1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Genres
Speculative Fiction, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Horror
@ch0sen1 @Cait @Lulunopia @Dovahkiin

The Promise

[BCOLOR=transparent]In ancient times they would call the mountain death mountain. For the many lives that it had consumed, during the expeditions of European travelers, during the gold rush. The mountain swallowed them whole. Ate them and devoured them. Till the Chapman family took it over and even then the mountain had taken the lives of many Chapman family members. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]When the estate was being built. When the hotel that was never realized was being built. The mountain known as death, lived up to its name. Workers and even family members once died on this mountain. Till one day it seemed tamed. The mountain god pleased with whatever was happening on the Chapman estate.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]No one will know how they or who managed to tame the mountain, but the mountain seemed silent. Just like the family who hid with all the money, wealth, of the industrial age, had hid. Laid silent with piles of riches. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]It of course made the family a target for bandits and thieves, who also met a tragic fate on the mountain. Some say the mountain is cursed. Some say there's a killer on the mountain. And some people, the Chapmans claim the mountain is safe.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]**[/BCOLOR]​
[BCOLOR=transparent]I have seen my fair share of death. People taken from me too soon. When we were kids, teenagers. Our mother was taken by a car accident. Our father was dismayed for several years. Stricken with grief, but he tried to move on.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The mountain did not feel the same as it did when she was gone. And our family felt like there was a hole that developed in our household. My eldest brother turned to drinking. While our father eventually developed cancer.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]All the responsibility fell on the two sons left. While my sister and one of my brothers had ran off to live in the city and achieve infamous dreams.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]My brother drank himself to an oblivion before my father passed my father had to attend the loss of one son. And not too soon after my father passed. I was left in a state of shadows for many years afterwards. I renamed the mountain the Eternal Mountain. I felt the name more pleasant and more respectful than death mountain.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]And I felt it should be a place of rebirth. Too many times I have jumped at lonely shadows. Seen too many angry spirits. Felt the presence of others. Some, my staff. Say I have grown paranoid, and depressed. My sister thinks I should leave the family home for good.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Whereas I'd like to restart life all over. Give back to the community. Use my money for something. The money I was inherited after my father passed. All my brothers assets in my father's will shared amongst me and my sister.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]I wanted to start something. I did not want to change people. I simply wanted to give them a better realization on life.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Jesse was a stablehand. Not some tour guide. While he respected Simon's decision to open the mountain up to the public. Jesse didn't think his day would start off standing at a bus stop at the base of the mountain waiting for the tour bus to make a stop in the parking lot and drop off the newcomers. He wondered how the mountain would judge and receive these new people. Simon was prepared for anything to occur.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Jesse had never believed in curses before. Not in his life. Till he began living on Eternal Mountain. The chilly autumn wind sometimes sounded more like passing whispering of the dead. Whimpers in the stables with spooked horses, but nothing there. Still he wasn't suppose to mention the curse to the newcomers. That was strictly staff information.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The Greyhound bus finally began to roll up, toward the parking lot. To drop off the final set of people into the parking lot. Who were suppose to climb into his touring van and be driven up to the Eternal Mountain and told about Heaven's Smile Hotel. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]He always thought the names were a little dumb, but Simon saw something in them. Not sure yet what. But he wanted to support Simon.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The double doors opened and Jesse got a look at the group. He could already see problems right away. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Lucas; was good looking, but Jesse could already pick up the signs of someone not happy with their life. His sharp blue irises looked miserable, while the man bolded facedly lied to everyone with a smile.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Luke Mason; anyone could recognize the guy he had been on the news a few years back after a wild course case. He claimed to have killed his common law marital wife due to a dispute of self defense. She had supposedly been abusing him for years and he finally fought back after she began to wail on him. Or that's his side of the story. The news covered an entirely different story though. The story the news told was of a violent man who killed his wife for no reason. Hard to believe really both stories. Still Luke was thin and pale, looked like a dirty homeless street rat with torn clothes. For all Jesse knew, Luke was a dirty street rat.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Aberdeen; nice enough looking girl. She was actually his type, but she looked like an addict and he wasn't entirely sure he was up for that. Not that he was looking to get with anyone in this group.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Elissa; to be fair she looked a bit like an average girl. He could of course see how she might get in trouble. Actually reminded him of those hoodlum girls from the ghetto who acted like sassy bitches and got into drunken brawls with other girls getting pulled away from the cops. Except that was him projecting his own experiences onto her just by appearance alone.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Joel; simply scared Jesse. He was a tall big dude and Jesse prided himself on being a big, well built man. But Joel was built like a god damn truck. Jesse didn't see much use in someone like Joel, just seemed like an angry aggressive man to Jesse. But Simon chose all of these people because they all had some kind of redeeming factor. All Jesse saw was some guy who looked like he could have stared in a Van Hellsing role as the star, about ready to start a fight. Though it wasn't fair for him to judge them like this. He needed to get to know them first. Perhaps Joel like the work stables with him. Seemed like a good place for him.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Jesse clapped his hands together in order to gain the group's attention.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hello folks, I'm Jesse Benton," he cleared his throat pointing at a RV tour van behind him, "I'm sorry it's going to be a bit more driving, but if you guys can get into the tour bus. I'll go ahead and explain the rules and what's going on."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]It didn't take long for the group to pile into the bus. It was small, a bit like a special education bus, but white like a mobile van the metro usually had for the disabled. Jesse stood in front of the group. While they all watched him in anticipation. Though some looked more paranoid, than they did anxious.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'll be driving us up towards Heaven's Smile Hotel," Jesse said, "Not going to lie. But this community going to need a lot of hard work. I normally work the stables. If anyone wants to help with horses I'm the guy you want to talk to. Housekeeping talk to Marilyn and I'll introduce you guys to her when the time comes. But this is a community you'll be building together. Thus you'll need to farm your own food. You'll need to work the stables. You'll cook your own meals. And elect your own officials to start your own little government. Really there's only one rule, and that's you stay in your designated zone. Which will be explained further when we get on top."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]He gave them a brief smile.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"We'll be heading up, talk amongst yourselves when I am driving," Jesse told them nonchalantly. He hated sounding like he was a rule giver. Or some kind of form of authority. Truth be told this was a job Simon should be doing, but Simon wasn't feeling well enough to up and do it. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The Greyhound bus hadn't given the group much time to talk. Because it was crowded with a lot of other tourist, who were there for the nature walks at the mountain base. It was loud and stuffed with at least fifty or sixty people. Now that they were in the much smaller, much more tiny tour bus. Forced to sit next to each other and in close proximity it seemed the perfect time to speak.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Luke was feeling chills run down his spine. He felt like he had the flu, as his hands were clammy and he was keeping the tremors to himself. But he was detoxing so hardcore right now he was trying to hide the fact though.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"So, Eternal Mountain, this got serious quick, yo," Luke was the first to break the ice. Though honestly was this really breaking the ice, "Seriously thought it was a scam. Then saw the dude. And the tour bus. Said this is legit as shit. I'm Luke. And you all?"[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:

