The prides...Lion king fan play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
She walked close to him. "So you actually live here with the lions? How does that work. Don't lions, I don't know hate us?" She smirked, watching the animals as she walked beside him. "My name is Vivi." She moved to take a sniff of him again not getting a very good one before. He smelled pretty good. She liked that. If she would be staying in the den with him. "Don't I have to get permission to stay in the pride lands from the king or something?" She asked.

" Yes i live with lions, and yes they hate us...that is why you will shut up when i am talking to them or they might eat you " he could feel her trying to smell him and he sighed as she did so, he new it was a normal thing. The rocks grew closer and closer as they moved along " and that is why i am taking you to meet him...or her...whichever one comes first to us...lets just hope it is the lioness " he shook his head at the thought of the roaring coming from the king.

Lavallia saw Veran walking, beside him . She growled and turned to Ajura. "Into the den, NOW." She ordered. She didn't wait for a reply before leaping to the incline on Pride Rock and slid down it. She took off at a dead run towards the hyenas. Coming to a halt mere inches from the smaller hyena's face. She growled and snarled. "WHO ARE YOU? GIVE ME A GOOD REASON NOT TO MAKE YOU LION CHOW RIGHT NOW!" She snarled, then turned to Veran. "WHY DID YOU ALLOW HER INTO THE PRIDE LANDS. I have raised you like a son, and you repay me by allowing this creature to become close enough to cause chaos? What were you thinking?" She could smell that this was a female hyena. "Were you thinking she would..." Lavallia's snarl died down. She cocked her head at the female. She didn't seem to pose a threat. Perhaps...She looked to Veran.

For once in his life he stood up to Lavallia's shouting instead of putting his tail in between his legs. " Lavallia! " he snarled out looking at the ground he slowly raised his head " You know...there are no other hyenas around...and you know how i mourned when you found me...and i know you raised me...but she.." he looked to vivi " She is kin...species...blood..you would do the same if i this life was turned around....you would never cast out someone of last hope to your bloodline " his face stern tears swelling a bit in his eye. he rubbed his face along the bottom of lavallia's neck " i call you mother...i call you what you are to me...a mother...so please mother...do not crush my dreams of being a proud hyena and bringing back the life of my own. " he stepped back standing infront of vivi " and if not...then i shall go with her..and leave the pride...to go back to its origins "

Reactions: 2 people
Denali ushered his cub in closer with a paw. "Distani, you know what happened today... You could have been hurt- or worse! That was a very dangerous place for you to be." He sighed as he looked down on his daughter. Her eyes seemed so much larger at times like this, but he shook the image from his head and hardened his expression. "You know to stay away from the border to the outlands for this exact reason. And then you lied to us, Distani. You should never have to lie to your mother or me about anything. I know you're a clever cub and I take pride in that, but do not try to get yourself mixed up in the laws set down for us." Denali's tone grew somber. "Things are the way they are for a reason, it isn't safe to try and change things. Do you understand? You will be in big trouble if you are seen near the border again Distani. Now, promise me you won't go anywhere near that border again." Denali nudged the cub with his nose for a reply.

He was legitimately worried for her. None of this was her fault, that he knew, and she was not wrong for trying to cover for that outlander. There were laws though, so things had to be handled a certain way. They were in place for both the pridelander's and the outlander's sakes. At least, that's what he told himself. He heard a commotion outside but trusted Lavallia to handle things until he finished with his daughter.

Lavallia listened to Veran stand up to her. Her features softened and she listened to him speak, even nuzzled him back when he rubbed his face on her neck. When he finished speaking she tried not to let her voice waiver with emotion. "Yes my son. You are right. I will deal with Denali. He accepted you and he can accept you. I cannot promise judgment today. I cannot even promise that the pride landers will accept her. But if you choose to watch her, I will speak to Denali on her behalf. If she steps a bit out of line...I cannot promise her safety. I trust you my son." She nudged her son with her nose, then looked to the other hyena. "I will be watching you myself as well. Although, I doubt if you decide to step out of line...I will have time to deal with you myself." She looked to Veran. She nodded to him before turning towards Pride Rock. "Your father will want to meet her. But I would suggest you take her to a different part of The Pride Lands until I calm him. He is not a softy like I am, and he is very protective of the pride you know that." With that she swished her tail and headed back.
~
Distani almost began to cry and whimper as she normally did when her dad yelled at her. But she listened to everything he said. She nodded when he finished and rubbed her body between his front legs. "I understand Daddy. I just don't want to see them starve. Daddy, I could see his ribs." She looked down and put her paw over his. "I'm sorry I lied and I wont go near the out lands again. I promise." She licked at his chin and cocked her head to the side looking at him. Lavallia entered the den and looked to Denali. "I need to speak with you. Distani, why don't yo.u take Ajura and go find your aunt?" Distani turned to her mother. "But you said...." Distani looked at her confused. "I know what I said, I changed my mind." She smiled at her daughter, hoping not to give off too much worry. Distani ran over and pounced on Ajura and led her cousin to the exit."Come on let's go, before she changes her mind again!"
~
Viv watched as the lioness charged at her. OH SHIT. She thought I'm going to die. The lioness looked as if she wanted to kill her. She gave off several snarled words at her and to Veran. Vivi, tilting her head down and doing exactly as Veran had told her to do. Veran stood up to the lioness called Lavallia. As she listened to the discussion a thought dawned on Vivi. After Lavallia left, she looked to Veran..."You are the prince? How did a hyena get to be a prince in a lions pride?" She looked at him mouth agape suddenly shocked.

