The Politics of Demons and Angels

Gabrielle sighed in relief that she did not need to fight. She really didn't like fighting honestly, but she had to put a stop to it. She lowered her sword and stood up straight, looking at her a bit confused. "You were chasing this man, you looked like a bat flying from hell." She tells her. "He is speaking the truth and I would never raise my sword against a innocent." She explains. She looked at the man and then her gaze returns to the girl. "I don't know what you two were about to fight about, but using bloodshed as the answer is never the way to go." She says sternly before sheathing her sword slowly and carefully, just in case one went for the other.

Cesare looked to the ground sadly, worried it might have been his fault in some way. "I apologize," he said to Alienor, " I must have startled you by following you. You see, I've gotten myself lost. This is my first time in this part of town, and I'm not too sure where I am at. Please take my word that I never meant any harm to you." He bowed with his hands pressed together in front of his chest, just as the samurai he lived with had taught him to do. He missed them, but they were the reason he was here. He had to protect his family at all costs.

Auzen sighed hard. "Is it too much to ask to enjoy a simple cup of coffee in peace?" He asked, shaking his head. He knew who it was, he recognized the 'angel-demon', as he liked to call him, when they were back at the coffee shop. "Oh my Oni, I'm rather offended that you do not recognize me." He said in a plain tone that made it painfully apparent that he couldn't give a shit less. He took a sip of his coffee again, then sat upright. He turned to look at Oni, a blank expression on his face. "What do you want?" He asked plainly. He wasn't one to socialize, in fact he rather despised the company of angels and demons. Humans were for the most part oblivious and in their own little world, he enjoyed not being pestered by them, as normally they would keep to themselves. Social creatures, humans, but they tend to stay in their separate social groups for the most part.

Still glaring at both of the people that stood before her, Alienor took a deep breath. She couldn't say that she had centred herself exactly, but she was perhaps a little calmer than she had been a few moments ago. "Whatever your story, it's over now." Alienor said plainly, deflecting the idea of her being mentally deranged, despite the fact that she was actually well aware of this fact. It just wasn't something she liked other people telling her. Who would?

"If you need directions, the traditional way of getting them is by asking, not by tailing people. You're a moron." And now she was all casual derision. There was still an odd air of melancholy about her, but most of her outward signals were fairly relaxed and nonchalant. It was a nice change from insane aggression.

Gabrielle chuckled at her comment and then nodded her head. "Well seems everything worked out here." She muses, looking at Cesare. "It seems you are wounded, can I in anyway help you?" She asked him, shoulder off her pack. She had all she needed to fix his wound but good and new but he would have to agree. She never treated anyone who didn't want to be treated.

Oni looked surprised, "Auzen! I thought you died with the rest of your group! No wonder I couldn't focus on you." He gave a playful, but somewhat menacing, smirk and asked, "So, how have you been, old...friend? Have you missed me?" He chuckled and grinned widely. He felt even more intrigued, but tried to appear as if he didn't care. He walked up closer to Auzen and glanced over the side of the building. "Beautiful aren't they? All of those humans, so easy to destroy... So fun to play with..." He zoomed in and out all around the city, watching the humans frolic.

---

Cesare looked at Gabrielle a little surprised. "I would be very grateful if you would tend to my wounds." He avoided her eyes. Images of his fiance flashed before him everytime he met her gaze. He felt his shimmering cheeks flush a bit and hoped she wouldn't notice.

Auzen sighed. "There's a reason you all think I'm dead you know. I've made it a point to separate myself from everything. Not a simple task mind you, if it weren't for my ability to travel wherever I see fit I would not have been able to keep it up thus far by a long shot." He took a sip of his coffee and chuckled. "It was only a matter of time before one of you found me out I suppose." He looks up at the sky, shaking his head. "The humans are not powerful, but they are stronger than most of us because of this... I suppose the joy from playing with them, as you say, depends on your point of view. It is what it is any which way you look at it." He takes another sip of his coffee, watching a bird fly through the clouds overhead.

It wouldn't be the first time some flushed from speaking to her, as most humans did for angels and demons. She opened up her pack, giving him a small smile. She treats his wounds with lightening speed. Cleaning it, fixing it, bandaging it. She was swift, but it wasn't the first time she had bandaged someone up, not by a long shot. She gave him that small smile again, taking a few steps back. She puts her stuff away in her bag, throwing it back on. "Good and new." She tells him.

Oni sighed and watched the bird. "I feel sorry for you angels and the creatures on this planet." He stepped a few inches closer. "It doesn't take very much..." he lifted up his foot and without a care in his voice finished the sentence, "For you to die." He pushed off with his foot, kicking Auzen off the building with only a short snicker.

---

Cesare was embarrassing himself more the more he talked, but he didn't want Gabrielle to leave his sight. "So...where are you from?" He asked her nervously. It wasn't as if he would know of any town she said, because he was unfamiliar with the human world, but to hear her talk somehow made him happy. It wasn't as if he liked her, but nonetheless he felt very comforted by her. Cesare, being the trusting person he is, never would have guessed her to be one of them.