[BCOLOR=transparent]Luke Sid Mason - Chicago Three Days Ago[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Stupid shit. He didn't know Greyhound buses cost money. He sniffed. Felt like shit. Probably looked like shit. Standing at the door of a guy he knows at a liquor store at the corner of a street. Something like Eighth street or seventh. You know big cities liked to do that. Number their streets when they ran out of tired old same names. Like every cities got a Illinois street. Something like that. He sniffed. Daniel came out the back. Nearly jumped out of his goddamn fucking skin.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Scared the shit out of me standing around like that," Daniel was always sympathetic. He always knew. Only person who didn't completely think he was a waste of a snot rag, [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sorry. Zombies," Luke responded. Daniel gave a crooked smile.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You don't skulk around here as much as you use to. Something up? You only came cause you need something," Daniel scoffed and frowned, "I'm not helping you buy liquor."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Luke didn't respond at first. Instead he took out a pack. Managed to scrounge. Managed to get some people to look at him poorly enough. Got five bucks and a few quarters. Smoking helped. Helped the demonic fuzz in the back of his brain die out. It was like the horrible white noise on a television in the back of his head. He was cold. His hands were clammy. Couldn't stop the shaking much. Daniel watch him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He saw the pity. The disgust, perhaps as well, Daniel gave looking at his callous, bruised hands. Daniel had wanted to help. But Daniel's girlfriend. Guess now fiancee wouldn't have it. He's a woman beater, didn't you know that Daniel.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He just got out of jail Daniel. Don't you know that. Well that was a year or two ago that he got out of jail. Met ground to sleep on. And looks of pity. Shame. Sometimes some people who recognized his face from the news would run or walk the opposite direction. That guy's nuts. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Nah Daniel. Nah," Luke shook his head. Bad idea, "Need money for the bus."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Daniel raised a brow.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You think I'd believe that," Daniel responded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Like I don't lie man. Never been like that. I just, I got this email," Luke said. He took out his phone. But his phone was dead. Daniel sighed.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Come on I got a charger," Daniel said, allowing him into the store. It was such a tease. Like when a stripper told you she can't get naked. Made him parched. But he was on a mission right now. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Daniel took out his charger. Plugged it into the wall. He put the USB port penis in the ass of the phone and waited for the juice to kick in. While Daniel looked at him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You doing okay? Anything you need," Daniel asked. While Daniel couldn't rent out his basement to him. Daniel had done other things. Tried to at least. Daniel got him into a free rehab program. Some group where you sit in a circle and talk 'bout your problems. Daniel still pissed he only went twice.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]But Daniel got him blankets for the winter. Helped him find a shelter for the winter. Gave him food when he could. It wasn't all the time. And despite him trying to keep up with his commitments. They just fell apart. Probably cause he no longer believed in living. Like he got nothing any more. Like no motivation to move. Like no motivation to care.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Then there was this email. This message. It was like someone lit a match in his brain.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Nah, it ain't like that Daniel. I got this email," Luke continued on his train of thought earlier, though that wasn't at all what Daniel was trying to get at. Daniel was looking at a friend wasting away. Wearing a sweater that was swallowing him. Pale, clammy skin. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"What is the email about?" Daniel asked as Luke began to turn out his cellphone.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Read for yourself," Luke told him with a smile.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It wasn't necessarily a happy smile. He was trying to give the impression of doing better, than what he was. Daniel looked over the email and there was already a frown on his face. Luke just squinched his face seriously. As if squinching up his face in this uncomfortable position would allow him to read Daniel's thoughts.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sounds like a scam," Daniel responded, "And beside that. It also sounds like you're running away." Kind of salty 'bout that comment.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yah. Yah," Luke nods his head seriously for a second, almost like they were in some kind of professional meeting. He put his fingers on his chin, "Sure does."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Then why did you agree to it!" Daniel exclaimed.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I was sad," Luke responded with a simple shrug.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You choose to go because you were sad?" Daniel raises a brow and gets that look. It's the Daniel Look.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yah, yah, Yah!" Luke says it three the times, the last time a bit more affirmative, "Cuz you see I figure. People do shit all the time when they upset. Like that's legit. So I can do something when I'm sad and then it's legit."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You're a mess," Daniel huffs, "So, what happens if it's a scam?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Your money goes to waste," Luke responded lucidly.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"And what happens if it isn't? Are you even responsible enough to enter back into any kind of society? What job would you do?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Thinking security,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Daniel raises a brow. Then gives the Daniel Look. A furrow of the brow and a serious look of disapproval. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You look like you could barely pick up a peach, let alone knock someone out. Quit joking around. Why are you running away from your problems? You just have to put the effort. Go to those meetings. Get yourself cleaned up,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As if it were that easy. Now Luke was giving Daniel a serious look.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It ain't that easy," Luke responded, "People see the record. People see my face. I'm infamous."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Daniel frowned.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"If you just proved to people you aren't like that," Daniel was speaking from optimism without empathy.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Luke didn't say anything. Instead he finally lit his cigarette. Daniel gave a heavy disapproving look for him smoking inside, but didn't say anything. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yeah tried that," Luke responded, "A second chance isn't running away. I ain't bout to lie 'bout who I am."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Luke," Daniel frowned, "I don't want anything to happen to you. You aren't the same person I knew years ago."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Again Luke didn't respond.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"So, the bus?" Luke asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yeah, but you have to charge your phone all the way. If it turns out to be a prank, than you call me. I'll come and get you," Daniel responded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Thanks,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Promise Luke,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Promise, what?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You have to promise you're going to call,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yah, yah," Luke nodded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Daniel shook his head.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'll book you a trip, it isn't...like the bus Luke," Daniel told him, "You hungry? Can I treat you?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I got weed," Luke told Daniel. Daniel gave a small, heh.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yeah okay Luke,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]**[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Today Before Getting to the Mountain[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The bus had a lot more people on it than he expected. For being shipped off to some private mountain resort. There were a lot more people.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And he couldn't pick them out. Like you don't walk to fifty or sixty strangers asking them if they got an email. So he just sat down next to a lady in an ugly floral dress. Who was giving him an odd look. He knew already.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Bus driver already gave him crap. But Luke had curled up on the comfy bus seats. Taking the time to nap. He felt sick as a dog. Felt like such crap. Needed such an easy comfort. Thinking 'bout bottles like you think 'bout needing sex. Or the comforting touch of someone who loves you.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]That kind of shit. He slept. Lot better than he had in several days. Felt most comfort out of some stained bus seat. Then again there wasn't much comfort on cement streets. Shelter beds. Or benches. You always had to worry too that the popo was going to kick you off. Loitering. That kind of bullshit. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Needing bottles. Bottles were like comforts. Comforts like cinnamon candles. Comforts like fancy decor. Wonder what the resort looked like. Wonder what the mountain looked like. Wondered what comforts it could bring. Wondered about the people going. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Meeting Jesse Before Getting on the Tour Bus[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Jesse guy was not exactly who he was expecting to see. Seemed too normal. Whoever sent the email was some kind of special fucking freak. The group also was something special. Luke felt nauseous. Except that he was trying to keep all that a secret.[/BCOLOR]

