The Promise [Slice of Life Horror M] - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aberdeen Stokes

Sexual Orientation: Pansexual

Marital Status: Single

The Reply
to: Unknown Email

This sounds way too professional to be a scam. Alright, I'm intrigued, but I've gotta admit, Eternal Mountain sounds like a rehab center I've already been to. Maybe not. They all kinda blur together after a while, memory's all fuzzy. Not that I've been in rehab recently -- I've been clean for a bit, I swear it. "Druggie" is a hard image to shake, but I'm working on it. Even if my brother swears he can still catch glimpses of new track marks on my arm, ha.

A new start sounds nice. No bullshit, clean slate. To be frank, I'll take any help I can get. I hate admitting it, but you seem genuine, and a weekend spent in a hotel on a mountain sounds pretty damn good. At this point, it just feels like I'm stuck in a 20 foot-deep rut, and as much as I try to crawl out with these stubby fingernails of mine, I don't get anywhere. My brother resents me, but I deserve that. All the friends I've had I lost and replaced with addictions. But hey, I'm surviving. Guess I should be thankful for that, at least.

I'll be there.

P.S. How'd you get my e-mail?

Personality Strengths: Skeptical and curious are a couple surefire words to describe Aberdeen, although the two sometimes clash; sketchy situations make her skepticism mutter a "no" and her curiosity scream a "yes". She's got a humor steeped in sarcasm and a stubborn streak, but despite her hard-headedness, she values cooperation and optimism.

Personality Flaws: Her skepticism often escalates into paranoia. All too frequently, she gets wrapped up in thought and gets caught in a cycle of overanalyzing situations. It can make her irritable. She's hesitant on getting close to people, but when she does, her feelings arrive in a wave -- far too strong and far too quick.

Talent: Resourceful, sneaky.

Hobbies:
  • Having an occasional drink.
  • Piano.
  • Curling up on her old couch to watch TV.
  • Heading out to jazz clubs.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dovahkiin

Accepted. I like her. Welcome to the Eternal Mountain

• Love
Reactions: Dovahkiin
NPC Staff Crew

"I'm certain you have a lot of questions for me. I'm not the type to hold the truth as a closely held secret."

to: [email protected]

Honest to god it just nice to hear from someone looking to give me a second chance. Life been in the shitter ever since. No one took my side then. Not surprised they haven't now. Was contemplating if tonight is the night to stop struggling. Just end it.

Then I got some juice for my phone and saw this email. Thought about it for a while. Said couldn't hurt if I try, right? Last veiled attempt from me. To try and escape a past. Locked me up inside it has. Metaphorically and literally. The situation with Jess. Jess a mess. [attempted a joke]

She messed with my head in so many ways. Scars of the physical and mental kind. The friends I thought were friends. All laughed back then. Now they ain't laughing, just closing doors in my face. She use to use the google locater to track my phone. My friends phone.

Got so bad couldn't go out any more. I went from one prison to another prison. Just stuck in the house with her. Her web of lies. Yet, no one took a chance to listen to my story. They put the blame on me. Couldn't be I defended myself from a psychotic woman. Couldn't be.

Society says I was so strong, couldn't have been hurt by a woman's fragility. Could leave any time I chose. Society says. But I was afraid you see. Afraid of the judgment. Criticism. Ridiculed. Same shit I get today, but of the different kind.

Spend long nights thinking 'bout it. Only thought I got rattling in the brain bones. So I RVSP. I'll go. Thanks whoever you are. Battery running low. Peace.
Re:

I look forward to when we can finally meet. You certainly seem to have laid back attitude. Something that I think will be beneficial to the society you and the rest will build. I look even more forward to seeing what else you can bring.

to: [email protected]

This sounds way too professional to be a scam. Alright, I'm intrigued, but I've gotta admit, Eternal Mountain sounds like a rehab center I've already been to. Maybe not. They all kinda blur together after a while, memory's all fuzzy. Not that I've been in rehab recently -- I've been clean for a bit, I swear it. "Druggie" is a hard image to shake, but I'm working on it. Even if my brother swears he can still catch glimpses of new track marks on my arm, ha.

A new start sounds nice. No bullshit, clean slate. To be frank, I'll take any help I can get. I hate admitting it, but you seem genuine, and a weekend spent in a hotel on a mountain sounds pretty damn good. At this point, it just feels like I'm stuck in a 20 foot-deep rut, and as much as I try to crawl out with these stubby fingernails of mine, I don't get anywhere. My brother resents me, but I deserve that. All the friends I've had I lost and replaced with addictions. But hey, I'm surviving. Guess I should be thankful for that, at least.

