The Pheraxis Saga: Rebirth ((OOC/Interest Check))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't the movement issue be how he was bound to the scarecrow?
Breaking off parts weakens the body as a whole as it becomes harder and harder to contain such a powerful entity? It's all speculation and up to the creator I guess. Hell, he could be thrown into a wood chipper, then come out the other end and put himself back together with a few more splinters.

Well obviously burning him is going to release the spirit. A body can't survive a chemical reaction like that. But break off a limb? Tie it back on.

I guess that's up to you. What Orrib can do isn't changed by how much it would actually help.
True. Soooo... Want to have a scarecrow-vampire fight?

Well obviously burning him is going to release the spirit. A body can't survive a chemical reaction like that. But break off a limb? Tie it back on.
True. Soooo... Want to have a scarecrow-vampire fight?
I think it's too early to be talking fights now, but since he is a servant of Garibaldi, there's a great chance it'll come to that.

Is there an IC up or is this just slow?

Just slow I'm figuring. Hard to tell though. The other one was rather sluggish as well.

Fair enough.

Unless anyone else has anything to add I s'pose I can get it started. Really wish I had more to work with in terms of that setting. It's so vast and we've only so many people.. Though wary as I am to alter it much more than I have already.

That and it's awfully tempting to write up a lamia alchemist..

Rayn Night
(Formally known as Oleg of the Green Praries)

yourav16.jpg

Race: Human

Height: 5'8"
Build: Average

Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown

Calling: Ex-Diabolist, now Holy Purifier of the Ivory Inquisition
Affiliation: Ivory Inquisition

Equipment:

- Text of the Holy One: A sacred book that Rayn has deciphered, with the use of both the language of Hell and the Heavens, to reveal its true magic to him. It contains most of the stronger rituals for Banishing and Purifying. Contains the secrets of sacred Conjuration, which is for a magic made to dispel and counter other magic. It is said it was a mix from the Inquisitors of the Ivory Inquisition and the profane text of Demonolgy and Witchcraft. It is a book that is, for now, only understood by Rayn.

- The Holy Cudgel: A mace blessed from the Ivory Inquisition. It is nothing more than a weapon made to fight the heretics.

-Inquisition robes: Nothing more than holy robes of the church

- Golden Holy Symbol of the Holy One: A one of a kind amulet worn by Rayn. It is said that it is the source of the now divine power Rayn grasps that the Ivory Inquisition cherish so much.

- Flasks of Holy Water

Personality:

He is exactly what you would think of a Diabolist who has turned to the Ivory Inquisition… Cold and humorless. He says to have seen things no mortal being should ever see and now has to live with the consequences of his acts… He is seen as rude and devout to tell the truth, rather it be good or bad. Some say he has lost a lot of his sanity, but he says that everything is still intact, just that he has a new perspective for his life.

Background:

Oleg was originally raised as an only child by his father… Which was a practitioner of the Dark Arts. He was given a life of initial torment and fear as his father went mad with this magic. He delt with the creatures of Hell, became their puppet, their slave. It was a wonder how the father was even able to keep his madness in check to take care of his son. But he managed to do it.

During his teens, his father was ripped away from him. Demons came to take his soul, his body, his madness, his power… Unwillingly, he followed in. Not being part of the pact, his body was ejected back to the world of the living. But what he had seen could not be unseen. It was enough to push the young man to near insanity… And driven for revenge. His father was all he had. And so, he took on the work of his father, but for a different purpose than power. He was doing it for revenge.

The years followed as he continued to research the demonic magic, their realm of existance… Until he made the contract with a nameless demon. The deal was that Oleg could travel to the neither world in search of something. In exchange, the demon could have his soul upon his death. The contract was done and Oleg was brought to this world of madness.

No one knows exactly what happened to him while he traveled those realms, but he came back out, changed… And with a book and an amulet in hand. He immediately began to do more research on his newly acquired items, making sense of everything. When he discovered the true power within these items, he immediately went to the Ivory Inquisition, demonstrating his Hoyl might… It wasn't hard to say that he became a member of the Holy Crusaders as a Purifier… Although the Inquisition was curious about these powers, they would not question it for now.