Elissa Cheshire

Tatinomakeup.jpg

Nothing but darkness blankets the physical consciousness of Elissa's senses. The sound of the Greyhound rummages into her ears, as the vibrations and rigor of the transport shakes her sleep body to and fro the very back rows of the bus. Her head glues to the window in a stubborn solitude. Her backpack rested on her lap, grasped by her arms in a protective manner. The population of the bus made it a bit more humid and stuffy than usual, thus Elissa's once equipped hoodie was now wrapped around her backpack, concealing her personal wares even more so. After an unknown amount of time, she opens her eyes to see the bus stopped and the commotion of people rising and getting off the bus, but only a few. This was the stop, her stop. She sighs and adjusts her glasses before grabbing her hoodie and strapping on her backpack and slowly scurrying to the front so that she may take her exit. She finally gets off, and locks eyes with a few individuals and another man serving as a host role of some sort. He gives a simple smile, but Elissa remains unbudged. She looked around at the other four people with her, and admittedly...they all looked a bit off the ringer. It was at this moment Elissa realized she had no idea what she's gotten herself into. One guy looked clean cut, and one looked like a walking tank, but the other one was rather frail and run down. I felt skepticism, wonder, and pity all at once. There was another girl here, a rather mellow punk looking chick, but also seemed quiet. Elissa said nothing to any of them, only looked at the host when he clapped his hands in zest.

???: "Hello folks, I'm Jesse Benton. I'm sorry it's going to be a bit more driving, but if you guys can get into the tour bus. I'll go ahead and explain the rules and what's going on."

Elissa watched as the strangers all boarded the smaller white tour bus. She naturally was the last one to get on. She watched them get on the bus, and then she looks back at the Greyhound, her mind pondering on the best of two paths. She reluctantly chooses a seat where she was behind everyone else, always watching and analyzing.

Jesse: "I'll be driving us up towards Heaven's Smile Hotel, Not going to lie. But this community is going to need a lot of hard work. I normally work the stables. If anyone wants to help with horses I'm the guy you want to talk to. Housekeeping talk to Marilyn and I'll introduce you guys to her when the time comes. But this is a community you'll be building together. Thus you'll need to farm your own food. You'll need to work the stables. You'll cook your own meals. And elect your own officials to start your own little government. Really there's only one rule, and that's you stay in your designated zone. Which will be explained further when we get on top."

Elissa raises a brow at the information provided by Jesse, a huge aura of paranoia and confusion coming off of her. No one told her there'd be some labor involved, and a sense of building a community. She just hoped this was some grand scheme to recruit her for her skillset, or a way to remedy her from her past. Maybe it's one and the same. She didn't know the first thing about farming, but she could cook her own meals. Government?? What the hell was going on here? Elissa ignores conversation from everyone else and goes straight for Jesse.

"Um, Designated zones? Farming? Building a community? This is the idea of a weekend remedy? Community service? "

Then she remembered the email from the overseer, and how it wasn't about building the best community possible. Elissa just sat back and waited for a proper response, twirling her silver pen around in her fingers and then stowing it in her pocket. She was sure that everyone else was at least curious about the root intent of this trip without a broad reason via email. Elissa just bears into Jesse's soul awaiting the answers.

Ambrose Joel Burnett
tumblr_nsdmkqaqp71qfk6u0o1_500.gif

He was not thrilled. Truth be told, Joel was regretting replying to that email, much less opening it. Having someone know so much about him was unnerving and frankly, the man wanted to find out what kind of sick joke the sender of the email was actually getting at. He had spent the past few nights laying awake wondering if the send actually knew what was going on in his life or if the email had simply been bait. Come to think of it, the email wasn't addressed to him. Anyone could have gotten that email. Of course, it was spam. But even so, the timing of its arrival was uncanny. For once in his life, Joel felt vulnerable - exposed to the all-seeing elements awaiting judgment.

The morning of the "big day" started out just as any other, only this time the man was brimming with self-doubt, a feeling that he was not used to. Now as he was sitting on the bus surrounded by strangers, Joel sensed people's glances and a small part of him thought that surely the sender of the email was among the group on the bus. Unlikely if this was an elaborate scam, but still...

Joel was dressed casually in a plain white t-shirt and jeans. Sitting beside him on the bus was his small backpack that contained more clothing for the weekend and a few toiletries just in case. He had brought along his phone, of course, and was attempting to distract himself with meditation. There was nothing religious about the man, but he tried to be spiritual in some form or another. At times it helped, but at other times (like this one), it did shit. Joel found himself losing concentration at the slightest bump in the road or a scream-sneeze from the back of the bus. His meditation music was pointless, so instead he did the next best thing and looked out of the window.

In an indeterminate amount of time, the bus slowed to a stop and Joel realized that this must be his exit. There were other passengers beginning to stir and leave the bus and a small piece of Joel was relieved that he was not the only fish tricked and snagged by the bait. Perhaps he was going about this experience all wrong. It was true that the email sender could have the best intentions and if that were the case, Joel could only benefit from a small weekend away from home.

