The Pocket Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slenderman

Original poster
As the title said,I just wanna know where could I bought a pocket watch?and not an expensive one.Doesn't matter if they are just a cheap brand or doesn't have any brands.Just want a working pocket watch.Tried using Amazon once...and they delivered a broken and I'm still waiting for my refund...I just love the looking of the pocket watch.Just think about it,wearing monocle and looking at your pocket watch like a butler or noble family would do :D How cool is that!

I've seen them at my local malls. Where I got my first one as a gift to a friend. I bought a wind up one at an antique shop.

Reactions: Slenderman
I've seen them at my local malls. Where I got my first one as a gift to a friend. I bought a wind up one at an antique shop.

I've been doing some research in google.But the cheapest would be around $0.99...I just can't accept that thought.I'm thinking about buying a pocket watch that are above $5.00.Anyway,thanks.

Pocket watches are always going to be expensive, unless you're fine with a cheap one that breaks/unwinds all the time, in which case for repair costs you may as well pay for quality

I used to have the Fullmetal Alchemist pocket watch; it's super flimsy but it costs between $50 and $100

Remember you get what you pay for.

I've got a silver pocketwatch with my name engraved on the back. Was a gift from my grandfather who got it from his grandfather, it's got five generations of names engraved on it with room for plenty more. Still works like a dream.

Keep it hanging next to my monitor. Would wind it if it wasn't so annoying going CLICK CLICK CLICK for 3 days at a time.. Otherwise, love it.

Also, you're better off getting a wrist watch. Since it seems you're wanting a dirt cheap pocket watch for the sake of pulling one out for fashion or style's sake.

Reactions: Minibit
I love the ticking of my watch actually, but I'm weird like that.

Wal-Mart has them for like $20 they're okay. if you want a nice good quality one. I suggest Daktoa Watches. I have a wind up from there and it's lovely. My dad has an antique one that was a railroad conductors.... it's like.....I dunno 80 - 100 I don't remember what my mom spent on it. If you get a wind up be VERY CAREFUL not to overwind it. you'll break the main coil and it's a pricey repair. The ones I got from wal-mart just had batteries die. i was too lazy to replace them. Another thing....if you do a lot of physical work do NOT use a good chain. Get a second chain for work or you'll have to get it repaired a lot.... my dad's breaks monthly. So I gave him an old cheapo that he can break and not be angry about.

Reactions: Ochalla
Status
Not open for further replies.