phone from inside her jacket pocket and stared. She clicked on the Twitter icon quickly. “Looks like someone’s interested in our investigation,” she cheered.

"Hey, Mori. Maybe check Twitter later?" Freddy chided. "It's kind of dangerous to do it in mid-air. And we kind of look like criminals."

Daniel's House

The end-of-the-year junior barbecue had been a bit of bust from the get-go. The original plan was to rent out the gazebo at the park and grill their would-be dinner in the great outdoors. It would have been a joint end-of-the-year activity with the science club and they would have jump-started their summer vacation with games, food, and stargazing. Unfortunately, those plans came to an end when it began to pour early in the afternoon. It was nighttime now, and the rain had yet to stop. This was the reason, Daniel and several of the other trackies were fixing up his living room. Dan's parents were nice enough to agree to the last-minute change in venue, and they were frantically cooking the ribs and pork skewers in his kitchen oven as they waited for the rest of the juniors to arrive. He was determined to see the plans through.

"Guys? Everything going okay in the kitchen... and you're watching a movie."

Dan narrowed his eyes at his girlfriend and the resident cricket of the track and field team.

"Nico? Ange? You guys in the kitchen? The rest of the juniors are going to be here in a few minutes."

They'd already managed to rearrange the kitchen - plenty of plastic chairs were brought in, and an air mattress and several blankets had been plopped in front of the TV so people could play video games or watch a movie - but they were nowhere near finished with the dinner preparations. Dan's parents had ordered a few boxes of cake for everyone before they left for a wildlife conference at Goldshore, and now it was just him and a few members of the track and field team.

"Mhm, you've got a nice collection, Dan!" Aislyn grinned up at her boyfriend from where she was seated on the floor. She and Friday had rifled through his DVD collection and were now watching The Blob. Something about an alien that liked to eat people and take on their shape. Weird but entertaining. She and Friday were slacking off when her phone began to buzz.
"Flynn says he'll be a little late. OTs van broke down again." Aislyn frowned a little as she typed up a reply. "It's raining reaaaly hard."
To Flynn
You gonna be okay, Barker? It's raining pretty bad. We'll save you a plate tho, so you better catch up, or else Friday and I are going to drag you out for 6am runs EVERYDAY.
Dan looked somewhat gutted. He was counting on Flynn to help with the preparations - Flynn was obviously the most responsible of his friends - but now it looked like he would have to carry the weight of the party-planning on his own shoulders. "Hey A, tell him to stay in his car. It's really cold out. Won't be fun to start summer vacation with the flu."

"Yes, mom," came the somewhat teasing reply.
To Flynn
Btw Dan says to stay in your car and turn up the heat. You can't get sick before the summer festival!

The red headed bug clutched Dan’s sofa cushion tighter. His eyes went round as he watched the alien creature move. “It reminds me of your Dad’s egg jelly,” he commented to Aislyn. “It’s all wobbly and filled of stuff. There was an egg inside I think. Weird salad jelly.” He nodded absentmindedly as he put his head on her shoulder. His mind happily oblivious to the fact that the boyfriend was close by. Friday’s eyes flicked to the phone in A’s hand. “H-hey! I see Flynn! Where’s he?” Bug was clearly not paying attention to her exchange with Dan earlier.

Angelique poked her head out the kitchen door. The question she wanted to ask Dan disappeared the moment she heard about Flynn. “Oh gee! That van’s ancient. They should scrap it.” She shrugged her shoulders. “I’m offering to pick up Wyatt and Whitley. Want me to check on Flynn on the way?”

"Nope, Flynn's being all stubborn. He said he has a big delivery to make so he's trying to fix the van." Aislyn shrugged. As far as she knew, Flynn didn't know how to fix cars. Maybe Walt taught him one summer or something. It made sense since he was the one driving their van most of the time. "And Whitley and Wyatt?" Aislyn arched an eyebrow at Ange's statement. Last she checked, Whitley wouldn't want to be caught dead with her brother. Heck, Whitley would so much as wave at her or Bree if Stacey was somewhere nearby. She found the idea of both the twins coming to the end-of-the-year party a little hard to believe.

"I invited everyone from class," Dan added. "And Wyatt's nice."

"I know. His sister, not really." Aislyn rolled her eyes.

Dan chuckled a little, both because he liked how A always showed how she felt, but also because he was a little worried she'd act icy toward Whitley when she actually arrived. As host, he had to make sure everything went smoothly.

Of course, it didn't go as smoothly as he hoped. Dan crashed into both Aislyn and Friday when his best friend practically tackled him from behind. Soon, he was sprawled out on the blankets with Aislyn and Friday as Nico asked about accompanying Ange to pick up the Barnes.

"Nico," he sighed. "Are the ribs done? We need to finish the preparations."

“Ribs?” Nico asked with a slow blink.