He found himself standing among a small group of people, or maybe he should say that he was standing "above". They each looked worse for wear and desperate. Desperate for a new life that was promised to him over an online server. Joel wanted to call them all fools, yet here he was with them. A young girl with white - light purple? Joel did not know for sure - hair and for a moment he caught himself staring. The girl beside her looked just as young and Joel held back his look of confusion. They could be no older than twenty-five. What could have possibly happened for them to find themselves answering a strange email about failures and poor choices? After a moment's thought, the man realized that he did not want to know.

A man clapped his hands, forcing Joel's attention from the two girls to a young man who referred to himself as 'Jesse' who requested the get on a small bus for a second ride. Joel ran a hand through his hair and complied, taking a seat next to a young man swallowed in clothing. He almost mistook him for a tweeker, but no. It didn't look like meth had gotten a hold of the boy - just bad luck.

Joel turned his attention back to Jesse as he explained what was going to be happening over the weekend, though the 'project' seemed that it would span a longer period that two days. Joel raised an eyebrow and cracked his knuckles as he exhaled. What exactly had he gotten himself into?

The boy beside him began to speak and once he introduced himself, Joel decided that he did not look like a Luke at all. After getting a good look at him, noticing his sweaty hands and the way he carried himself, Joel assumed that he was going through some sort of withdraws; therefore, the boy's name was now Tweek - to Joel at least.

"Name's Joel. Thought it was a scam, too. Still do. People can put a lot of money into tricks," Joel said quietly to Tweek as a girl raised her voice to Jesse. Apparently she had had the same thoughts that he had. He decided to speak up as well. "This isn't going to be a simple weekend, is it?"

Last edited by a moderator:
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Um, Designated zones? Farming? Building a community? This is the idea of a weekend remedy? Community service? "[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Jesse was focusing on the winding tarmac. Passing what seemed to have been a security clearance. That didn't bother to check him or stop him. They had already seen the tour bus and him earlier. But the question came out of nowhere. At first Jesse laughed. Shit did that come off too callous?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Community service, not really," Jesse responded, "What did you think, you could start a new life over and everything would be provided for you? How did the pilgrims start their life over when they came to America?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He took another second. Collecting himself. While trying to focus on keeping the tour bus steady on a single, narrow, tarmac strip. Heading up 10,000 feet or so.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well part of this land is owned by the family who provided you the hotel. The family likes to keep their privacy and you've not been given permission to walk onto the family estate. You're suppose to stay in the area that's meant for you guys," Jesse responded to the second half of the question, "Yeah farming. The family and the staff been doing it for years. How else are you suppose to eat?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Jesse sighed. He was already done with this. Couldn't have Simon come down with him? No. He decided he was going to stay at the house. Oh Jesse can do it, Jesse is the nice guy. He's likeable and everyone will be charmed by him. Except Jesse charm wasn't working on these suspicious, paranoid individuals. Instead it felt like an interrogation with some retrograde retard.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"This isn't going to be a simple weekend, is it?"[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Jesse took the second question in stride.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'll be frankly honest and say the man who invited you here, would have hoped, maybe idealistically. That you guys would love it here and perhaps, consider staying…...and making something of us," [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Jesse bit his lip. But it wasn't like he was lying. Simon was always weird like that. Made plans and expected them to be long lasting because he expected people held tighter onto commitments. He thought a bunch of desperate idiots would want to farm, run some stables, cook for the household, do their own rules and government. No they wanted everything to be handed to them it seemed. Simon always explained it as people who were either Cogs or Operators of the great machine that runs society. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]They got a bunch of fucking cogs. Of who all had spoken up it seemed they got a bunch of Cogs. Not a go getter. Someone who would rise up to the challenge. He didn't see an Operator yet. And watch these Cogs scramble to figure who would lead them. Cogs were followers. They were jammed into machines and worked. Operators were leaders. They jammed cogs into the machines and made them work.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He wasn't even going to acknowledge Luke because he sounded half crazy. Or maybe just full bled crazy. Luke had introduced himself. But Jesse recognized the signs of abuse. Not just of the physical kind, not just of the addictions, but the mental kind as well.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Jee. The man next to him. Was huge. Luke had a desire to touch him. Not in that way. But he looked like a bionic man. Or at least on steroids. He was intimidating. While Luke was not into that kind of stuff. With a man that is. Joel, sounded too plain for a name of a guy of this magnitude, had long hair. Looked like some beast tamer. What was that show? Luke finally addressed Joel.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You have familiarity," Luke told Joel, "Like shampoo. Like Beast Master. Talking the TV. Like fabulous. You need a cool name man. Something fantastical. After all we all will be in the mountains. Like some fantasy. What if there's magic? There's magic right?" the question was directed to Jesse, "I dub thee." he's looking at Joel with a snicker in his eye and a kind of obnoxious snort laugh, "Roid Jesus."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Still though. There was something uncomfortable about being so dry. Needed comforts. Needed bottles like they were warm blankets. Worse was the winding of the roads. They twist and bend like a roll up made of fruit. His head hissed. Migraine. His hands shook. Tremors. He grabbed out a pack. One last cigarette, but with several refried fags in their individual pockets. He didn't ask about allergies. Asthma. He coughed. Smokers cough. He put the pack away. Liked messing with it like you mess with matches. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]But the winding road was messing with his head. Like vertigo. Like sickness. He was trying to focus on the conversation though. Jesse was answering questions sensibly enough. At least for him. Luke didn't care. Tired of sleeping on cement. Tired of sores on his shoulder. Tired of the popo being too rough. Got thrown in a 24 hour holding zone just cause his luck. Just cause his past.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Needed bottles like comforts. Needed smokes like he needed candles. Taking his torn bag. There was a little gigglish laughter. Like he was plotting something. Something wasn't right here. Everyone was on edges like razor edges. He took out a bag. With appeared to be hash. He had another bag he moved out of the way.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I got weed," Luke announced, handing some of it to Roid Fucking Fabulous Jesus. Luke laughed. He looked away from the road. Looking at the back of Jesse head.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You don't mind do ya?" it had taken up to this long for Luke to process all of Jesse answers though, so he continued talking about something, but in a disjointed mess of thoughts, "So like. All that makes sense. We gotta do our own work. Cause we the big city now. We the big lights. Big heads. We the big wigs. We can make it whatever our own. Like, instead of prisons. We could.." Luke scrunched up his face. Where was he going with this? Wasn't sure, and he cut himself off with, "Hey." Jesse. Like Fullhouse. Fullhouse. Fun house. "Hey Fullhouse. Could you pull over or something?" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Felt vertigo like empty space. Felt nauseous, like being full without being hungry. Dizzy like a stomach migraine.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Luke pulled at the beanie he was wearing. Pulled at his clothes. This wasn't going so well. Needed Her ethanol whispers. And it making him stir crazy. [/BCOLOR]

