The Politics of Demons and Angels

"Oni?!" Cesare exclaimed before he thought. "That..." Oni was the demon that forced him out of heaven, and he did it because Cesare knew he was a demon. "That man is a monster." But why is he on earth? Cesare wondered, looking around nervously.

"Thank you." She calls after him, compassionately. She was not going to run after him, though he was rather attractive. She felt thankful. It's wasn't like her sword could do much damage as the blade was reversed. That didn't mean she wasn't able to fight and knock an opponent out; she always loved the line that swords were made to defend. But she also knew the actuality of the world, swords were a tool created to kill. She shook her head, he was right to call her that but in a sense he wasn't exact right. It wasn't the fight she couldn't stand, it was the killing. Her hands had always remained cleaned, not stained with the blood of someone's death. Oni was a familiar name, she knew of him.

Auzen turned to the woman and nodded. "You are very welcome." He looked to the male again. "Oni is a demon raised by angels, he was bound to be fucked up in the end." He nodded to the man, then looked to the woman, his expression softening again. "Don't get yourself killed over some pathetic dispute okay?" He said with a warm smile.

She chuckled to herself, if only life was that simple and she was a different person. "That is a death I would rather have then sitting and watching people die. It's my only reason for being now." She stated softly, a torn in her eyes but she held herself strong and with a head held high. "I can not promise such a thing. I am sorry." She said to him.

Cesare was unsure what to think. But, he couldn't wait for the possibility of finding and killing Oni. He decided he should be on his way. He nodded gingerly at Auzen, and then at Gabrielle. "I...suppose our meeting ends here."

"Suppose so." He said without looking away from the woman. "Oh, and don't go dying. I'll find you if you do." He said in that same monotone. It was true, Auzen could see the spirits of the dead, so he could very well find him should he go getting himself killed. "Though I don't know what exactly an angels soul would do in the afterlife. I've only ever handled the humans personally." He tilted his head at the girl. "Do you really believe yourself to be so worthless that your life is no more important than the belligerent bickering of fools?"

"I suppose so, be careful out there." She said to Cesare, looking at him before whipping her head around to stare at Auzen. She stared at him for awhile, before making a ghost of a smile. "Yes actually, my existence is quite unnecessary. It's not the bickering I am concerned with, it's the threat of killing someone. I refuse to watch someone spill their blood in front of me." She stated, ignoring that he figured out she was a angel, well not exactly but he was close.

Auzen stood up straight and spoke in a deeper tone, though still flat. "All existence is unnecessary, the fact that we are here is simply thus. That does not mean that we should simply throw it to the wind. Your life is precious, every life is precious, because it exists beyond what is necessary. Something is only ever necessary for another." Auzen paused, realizing why it was that he felt the need to push this view at her. He shook his head a sighed. "I am unnecessary, that does not mean that I would throw my life to some idiot in a fight over nothing. That is truly unnecessary. It doesn't matter what you do, idiots will fight over dumb shit all the time. They're doing it as we speak. Dying for one moronic event is pointless and solves nothing. It's not even a sacrifice, it's suicide. There is no meaning to it. I have been unnecessary for a very long time now.... though... I still do the job I was meant for, under the radar of course. I guess that's what you're doing as well isn't it?" He said, slapping himself mentally for rambling on like that. He's supposed to be stoic, not ramble about the personal importance of an individual. That was contrary to what he was putting out there. He's not supposed to give a shit about any of that.

Cesare had begun to walk away, but turned his head upon hearing this. It was true, what he said, but Cesare couldn't help but wonder if there was any honor in dying for someone. Cesare spoke up, unsure if they even knew he was still there. "You're wrong." He had decided. "You are wrong. Life is precious, but that's why we should fight for it. I am only in this world because of my family in hell! The men who cared for me when I was lost, I am here fighting for their survival. This isn't just some petty fight, like everyone else I've encountered seems to this. This is a war, all out war, and I am fighting for the side that many think I should not be fighting for." He stopped speaking for a moment, then felt he should say something further, "...but I am fighting for what I think is right. You should do the same Gabrielle. Don't listen to this fool."

Up ahead a group of three were talking, although one was slightly walking away. The conversation held an intriguing notion, an argument that had lasted through every century. He couldn't hear everything they were saying, but as he neared, more of it became clear. Their auras also caught his interest. Hunting one down for the night and applying some much needed torture tingled his senses. Oh, how the value of life could change when a creature of dark, painful foreplay entered the scene. He'd managed to make even the most depressed and self-haters beg for mercy.

He didn't bother to close in his aura, oh no, he allowed that delicious prickling feeling of sinful desire to spread out as he moved. He was eager to see how it would effect the two guys and one chick…

Oni finally caught up to Auzen. You can't escape me, he thought, out of breath. However, soon after he saw someone else. Someone unfamiliar. He had met most angels and demons, but he didn't pick up anything from his memory. So, letting curiousity get the better of him as always, he decided to see what this man was all about. He had almost forgotten all about Auzen already.

