The power of one woman's blood

She packed a suitcase full of clothing and hygene products in a daze and used her cell phone to call her parents and tell them she would be visiting them.

"So, brother o' mine...Do you understand why I chose her...?" Oh...Max knew all along? How...interesting.

"Yeah, I understand. Two reasons behind it but mainly to torment me is my best guess." Alec said with a smirk.

"If it was to torment you, I would have snatched her while you two were dating....Or even ask her out myself, but after Clair...Yeah, no thanks." Max shrugged.

"She is he one who broke up with me, but what's the whole thing with her blood you want?"

"For it's pure magic qualities. Mine's gone bad so I needed a new source." Max sighed. "The shame of going dark..."

Kellen got her things packed and closed up her suitcase. She cautiously headed back downstairs, expecting a trap to spring up on her. None did until she got outside, a thorny vine instantly wrapping up her legs, making her loose her balance and fall. She yelped as the vine tightened around her.

Max heard the commotion outside. "Oops...Forgot that there was about thirteen other traps in the area...I think she's caught in the thorn trap..."

Alex sighed leaving his brother laying on the floor. "Better go save her... You know you could've always asked me for blood."

"Its bad enough that I'm related to you, brother." Max called after him. Guess he can drag himself away to go chill...Or teleport to his room...Hm.

"What? You embarrassed to be related to a good person?" Alec yelled after him putting an anti teleporting spell on the house.

She struggled, not sure how to access her power again nor what to do if she did. She pulled on the vines, the thorns pricking her skin and making shallow scratches.

"No...Just..." Just what? Trying to not depend on his older brother? Trying to get along on his own? Trying to not seem pathetic even more? Who knows.

"Just what?" Alec yelled helping his ex out of the thorns.

Max didn't reply- the fact he couldn't come up with the reason of why he didn't ask his brother for blood just made him angry-
Angry enough that his dark weather magic went active and summoned a miniature lightning storm around him.

"That's what I thought." Alec coughed helping Kell to her feet.

Max growled lowly. Suddenly, a bolt of lightning bounced across the wall and out a window, sending a spray of molten glass.

Kellen dusted herself off, leaving small blood smears everywhere from her pricked hands. "Can you please refrain from destroying my house any more then it already is?" She snapped.

"Tell that to my brother." Alec replied offering his hand out to heal him.

She frowned a little. "That's who I was talking to." She paused, looking thoughtful. "What am I?" She asked suddenly, looking at Alec.