• Love
Reactions: Shambles
Aberdeen Stokes
tumblr_n7c9a5LZnW1tehaezo1_500.gif
One Day Prior

Sweat on her brow, Aberdeen huffed as she damn near dragged a moving box into her apartment, her thin arms shaking as they struggled to support the weight of its contents. Almost there, she reminded herself, and although it meant to serve as encouragement, it did nothing to improve her resolve, breath ragged and legs aching. Just get to the couch. Come on, come on. One step. Then another, and another. Just as she about shuffled her other foot forward, all strength in her arms vanished. The box took a dive to the ground, narrowly missing her feet, and tipped on its side enough to let its contents spill onto the ground. She muttered a curse beneath her breath. "Goddamn thing was heavier than it looked," she breathed, then gave a snort-like chuckle. She straightened. Hands on her hips, she took in a view of her now home as she attempted to catch her breath.

The apartment was new, but hardly looked the part. While it didn't smell awful, the scent of old smoke still clung to the air and the occasional mystery stain freckled the carpet. Aberdeen decided a good way to describe it would be 'worn-in.' It wasn't luxurious, but it was hers, and in this grungy little apartment, she was hellbent on a creating a new beginning -- newer than the apartment, at least. She had her fingers crossed that the e-mail's promises weren't false.

Bending over to clean up the mess she'd made, her fingers stopped just short of the pile. Time shifted into a standstill. The necklace seemed an alien piece amongst the rest of her things, like a relic from some alternate dimension that'd gotten lost and somehow ended in her possession. For all intents and purposes, it could have been. She hadn't seen its clover-shaped pendant since childhood. She swiped it up, hastening for the bathroom.

Darting through the doorway, she made a beeline for the dirty, water-dotted mirror above the sink. Her fingers toyed with its small clasp for a moment before she wrapped it around her neck, the clover falling beneath her collarbone and some sense of familiarity swelling in her chest. For the first time in a while, she felt a pang of comfort -- but it was short-lived. When her eyes met the mirror, she blanched. Her hands fell to grip the either side of the sink, leaning against it as she dared a closer examination of the woman glaring back at her, eyes sunken in and skin bereft of vitality. She stole a glance at the clover. Like a stranger who stole my necklace. She spent a moment longer lost in thought before bearing a resigned sigh. Drink. Now. Without another glance in the mirror, she stripped off the necklace, slipped it into her pocket, and went on a hunt for alcohol.

-----------------------------------------------------
Present

Aberdeen wondered if any more people could smoosh into the Greyhound bus even if they tried. The air was clogged with heat and recycled breaths, but she found it easy to distract herself by gazing out the window as the scenery rushed by. She couldn't blame all these tourists for wanting to come. The mountain base was awe-worthy, nature trails disappearing into the lush greenery, pine trees stretching into the blue expanse of the sky, and the occasional rabbit or squirrel scurrying along the roadside. Under different circumstances, maybe she would have visited the place just for the trails. Then again, under different circumstances, she wouldn't have had the chance to get here in the first place. She snapped out of her dreaminess as the bus slowed to a halt, and she followed the lead of others, slinging her backpack over her shoulder, filing out of the bus, and trying her damnedest to wipe her mind clean of any doubts. Nothing to lose.

As Aberdeen stepped off the bus, she was greeted by a clap. "Hello folks, I'm Jesse Benton. I'm sorry it's going to be a bit more driving, but if you guys can get into the tour bus. I'll go ahead and explain the rules and what's going on." She gave her attention to the tour van he pointed to and raised a brow, but did as just as he suggested. Wriggling her way into a seat, she got a chance to scope out the group.

There were three men -- one with black hair, another draped in a Nirvana sweatshirt, and the last with the body of a superhero. Another woman sat in the back of the bus, quiet and observant. Curiosity spurred her thoughts. Aberdeen recalled a few lines in the e-mail that she read over at least fifty times -- "The Eternal Mountain is a pet project of mine. A project in which individuals who have had a poor life are given a chance to make their life better. To make their lives worth something." -- and couldn't help but wonder what they could've possibly gotten themselves into. Were they criminals? She supposed they'd be her people, if that was the case. One big happy family, her thoughts retorted, and a lopsided smile tugged on a corner of her lips. She couldn't get too lost in thought before Jesse spoke again.

"I'll be driving us up towards Heaven's Smile Hotel. Not going to lie. But this community going to need a lot of hard work. I normally work the stables. If anyone wants to help with horses I'm the guy you want to talk to. Housekeeping talk to Marilyn and I'll introduce you guys to her when the time comes. But this is a community you'll be building together. Thus you'll need to farm your own food. You'll need to work the stables. You'll cook your own meals. And elect your own officials to start your own little government. Really there's only one rule, and that's you stay in your designated zone. Which will be explained further when we get on top."

Her brows pinched together in confusion. By the sounds of it, this project was bound to last longer than a weekend. Skepticism took a grip of her nerves, but she tried her best to soothe her paranoia with optimistic thoughts, telling herself it wouldn't be half bad. The man dressed in the Nirvana sweatshirt who introduced himself as Luke was the first to speak up of the group. There was something off about the man, but she couldn't quite pinpoint it.

"Aberdeen," she replied, offering a quick smile. The superhero, who she came to know as Joel, asked Jesse a question that voiced her thoughts, and she perked a brow as Jesse began to respond. When she got the answer that the owner of the hotel had ultimately hoped that the group would consider staying there, she was struck with uncertainty. "Guess the owner really meant 'leave everything behind', hm?" she mused, more to herself than anything.

"I got weed!" The exclamation was a stark contrast to the seriousness of the conversation, and she bit back a laugh. She stole another glance at the weed-carrying man. He looked sick and he fidgeted with his clothes, like sitting still was some form of torture. It was an all-too-familiar sight. Withdrawals, she realized.

