No Life
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Genres
Speculative Fiction, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Horror
I think it's a natural desire for every human, who was given the chance to do so, would like to restart their life over. From countless mistakes they make. And how miserable life seems at times. An idealistic cynic would want to restart it all over again. Perhaps be a more important person than what they were. Instead of a drone, programmed to fit a specific cog in the machine, they'd be like the one working the machine. What they always fail to realize is that some human beings were meant to be a cog, while others were meant to operate the machine.

So, which are you? Are you a cog? Or an operator of the machine? And how far will a cog fight to get to the top? These are questions you have to ask yourself. When presented this unique opportunity.

The Promise
IC RIGHT HERE CLICK ME

You're a mess. You're a failure. You could have been more successful if you didn't make poor decisions in your life. You made mistakes. While you've forgiven yourself, have others? Do you really think others have stop to take a better look at you?

So, what if I made a promise to you? What if I told you, your life could be better? What if I made a place for you? One that allowed you to start all over again. To transform from a mere cog to an operator of a machine. What if I promised you that your life would be better?

The Email

to: The Player @ The Promise

You have been cordially invited to spend the weekend at the Eternal Mountain. The Eternal Mountain is a pet project of mine. A project in which individuals who have had a poor life are given a chance to make their life better. To make their lives worth something.

You will be ask to throw away all your current possessions of your current life, in your bustling cities. To spend a weekend in fresh mountain air, a range of forest, in a hotel that took years to built. Meant to house twelve people. Six of you from the city. And six of my personal staff.

I hope to see you there. Merely reply if you would like to take this rare opportunity.

The Character Sheet

Name: [your name]

Sexual Orientation:

Marital Status: [single, married, widowed, have a boyfriend, etc]

Appearance: [realistic drawing or realistic picture please]

The Reply

to: Unknown Email

This acts as your history, and your reasoning as to why you would like to come to the Eternal Mountain and start over your life. While all the characters have all either been through something tragic or caused something tragic, I want no repeats and this is an excercise of believable human characters. Give your characters nuance and balance.

I'd like you to give a reasoning and a history here, no shorter than two paragraphs, but longer is preferred.

I'd also like, and this is an optional choice to include in this reply add a theme song. A song that identifies your character

Personality Strengths:

Personality Flaws:

Talent: no less than 1, no more than 3

Hobbies:

Anything Else: [anything else you'd like to add here]

Characters

*I will give you a week to finish your character sheet, the week starts when you start your character sheet. No matter how incomplete it is or isn't. Current slots go to those who showed interest in the RP.

And I am trying to keep the gender balance. So slots will have assigned genders. Otherwise all is up to you.

@Lulunopia
@:Cosmic:

Staff Information is Here Click Me

Slot 1 - He's been given a second chance

Slot 2 - Male

Slot 3 - Male

Slot 4 - She Will Be Clean

Slot 5- She's lost and trying to figure things out

Slot 6 - Female

The Rules

Follow all of Iwaku's rules

Have fun and enjoy yourself

The posting speed in this RP will be a medium pace, not too slow not too fast. It all depends on who is online and who isn't at the time. Try to post at the very least, once a week. And no more than twice a week.

And for an extra challenge, optional, but kind of required. Optionally required, highlight your character's favorite word in yellow in your character sheet. In the reply.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
So, my questions may be silly, but is the character email just [insert name/whatever]@ The Promise, or could you actually put something down like gmail, aim, etc.? (Or rather, is that what is wanted?)
I'm also assuming the history (as in the reply) will be written as the character?

Reactions: Sir Salty
So, my questions may be silly, but is the character email just [insert name/whatever]@ The Promise, or could you actually put something down like gmail, aim, etc.? (Or rather, is that what is wanted?)
I'm also assuming the history (as in the reply) will be written as the character?
You are correct.

A gmail. At aim. At yahoo. Go ahead and make something up.

Yes, and the history as the reply will be written as the character

Not a dumb question at all. I realize I didn't make that clear.

• Thank You
You are correct.

A gmail. At aim. At yahoo. Go ahead and make something up.

Yes, and the history as the reply will be written as the character

Not a dumb question at all. I realize I didn't make that clear.
Alrighty!
Thanks so much for answering my questions ^^
I'm going to get started on my character now.~

OH!
One last one (sorry lol) -
So, all the stuff after where you put the reply...
Would you prefer if it comes after the reply like what you had posted, or before the reply with everything else? It just looks like it should be formatted to have everything together, and then the reply/history would be last.