Billows of black smoke began pouring from inside the kitchen. There was a strong smell burnt bbq sauce in the air. “Holy! Be back, Dan! Gotta stop those fire alarms!” There was a lot of yelling and scuffling from inside the kitchen. Someone had tried to stop Nico from opening the windows, but no one seemed fast enough. The sound of heavy rain filled the house.

Ange shook her head and left the sighing to Dan. He was getting pretty good at sighing at the appropriate moments. She pitied him for being the Co-Captain of the Track and Field group to her chaotic boyfriend. “You have a point, K girl. I’ll just check in on, Wyatt.” Her fingers danced around her neon colored keyboard. Occasionally, she’d throw in several emojis and a GIF. Her conversation with Wyatt moved so quickly that it was hard for an outsider to keep up. “Whitley might not be joining. Heard Stacey wanted to throw a party today. Coincidence, huh?” Her lips quirked into a wry smile. “Sorry Dan, we might have too much food now. You know how the class usually divides themselves if Queen Bee wants to organize her get together.”

Nico jumped back into the living room looking slightly drenched. He waved his arms around energetically. “Soooooooo we lost part of the ribs thanks to the rain. The skewers are still good. The spaghetti ... let’s say we didn’t manage to remove the pot in time. They’re swimming in rainwater too.” He took a swift gulp of air. “I think pizza might be a good backup plan." He tried to give his friend a reassuring grin. Maybe offer to pay for the pizza and clean up the mess. Anything to make up for the disaster. He admitted he ought to have keep a sharper eye on things considering he was the better cook out of the lot in the kitchen. A was their best cook but she wasn’t helping out.

Dan felt the beginning of migraine coming up. Slowly, he brought up a hand and pinched the bridge of his nose.

Why? He just wanted to do his duties as class president and end the semester with a small celebration. Dan was just about to let out a sigh when he felt two arms wrap around his waist. Aislyn was resting her chin on his shoulder. "Hey, we got this. We'll have the kitchen cleaned up in no time." She gave Nico the evil eye of course, implying that he better get moving if he wanted to live. He got the hint. She pulled away from Dan then took Friday by the arm. "We'll have kitchen cleaned up in no time. Right, buggo?" She didn't wait for him to reply and dragged away.

Dan managed a smile. Well, at least Aislyn was good at whipping people into shape.

“Of course!” Friday responded. He didn’t even bother to pause the movie. He simply let A drag him away. His movement brimming with enough restless energy to match Nico’s. The merry chirps stopped after the two entered the kitchen. Everything was a mess. Friday exchanged a glance with Aislyn before looking hopelessly at the rest of the trackies. They couldn't let Dan see this, he’d flip if he saw the state of the floor and counters. The rain seeping in was making everything worse. Friday chirped nervously as he shut the windows. There was still a faint smell of smoke. "Actually, A! You and Dan just relax. We’ll be done soon. Trist is ordering the pizza already. She said she has coupons.”

Aislyn immediately realized what Friday was implying. This was the beginning of Operation Keep Dan Out of the Kitchen.

"Yeah! I'll help him clean up." Quickly, Aislyn left the kitchen. "Oh yeah, no pizza since Flynn is stranded. Order tacos instead!"

"Is everything okay in there?" Dan asked when she emerged from the kitchen.

"Yessir! Friday's got it under control. Let's go clean the living room."

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Warden and Xyvian

Cartoonicat

Future Crazy Cat Lady
Roleplay Invitations
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female, Androgynous, Primarily Prefer Male
Fine doing both (: I tend to be a little aggressive with my playing style if given free-reign, though.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Action, Romance, LGBT, Horror, Mystery, Paranormal. I'm sure there are more, I'm just too lazy to look everything up.
Genre You DON'T Like
Modern/Slice of Life (some exceptions to this), Furry. Might be more? Can't think of them, though. Run it by me and we'll talk.

“Maybe, like, some sort of fog machine with colors?” Whitley suggested, turning over onto her stomach. She grabbed a pillow and wrapped her arms around it, smooshing the cellphone between its cushy fabric and her cheek. “People like colors and-”

Knock, knock, knock!

“God, freakin’- One sec, Stacey…” She pressed the mute button and groaned a petulant “What do you want, Wyatt!?” for the umpteenth time that night. Would it kill him to leave her alone?

Her twin opened the door and glanced around her room awkwardly as if searching for what to say. It irritated her; did he interrupt her phone call just to gawk?

Before she could snap again, he gestured to the stairs behind him. “I’m heading to Dan’s party if you want to ride with me.”

“I’m not going to Dan’s party,” she said. “Stacey’s throwing a get-together tonight.”

“I can still drive you.”

Whitley shook her head, “I can’t show up in your clunky van, it’s gross.”

