The Power of the Blind - Interlude (OOC/Signups)

D

Daws Combine

Original poster
[SUBJECT STABLE]
[INITIATE BONDING PROCESS]

25%
50%
75%
100%
[BONDING COMPLETE]
[INITIATE A.I. MOLD UPLOAD]
25%
50%
75%
100%
[UPLOAD COMPLETE]

[PLEASE SPECIFY A.I. PARAMETERS]

[PARAMETERS SET]
[WELCOME, TO THANTOS]
________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Jefferson & Foxworthy Trust. An Ultracorperation that specialized in creating weapons for military use. They were founded in the year 5032, built as two separate businesses that joined together under shady terms. They rose to power in late 5046, seizing the political world with complete disregard for life, limb, or law. They soon united every nation under their banner of fear, threatening to nuke the world to pieces should any nation try and withdraw from their new union. They began demolishing the old world, destroying all old music, movies, books, art, and anything else that came before their takeover.

In the year 5115, the J&F Trust was all the world had known. The previous generation had died, and their knowledge of the old world died with them. The Culture Riots of 5050 were unheard of due to clever censoring by J&F. The attempted assassination of the Board of Executives in 5064 was nothing more then a myth. All rebellion was entirely crushed under the militaristic foot of the Board. Nobody even thought about a better life or freedom, because this was as free and as good as life could get.... right? Eventually, some started to ask this question. It took a long time before somebody answered with no.

At first, nobody believed them. It was just a bunch of kids spouting nonsense about a past that didn't exist. The movement was small. It's members were scarce. J&F put it off as a minor annoyance, at first. They were blinded by their own power to the point that they had illusions of immortality. When it picked up speed, they started policing the demonstrations. They beat anybody attending the speeches, killing the speakers without retribution or mercy. That's when the revolution became a rebellion. Armories were raided and battles broke out, the body count rising on both sides of the sudden, violent, and fatal war. Eventually, J&F got sick of being matched by street punks with guns. It was then that they initiated the THANTOS program.

THANTOS was a super soldier creation program that bound a select few soldiers to suits of sword wielding armor that enhanced their natural abilities hundred fold, as well as providing new ones. When soldiers began going insane due to a malfunction in the control mechanism, A.I. were created to control the combat functions. The violent sides of each subject's mind were locked down, as if put into a deep hibernation. The A.I. would awaken these violent emotions, which would build and build to the point that, upon release, the subject would fall into a rage that caused them to slaughter every living person they could see, be it friend, foe, or civilian. These soldiers were dubbed the "Reapers of Rebellion", or the RR's, for short.

The RR's soon became feared throughout the rebellion, with entire assaults being orchestrated around taking down one RR. It looked to be the end of the Rebellion. However, one young man was able to steal a prototype RR suit from a lab in the capital city. The Rebellion soon was able to reverse engineer the armor, reprogram it to attach J&F soldiers, and mass produce their own. These new soldiers, dubbed "Acts of Careful Exorcism", or Ace's, were able to turn the tide of the war back to a standstill. The battle was equal once again.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

The current year is 5146. The war has destroyed both sides of the conflict, with nothing remaining but the cities that once stood proud and loose, unspoken guidelines that prevent any other large scale conflicts from arising. RR and Ace suits have become extremely rare, with just one going for up to 30 billion dollars. Not that anybody has that kind of money, anymore. The A.I. within them, however, are a dime a dozen. They serve as personal assistants to the general populace. You could say crime is at an all time high, but you need laws for crime.

You are a citizen in the former J&F capital city. Criminality is a way of life, now, and it's one you chose to adopt. You, like almost everyone else in this city, are equipped with your own personal A.I., reprogrammed to help you in anything you need and fitted with human like personality. You may work for a Gang, the mob, or nobody but yourself. You could be a murderer, a thief, or a human trafficker. It stopped mattering years ago. All that matters is that you're alive..... right?

Hello one and all! I am pleased to welcome you to my latest creation, The Power of the Blind! The word Interlude just means that this is the hub RP from which I can branch out into other story arcs, if need be. I'm going to be taking a distant approach, to this, letting you, the player, decide the fate of the Capital City. If you wish to establish a story arch, feel free to message me the details and I will be happy to compensate with whatever you need. Other then that, this is going to be a free roaming city RP where the player will build their own story, be that by yourself or with other players (Preferably with other players)! Feel free to create any NPCs that you need and I will take control of them as needed. (Ex: Player: "[Character] walked into the gang leaders office. [Physical description of said gang leader here]. [Brief synopsis of personality]." Me: "The gang leader looked at [Character]. [Does something related to personality]." Not exactly like this, of course. Feel free to be flexible. But know that this is essentially what will happen)

And now, onto the rules!

1.) All Iwaku rules apply with absolutely no exceptions

2.) At no time should an auto hit or instant kill come into play. That is blatant god modding and pisses me off

3.) You must take a hit, no matter how small, after 4 posts of combat. Dodging to victory is stupid and also pisses me off

4.) Respect as you wish to be respected. If you don't want hate and cruel intentions thrown at you, don't throw them at other people

5.) Posts are requited to be a single paragraph minimum. I'm not asking for a Tom Clancy book, but one liners or, even worse, three word posts are unacceptable

6.) If you feel any of these rules have been broken, please let me know. A warning will be given. If a second offence occurs, you will be expelled from the Role Play via hot lead justice

7.) Have fun. None of us are here because of our immense duty to the art of Role Playing. Were here because Role Playing is good fun. Don't spoil others fun, and have fun yourself. It's what your here for, and it's what I made this for

So. This leads me right back into Character Sheets. So.... yeah. Here we go.

[Character]
Name: You can figure this out
Weapons: Weapons used by your character
Appearance: Picture or Description
Specialty: Thievery, Assassination, Con Artistry, ect.
Dislikes: Not likes

[A.I.]
Name: Yeah....
Personality: Personality your A.I. has been loaded with
Appearance: Most A.I. can be linked to anything with a screen, giving a face to it. Can be a picture or a description​

Hey Daws. Interesting concept! I have a questions though. The AI's are carried around how? PDA like things or do you have something larger in mind? Do you have a limit on weapons? Since it is so far in the future are normal projectile guns still used? Lasers or other things?

As it is far future, the sky is the limit when it comes to weaponry. It doesn't matter if it's projectile or laser or whatever based. You could have a rocket launcher powered by the hopes and dreams of children, for all I care. Also, I understand that I was unclear on A.I. and I'm sorry, about that. Generally, A.I. are stored in a chip implanted in a subjects brain. One of the functions of the chip is to be able to project a digital face onto anything with a screen. Hence, the appearance section of the A.I. thing. Once again, I'm sorry for not being too clear.

That's good to know! Another question though. Sorry! How does it project itself? Wire or some sort of wi-fi? And is it possible the AI can talk to the person it's implanted in without being projected? The surgery to implant the AI done at a young age? Is it required or optional?

It's all good! Chips are implanted at birth. Seeing that there are no laws, it isn't REQUIRED per-say. Parents just do it because it's practically impossible to live without one. The A.I. cannot talk to the user without being projected. The A.I. projects itself because this sort of science is essentially magic and I thought it would be cool.