The Penultimate Superhero RP (OoC and Sign-Up Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an average post. Everyone needs to include one ^^

Ok ,

Steven stood on the observation deck of the Empire state building, looking out upon the large majestic city. Hes been officially given the title of SHIELD Agent but at the moment he had to figure out what was to be taught on his first day of teaching at Mid town Highschool.

As he wondered these mediocre things he heard the click of a gun, quickly he turned around and grabbed the gun from the assalants hand causing the man to flee." What the hell was that?"

Um, I need something beefier. Remember, you can use my sheet as reference.

Well I prefer seeing detail in people's posts rather then just getting to the point. True, getting to the point is good, but I also feel that it wouldn't allow the RP to flow and pace slowly, developing everything inside the post ranging from the location to the characters.

If you're going to make only two paragraphs, I'd prefer that they be big, beefy paragraphs rather then tiny ones like that.

Longer, more detailed, and with better spelling/grammar.

I'm not trying to bust your chops, its just that I have set standards.

You know I can't help but point out the abundant lack of female heroines/villains. Zattana and Harley are the only ones I can think of.

Where's Wonder Woman? Where's Ms. Marvel? Where's Jackpot (actual hero, look her up)? Where's Starfire, Raven, or Power Girl?

I'm gonna check up on the status of Supergirl, but I just wanted to point it out. I like having diverse and multi gendered casts ^^

OMFG. Sora, I'm sorry. I watched the thread, but I stopped getting updates. I'll fill out my Sheet ASAP. Ugh. Iwaku hates me sometimes.

had the urge to post for no good reason here since I could jump on the super hero wagon rp as starfire xD

Sweet! Welcome aboard ^^

I watched the thread then I stopped getting alerts. I was on trips these days outside of town, I had limited to no internet so I am sorry about that. I will get to writing my character as soon as I find the .txt file that had it. : )

Name: Slade Thompson

Appearance:

1558511_10203269826653242_1224144460_n.jpg

Background:
Slade was born in 1990 at the local hospital in the small neighboring town in Dallas, Texas in a middle class family to parents William Thompson and Alexandra Baron – Thompson. He had a playful and happy childhood; he was a good student and a very athletic person. In 2008 as soon as he reached the age of 18, he enlisted in the United States Marine Corps; his family angry at his decision completely disowns him stating that they did not raise him to become a murderer. Slade completely ignores them and continues on with his training, and soon enough he finishes his training and is deployed to Afghanistan. During his all time service he acquires vast knowledge on martial arts and combat sports, during that time the military also decides to enlist him into a project that enhances soldiers various strengths and physique creating superhuman soldiers. Thus he possesses various enhanced abilities stated to be almost superhuman. These include the strength of ten men and heightened speed, agility, stamina, and reflexes. His enhancements granted him to lift at least 2,000 pounds. He has the capacity to use up to 90% of his brain at any one time, making him a tactical genius, adept at turning opponents' own abilities against them; this can also be attributed to his years in the military and combat with various heroes. Slade also possesses a healing factor in his blood that enables him to heal from physical injury much faster than a normal person; however, it does have limitations, as he could not and cannot regenerate entire limbs. This enables him to recover from what would otherwise be fatal injuries, though recovering from such injuries renders him insane and animalistic for a short period. He is also a very deadly opponent in hand-to-hand combat. He has also shown multilingualism, being able to speak various languages such as Russian, Japanese, and Korean. Slade is also skilled in the use of many weapons including guns, rifles, and swords, which are usually among his current weapons of choice.

Former United States Marine Corps Sergeant, Barista at Starbucks, Mercenary

Relationship Status:
Single

The Man/Woman you will become:
Death stroke

Sample Post:
Music in the background could be heard; it played loudly through the glamorous apartment… Ave Maria echoed through the marbled halls that had expensive, beautiful and large pictures hanged on them. Shoes tapped on the floor as a man approached a chair with an end table near; on it there was a lit cigar with a glass of cognac near it. The man sat on the table and looked blindly in the air, placing the cigar in his mouth he inhaled and exhaled; he waved his finger in the air to the tone of the music he then chuckled slightly “Ah, Mr. Death came here himself…” he paused for a moment still looking around blindly, a man with his hands behind his back walked in as his shoes tapped on the floor he wore an large skull mask with a bandana tied to his neck, a black shirt and full body armor, gloves, army black pants, kneepads and military boots. He stood in the shadow behind the man that spoke “…are we still not going to talk?” the man continued letting out a small chuckle again.

The man suddenly stood up “Come on Mr. Thompson… you can’t hide from a man that is on his death bed. Come… let me enjoy this only a little bit surely you can do that, I will die either way no matter if you let me live 30 minutes more or 5 minutes more.” He chuckled again then took a sip of his drink “You are not scared of me Mr. Thompson? You did not even flinch when I stood up, you were not even afraid if I would reach for my gun not even interested even. Your presence alone emanates such a strong sense of fear… making these brittle old bones shake to the very core of my body. No, I am not afraid of death Mr. Thompson… I can assure you of that, it has plagued me for so long that I don’t even care of it anymore; what I am afraid of is… you. You who are merely a human like I am, a man that breathes, eats and sleeps just like I do like every other man in this god damned world does; yet you make me shiver and shake your presence alone makes me tremble. Is it because of all those stories I heard about you? The things you have done to the people you killed? It’s maybe the way you killed them?” The man placed his glass on the end table and took another pull on his cigar looking again at Slade he smiled “At least I will die with a smile.” He said and continued to laugh like a maniac, with simple move of his right hand Slade revealed the gun he was holding in his hand, still holding the other hand behind his back he pulled the trigger sending a bullet straight to the center of the man’s head and the man quietly fell backwards to the floor. The gramophone skipped and the song stopped… Slade placed his gun in his holster and walked over with his hands behind his back again to the gramophone and fixed the needle. Continuing to play the song, he walked over to the end table and picked up the glass the man had; removing his mask slightly he finished the drink and placed it back on the table. Slowly walking over to the balcony of the apartment he took a big breath of air and looked at the night sky.