Alrighty!
Thanks so much for answering my questions ^^
I'm going to get started on my character now.~

OH!
One last one (sorry lol) -
So, all the stuff after where you put the reply...
Would you prefer if it comes after the reply like what you had posted, or before the reply with everything else? It just looks like it should be formatted to have everything together, and then the reply/history would be last.

Do it how you like to.

To be honest, to me the Reply will define your character's personality the most. Thus the personality strength and flaws would come after to expand and enhance the Reply part of the sheet.

• Love
img.php

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Marital Status: Single

Personality Strengths:
- Caring
- Adventurous
- Brave
- Loyal
- Observant
- Protective
- Intelligent

Personality Flaws:
- Closed Off
- Blunt
- Lazy
- Sarcastic
- Moody
- Easily angered

Talent:
- Self Defense
- Photographic Memory

Hobbies:
- Reading
- Drinking
- Drawing

Anything Else:
- Font Color: #066b5a

The Reply

Let me get this straight. You want me to come to this 'Eternal Mountain' with the guides you will be able to reverse the hole I've dug myself into? I'm sorry I don't exactly believe that's possible. I've gone from a happy-go-lucky guy to a depressed drunk. Unless you have some super power it's not possible. There's no way you can change me. Even my girlfriend saw that when she left me and took our 2 boys, Michael and Finch.

See, I've made a lot of stupid choices. Drugs, alcohol, dropping out of school, have kids with someone I wasn't married to. Yea not exactly the best life choices but, I was happy. That was until I came back from my time in the army. Not my first choice of a job but, the only one I could get. When I got back my behavior had changed a bit. I was getting angry at everything and ended up frightening my girlfriend and kids.

Looking back on that time I can't really remember why I was so mad but, nothing I can do now. So, after my girlfriend had enough she let me sending my life into a downward spiral. The drinking became more often and I became depressed. Thought of ending my suffering a few times but, that seemed like the cowards way out.

So, let's just say you manage to get me out of my habits and my life back on track what then? Don't get me wrong this sound like a nice idea, it just doesn't seem very realistic. This seems more like a scam, but I'm in. There's really only one way to really see if it's a scam and that's by going so I guess that's what I'll be doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
*WIP*
Mallory Lee Ronson

Sexual Orientation: Panromantic Demisexual

Marital Status: Forever alone Single

Appearance: [realistic drawing or realistic picture please]

The Reply

This acts as your history, and your reasoning as to why you would like to come to the Eternal Mountain and start over your life. While all the characters have all either been through something tragic or caused something tragic, I want no repeats and this is an exercise of believable human characters. Give your characters nuance and balance.

I'd like you to give a reasoning and a history here, no shorter than two paragraphs, but longer is preferred.

I'd also like, and this is an optional choice to include in this reply add a theme song. A song that identifies your character

Personality Strengths:

Personality Flaws:

Talent: no less than 1, no more than 3

Hobbies:

Anything Else: [anything else you'd like to add here]

Last edited by a moderator:
@Lulunopia

Do you mind if our character's name are similar? Was planning to name my character Luke, with a K.

In the meantime:

Luke Sid Mason

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Marital Status: Widowed, Single

Appearance:
Standing at 5'9" he sat at the corner of the street, asking strangers to bum a cigarette off of them. He wore a loose fitting Nirvana sweater over another loose fitting tank top. His pants were worn and torn, with places patched, his handy work. With an unsteady hand. His hair was dark either a black or a dark brown. And his irises were hazel, coming off smoky and hazy in the light as they reflect back blue, greens and copper bands.

25ouuc0.jpg
The Reply

to: Uknown Email

Honest to god it just nice to hear from someone looking to give me a second chance. Life been in the shitter ever since. No one took my side then. Not surprised they haven't now. Was contemplating if tonight is the night to stop struggling. Just end it.

Then I got some juice for my phone and saw this email. Thought about it for a while. Said couldn't hurt if I try, right? Last veiled attempt from me. To try and escape a past. Locked me up inside it has. Metaphorically and literally. The situation with Jess. Jess a mess. [attempted a joke]

She messed with my head in so many ways. Scars of the physical and mental kind. The friends I thought were friends. All laughed back then. Now they ain't laughing, just closing doors in my face. She use to use the google locater to track my phone. My friends phone.

Got so bad couldn't go out any more. I went from one prison to another prison. Just stuck in the house with her. Her web of lies. Yet, no one took a chance to listen to my story. They put the blame on me. Couldn't be I defended myself from a psychotic woman. Couldn't be.

Society says I was so strong, couldn't have been hurt by a woman's fragility. Could leave any time I chose. Society says. But I was afraid you see. Afraid of the judgment. Criticism. Ridiculed. Same shit I get today, but of the different kind.

