Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. Multiple posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
On fairly regularly, every day. I'll notice a PM almost immediately. Replies come randomly.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
  2. No Preferences
Genres
High fantasy is my personal favorite, followed closely by modern fantasy and post-apocalyptic, but I can happily play in any genre if the plot is good enough.

• Necromancer x Priest/Nun/Paladin

The Holy Empire of Light is a thriving Theocracy. Blessed by the Goddess of Light, the Empire's reach spreads across the entire world. And at the very head of the Theocracy is the Holy Pope, a person hand-chosen by the Goddess herself and blessed with immeasurable holy power. It is the pope's responsibility to lead the Empire according to the will of the Goddess.

In the doctrine of the Goddess of Light, there is no practice reviled more than that of Necromancy. The disturbed result of the Nether King's insatiable hatred for the living, the Restless Dead plague the land, and it is only the efforts of the Holy Empire that prevent them from flooding the land. And those who would dare attempt to put that power to use are to be exterminated without question.

But all is not as well in the Holy Empire as it seems. Shadows stalk through the Theocracy, seeking not only to bring an end to the Pope's reign, but also to unravel the entire Holy Empire. And such shadows have stretched as far as the Royal Palace, where a grim night suddenly sees the Pope and his family poisoned.

With his incredible holy power, the Pope is able to save himself, but it is a death sentence for the remainder of his family. However, miraculously, one of his sons was able to survive. Now the only survivor of the Pope's lineage, he is whisked away to safety outside the palace, under the guardianship of a loyal priest.

However, no one knows the truth that the Pope's son did die that evening. However, at the same moment on the opposite side of the kingdom, a Necromancer who had lived his entire life hiding in the shadows was facing his final moments after being hunted by the Paladins of the Light Guard. When their blades removed his head from his shoulders, he somehow reawoke in the body of the Pope's son, with his magic now a strange, impossible amalgamation of Holy and Demonic energy.

With a second life granted to him so suddenly, the Necromancer is determined to live well. However, with a conspiracy threatening his life, how can a Necromancer possibly survive as the Son of the Holy Pope?

• Hello Iwaku! Normally I try to make my interest checks a bit broader, but this is a plot that I've been craving for a while, ever since a book with a similar premise proved to be nowhere near as good as I hoped it would be. D: Come help me make a better story!

Unsurprisingly, I will be playing the Necromancer in this pairing. I intentionally left the information on the priest/nun vague, so that you can create a character you also find suitable to the story. I'm also fine if you want to make a Paladin, or some other subset of the Holy Empire.

This story is open to MxM, MxF, or platonic relationships. I really want the Necromancer to be a male, so unfortunately FxF is not an option.

I've already got this world fairly fleshed out in my head, especially in the way magic works. While I'm always willing to be flexible on things, I do expect it to generally fit within already existing constraints of this world. Please ask about it if you'd like to know specifics, or I can just reveal more as the story goes on.

The story will start out a bit slower, to give our characters time to get to know each other and build up their relationship. However, as soon as we're both ready, we can launch into the meat of the story, which involves lots of zombies, skeletons, assassins, and conspiracies. I don't have many details for the plot, so I'm more than happy to add any events you'd like~

However, note that, while there will unquestionably be comedic elements in this story due to the way the Necromancer's new magic is going to behave, for the most part this is going to be a darker story. This world isn't a happy place, and even the supposed bastions of justice aren't always the good guys.

• Just some quick information to give you a sense of this stranger on the internet you might be spending some time with. :)
    • Over 21 years of age.
    • Adept to advanced writer. I've been on Iwaku for 6 and a half years, so lots of writing experience.
    • Avid worldbuilder. I love exotic fantasy worlds not rooted in traditional western fantasy.
    • Ditch friendly. Life is hard. I'd appreciate a message, but if you need to leave, feel free to take off. I'll message you a couple times, and then wait. Feel free to wander back whenever.
    • Flexible writer, length wise. I can go anywhere between 100 and 1000 words, so long as the post moves the plot forward.
    • Plays main characters of all genders and orientations.
    • Plays multiple main characters and/or NPCs as needed.
    • Romance flexible. Happy to include it in stories, happy to leave it out. Fine with MxM, FxF, MxF, nBxanything.
    • Fade to black only, barring very, very rare, plot-based exceptions. Mostly, I don't do smut.
    • Currently replying every day or every other day. Can't guarantee that'll always be the case.
    • Has Discord. I'd like to plot there, if you're down. If not, no worries.
    • Thread writer. I don't like roleplaying in PMs.
    • Middle level social. Want to chat? I'm down. Want to stay focused on the story? That's fine.
    • Anything else you want to know? Just ask.

• Since this is only one plot, and I have high expectations for it, I'm probably not going to be going for a first come, first served model. I'm a flexible partner who can write with a wide variety of people, but here are some of my hopes for you.
    • Active, hopefully averaging a post every other day. Obviously there are going to be moments where you just get busy and don't have time to write, but hopefully those times are also balanced with moments where you're free to do some back and forth in one day. ^_^
    • Adept to Advanced writing quality. I don't want to have to drive this story or flesh out this world on my own. It is expected that you'll also play NPCs as this story moves past the earliest parts.
    • Barring scene-specific exceptions, a minimum of 3-5 paragraphs per post, with more always welcome.
    • Active on Iwaku. I'm not willing to take this story off-site.
    • Has several different writing samples. Best if I can find one of your roleplays, since there's no better way to get to know how someone writes, but if not sending me a few posts of varying styles will also work.

• Congrats on making it through all that! If you're still interested, please send me a PM! I'm looking forward to getting to know you and seeing if we'd make great writing buddies.