Wyatt frowned, “It’s our clunky van. Mom and Dad already left for date night-”

“What? But they were going to drive me!”

The way he simply shrugged was infuriating. Knowing Wyatt, he probably reveled in the idea of taking her to Stacey’s party, the little stalker. “Fine,” she said. “Fine, you can drive me, but you’re still not invited to the party.”

Another shrug and then Wyatt was out the door, footsteps thudding his descent downstairs. Whitley threw on a girlish top and donned a few sparkly accouterments before following him, phone glued to her ear.

The car ride, as always, was quiet. Whitley sat in the seat next to him, legs curled underneath her and elbows propped against her knees, like some sort of preschooler who didn’t know how to sit in a chair properly. He doubted she sat like that in front of Stacey - or really anyone else outside the Barnes household. Wyatt tried thinking up subjects that might catch her interest enough to talk to him but maneuvering in the heavy downpour kept him distracted. From the cupholder, his phone lit up once, twice, several times.

“Whit,” he said. “Whit, hey, can you check my-”

His sister grabbed the phone and swiped the passcode in without prompting - Wyatt had no problem with her knowing his password - before making a face. “Angelique.”

“What’d she say?”

After a moment Whitley mumbled out a, “Wondering if you needed a ride.” She tapped the keyboard. “I responded ‘no’. Anything else?”

“Uh…” Now was his chance! He had an opening, a perfect start to a conversation. He just had no topic. “How’s school-”

“Stop!” She yelled, prompting him to slam the breaks. Whitley twisted in her seat with a frown. “You passed Stacey’s house.” Threw off her seatbelt and grabbed her purse, as well as several plastic bags of decorations. Just as Wyatt mumbled an apology and rolled into reverse, she opened the door. Stepped onto the curb with a half-hearted “Drive safe” and let the door thunk shut.

Wyatt watched her ascend the driveway. Dropped his head against the headrest with a groan. He stayed like that for a good minute, absently hoping Whitley - or even Peter - would appear in the passenger seat and accompany him to Dan's place. When nothing happened, he changed gears and pulled down the street.

Fifteen minutes later Wyatt stepped onto a driveway himself, alone but feeling better from the rainy drive. If Whitley didn’t feel like talking, that was okay. He’d try again tomorrow. For now, he had a party to attend.

Peeking his head in the unlocked front door, Wyatt searched for his gaggle of friends weaving in and out of the decorated kitchen. He smiled at the first person he saw. Gestured towards the door. “I think the thunder drowned out my knocking,” he searched for a place to store his soaked umbrella. “Who all is here?”

Xyvian

Moving Shadow
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day
Writing Levels
Elementary, Intermediate, Adept
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Female
Both
Favorite Genres
Fantasy
Collab by Fox of Hearts Fox of Hearts and Xyvian Xyvian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brownies. This wasn’t supposed to be a difficult recipe - Butter, Flour, Sugar, Eggs, Cocoa Powder. Yet somehow, she’d forgotten the all important chocolate chips. Blake cursed at herself under her breath. It wasn’t like her to forget anything, but with the party happening, her stress-levels were far worse than usual. She paced back and forth, staring at the first batch of brownies in front of her - They smelled delicious. They looked delicious. But she forgot chocolate chips! How was anyone supposed to enjoy them now? She kept gazing over the brownies. Would they be okay? But Ange was supposed to arrive soon and by the time the chocolate treats had finally cooled, she would be here and there’d be no time for a second batch. Hesitating, Blake pulled out her phone, staring over the contacts list. Who would be best to ask for ingredients but Ange herself. She’d have to apologise up and down though.

To Ange
Messed up the brownies - Need chocolate chips. And four eggs. And sugar. Butter too.
Sorry, I really messed up.
If you could pick those up on your way, I’d really appreciate it. Thank you and sorry again.

With a click, the message was sent and Blake put her phone to the side, her attention brought back to the brownies. Well she might as well take them out and get to cleaning. Everything needed to be squeaky clean and ready for the next batch before Ange arrived, after all.

To Blake
It’s gonna be fine. Will be over in in 20 minutes. No news from Wyatt. We have plenty of time.
How many grams of choc chips, sugar or butter? Don’t make me second guess myself.

Angelique dimmed her phone screen. A new message notification popped up but she ignored it. She gave Nico a searching look. He pointed to Dan’s back and mouthed “can’t go”. She nodded. Nico needed to stay and soothe his best friend as much as possible. Giving Dan a little space wasn’t always the best solution. Not when the guests were starting to arrive. She reached over and gave her boyfriend a quick hug. She tapped Aislyn on the shoulder and clapped Dan on the back as she passed both in quick succession.

“Blake’s waiting. No idea wher - oh hey, Wyatt!” Ange replied.

She was about to ask why he took so long to reply when her eyes strayed back to her phone. Ooops, she thought. She grinned apologetically. “Sorry bud, hurricane Nico happened.”