Spend long nights thinking 'bout it. Only thought I got rattling in the brain bones. So I RVSP. I'll go. Thanks whoever you are. Battery running low. Peace.
Personality Strengths:
To be fairly honest he does seem a bit off his rocker. Despite that, he's a good character. Loyal and doesn't try to disrespect anyone. He often tries to be respectful, doesn't like to disrespect anyone. Can have an unusual sense of humor though. The kind of uncomfortable humor that only makes a few other people with a few screws loose in their head also laugh. Still he doesn't lie, and he's honest to a T. Committed to his promises. Never breaks them. Loves music. Life of the party.

Personality Flaws:
Guys nuts. Seems off at times. Or not all that there. Despite having the same exact energy level of an eighteen year old teenager controlled by a four year old. He seems off. Not sure how to put it, but its the story told in his eyes. The type of person who seen tragedy. And instead of heading support in overcoming in it. Was cast aside society and left to stand alone and isolated. Guys got some unusual views. He kind of reminds people of that homeless guy that starts off at random points in conversation. Because he is that homeless guy on the bus that talks at random points of a conversation he's had with himself.

Talents:
Reading people, being able to pick on their dishonesty or not

Hobbies:
Rolling a joint, nothing more meditating than that
Smoking a joint, or sometimes a cig
Reading a good book
Collecting music

Anything Else:
“The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.”- Malcolm X

The news headline at the time read; Man Kills Common Law Marriage Wife. The News said; after four years together man goes crazy and kills his common marriage wife. The news laughed and said; man claims he was the victim of four or more years of abuse. The reporter says, "yeah right. if you meet a psychotic bitch you pick up your bags and go. No man is crazy enough to stay with a crazy bitch, till the day he has to "defend" himself which ends in her murder. What a crock of shit."

Last edited:
  • Love
13 hours at work today, so I will be available after that.

Reactions: Lulunopia
Finally done! ^^

Thank you for submitting your character. As of right now the character status will be pending till some things are addressed;

All right, let's take a look at Lukas. I believe in the rules and the way I stated it I wanted variation in my cast. While I can accept our characters having the same name. Their backstories are far too similar. Replace dead abusive girlfriend who my Luke killed, with abusive parents who threw their adoptive son into jail.

Not both Luke's could have went to jail. Not both Luke's should have the same backstory. Now I am not necessarily demanding you change it, but to consider the change.

Technically, my sheet was complete well beyond yours. So you should have had enough time to read it, and write a different backstory for your character.

Meanwhile, your character's personality doesn't come off very strong in the email reply. Nor do you expand on it in the strengths or weaknesses. While I am a flexible GM, I feel these points should be considered and addressed. For right now, your 34 year old, sounds more like an 18 year old.

And the fact is that you have a carbon copy history of my character within the same universe. Coincidence can only go so far. Please take into consideration these points.

Thank you for submitting your character. As of right now the character status will be pending till some things are addressed;

All right, let's take a look at Lukas. I believe in the rules and the way I stated it I wanted variation in my cast. While I can accept our characters having the same name. Their backstories are far too similar. Replace dead abusive girlfriend who my Luke killed, with abusive parents who threw their adoptive son into jail.

Not both Luke's could have went to jail. Not both Luke's should have the same backstory. Now I am not necessarily demanding you change it, but to consider the change.

Technically, my sheet was complete well beyond yours. So you should have had enough time to read it, and write a different backstory for your character.

Meanwhile, your character's personality doesn't come off very strong in the email reply. Nor do you expand on it in the strengths or weaknesses. While I am a flexible GM, I feel these points should be considered and addressed. For right now, your 34 year old, sounds more like an 18 year old.

And the fact is that you have a carbon copy history of my character within the same universe. Coincidence can only go so far. Please take into consideration these points.
Woops! I'll change things around. Sorry about that! ^^'

• Thank You
Woops! I'll change things around. Sorry about that! ^^'

<3 I officially love you. Thank you so much, I was really to wake up with a mess in the OOC. But I mean you earn lots of brownies today. You don't know how much I appreciate your response because I've gotten the opposite reaction before most of the time.

<3 I officially love you. Thank you so much, I was really to wake up with a mess in the OOC. But I mean you earn lots of brownies today. You don't know how much I appreciate your response because I've gotten the opposite reaction before most of the time.
I try to stay positive. You'er points were true so there's no need for a negative reaction.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I try to stay positive. You'er points were true so there's no need for a negative reaction.
You don't know how much I love you. Lol I mean it in the most platonic way

I won't be active until Monday. So sorry but, I'm moving at the moment. ^^

That's absolutely fine. Thank you for telling me.

@ch0sen1

Would you be interested in this RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.