"You okay, man?" she asked, though the question held an obvious answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[BCOLOR=transparent]Jesse frowned the moment he heard the announcement of weed in the tour bus. Simon had so much faith in this little project. And already the junkie had brought out a bag of weed. Already sinking back into old habits. Jesse was semi watching from the rear view window that allowed him to take a look at what was going on in the back.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The guy swallowed by his Nirvana sweater was a mess. Was this seriously the type of person they were allowing in the hotel? The guy didn't seem ready to give up anything. He was clearly going through withdrawals. He heard the man ask him if he could pull over though. For what reason?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"For what reason?" is exactly what Jesse asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]But the Luke guy was distracted. Looking at a girl, with white violet, maybe it was gray hair? [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hocus Pocus. Luke snorted at first. No one knew what he was laughing at either. Still kind. Kind not like a witch. Kind like a person would be kind. She asked him a question. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yah. Yah. Like nah, but yah," was Luke's response to her question. But still hard to focus. The road was flat. Like a timing belt. He closed his eyes for a second. An anchor. A focus. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was brief. Darkness. Eyes closed. Needed those comforts. Swore he saw a ghost. Swore it was his Lady Ethanol cursing his name because he left her all alone. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Luke tried comfort. Didn't comfort. Comfort that didn't require her touch. Didn't require a ghost. Jesse's response finally processed. Like that took a while.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Vomit is bad, but vomit with new found friends is worse," was Luke's response to Jesse question. But was it really an answer? He turns to the lady who asked him a question. Said her name was Aberdeen. Aberdeen. Like fall. Like autumn. Hair like a damn witch.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She scared him. Yet she had a gravitational pool. One in the same. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]On the other side of the bus, Jesse huffed. Did they honestly have to stop for the guy who did it to himself? Swore he saw the guy just have a brief seizure in the back of the tour bus, and he had to stop because someone didn't know how to take to their fate. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Jesse sighed. If he said no, he'd look like an ass in front of them all. Also if he said no, Simon would be irritated with him. So he was put in a bind, he didn't want to necessarily aid him. But didn't want to necessarily come off rude. He was use to being with the horses. More simple creatures. More simple beings who didn't waste their lives away. Or succumb to tragedy through a bottle or other conditions of destructive addiction.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Do you still need me to pull over?" Jesse asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Luke had taken his beanie off at this point. Only to reveal a mess of black hair. He was staring at nothing for a brief second.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yah, yah," Luke responded airily.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Jesse sighed. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Here's the deal, we're almost there, but if he's too sick to make it. I'll come back for him. Who wants to stay behind while I drop off the rest?" Jesse asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Maybe just maybe the mountain would scare them off. Which would leave two less losers on the mountain with Simon and the rest. He just needed one person to volunteer. It was worth a shot. A plan to get rid of the group. [/BCOLOR]

Aberdeen Stokes
Aberdeen eyed Luke as he responded to her, giving a small nod at his answer. Her gaze lingered on the man a moment longer as he closed his eyes before she cast her attention to the driver of the van, Jesse, and hoped he'd listen. From what she'd witnessed thus far, he seemed a bit annoyed. I dunno, I'd much rather just pull over, let the guy empty his stomach, then go on my merry way than clean up some regurgitated lunch. Pursing her lips, she looked back to Luke.

"Vomit is bad, but vomit with new found friends is worse."

One side of her lips quirked into a half-smile. Some part of her wondered if he was a projectile vomiter, and, after doing a few mental calculations, she figured she was out of the splash zone. Not long afterward, Jesse spoke.

"Here's the deal, we're almost there, but if he's too sick to make it. I'll come back for him. Who wants to stay behind while I drop off the rest?"

Shooting a quick look around the van, Aberdeen lifted her hand. "I can stay," she offered.

Elissa Cheshire

tatinomakeup-jpg.121506

Elissa simpy sat back and watched the conversations happen between the group. Jesse had answered her question, but it was implicative that it wasn't just a weekend stay. He was talking like this was some kind of shady scheme to recruit oppressed people to do some kind of cult type plan for a private family. Elissa pinched her brows even more, shaking her head at his answer.

Jesse: "Community service, not really. What did you think, you could start a new life over and everything would be provided for you? How did the pilgrims start their life over when they came to America?"

Elissa then sat back in her seat. Her mind was pretty much made up about this place. She listened to the man that called himself Luke. He talked like he was deeply foreign, either that or he had a speech impediment. He started to become bothered and a bit woozy as the van swiped left and right along the sharp mountain roads. Elissa herself was just as internally swaying, trying to decide what the hell she got herself into. She didn't even bother to let her family know where she was going, figured they didn't need to know considering how they didn't care for her that much. When she heard Luke tell Jesse to pull over, she scooted to the edge of her seat once more. All she needed to hear was the word vomit. She sighed and shook her head as she stared at his bag of weed. If this was a place for remediation, he was going in the wrong direction.

Jesse: "Here's the deal, we're almost there, but if he's too sick to make it. I'll come back for him. Who wants to stay behind while I drop off the rest?"

And then, the chance. Elissa sat up with raised eyes and raised her hand. The pale haired, pale skinned girl named Aberdeen offered her stay as well. Elissa looked at Aberdeen and nodded in agreement.

"Yup, I'll stay too. I'll get off."

