The Phantom Gate | An urban-fantasy RP

Right, so, questions: I plan on making a dhampir, so I was wondering about the blood requirement. Specifically, how often and what amounts do have to be ingested, and most importantly, does it have to be from a sentient being or can it be from an animal? Also, is there any difference in taste/effect of different types of blood (e.g. plainspoken human vs magical human vs fae blood)?

Do you intend for most people to be students/teachers or otherwise cooperate with Price? That would help me try and figure out how to integrate the character into the plot in a way that makes sense. Btw, how is the magical community in the Plainspoken realm? Dispersed pockets of it that are isolated/partially blending in? Or...?

So for starters, think of it along the lines of a basic food group for damphs. They can handle other food so they don't need it as often/in the quantity vamps normally would but they do need it at least a few times weekly or they get sick/lethargic/weak. It can come from any source, but (and I hate that I'm about to sound like Stephie Meyers here lol) animal blood would be the human equivalent of vegetarianism. Most society dwelling damphs find a source in a blood bank or morgue if they want the 'good stuff'. Interestingly enough there is a difference among the groups - magical beings tending to be richer/sweeter.

You will all be starting as academy recruits - it's less Harry Potter tho and more like... College level, so they wouldn't be starting from scratch. And the magical communities are very much pocketed, generally in either schools or communal groups/towns.

Reactions: SilverPaw
Question: I'm reworking my Voudou Mambo for this layout. She's a half-human - being the mortal daughter of Papa Legba (it was a one night stand and he was drunk... but not complaining).

Anywho, the connection she has with necromancy might be a problem, since it's a negative. Will the voudou side necromancy (dealing with the spirits of the dead) will be okay, or are there stipulations surrounding voudou magic-works regarding the dead considered safe and respected, as long as they are following the decree?

My gal deals more with spirits than manipulating the dead. She's a Vessel - one who is capable of retaining several dead souls within her, as well as placing her own soul within a living/dead form. Just making sure that her type of connection with the dead will be okay.

@Phi Chisym So, it's crazy late but I wanna give you something to work with. I believe some of the magic does involve speaking to/communication with the dead that isn't necromantic. I'm on mobile so I can't bounce back and forth to the list but I wanna say divination?? Maybe haha.

That said I'm not particularly familiar with voudou, so if you can could you shoot me some source info I can look over so I can give you a better idea of what works?

Reactions: Phi Chisym
Just a reminder to those who haven't got a sheet in - gonna start reviewing them this Wednesday, so try to get finished by then if you can! Those sheets I've gotten so far are looking lovely :-D

Reactions: MiharuAya
Alrighty folks! Today is the last day to get those sheets in! Just a reminder :-D

Reactions: Dvyniai
@littlekreen, @Verran, @Dvyniai, @MiharuAya, @KatSea, @Ariel - Okay. Reviewed the sheets and all looks well. I'm still working on the Discord, but if you don't mind incessant plinking of alerts while I fill in the NPCs and such, you can jump on in at any time. I've started working on the intro, so within the next few days we should be able to get started, but in the meantime, please feel free to start plotting/planning and all that :-D

As always, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Discord is safe to join sans plinking now LOL