Auzen smiled to himself as he was kicked, finally some headway. He let himself be knocked over the edge, falling headfirst through a veil of light halfway to the ground, throwing a sly smirk in Oni's direction just before he was gone. What a putz. The veil disappeared as soon as he had went through. He came out of the other side falling upwards, rising out of his veil from the momentum of falling before gravity took down to his feet. He chuckled to himself, shaking his head. "What an assbasket." He looked up to find himself standing next to a girl treating a mans wounds. He stared at them for a moment in surprise, trying to think of what to say. He had just rose out of a veil of light that disappeared as he dropped back to the ground right in front of them. He thought hard, human were rather gullible creatures that desire security, they would probably believe just about anything he said at this point. "Uuuhh.... Tah-dah. You have now witnessed Gene, the amazing master of the illusory arts." He smiled, looking from the girl to the man, then back again. He stood there for a moment, unsure if they bought his story. Then after a bit, he decided he just didn't give a shit anymore and shrugged. "Well then..." He said, looking around. "Good day to you, citizens." He gave them another smile, turned around, and started walking away.

Oni stared, dumbfounded. How did he do that so fast?! he thought with a growl rising from his throat. He had no way to find where the man had disappeared to. He would have to give up pursuit; just for now.

---

Cesare looks surprised and then scared. Another angel. Would he recognize Cesare? Cesare certainly recognized him. One of the forgotten angels, as they were called. He tried to think of any possible way they could have met before. Had he robbed him in his life as an angel? Killed anyone close to him? He didn't know. He couldn't remember. Just the fact that he was an angel was terrifying to Cesare, as he had never gotten along with any angels, even when he lived with them. He had been a pirate; a fiend of the seas. He wanted to run, but decided it was better to play it cool.
"Are you alright? You fell from...a pretty high place." He worded this as carefully as he could.

Auzen froze when he heard this, mentally cursing his misfortune, how is it that he managed to show himself to two non humans in one day? He sighed with a scrunched face before putting on a smile and turning around to face the man. He looked a tad familiar, but then again there were not many that Auzen had not encountered at some point in his life. He got the feeling this guy was an angel as well, and now that he got a good look at the two, so was the female. He slapped a hand to his face and let it drag off the side before giving an exasperated sigh. "Just my luck." He said quietly. "It was more of a push than a fall really, I am fine. Don't look so worried, I never planned to land on you." He eyed the woman, she was rather attractive, for whatever that meant. He shifted a bit, not really wanting to be stuck in conversation with more non-humans, Oni was enough for one day.

Cesare wasn't sure what he should say. Should he speak up and ask this man who he was, or just leave it at that. "Wait, someone pushed you?" A demon attack, maybe? Or a rebellious angel? Cesare gripped his shoulder gently so he wouldn't run off. "Who pushed you? It's...kind of important." He looked away nervously.

Auzen tensed up as the man touched him. He looked at the mans hand with a scowl that said very clearly 'Do not touch me'. He swooped the arm attached to the shoulder that was grasped up and out from the inside, knocking the mans arm away from him with force while simultaneously thrusting his other palm into the mans solar plexus, forcing him a couple steps back. Auzen stood straight again and stared at the man. "You're idea of important is not my problem. Touching me will be your problem should you try that again, you've been warned." He rolled his shoulders and sighed. "It was a casual encounter between old.... acquaintances... nothing more or less."

Cesare new the man would leave if he didn't say something quick. Still gripping his chest from the blow he had been given, he whispered where only Auzen could hear, "I know you're an angel. I have every right and motive to kill you right now. Now tell me, who was it you just met?" He no longer wore the face of a subordinate. His jaw tightened and he stared intently into Auzen's uncaring eyes. He dropped his hand to his side and his palm began to glow.

Auzen raised an eyebrow at the man. "I know you know, I don't care." Auzen took a slow, deep breath inward, exhaling as he took an isshinryu seisan stance. His muscles seemed to thicken as he focused on the man, a faint glow resonating from him. "Are threats the only way you know to gain information? I do not negotiate with hostiles. If it is a fight you want I can surely give it to you, try me." Auzen stared back into the mans eyes, his detached, calm focus rather out of place in his current position. "Or you can ask politely and perhaps I would be more inclined to acquiesce to tell you my business." He waited for the man to make his move, swaying back and forth to either side slightly, ready to turn the momentum into a dodge or parry.

Gabrielle was thankful that the attention of the scene was now between the two men. She didn't know what she would answer with, probably state a random city name but then more questions would follow. She looked between the boys, noticing the change in attitudes. "Please don't fight." She says softly. "I really don't want to break a fight up right now." She adds quickly, trying to act as human as possible. She glances at Auzen, but he was not at all familiar. Then again they were from and worked in different areas. As she was only allowed with the monks and elderly her whole life in heavens. She was also so young at the time when she was there. She lets out another sigh, they were all angels, but one betrayal was enough. She didn't want to be dragged back, or have her wings clipped.

One eye turned to look at the woman, he sighed focusing both eyes back on the man once more. "You say that as if you would stand a chance against the two of us combined. Please, stay out of this. I have no desire to quarrel with anyone, talk to your man friend here about fighting or not. He is the offender here." His tone was flat and calm, same as his eyes. His swaying remained constant in his firm stance as he awaited for the mans decision.

"You state that as if I cared that I had a chance between you two or not." She states, just as flat and calm. "I will not stand by and watch two people fight." She places a hand on her hilt, just in case it is a needed action.

Auzen chuckled a bit. "You can't stand to see people fight and yet you fight to end fighting? Even if it could cost you your life? How hypocritically foolish." He said in his monotone. He stood straight, his muscles returning to normal, losing his glow. He would not allow her to do such a thing. He sighed, figuring he must be equally foolish. "I have no part in your war, the angel-demon Oni attacked me. Rather half assed at that." He turned and started to walk away. "Good day to you. Don't follow me." He said, as he had the sneaking suspicion that this may just be the case. He shook his head slowly, he would simply veil away, but there were too many witnesses. He walked this area commonly. The last thing he wanted was for some humans that see him often to catch a glimpse of such a thing.