The Pheraxis Saga: Lichdom OOC/Interest Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool beans! That's my shit!

Question: since I wish to make a crusader of sorts, can I make a battle angel? O_o (i promise to include weaknesses)

*looks around*

It hasn't started?

*curses and parties*

BEST DAY EVER I HOPE THIS IS STILL ACCEPTING BECAUSE I WANNA JOIN!!!!

I believe it's still accepting @Fernweh. Besides with such a big open world, the more the merrier! We're hoping to have the IC up sometime today or tomorrow....though depending on how many gamers we have we might lose some to the Destiny beta that is starting today

It ain't hard to pause a beta and check your alerts. Also not that many folks I know of with the new half-gen consoles..

lol yeah well nearly everyone I know has them, though the beta only starts for PS4 owners today I think.

Probably.

I'll just wait on the pc release at this rate.

Shit, man, Destiny started a beta today? Nice.

I believe it's still accepting @Fernweh. Besides with such a big open world, the more the merrier! We're hoping to have the IC up sometime today or tomorrow....though depending on how many gamers we have we might lose some to the Destiny beta that is starting today

You kids have to come find me first. I'm not leaving my nice little cozy lands. And my cathedral. Vampires love their cathedrals.

Reactions: WitchesRayvyn
Shit, man, Destiny started a beta today? Nice.

I believe so. It's either today or tomorrow....which means I wouldn't be seeing my fiances for the rest of the weekend if it weren't for the fact that the PS4 is in the living room and I do most of my work on my laptop :)

Poor Casey. He's got a back seat shooter :P

As for our resident blood suckers. They've gotta get out more than most teenagers today. Unless someone brings them food.

Fat, nerdy, and lazy vampire spending all day writing Dracula fanfiction on the internet.

His ghoul mother does the shopping.

Heeeeey I'm not a backseat shooter...I can hardly watch him play FPS' since they make me nauseous...which really sucks because most of them look like so much fun to play!

Poor Casey. He's got a back seat shooter :P

As for our resident blood suckers. They've gotta get out more than most teenagers today. Unless someone brings them food.

Fat, nerdy, and lazy vampire spending all day writing Dracula fanfiction on the internet.

His ghoul mother does the shopping.

If Sitis would rather do something with his day (he blocked out the windows so he could walk around his house in the day, and occasionally walks outside covered as thickly as possible) and night, like read a good book or dick around with his powers, and doesn't want to go out, he has a guy for that. (A werewolf that is, in essence, his grocery boy. Taught to retrieve, but not to bite or kill, while still using his transformation to his advantage. For the benefit of both Sitis and the prey, it is a Natural Werewolf who does this, as they have more inherent control over their urges.)

Destiny beta? Awesome, too bad I don't have a PS4 and don't plan on getting one. I'm just gonna wait for the PC version.

Cool beans! That's my shit!

Question: since I wish to make a crusader of sorts, can I make a battle angel? O_o (i promise to include weaknesses)
Not sure if heavenly beings are included in the list of available races.

Destiny beta? Awesome, too bad I don't have a PS4 and don't plan on getting one. I'm just gonna wait for the PC version.

yeah if I was going to play I'd have to get the PC version too...it's the only way I can play SOME FPS

Not sure if heavenly beings are included in the list of available races.

I don't think there really is a list. I asked if I could be a demon and was given the okay, so why not angels?

ACK

I'm currently writing the post as we speak, but lemme answer some questions

@WarriorHeart Heavenly beings are alright, but be very careful with them. Making them too powerful would remove the fun and fear of failure.

@Rosie We are indeed still accepting. After I write the post I'll work on gathering the profiles in the OP of this thread

Child of Light
Name: Eden Light

Lo.%28artist%29.full.268421.jpg
Appearance: When Eden was just a baby, she had a full head of brilliant red hair just like her mother and a set of perfect shining blue eyes like her father. But on the left side of her hair there was a perfectly snow white streak, a "witch's streak" as her mother once called it. This was the first sign that something was wrong with the young girl, over the span of her completely human life it spread eventually to all of her hair. Her eyes changed to a foggy, hollow, violet after her heart was partly replaced with machinery. Eden is four feet and seven inches, and she is normally dressed in pretty white gowns. When she is taken to a task, she is dressed in white robes that have the Ivory Inquisition's symbols embroidered onto the silk. Her most stark features are the tattoos on the palms of her hand that glow with power, and her eyes that change between red and violet according to her anger. Either way they have a slight eerie glow, and of course they are void of emotion.

