The prince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles sat down by him,still gazing at him.
"Is it a romance? One with a boy not wanting to get married?" He softly chuckled.

"It wouldn't be much of a romance if the boy didn't want to marry." He replied with a small smile and took the book off the shelf to examine it.

Charles sat below him as he read the book.
He looked up at him,with a twinkle in his hazel eyes.

"Do you like to read?" Daniel questioned. His blue eyes found the others hazel and he noticed the twinkle. It made him smile.

"Yes," his voice echoed through the room,sleepy eyes staring up.
"I'd rather marry a guy..." It seemed as if he lazily confessed.

Daniel looked over at Charles and rose a brow. "Good luck with that."

"I know it's stupid.What about you?" He asked.

"I want to marry whomever I fall in love with." He replied and looked over another book binding, this one trimmed in silver that caught the light of the moon almost perfectly.

Charles stood up and grabbed a candle,lighting it in a decorated candle holder.
He walked over to him,shining the light on the open book. One hand on the other side of the book.
Charles turned to him to glacé a bit.
"I don't think I've ever read this one."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Neither have I." Daniel looked over and caught Charles eyes again with a small smile. "I could literally spend a lifetime in here..." He mumbled softly.

"I already have." He mumbled.
Charles turned to him,holding the candle to his face. He brought a hand to his cheek.
Charles' face was illuminated by the small light, his hazel eyes looking over him and him boring his lips slightly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel closed the book saving his page with his pointer finger. "You wanted to show me something. I got distracted. What is it this place you escape too?"

Charles held onto his hand,bringing him to the balcony.
"Over here. You can see everything from here...oh! Hold on."
Charles ran back into the library,bring out a telescope and a couple maps.
He laid the maps on the table, and gave him the telescope.

Daniel accepted the telescope and looked over the landscape. It took his breath away. "You really can see everything up here..." He murmured and looked over at the maps before taking a peek through the scope. It was magical, majestic. The moon cast it's pale glow over the area making everything look as though it was bathed in a silver light.

Charles was studying the maps,then looking up at the sky.
Then back at him.
"My dad used to say that people become stars when they die." He mumbled.
"I'd rather be a star than be prince." Charles voice was solemn.
He'd rather be dead.

"The human heart is as a frail craft on which we wish to reach the stars." Daniel murmured as he leaned against the balcony. He walked over to the maps and took a look down at them, examining. "Being a star would be easier, I'm sure."

"You're quite the poet. I heard Shakespeare is big thing back in Scotland,Macbeth or something like that." He chuckled softly.

"di Bondone." Daniel flushed and nodded. "I have not yet been able to visit the Globe Theater but I would love to someday."

Charles got up and went over to his side.
"You got something on your..." Charles found what seemed to be an ink smudge on his cheek.
"Do you right?" He asked whipping it away.

"Oh... That happens. Yes I do like to write." He nodded and ran a hand through his hair very self conscoius about how he looked now in front of such a handsome and important fellow. "I enjoy writing letters, sometimes a poem or two."

Status
Not open for further replies.