Reactions: Dovahkiin
[BCOLOR=transparent]Honestly, he hadn't expected this kind of group to be so warm and fuzzy with each other. Two people were about to become three and three were about to become an empty bus. Than Simon ask him where all the people had gone and he'd have to explain that. No. Fuck that.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No," Jesse tried to sound calm, like he didn't care, "You're right can't have three people sit out on the side of the road." he tried to laugh it off with an airy laugh, "I got a puke bag." He pointed to a stray garbage can with a bag in it. "Then just toss it out."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Jesse gave a laugh again, was he overcompensating? Except that he saw Luke simply lean back with his eyes closed. At first it looked like the man was rocking back and forth, but he slowly opened his copper colored hazel eyes and responded with.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Nah man, nah," Luke didn't give much of a response afterward, because it seemed like he was doing some heavy thinking. Stray can. Nice touch. Always a stray can, Always a prick though. "Always a prick. Never anything but." Luke gave a snort giggle, and pointed to Aberdeen, "She volunteered first." He looked at the other woman and gave her a small smile, "Nice of yah too. Yah."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He picked at a stray string on his beanie.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Look I admit it, was I being a bit of a prick earlier, but I can't let you guys sit out there alone," Jesse told Luke.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Got my girl," Luke paused, "Hocus Pocus." He gave a bit of a dry cough, then smiled at Aberdeen again. His grin was sort of that of a lost stray kid. Lost in stray thoughts. "Not alone."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Why are you so adamant about this?" Jesse asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Luke stared unfocused. He got up without any urgency. Walked stiff like Jason Vorhees or Micheal Myers. Jesse was afraid the man was about to threaten him with a knife or something. Ice cold sweat ran down his spine, till he heard the man dry heaving in the trash can. Honestly he sounded more like he was dying instead of puking. There was no response for a minute. Like Luke had forgotten the conversation. A glazed look in his eye. Before being brought back to reality. After a few more coughs. Luke cleared his throat and continued with.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Cause you brought it up," Luke responded dryly, "I forget. Lots of things. But when a pricking asshole pricks me with his dong. I am happy to oblige."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]What the fuck did that mean?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Can we drop the subject? I shouldn't have mentioned it and I was behaving kind of like an asshole, I shouldn't have,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Can't drop subjects like you drop objects," Luke told him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well I am dropping this subject,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Jesse wanted to continue to focus on the road. But he felt the presence of Luke's eyes on him. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Honestly it felt a little like a killer's intent, that or a crazy person's petty tantrum. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Commit to your bitch ass plan next time," Luke told him, "Don't act high n mighty. When you ain't anything bright. Cause you too scared to use the dick you whipped out. Fucking aye."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Can't tell if you're provoking me or not," Jesse added trying to get in the last word.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Provoking bit different innem my eyes," Luke responded, "Testing trust. Like testing how to swim."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He did realize you learn to swim, not test how to swim. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"What's the difference?" Jesse asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Luke didn't say anything at first. He was pulling at his clothes again. It took a full second before Luke was giving Jesse a clear look. But it's like the guy forgot why he was standing there for another second before he got any response.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Difference being. When a dick is pull out. You threatened with your dick. But then didn't do anything with the dick you pulled out. That's the difference," Luke shrugged. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]What the fuck was this guy sane? His inane phrasing sounded like the ramblings of a crazed retard. He did realize he didn't make sense right? Jesse finally stopped the bus, the brakes squealing a little complaining to coming at a full stop. The bus hissed a bit of steam coming out of the exhaust and the double doors hissed open. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Was Luke happy? This is what he wanted right? Didn't get why the man was so intent on going on with a plan that he knew Jesse was doing just to fuck with them. Or get rid of them. If Luke knew that, then why did Luke want off so bad? Why did Luke insist he stick to his original plan?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Luke pointed to Aberdeen. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hocus Pocus," he called with his two fingers for her to come over. He pointed to the other girl who volunteered. She was a basic sensible bitch. Just read it all over her face, "You. Sensible." is what he called her for memory's sake, "You stay. Cause your brain is on point. If we don't come back. It's a scam. It's a motherfucking scam. That or they will be killing us."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Luke nodded. And that made sense to him, Jesse wondered? [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Fine, I'll come back for you guys in the next half hour," Jesse told them, "We're right at the top." Why was he giving directions when he knew they'd never make it up there? Not in Luke's condition. "Just wait for me." He told Aberdeen and Luke.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The bus gave another proud hiss. The brakes squealed again and the engine groaned. As it had to heave uphill, after such a harsh stop. [/BCOLOR]

@Dovahkiin
[BCOLOR=transparent]Needing comforts. But there was only two ways to get hair like that. One needed a lot of electricity. Didn't see too many tesla coils. Other a lot of magic. Nohow about magic.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Luke cleared his throat. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Thanks," Luke repeated his gratitude and nodded, "So we getting this carnival of fucked on its way?"[/BCOLOR]

@ch0sen1 @Cait @Lulunopia
[BCOLOR=transparent]Meanwhile, the rest left in the tour bus were given their first peak of a new lease on life. As Heaven's Smile Hotel began to come into picture. Right now there was still a hint of fresh lush green on the pine trees and many of the seasonal trees that spellbound the area in nothing, but rustic beauty.The trees had hints of reds, and yellow. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]While frost nipped soil indicated winter was close to the mountain. Though the hotel was nothing, but rustic beauty. While it was clear to them the Hotel was meant to be an old, beautiful Victorian. It gave the vague impression of the Bates motel. Though stunningly beautiful about the home. There was something that had changed. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Suddenly. Dramatically. Like cold that had washed over the each of them. It felt like forlorn. Forlorn hope. And it felt like shadows, perhaps spectres or spirits were grasping tightly onto them. And shackling them down. It no longer felt like an escape of their old life. And a new fresh start.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It felt actively like death was right at the door step of the gates they entered through. In broad daylight, some could have even sworn they seen shadows flicker like human shaped silhouettes and then fade. [/BCOLOR]

The Hotel

hotel7.jpg hotel8.jpg

Aberdeen Stokes
Almost taken aback, her gaze shot back to the dark-haired woman who offered to stay with the puker and her, giving her a quick nod, perhaps a bit too quick, in return. Though she seemed withdrawn and inquisitive, the dark-haired woman showed a bit of kindness -- or what seemed to be kindness. Aberdeen made a mental note to ask for her name later.

"No."

Brows pinched, Aberdeen's eyes cut to Jesse. What? She couldn't help but raise a brow as he continued to speak, explaining why he couldn't have three people just sitting on the side of the road. Jesse gave a breathy laugh. Luke jumped in without haste, and it wasn't long before the two sparked an argument, with Luke insisting that the bus pull over and Jesse hesitant on doing much more than handing over a barf bag. Chewing on the inside of her cheek, Aberdeen sank down into her seat. She pursed her lips to keep from muttering anything that'd make the situation worse. Feeling Luke's eyes on her, she turned to him, brows raised, just in time to hear him call her by her newly appointed nickname.

Hocus Pocus? She gave a snort-like chuckle, shaking her head with a grin. Drugs. Definitely's done drugs.

After Luke marched up to the front of the bus to dry heave, their bickering continued. She almost groaned. Bunching up her backpack in her hands, she turned her attention the best she could to the scenery passing outside the window. Much to her avail, it began to slow, the brakes giving a groan as the bus came to a halt. With the hiss of the bus doors opening came her sigh of relief. Slinging her backpack over her shoulder, Aberdeen made her way off the bus, casting the slightest of waves to the driver as she stepped foot on the ground. Thank God.

Attempting to run her hand through her pile of light, curly hair, she turned her attention to Luke. She placed a hand on her hip. Aberdeen couldn't help but sympathize with the guy; she'd gone through withdrawals more times than she could count -- puking, shaking, headaches. What a pain in the ass.

"Thanks."