I'll be there.

P.S. How'd you get my e-mail?
Re:

Your optimism is very uplifting. Your email has brought some joy to me. I cannot wait to see what you will bring to our little community. An uplifting, adaptive voice of hope is exactly what this group will need eventually. Thank you for response.

As to the answer to your question. Are we not all anonymous online? At some point we all may have crossed paths and spoken.

to: <mirror>[email protected]

I...I don't know how you managed to get this address or even trace it. But it lets me know that you have influence, or power, or something. Eternal Mountain, sounds like a place where the deceased go to have one last bonfire or something. I don't know who you are exactly, but you think one weekend is going to undo everything that I've done? Unless this is a test for recruitment or something. Are you CIA? NSA? Anonymous? Cicada 3301? What is this? Some kind of trap to get me to come outside of my home and make me answer for what I've done? I answer for it everyday. It ruined my life, got me kicked out of MIT, it cut ties with my friends and colleagues...even most of my family. Above all, I have to live with the conscience that I irreversibly severed a life forever. All I do is corrupt. I didn't mean to use my training to subconsciously fixate a person to the point where they become dysfunctional. Especially when it made them suicidal and placed in an asylum.

My parents think I'm a waste of money and time, my own sister wants me to stay home in fear I leave and screw something up, the only friends I have left are the ones who pity me, and I've been more repressed and secluded than I ever have in my life. And you think this little spam email is going to make me become filled with joy? Hope? If you're intelligent enough to get this email then you must know I'm not stupid nor naive. The only reason I didn't go to jail was because again, I did what I had to do to protect myself, while screwing over the security of others. I became obsessed with my NLP, and in turn made others obsessed...over me. I'm better off locked up in here in my house, dead to the world. Dull minds may jump at this, but not me.

I'm alone, and I have nowhere else to go. College is dead. Having a family is dead. Living is just motions. What would this place have that I need? So I'll tell you how it's going to be: I'll come, and if you know me, then you know that it's best not to test me. If this is fake, or a ploy...I'll have countermeasures set to ensure you don't waste my time again. But...I have a strong intuition. Something tells me this is real, and that you're not some dumb blackhats trying at something. Leaving my possessions isn't a problem. I'm not the materialistic type. They're just objects. Ripples are real, conscious pebbles in a subconscious pond. I can only hope you deliver the current you claim the push. Color me intrigued. I'm in.
Re:

A skeptic and a rationalist. It's safe to say those skills will help you keep this group I have gather grounded. It seems we're really shaping something here. Do not be worried. I've always been the type of person who set my mind to something and complete it. My status has nothing to do with building the best community I can. If the old world is broken, then it's time we try and fix a new one. I am glad to see your interest. I cannot wait till we meet.

Simon Riley Chapman

The current advisor, founder, and funder of the Eternal Mountain and Heaven's Smile Hotel. Said to have come from the wealthiest of families the Chapmans. Who all, but vanished several years ago. Their money existing. Going to someone. But no one really knew until now. It's come to my reports that Simon is funding a refuge project. - Report Tara Yung

facepalm_zps9dykjltd.jpg~original

Father: Richard IV Emmet Chapman - Deceased

Mother: Heather Holiday Chapman - Deceased

Eldest Brother - 34 - Richard V Tristan Chapman - Deceased

Middle Brother - 32 - Zachary Peter Chapman - Whereabouts Unknown

Youngest Sister - 26- Katerina Hope Chapman - *Look Down Below for Her Info

Simon's Theme Song:

Katerina Hope Chapman

Katerina2_zpsxizpi4z9.jpg~original

Katerina's Theme Song:

Tara Nancy Yung

Occupation: Reporter- Currently Infiltrating Heaven's Smile Hotel as a maid to discover the Chapman secret

tara_zpstiybfgmr.jpg~original

Marilyn Catherine Rose

"I have been working in this house for the last forty years. Your family brought me in when I needed a family the most."