Reactions: Windsong
Your character seems pretty good, but I'm afraid I an issue. I don't know how the Ivory Inquisition works this time around, but the old one would have absolutely nothing to do with the Dark Arts, or the practitioners or ex-practitioners of it. With his history and that book he's got, I'd say Oleg would have been branded a heretic pretty quickly and hunted down.

Also, does the Inquisition really have stuff like holy water and the like? This isn't Christianity, and from what I understood, their concepts of Heaven and Hell didn't coincide with the Christian one.

By the way, are we going to have Mother Mercy as the leader of the Inquisition in this version as well?

It's a cool concept for a character, but he would likely have been killed for the high crime of heresy as soon as he let his guard down.

If someone's pious enough with enough fervor they might be willing to overlook it for the time being if he's still useful. Necessary evil and whatnot.

Your character seems pretty good, but I'm afraid I an issue. I don't know how the Ivory Inquisition works this time around, but the old one would have absolutely nothing to do with the Dark Arts, or the practitioners or ex-practitioners of it.

With his history and that book he's got, I'd say Oleg would have been branded a heretic pretty quickly and hunted down.Also, does the Inquisition really have stuff like holy water and the like? This isn't Christianity, and from what I understood, their concepts of Heaven and Hell didn't coincide with the Christian one.

By the way, are we going to have Mother Mercy as the leader of the Inquisition in this version as well?

I would see it being an issue, but there are many ways to see this.

1. Oleg didn't NEED to tell them that he got the book and the amulet in Heresy ways (I should have put it in my Bio.) He is not going to flat out say ''I made a contract with X to get this Holy book.'' cause he knows better. I'll add in something to change that a little.

2. For the Heaven, Hell and God, ok. But none of it is really defined, so I went with something vague enough that could be altered. The Holy One could be a specific god of this world (If any). Heaven and Hell can change for other things (It does talk about a neither realm probably resembling Hell which, again , I can switch for)

3. Well, if the unholy magic exists, why not the holy? I can change holy water if necessary.

We just had a dragon roll up. I'm not seeing how a crusader is an issue. Though I'm getting a unique paladin vibe from Him.

Edit: Then again. Not sure how a dragon that's brought down civilizations has a spot in a realm where the biggest threat is a lich and his armies. How's that going to work with the rest of this or am I going to have to write up an immensely powerful sorcerer and deal with all this silliness? Cause I can! Don't make me :c

Yeah...I don't think that dragon thing works. It would render all our other characters obsolete and break the whole game.

No worries. I'll actually put some thought into an idea. Felt a bit Sue-ish to me anyways

@Andalais

Since you seem to know the universe pretty good, how does the Inquisition work?

I would see it being an issue, but there are many ways to see this.
1. Oleg didn't NEED to tell them that he got the book and the amulet in Heresy ways (I should have put it in my Bio.) He is not going to flat out say ''I made a contract with X to get this Holy book.'' cause he knows better. I'll add in something to change that a little.
2. For the Heaven, Hell and God, ok. But none of it is really defined, so I went with something vague enough that could be altered. The Holy One could be a specific god of this world (If any). Heaven and Hell can change for other things (It does talk about a neither realm probably resembling Hell which, again , I can switch for)
3. Well, if the unholy magic exists, why not the holy? I can change holy water if necessary.

I... Like your style. Holy One is Ymius, Hell is an abstract term (so many fantasy novels have something called hell: Game of Thrones, the Stormlight Archives, etc. Different names, same concept), and so is Heaven.

Of course, I don't rule this thread. Talk to Windsong.

We just had a dragon roll up. I'm not seeing how a crusader is an issue. Though I'm getting a unique paladin vibe from Him.
Edit: Then again. Not sure how a dragon that's brought down civilizations has a spot in a realm where the biggest threat is a lich and his armies. How's that going to work with the rest of this or am I going to have to write up an immensely powerful sorcerer and deal with all this silliness? Cause I can! Don't make me :c

Ageless dragon=Previous civilizations. Bringing up a nation-conquering beast doesn't make Garibaldi any less powerful. Garibaldi could probably own this guy anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.