The Promise [Slice of Life Horror M] - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completed Except for Theme Song

Name: Ambrose Joel Burnett [Goes by Joel]

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Marital Status: Divorced

Appearance: Joel is know throughout his hometown as "The Horse," a name that he gained roughly six years ago when he entered the wrestling circuit. He stands tall at 6'4" (193 cm) and weighs around 214 lbs (97 kg). A scar is across his left eyebrow, the result of a bar fight that Joel may or may not have instigated ten years ago. His hair and eyes are a dark brown while his beard is tinted with dark reds and blondes.

Personality Strengths:
• Optimistic and Energetic
• Creative and Practical
Spontaneous and Rational
Knows How to Prioritize
• Great in a Crisis
• Relaxed

Personality Flaws:
• Stubborn
• Insensitive
• Private and Reserved
• Easily Bored
• Dislikes Commitment
• Partakes in Risky Behavior

Talent(s): Mechanic & Bodybuilder

Hobbies:
• Attending weekly A.A. meetings
• Smoking cigars
• Listening to jazz music

• Strong interest in Buddism

Anything Else:
Personality Type is ISTP-T. Here's a link if you want a super in-depth look!

• #4c705a & #726d4f

The Reply

to: Unknown Email
Subject: RE: Eternal Mountain Event Invitation
Sent: Five Hours Ago

Who is this? I swear to God that if Richard gave you my contact information, he's a dead man. The dick said that he was obligated to keep our identities secret in the group. Some social worker he is.

And just what do you think you know about me? You think I've had a poor life? What right do you have to throw that in my face? You talked to Emily, didn't you? You had no right to get into my business, Asshole.

----

to: Unknown Email
Subject: RE: Eternal Mountain Event Invitation
Sent: Three Hours Ago

After thinking about it, I think I owe you an apology. Richard says that he has no idea who you are and I guess I should probably believe him. Doesn't seem like that kind of dick, know what I mean? Anyway, yeah. I'll be there. Thanks for the invite and don't make me regret it.

[Joel isn't the type of man to put all of his feelings and history in an email. Honestly, he feels as though the sender of the invitation already knows what they need to know about him; however, if you are not the person who sent this email, here are a few things that you should know:

Joel is an unemployed, recovering alcoholic who attends regular Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings. He began attending these meetings after completing rehab which was court-ordered by a judge under the circumstance that he would begin to be able to see his daughter and possible gain joint-custody of her if all went well. His daughter, Amber, is currently living with her mother and Joel's ex-wife, Emily. The couple got divorced after Emily grew tired of Joel's violent outbursts that occurred while he was intoxicated. Several physical altercations took place during their six years of marriage; however, Emily did not file for divorce until Joel turned his abuse toward Amber - breaking her arm. To this day, he considers that an accident and refuses to talk about it.

If you need to know more, let me know.]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Sir Salty
@Clyde

I've finished Joel. All I have to do is find him a theme-song. I'm absolutely terrible at theme-songs, so that may take a bit. Let me know if you dislike anything in Joel's character sheet and I'll fix it.

EDIT: The only thing I might have to change will be how I explained his history. If that's the case, then I'll have to rework his personality, too. So, let me know ASAP and I'll work on changing him around.

Explained my characters history more. Hope it's okay! Let me know if there's anything more that needs to be changed.

@Lulunopia @Cait

Both are accepted. I'll go ahead and get the IC going tomorrow or Monday.

Next week guys I will be work Tuesday through the Following Monday on Halloween. So pretty please be patient with me.

• Thank You
Reactions: Shambles
@Lulunopia @Cait

Both are accepted. I'll go ahead and get the IC going tomorrow or Monday.

Next week guys I will be work Tuesday through the Following Monday on Halloween. So pretty please be patient with me.
Awesome! Thank you!

And you have to work on Halloween?! That really sucks. :( Take your time.

Awesome! Thank you!

And you have to work on Halloween?! That really sucks. :( Take your time.

I work at a Haunted House

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Oh my God. I am instantly jealous.

hahahaa

It's actually a lot more demanding as a job than most people think. Been doing it for 3 years now

hahahaa

It's actually a lot more demanding as a job than most people think. Been doing it for 3 years now
I imagine so. I suck at scaring people, so I would probably be terrible at the job. I get too anxious about it, hahaha. Do you have any "memorable" moments?

Sorry for spamming the OOC, btw. I'm just so interested.

I imagine so. I suck at scaring people, so I would probably be terrible at the job. I get too anxious about it, hahaha. Do you have any "memorable" moments?

Sorry for spamming the OOC, btw. I'm just so interested.

I can PM you if you like

• Love
IC is coming up shortly folks.

Making dinner. Getting some music going. And starting this shit.

• Love
Fuck me that aggravating introduction phase. However, this gives me a chance to wait for Cosmic to finish her character and I can get those maps up about the Eternal Mountain and such.

IC IS UP

• Love
Reactions: Dovahkiin
That awkward moment when the GM went overboard and scared everyone off.

I'm here. Just working on some more character sheets for two other roleplays.

Just teasing. lol

:P

• Love
Reactions: Dovahkiin
Going to work on my post soon. Just after I finish up a few character sheet's.

No need to rush guys. I'm just worried I went overboard in my own enthusiasm. Plus, I'll be honest and say I am a bit impatient and selfish as a GM sometimes after I get home from work I want to read some awesome post.

Status
Not open for further replies.