3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Sci fi, Romance, Historical, Modern, Supernatural
The Persian Review

Welcome to the first edition of the realm’s newsletter! Pearls of Persia is a historical fantasy world and story that has been running for almost two years, and the subsequent realm has almost reached its one year anniversary. The goal of this newsletter is to highlight any updates to the realm, future projects, and our goals for progress.

I’d like to start off by thanking all my players in both the original Persia story and the following tale of Enterprise! GMing two stories in the same universe is a big feat for me, and I couldn’t have done it without the help of my immensely talented players. I owe it all to you guys!

Without further ado, let’s take a look at:
  • What’s New
  • Upcoming Projects
  • The Current Realm Goal(s)

What’s New

December 18th saw the advent of our first player-run side saga The Princess and The Blades, run by our very own @rissa! Shout out to rissa for doing a wonderful job of curating a tale within the deep reaches of Nubia. Interested in joining? Reach out to the GM and see how you can play a part.

Last month marked the first run of a monthly sandbox rp A Turkish Delight. A sandbox is a jump-in, quick and short post style rp that requires no character sheets from players and runs for a limited amount of time! Unfortunately, this one did not garner much success, but there’s always next time! Shout-out to @Nemopedia for giving the sandbox a try!

Are you new to the realm and have no idea how to start? Check out the handy Introductory Guide to get a good grasp of the subforum layout and its rules; there is also a realm discord available for those who prefer offsite chatter (and memes). Joining it is not a requirement for being involved in the realm, but it is handy for quick replies and collabs! Have a question that you just can't find the answer to? Check out our handy Help Desk (a.k.a. Ask the Shah) and ask away!

Upcoming Projects

Last summer, I promised: a new main saga, a new lore addition, and a sandbox event. We’ve managed to accomplish two of those goals; the focus for the next few months will be expanding on the realm lore. New topics that will gain more info are:
  • Persian myths and legends
  • Expanded lore on the Nubian kingdom
  • A new mystery race??? More details to come!
  • A new map that isn’t horrible (hurray!)

What does this information mean for you? Nothing! Just sit back, relax, and indulge in my nerdy ramblings at your leisure.

The Current Realm Goal(s)

For the duration of the next few few months, the goal for the realm is to get more 1x1s. That’s right; we don’t have any running 1x1s right now, and I’m hoping players can change that. Don’t be shy! You’re free to explore and write within the realm’s lore as you see fit. I’m always available for questions. As an added bonus, you can even tag me in your 1x1 at any point and enlist me to write a short scene if you and your partner would like outside stimulus. Unsure of what stories to start? Not to worry! Take a look at the History of the Ages thread for sample plotlines. All requests for sample plotlines can be made here.

Happy roleplaying, everyone!

code by nemo

Last edited:
Kuno said:
get more 1x1s
Ayo, I'm here to hopefully make that happen. I got three (3) characters (of which 1 (one) isn't yet approved, but I hope so soon?) for which plottings can happen for anyone interested. Just hit me up. 👀 It can take place in the past, in the present or in the future. Just lemme know.

To give people (hopefully) some inspiration for potential 1x1 stories:

Prequel: Now it is mentioned that Sareen's mother, Ghazaleh was the object of envy of all and set to marry a prince before she was disgraced by a fit of hysterics and the mysterious Nadim. If anyone wanted to explore that story, I'm fine with it!

Childhood: Sareen's birth was covered up and hushed up, in which he was forced to be his grandfather's servant. This also meant that he wasn't treated very nicely and worked to the bone. Perhaps some comradery in that before Nadim (his father) whisks Sareen away onto his adventures (potentially bringing a friend along?). It could also be a fun opportunity to uncover the truths of Sareen's birth who, up until Nadim's appearance, believed himself to be an orphan born from the rocks.

Discoloration: Berko is suffering from a rare medical condition that causes patches of his skin to discolour and his hair to turn white. What is causing it, he isn't sure and the doctors are also scratching their heads. When the condition spreads and also affects his overall health Berko sets out to look for a cure or a treatment. Who will join and who will he meet?

Them vs. us: As an Iqinile Berko isn't a stranger to the discriminations he faces daily. Despite being born and grown within the same patch of land his whole life he hasn't been accepted, but he hopes that future generations will be! It is part of the reason why Berko is willing to agree to an arranged marriage of sorts with a local in the hopes that it will help the assimilation of 'his kind' with the rest.

Pyro break: Ah, Pyre, getting himself into trouble again. After a trail of fires he is finally caught and put to trial. Who are his cellmates? Who cares, he just wants to break out of prison and he just needs a little help with that. Hey, how about becoming his accomplish? Alternatively, he gets caught and put on trial in a colosseum and is now trying to trick his way out without having to fight too much, because an old man like him? Ah, what does he know of fighting, he isn't even a fine meat shield!

Fraternity: Diving into the wild younger years of Pyre, when his liver was still working and people still called him Moysei. What wild things and friends has he made during the years he was supposed to be studying and why does it always seem to involve the summoning of demons with Pyre?

We need to talk about Pyre: Something strange is ongoing with Pyre ever since his travels. He loves his drink and likes a good laugh, but there is something about him that has changed and isn't quite the same. Come and find out, but can you bear the truth?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • I'm SHOOK
Reactions: rissa and Kuno
I wish I could give out trophies for realm participation 🤔 for now everyone who starts a 1x1 will just get my undying love

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: rissa