She waved her hand in the general area of the kitchen. The smell of burnt bbq sauce hung like incense smoke at the temple. “Sorry you’re gonna have to help with,” she lowered her voice conspiratorially. “Damage control.”

Raising her voice again, she clapped him on the shoulder. “I don’t know if they ordered yet. We need a main to go with whatever didn’t drown in the rain water. You have the apps right? GrabFood, GrubHub, Seamless … not sure what delivers here aside OTs.”

Just listing down the apps made her realise how out of touch their town was. Most places here still have their own delivery people. She couldn’t recall any of their local eateries displaying food delivery company logos. Save the new Subway and their delivery takes forever because of it. It was even more humbling to think that Subway opening in their town was the most exciting event in recent months. It’s such a lonely community. They were growing but it would be a few more years before they evolve into a proper suburb. Maybe when that happens data connectivity wouldn’t be so spotty.

The only upside to this was their thriving farmer’s market. Cheap, wholesome ingredients because they were surrounded by farms. The rent situation was pretty good too based on what she heard. Many fledgling businesses came here to escape the rocketing rental in Grenfall. More and more shop houses were beginning to fill up. Places that had lay empty for years. Heck, there was even a comic and film company that opened recently. A two-man show consisting of a single dad and a new college grad. She guessed that’s the new economy. Everyone striking out on their own.

She manuveured him away a missed puddle on the floor. Her cocoa brown eyes locked onto the nearest track person. She tilted her head towards the mess. She let go of Wyatt’s shoulder after that. She started for the door again. “I’ll go get Blake and dessert.”

She grinned. “It’s nice to see her contributing.”

***​

To Blake
Stepping out of the car. Get the door for me? The rain’s so bad. Don’t step outside.
There’s so much mud.

Angelique’s poofy hair deflated in the chilly rain. Fake tear tracks created from rain washed away some of her foundation but her mascara survived. Cold as she was, Ange was in a pretty good mood. She managed to grab a few great discounts at the supermarket. It was heaven sent. Snacks, fizzy drinks, the nice stuff, that Dan would appreciate. She hoped that would cheer the poor guy up. Humming, she tapped her foot in time to the music playing from her AirPods. Blake’s ingredients weighed down the plastic bag in her right hand. Her left hand had a plastic bag filled with frozen treats that needed to camp in her friend’s freezer until they were ready to leave.

“See! 5 minutes to spare. No speed ticket nothing. We’ll be fine,” she greeted.

The dishes had been done, but before Blake could even take a moment, her phone buzzed in her pocket, after quickly scanning the message, she’d opened the door for her friend who greeted her before rushing in to take cover from the rain. Not that Blake minded, but it was making the floor all wet. Eleanor would have a fit. She closed the door behind her before eyeing the two bags that Angelique was carrying before catching on. Some of those good were frozen and needed to stay in the freezer. Well it was the least she could do since she was already going to keep her friend waiting for a new batch of brownies.

“Sorry again, about all this,” After half hour of preparing, baking and this time mixing in the chocolate chips, the brownies were completely prepared, taken out and cooling slightly on a stand as Blake tidied up for the second time that evening. “I made the first batch really nicely too but then the chocolate chips weren’t in there but the recipe said I needed 125 grams of chocolate chips, but I used those yesterday when baking the chocolate chip cookies but-- Gah…” Blake cut off her ramble - It was common for her to interrupt herself when she went on a tangent like this. She shook her head.

“Nevermind. Thank you, Ange,” Blake let herself smile somewhat, setting the last messy plate down in the dishwasher before closing it. “Now, let’s get these brownies put away so we can still make the party,”

***​

With the two of them working together, the brownies were soon cut up into small squares and placed inside a tupperware. And once sure she had everything - Her journal, her phone, both the brownies and cookies, Blake helped transport her baked goods and the frozen treats back to the car, and with the empty house locked up till whenever her mother would come back, the blue-haired girl got into the passenger seat, ready to get to the party. The drive was uneventful, and both arrived.

“Hello, everyone,” Blake spoke softly as she gently knocked on Dan’s front door as she entered. She gave a light smile as she held the two tupperware boxes in her other hand. “Sorry for the wait… I made a mistake with the brownies, but I fixed it, thanks to Ange,” The blue haired girl smiled as she looked towards Angelique then at the lack of people. “Oh, I guess everyone else is in the kitchen… But it’s probably better if I don’t go in there because of--” Blake cut herself off, before she could accidentally spill the beans on the kitchen situation - Thanks to Ange, she’d at least been pre-warned of the cooking chaos going on. “Uh because I’ve been in the kitchen too much lately! And you know what they say, too many cooks spoil the broth… Ahah…” The girl gave a nervous giggle as she scratched the back of her head.