There was a pang in his chest when she mentioned seeing the lion's ribs. Denali lowered his head to nuzzle her as she crossed between his front paws. "I'm sorry that that was something you had to see..." He looked to the entrance when he heard another enter. It was Lavallia. He waited for Distani to leave before speaking. "I heard quite a commotion earlier. Is everything alright?" He approached his queen cautiously, feeling a rather tense air in the cave.

Afia did indeed help Niluna finish off her prey and then decided to take a stroll. Being full always made her feel like she needed to do some form of exercise- she had so much energy now! "I'll come back by later. Thank you for sharing your catch."

" i guess you can say im a prince " he shook his head looking at her " you will stay next to me at all times, even if everyone trust's you will stay beside me unless told to do different by lavallia or even if the king talks to you...and dont dare look the king in the eyes...you are still and outlander " he walked up the rock heading towards his den. He looked back at vivi to make sure she was following him and not already being nosey. He entered the den and let out a yawn before stretching himself out.

Lavallia looked to see if Distani was out of the cave. She knew she was, but she was stalling. Trying to collect her words. "Veran...Remember he always has been a great boy. We raised him that way. He's not just a boy anymore. He has grown into an adult. I believe he has found a mate. Now don't ask questions because you will understand everything. And don't do anything rash." She nuzzled his neck.* He has found another hyena. She's a female. Before you run out there to hunt her down. Listen to me. Our son has grown up. He stood up to me today because I was mad myself. He knows what he is doing, and we need to let him. Now, I'm not saying give her judgment. I'm saying give her a chance. And if you don't give it to her for her, do it for our son. He deserves that. I think he can turn her into a real pride lander, and he would be the first to know if she did anything wrong, and she would face the consequence's before you or I have a chance to stop her.
~
Vivi listened to every word and walked with him in silence. She had a lot to chew over in her mind. If he thought she was going to stay here, and be treated like an outcast, he had another thing coming. She would leave in the dead of night if she had to. Although she had never met another hyena, and it would suck to leave him behind. She had roamed all her life. But she would give this place a chance for a while first. Getting to know him. He stood between her and a mouth full of angry lioness teeth earlier. When he led her into his den and lay down, she pretty much knew he was laying down to sleep, so, she was laying down to sleep as well. She lay next to him, the den being kind of small, so that forced her to lay curled up against him.

Ajura let out a surprised yelp and batted at her cousins hind quarters as they exited the den. "I thought Auntie Lavallia punished you and you weren't supposed to leave the den?" She inquired, cocking her head to the side. "Either way, I found a huge grasshopper mount near the watering hole! There are grasshopper pouring out of it!" She said excitedly.

Denali approached the lioness cautiously. "What's wrong?"
"Veran...Remember he always has been a great boy. We raised him that way. He's not just a boy anymore. He has grown into an adult. I believe he has found a mate. Now don't ask questions because you will understand everything. And don't do anything rash."

He put on a poker face and readied himself for the news.
She nuzzled his neck.* He has found another hyena. She's a female.

Denali took a deep breath and stepped back to look at his queen.
Before you run out there to hunt her down. Listen to me. Our son has grown up. He stood up to me today because I was mad myself. He knows what he is doing, and we need to let him.
Now, I'm not saying give her judgment. I'm saying give her a chance. And if you don't give it to her for her, do it for our son. He deserves that. I think he can turn her into a real pride lander, and he would be the first to know if she did anything wrong, and she would face the consequence's before you or I have a chance to stop her.

Denali's expression only became harder the longer he listened. "So, there is a female hyena in the pridelands. If she stays with Veran I will be tolerant of her but I do not want to see her anywhere he is not. I want to speak with her tomorrow, after sunrise." He left it at that and nuzzled Lavallia. Maybe this was a good thing.

Holland had overheard Denali's lecturing to Distani from outside the cave den at the tree he was hanging around. A few minutes later he saw Distani go to join up with her cousin Ajura. Holland himself stayed at the tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.