Marilyn_zpsgzwcns1h.jpg~original

Jesse Benton

Stablehand

Jess_zps63ihv5fv.jpg~original

Last edited:
Name: Elissa Cheshire
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Marital Status: single

Appearance:

fs1.jpg GeekShaya.jpg GeekShaya1.jpg Lexi.jpg

to: Unknown Email

I...I don't know how you managed to get this address or even trace it. But it lets me know that you have influence, or power, or something. Eternal Mountain, sounds like a place where the deceased go to have one last bonfire or something. I don't know who you are exactly, but you think one weekend is going to undo everything that I've done? Unless this is a test for recruitment or something. Are you CIA? NSA? Anonymous? Cicada 3301? What is this? Some kind of trap to get me to come outside of my home and make me answer for what I've done? I answer for it everyday. It ruined my life, got me kicked out of MIT, it cut ties with my friends and colleagues...even most of my family. Above all, I have to live with the conscience that I irreversibly severed a life forever. All I do is corrupt. I didn't mean to use my training to subconsciously fixate a person to the point where they become dysfunctional. Especially when it made them suicidal and placed in an asylum.

My parents think I'm a waste of money and time, my own sister wants me to stay home in fear I leave and screw something up, the only friends I have left are the ones who pity me, and I've been more repressed and secluded than I ever have in my life. And you think this little spam email is going to make me become filled with joy? Hope? If you're intelligent enough to get this email then you must know I'm not stupid nor naive. The only reason I didn't go to jail was because again, I did what I had to do to protect myself, while screwing over the security of others. I became obsessed with my NLP, and in turn made others obsessed...over me. I'm better off locked up in here in my house, dead to the world. Dull minds may jump at this, but not me.

I'm alone, and I have nowhere else to go. College is dead. Having a family is dead. Living is just motions. What would this place have that I need? So I'll tell you how it's going to be: I'll come, and if you know me, then you know that it's best not to test me. If this is fake, or a ploy...I'll have countermeasures set to ensure you don't waste my time again. But...I have a strong intuition. Something tells me this is real, and that you're not some dumb blackhats trying at something. Leaving my possessions isn't a problem. I'm not the materialistic type. They're just objects. Ripples are real, conscious pebbles in a subconscious pond. I can only hope you deliver the current you claim the push. Color me intrigued. I'm in.

Personality Strengths: Adaptable / Wise / Lively / Nurturing / Inspirational
Personality Flaws: Aloof / Reckless / Arrogant / Mysterious / Dishonest
Talent: Neuro-Linguistic Programming // Cryptography

Hobbies: Hypnotism, Expounding on endless amounts of information, watching Netflix at home, alone, persuading people to get her way (non-volatile), being anti-social, playing video games.

Anything Else: "No."

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Is this still accepting new people? @Clyde now that I know you somewhat I stalked your profile page and found this baby. Another Horror RP is allowed in.

• Thank You
Reactions: Justin
Just like my guy for Chosen's RP my guy for this will be up around tomorrow night.

That's fine. When your sheet is done I'll go ahead and start the IC.

Reactions: MadKingJai™

I'll have enough people.

Which also reminds me. I'm going to add TO EVERYONE;

This is how NPCs work. NPCs in Purple/Pink, are non essential NPCs. You may take control of their actions. May start conversations with them. I.e. "Marilyn was dusting the centerpiece. "Good morning Marilyn" Luke told her. "Morning dear"

But NPCs in their unique colors i.e. Simon and Katerina are Essential NPCs. And will only be managed by myself.

Had some time so I managed to finish my character. I hope I did better! ^^

EDIT: Never mind! Just reread your character's thing.

Okay I finished. Sorry about that.

No problem.

I have to say this, I am reallly still super appreciative that you did this. And I am not liking the person I am coming off as. But do you mind adding a bit more detail to the history?

Right now it feels barebones and I feel that may be partially my fault for asking you to change your original history. I am sorry.

No problem.

I have to say this, I am reallly still super appreciative that you did this. And I am not liking the person I am coming off as. But do you mind adding a bit more detail to the history?

Right now it feels barebones and I feel that may be partially my fault for asking you to change your original history. I am sorry.
It's no problem.

• Love
Reactions: Sir Salty
@Clyde

This sounds like a lovely roleplay. I would love to start working on a character sheet if you are still accepting players. I am particularly interested in taking a male spot.

@Clyde

This sounds like a lovely roleplay. I would love to start working on a character sheet if you are still accepting players. I am particularly interested in taking a male spot.

Fantastic go right ahead.

• Thank You
Reactions: Shambles
Status
Not open for further replies.