rissa

the clairvoyant pterodactyl
Original poster
VENGEANCE
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER

THE PRINCESS AND THE BLADES:
Darkheart

Nubian princess Teja-Soueriosi has disappeared.

Her entourage, which was packed and ready to depart for her yearly pilgrimage to the holy lands of Lalibela is left flustered beneath the royal family's questioning gaze. The only clue left behind are the trio of rasp tracks leading south, towards the thick and tangled jungle of Igulu.

The Eso Ikoyi - the fabled Yoruban stronghold defended by the immortal warrior caste of the same name - is what young Teja-Soueriosi is truly after. If she can train with the undying warriors or bring them into the Nubian caste, she's sure to find her place in life.

But even with her loyal blades and her most trusted advisors, can Teja and her fellows survive what they find in the heart of the jungle?

———————

Hello! I may not be the Almighty Malevolence you were all expecting, but I'm rissa and I'm here for a good time. :^)

If you're new to the realm and interested in sticking around, take a peep at the Intro Guide and the Lore Compendium, to get a feel for the vibe and the expectations of the realm.

At first glance, the Princess and the Blades is a somewhat typical action-adventure, jungle slasher, coming of age story, set within the Nubian Empire - specifically the paths that lead south and the jungle surrounding Igulu - but what lurks deep in the heart of the jungle promises splashes and dashes of paranormal and psychological horror.

While I don't necessarily like the concept of railroading players into tight and narrow roles, if I had to think who'd be Teja's favorite kind of people (and therefore members of her inner-entourage), I can think of:

her insufferable loyal guard(s), who've known her by far the longest, the sensational tactical advisor turned chef, navigator/survivalist, as she travels often and across vast distances. A foreign relations coach and perhaps a translator would be helpful as well, to ensure she never misspeaks in front of her family's subjects, as well as some kind of artificer or engineer, a generally handy-person who knows enough of everything to keep the inner-ship running smoothly.

———————

If you'd like even more inspiration, check out this Shah Decree where I grilled 'em for more Nubia lore and got some juicy answers.

Sign ups wise, I'm mostly interested in a visual depiction and a 1-2 paragraph audit- explaining who they are, what they strive to be, and whatever abilities make them uniquely equipped for the expedition.

Don't be shy, come on by! Players are more than welcome to post characters for this in their own threads and link them to rissa :^)

• Thank You
Reactions: rissa