“My name is Slade Thompson… and I am Mercenary. Yes… I kill people for a living and I have no regrets doing it. I have killed more people that I have lost the count so many times it’s puzzling, I kill for a price and it does no matter to me what the target is; I have no moral compass ‘nor will I gain one. Currently I work as a barista at your local starbucks shop. You look at me every day when you go by to pick your coffee up on your way to work and I smile at you giving that small fragment of drugs cheerful all the way to work. You look at me and smile saying that I am a good person, you cheer me and laugh with me… but you truly… have no idea… of who I am."

Other: None​

Reactions: Kid muffintop
Name:

Cantina Andres

Appearance:

Civilian
cca474e55b57323c3e9b4b0eb3a896d0.jpg

Heroine aka Starfire
tumblr_mhtnj0Y5Uu1r0h5wwo5_1280.jpg

Background:

Cantina was born in the busy city of New York and lived with her mother and younger sister Brenda. When she was only seven years old, her father suddenly disappeared without a trace and had left them with a large debt with the mafia. Pleading with the men, her mother somehow managed to convince them to allow her some time to gather the money that was owed to them and ended up getting three jobs. Since their mother was always busy at work, Cantina was left in charge of taking care of her younger sister and even went as far as doing odd jobs throughout the city to help her mother with the bills.

When she was 15, she somehow managed to get a fake ID from a friend and got herself a job at a small café that paid her a good amount of money. Soon, they had gathered enough money to pay off the mafia thugs but were displease to hear that they were being charged with interests so the amount they owed was greater. Angered, Cantina decided to infiltrate the gang and soon ratted them off to the New York police which allowed them to get out of paying the dirty rats off for good. The men swore they would get back at the girl for what she had done but she simple shrugged it off as an empty threat since they were going to be locked away for a very long time.

Finally having time to breathe again, Cantina was now able to live a normal life as a teenage in high school. Her social life had greatly suffered with the constant running around and working odd jobs that she didn’t have much friends to talk and had to make up a lot of work in order to bring her grades up. Luckily, she was quite a smart kid and was able to bring up her poor grades back up and was soon asked to join the science club to be their vice president. She always had a fascination with space that she dreamed of one day becoming an astrologist in order to study the vase unknown.

Even though she had managed to lift her grades from the ground, she still had trouble fitting in with people and even had a harder time making friends. The only people she ever talked to where those in the science club but to her, she didn’t feel like they were her friends instead they were just people with the same interest. Since she didn’t really hang out with anyone after school, Cantina decided to keep her part-time job at the café in order to have her own spending money and not ask from her mom.

Student/ part time waitress

Relationship Status:

Single

The Man/Woman you will become:

Starfire

Sample Post:

There was still twenty minutes left of class but it felt like eternity to a certain red haired girl that was sitting in the middle of the classroom scribbling away in her notebook. The teacher was having a boring speech about the amazing comet that was going to pass by in a couple of days for the umpteenth time that week. The girl was just as excited to witness the comet but the way the science reminded them every single day was getting on her nerves. She wanted to excuse herself in order to escape this torment but decided against it since she didn’t want the entire classes’ eyes on her. She wasn’t necessary shy, she just didn’t like drawing attention or sticking out which was hard considering how she had red hair that pretty much stood out on its own.

Sighing light, she began to glance around the room to see that everyone else was tired of hearing the teacher speak and were even falling asleep on their desks. The first ones to pass out from boredom were the jocks, she was pretty sure they didn’t have a single brain stem in their head from the way the stared off into space before crashing out. Next her eyes fell on the popular girls that were texting away on their cell phones and weren’t even trying to hide it. Guess there wasn’t any point in doing that since the teacher was blinded by the comet talk that he rarely noticed anything the students did. As she continued to look around, she noticed that everyone was pretty much texting, sleeping, or drawing on their notebooks without a care in the world. ‘At least I’m not the only one scribbling.’ Thought the girl as she returned to staring at her own notebook that had small sketches of stars on it.

Suddenly the school bell rang loudly and startled everyone in the class that weren’t paying any attention to the time. Finally they were released from the evil torment! All of the students quickly packed their belongings and darted towards the door in order to escape from the science teacher. “Mrs. Andres, may I have a word with you please?” The red head glanced up from her bag towards the teacher and nodded as she made her way towards his desk. “Can we make this quick, I gotta make it to my job.” She wasn’t in the mood to have a long talk with the teacher, even if she loved science as much as him, the talks were always just too boring. Clearing his throat the teacher spoke, “Yes I know. I just wanted to make sure that you have everything ready for the presentation on Friday. The club President has been busy with work as well so he asked if I could double check on you.” Sighing for the thousandth time that day, Cantina Andres nodded and even gave the teacher a copy of the presentation. “I know I slacked a bit in the beginning but now it’s different. No need to baby sit me.” With that said, the girl walked out of the class and head straight for work at the café in midtown.

Other:

Cantina often goes to visits the observatory on days off, Is always keeping a close eye on her younger sister and even spoilers her when she can, doesn’t like being told what to do, and has a strong dislike for liars (especially men)​

Sweet! Both are accepted!

Cool, when should we expect the IC thread to be up and about? : )

Hopefully this weekend

Reactions: N0VA
Status
Not open for further replies.