He jumped down behind the mysterious man, "What are you doing here, and who are you?" He tried to stay to the shadows as much as possible.

Gabrielle looked between the two men again, she picked her words carefully not to anger either. "I understand what you are saying, but one life is worth the trouble.. it does not matter the idiot whose this life belongs to it is still a life to me. As you said at the end there, I am doing the thing I need to do." She explains to Auzen. She gave him a small smile. "Besides if not me, who?" She looks at the other male now, giving him a smile. "I always do what I think is right, no problem. Though I do not agree with you wanting to fight in war. Mass wars cause mass death and that causes death to both your family and friends." She tells him, before feeling very uneased. She placed a hand to her hilt of the sword to soothe her, though she was very aware of his aura. "Another person.." She glances at Cesare. He's a magnet for angels and demons alike, she thinks.

The voice from the shadows caught his attention, and he turned only his head slightly. Someone had noticed him; interesting. he pocketed his hands into those tight jeans and spun on his heels. Something about the aura from the shadows reminded him of home in some odd way. Those gold and blue eyes speared through the darkness, glistening.

"I'm Raev," He had always been fearless stating his name, "And you are?"

The chick, no more than five feet away now, gripped the hilt of her sword. Her delicious unease brought a sense of pleasure and excitement to the human-disguised demon. This was going to be fun.

Oni stepped forward. "My name is Oni. I work under the king." He had his own hands stuffed in his pockets, not batting an eye as he stared Raev down in the dark area.

Raev took only a second to size him up and digest his words. 'Under the king?' He didn't like the sounds of that, but smiled regardless as the name Oni came to mind. he'd heard things, not much, but enough to know there was more to this kid than met the eye. Raev swallowed up his tempting evil aura and sipped his coffee. So much for dealing this mere humans... whatever he walked himself into was going to be a challenge. Oh, had he been dying for one.

"So what are you doing here exactly?" The question was patronizing, soaked in velvet and bells. Raev had poor people skills, but a voice that stirred temptation.

Oni spoke in a calm voice, intrigued by the way Raev spoke to him. "I am currently commanding the angels army. I'm just here tying up some loose ends before the real fighting starts." He gave Raev a smirk and a condescending look. "I would like to know the same thing about you. Why is someone like you hanging around on earth?"

This little guy was commanding the army of angels? Was this some kind of joke? All Raev had to do was kill off the kid and the war would be half finished, wouldn't it? That irresistible sensation to taste flesh hit him hard--oh, this could be so easy. Would it drive the angels to chaos if their army leader died here on the plains of earth before the true battle even broke out? He turned to Oni, giving his coffee a shake. It was empty; that made him frown. He was still thirsty, oh so very thirsty.

"I came here to play," Raev answered with a smirk, but it faltered when he recovered his memory and why that name, Oni hit a chord. This wasn't just any kid. He knew the angels to be stupid, pathetic creatures, but they weren't that ignorant. Starting something here with Oni on guard would wind up in a game of cat and mouse. He wanted the boy to be off guard. Raev hated playing by the rules--and besides, that look of surprise and fear was intoxicating.

"Putting out fires, huh?" He crossed his arms, smirk tugging at the corners of his mouth, "Isn't that a waste of your time, Oh Mighty Leader of Angels?" His voice dripped with velvet, sweet, but richly condescending.

Oni laughed a bit, "You flatter me. This is more than I could've asked for from a pathetic creature of the night." His voice was soft and playful. He liked to play games as well, and if that was what this man wanted, he would give him a run for his money. "So," he began, seeing that bloodthirsty look come over Raev's eyes, "You wish to kill me, am I correct?" He glanced over Raev's shoulder, looking at the three angels that were behind him. "In front of all these people? Surely you jest. Do you know the riot that would cause in both of our worlds?"

Auzen chuckled at the angels words. "Fools call fools sir. I was only saying that should you put your life on the line, let be for a cause with meaning, not a street fight between handfuls of pride." He turned and gazed at the newcomer, his empty eyes sizing the man up. The aura spewed demon into the air like vomit. Auzen seemed unaffected by the presence of the demons, he couldn't care less about this 'war'. Though something did come to mind when Oni spoke. "Tying up loose ends you say?" Auzen's hand twitched towards the weapon he had hidden down the leg of his cloth, though he restrained himself with ease. "If you are leading the angels Oni, why did you try to kill me? Why am I a loose end in the eyes of heaven? I want no part in your feud, I am neutral in this, what are you playing at?" He stepped between the woman and the demons, his eyes lingering between Oni and the Raev.

Cutting off loose ends. Gabrielle glanced around, they were all so focused on each other. She slowly backed up, turning to leave now. Loose ends, she would be one of those loose ends. The hunt would never end for her and as much as she knew a fight may very well might break loose, for the moment, she needed to escape. She figured if a fight were to break out, none of them would die. She just had that gut feeling.