"Hey, no problem," she responded, shaking her head a little. "Someone had to make sure you didn't choke on your own vomit, right?" The ghost of a smile played on her lips.

"So we getting this carnival of fucked on its way?"

She swept an arm forward in a grand gesture. "Lead the way." Aberdeen fidgeted with the straps on her backpack for a moment, before her brows furrowed, debating on whether or not to even bother asking him the question. "Hey, uh," she began, then cleared her throat. "So, what was it? Blow? Alcohol? Smack?"

• Love
Reactions: Sir Salty
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hey, no problem," she responded, shaking her head a little. "Someone had to make sure you didn't choke on your own vomit, right?" The ghost of a smile played on her lips.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Luke laughed. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Been there," he gave her a bit of a childish smile, "So thanks. Don't particularly like vomit lava in the back of my throat."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Lead the way." Hocus Pocus fidgeted with the straps on her backpack for a moment, before her brows furrowed, debating on whether or not to even bother asking him the question. "Hey, uh," she began, then cleared her throat. "So, what was it? Blow? Alcohol? Smack?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Smack. He, in his typical fashion, snort laughed. Funny name for a drug. Wasn't it? Smack! He laughed again. Squinching up his face for half a second before bending away from her direction. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was hard to describe. Like drowning circles in his stomach. Head swarming with OCD obsession. Hedonistic pleasures only a simple man could want. Both fever pitch hot like coal. But cold like a glacier. He gagged and dry heaved with another cough. Felt like he was going to faint. Pass out perhaps. Kept it together despite the world doubling over at first. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He put up his finger for her to give him a second to recover. Standing up straight. He looked like he forgot first. Then it hit him. He fidgeted himself.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Lady Goddess ethanol," he made some hand gesture with his hand that looked like he was drawing a simple drawing of a woman's shape, "Bottles got curves. Like a sexy lady. Right? Right?" he laughed uncontrollably for a second. Then cleared his throat. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Unchained thoughts. Thoughts that went this way. That way. Then stopped. At first the chain hadn't linked yet together. Luke onward. Toward a path made of dirt. He almost had to gag again. But managed to hold it in. Managed, but still there. Drowning butterflies in his stomach. God he felt so uneasy. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Needed it. Needed it. Needed it. Need turning to want. Want turning over to need. Needed to focus. Needed something. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He stared at Hocus Pocus with a glazed look for a while. Before finally speaking.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Let's go exploring," he told her pointing to the path, "You can put a spell on us." her look of confusion only made him laugh before he said, "Nah. Nah don't worry bout it. If we find an Indian Burial ground. Run. Run from those motherfuckers. Cause Indian Spirits. Are angry. Make great cigarettes though." Ah cigarettes. He had managed to bring his pack with him. He took it out. He had one good stick. And the rest were refried or butts he collected. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Taking out a light. Lighter. Light. Like burning hope. Cause if hope was light. Fire was destructive. So all it did was burn that shit away. Today was a special occasion so he decided to smoke down the good cancer bitch stick he had. He inhaled. Then exhaled. Somehow it made it all better.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Like fog caught in his thoughts. Moment nicotine release like exhaust of a car. He stepped forward and began to walk. Didn't know where he was going. But wasn't that what you were suppose to do? [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Like if they didn't want you somewhere. You stick your foot in. And say Bitch. I step where I want. Cause fuck your secrets. Or at least it's what Jimmy use to say. Don't know a Jimmy. Maybe he did. Was it in jail? Johnny? Like the Shining? No, but It was big. Had a lot of tattoos. He remembered that. Called him It. Cause motherfucker looked like a goddamn fucking clown.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Whitest motherfucker you'd ever meet. But had the biggest reddest lips like goddamn Ronald McDonald. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Use to say, "Don't make fun of my lips assholes. It's natural" and they'd say, "Natural to be a bitch."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Forest was immediately creepy. Just taking a few steps deep in and you could feel this place had juju. It was foreboding. The fog that began to settle as the canopy began to close in, felt more like ethereal spirits dancing around them. This place had haunted written all over it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Whispers. Little chants in the distance. The forest gripped onto them. Like the damn movie Evil Dead or some shit like that. Maybe that Joel guy was Ash. He'd be the survivor of all of this. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Maybe they should go back? No Luke wanted to know. Secrets were bullshit. Secrets kept people locked in. Same prison. Same problem. Different location. A prison of nature. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]They had walked in. Got so deep the road they stood before had all, but vanished. And the fog itself. Acted like a barrier behind them. So they couldn't see anyway.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Fucking jesus shit on a stick.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"So I ain't into lying n shit," Luke finally spoke in the ten minutes they were speaking. "Sorta surprise you went em with me." it sounded lucid, but it was still broken up, "Was afraid you were afraid. You know. Ah he's a woman killer." Shit what if she didn't know, totally blew your chances. "Knew this guy. Called him Ronald McDonald. Bitch looked like a clown." Luke laughed.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Then he kept quiet again. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Didn't say a word. But had to stop. It came suddenly bending over. Just puking bile really nothing. Felt worse. Not better. Stared at the tree trunk base for a moment. Didn't know what Hocus Pocus thought bout this. A mess. Hot mess. Not even that. Like fever pitch mess.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You think the Indians will be mad?" Luke asked, "Sorry. Didn't mean to do it on the tree. Seriously thought I as better. It's the fog you know." who was he talking to? Had no idea? But the forest was scary. Deeply terrifying.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The energy. The vibe was all fucking wrong and terrible. And spirits were like different levels of oh shit. Children ghost were like shit. Serial killers were like fucking shit. But Indian Spirits. Were fucking angry. Angry pissed of magic people even when they were dead. And they were like Oh Fucking Shit. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He stared Aberdeen. Was she scared of this shit fucking fantastic place? Wasn't romantic at all. Not on a date. But saying if he called a girl over. He'd never be able to say, let's frolic naked under the moonlight. Cause you'd be afraid of trees fucking her corpse or some shit like that. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He needed to sit with his thoughts. But not on his puke. Or near it. Sat somewhere else. Near another tree. He seized at his hair for a second. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Fuck," he just shouts at a leaf, then looks her, "Em I right?"[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
  • Love
The Forest

Forest.jpg

Then the whole universe imploded on all of them. As a massive black hole sucked the whole universe into its mist. All went black because people who joined couldn't dedicate enough time and decided excuses was super awesome and cool.

The End

[thread locked]​

Status
Not open for further replies.