Seven years ago, a witch gave birth to a dying baby girl who she could not heal with the black magic she was familiar with. The troubled new mother went to the only man she knew had the power to possibly help her child, the father. He was a powerful man, with very powerful friends who indeed helped the child through... less conventional means. With the help of magic and technology they saved the child's life, but the sorcerer was cruel, and from the warm arms of the mother he took the child and fed the witch to Ivory. Eden as she would be named, is a perfect balance between human soul and technology body. There are many quirks that hint at her species, she seems perfectly human aside from her doll-like appearance. Eden's body runs with a blood-like substance, however it is a specifically engineered oil to keep her running. The entirety of her human and tech insides treat the oil almost exactly like blood, she is a fine tuned machine. Every year, however, she has to get an entirely new oil transfusion otherwise she will completely burn out, and her body will completely overheat. Currently the Inquisition is working on a completely new formula. In her current state, is unable to use any magic past her own brand which is mostly technology in tune with her reworked systems

Calling
: "The Exorcist"
- Eden is often sent with tasks, or witch hunts in which she has killed many against the inquisition. She is used as a deception tactic, but either way it falls the young girl is a tool in killing the Inquisition's more powerful foes. Eden has been labeled as "The Exorcist" even though she doesn't know what this means. As far as the young girl knows, she is helping lost souls find their way back to the light as she has never witnessed the final death of the targets.

Equipment / Abilities
:
Eden's Holy Weapon "Exalted" - A white ribbon that wraps around the length of her arm and ties in a bow at her wrist. If and when the bow is pulled, the runes that are inscribed in red react with her core. The ribbon then becomes a lethal whip that nullify's low level magic usage on contact. This weapon however, is more powerful with each drop of Eden's blood. In conclusion, using this weapon can be quite taxing on the young girl.

Inquisition Amulet - A silver necklace with a steel pendant that bares the insignia of the Inquisition. It actually opens to a small amount of potent ward ink, when used on the skin in the proper pattern can ward off a single powerful spell. Quite expensive for a pet of the Inquisition.

"Exorcism" - Long ago when she was first transformed into part cyborg, magic was used on her nerves which could have killed her. Like exposing naked wire to the ocean, instead the black magic transformed her raw life energy. As a focus, the tattoos on her palms can expose raw extremely lethal bursts of energy, almost like electricity. When used on a living source, it completely fries their psyche and eventually stops the heart. Including Eden's. Every time Eden uses this ability of hers, she comes closer and closer to death. Pupil and Iris have to work longer and harder to bring her back every time the Inquisition calls her to "Purify" a lost soul. The process of "Exorcism" is almost identical to the laws of alchemy, the price is just as great as what is given if not higher.

Witch's Eye in Resin - Because of Eden's love of nature, her Eyes in secret gifted her with a beautiful round token. A rare, tiny blossom of deep violet with a brilliant crimson center in resin. The flower itself is named Witch's Eye for its dark but beautiful colors, and also its poisonous and sweet scent. The flower is in perfect condition, with not a flossed petal in sight. The lore behind the bloom was that Witches that once drew their power from the flower, were incredibly powerful and ferociously evil. However it could not be seen past their pure unhindered beauty. This token is of huge sentimental value, if taken away it sends her into a dark rage which the Inquisition often does.

Affiliation
: Ivory Inquisition

Personality
: As every child in Pheraxis, and any other world, Eden should be bright and filled with the life that is still so new for her. However, Eden has always been very somber and mature beyond her years. One surprising thing is the amount of compassion she shows whenever the chance arises, deep down she has a moral code even though her choice of occupation doesn't exactly follow it. Eden is naive and impressionable, this makes her manipulation that much easier for the only family she has ever known. If she believes what she is doing is undoubtedly right and honorable, there is nothing holding her back from completing the task at hand. The child is really very sweet, and she has a passion to help in anyway she can and with her large eyes that are so filled with wonder how can any refuse. Although Eden's life has been far from nurturing and loving, she has taken the cruelty that she has known and turned it into a strength only she knows the boundaries of. Something strange that her eyes do not understand, is her love of herbs and the natural world. Eden has an endless fascination with nature, especially flowers and trees. When she was much younger, she would often find her way out from her room and later when Pupil and Iris scoured the whole of the Chapel looking for their devious charge. Soon enough though, the doctor and mechanic learned they would always find her in the gardens. Eden has a very mischievous streak that has gotten her into trouble on many accounts, but because she is honest and demure. The Holy ones have always forgiven her, if not for her sweet honesty then for her sake as their blind weapon.

Biography
: (( W.I.P ))

Umm, I think we really need to fully establish what kind of historical setting this is in. I know it's a bit closer to modern age than I first thought, but I assumed that it was definitely not a setting with the technology for robots and cyborgs. What decade would the technology in this game best be applied in?

Its steampunk, I am not talking about digitized robots... more machinery like. Think hunks of metal and rubber tubing around the heart and oil. Instead of just a pediatrician, she has a mechanic and a doctor.

The technology itself is "steampunk modern", but the weaponry is decidedly fantasy. Some folk might combine tech and weaponry, but my main focus on the weapons is to avoid "modern" guns and futuristic weapons like laser blasters and lightsabers and such.

At any rate, I'm allowing it on the grounds that Eden is the only one of her kind and the result of experimentation, rather than something mass-produced and widely available.

Edit: By "steampunk modern" I mean the technology is mechanical and clockwork, with some electronic augmentations.

Status
Not open for further replies.