The Penultimate Superhero RP (OoC and Sign-Up Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, that's perfect. It will go something along the lines of soldier/hero. I was thinking of maybe pairing him with Black Cat, but that's for in the future. I will go work on him now. : )

So sort of a Captain America-esk hero? Not exactly an American symbol, but a super soldier?

Oh, yeah... I guess it could go something along those lines. But instead of serving in WWII he would serve in modern places like Iraq and stuff. : )

Okay, I'll get the character sheet up soon! There will be two to fill out: one for your civilian self (the one I'm posting) and one to fill out later basically re-stating your superhero powers and origins

Oh, yeah... I guess it could go something along those lines. But instead of serving in WWII he would serve in modern places like Iraq and stuff. : )

Works for me.

Okay, cool. I will be waiting for the CS. Also anybody here can freely add me on Skype, which gives me an idea on how to communicate with eachother better. : )

Umm.. Maybe we should keep stuff on-site. Just seems easier, is all.

Hmmm, I don't see a problem with that perhaps. As long as everyone participates there, usually it goes easier to coordinate the RP and ask people stuff there than here. 8 )

Yeaaaah, its easier to stay here I think. We can all stay connected as long as everyone's online and discuss things here, hence this being an OoC and Discussion thread.

Understandable. : )

Alright, so we're chill-axing here. Sweet

Sheet will be up soon.

Okie, I will wait for the CSheet before making my character. :)

It'll be up soon with my example!

Name: (First, Last. Middle name and Nicknames are optional)
Appearance: (photograph or drawn image)
Background: (basic info on your characters life. Should be three paragraphs minimum. Nothing about their origins as a hero/villain, just civilian life).
Relationship Status:
The Man/Woman you will become:
(future Superhero/Villain alias)
Sample Post: (can be from Civilian POV or Hero/Villain POV. Must be 3 paragraphs minimum)
Other: (include any additional information here)

~~~~

49919f03d9c44eab9fd48d3b73a75d7f.jpg

Name:

Dylan Eric Robertson (Dyl for short)

Background:

Dylan was born and raised in a townhouse located in lower Manhattan. His father, Thomas, was a highly respected college professor specializing in the Sciences, while his mother, Scarlett, worked as the secretary at very successful financial accounting business. Dylan is their oldest child, with two younger sisters: 9 year old Elise and 8 month old Tina. Dylan's always been thought of as a good older brother and often acts like a role model to the girls. The Robertson's were quite successful financially which allowed for their children to have virtually anything they wanted. Despite being slightly more spoiled then other children in Manhattan, Dylan and his sisters learned the value of a hard day's work and easily managed their allowances. They were just like any other family: they got along well, they all loved each other, and everybody took turns taking care of Tina whenever she required attention. Mostly though, Dylan takes responsibility for her and uses his new baby sister as a means to practice eventually becoming a father.

Dylan wasn't the most popular kid when it came to school, but he wasn't a nerd either. He fell into his own sort of social group along with his other friends which they decided to call "Inbetweeners", meaning they weren't popular, but they also weren't outcasts. He has a small circle of friends he really trusts that have been with him since he was 6 years old. They all had various interests and opinions on certain things, but somehow they worked well as friends. Together they formed a sort of odd friendship that most people would think was absolutely strange. They all had their places in the group: there was the "pretty one", the "super nerd", the "sports enthusiast", and so on. Dylan fell into the category of the "smart-ass" for his opinionated views and takes on various things. Plus, Dylan had always been able to make humorous remarks about almost everything, so it seemed fair to give him a new trait category.

Dylan attends high school just like any other teenager. His strong suits are the Sciences (thanks to his father's home-lessons), English, Math and Drama. What he fails at, unfortunately, is anything involving strenuous physical activity, or violence. Mostly, this pertains to Gym Class. Dylan is able to keep up with everyone else, sure, but he's defiantly not the most active kid at school. If you had to rank him on a scale of 1-100 for how physically fit he was, Dylan would fall somewhere into the 20-30 range. Dylan has virtually no upper or lower body strength, making tasks like carrying heavy objects difficult for him. He's been trying to beef up not only for himself, but also to impress girls. Unfortunately after an incident in which the bar was quite literately "dropped" (right onto his chest), Dylan's gym membership was taken away and he was told to stick to jogging instead.

Sometimes stuff goes right for him, sometimes things don't. He's just your average teenage guy trying to make it through life in the Big Apple.

High School student, but works as a freelance reporter and website designer for the Daily Bugle.

Relationship Status:

Single and Looking

The Man/Woman you will become:

The Amazing "Spider-Man"

Sample Post:

"Now then, are we gonna cause 'nother issue or is we gon' cooperate now?" The armoured thug asked as he held the shotgun at the bank manager. "Whus the combination on da security system?" The terrified balding man shook with fear and began to cry. "T-The c-combination I-is... 3..8..5...6...4...2...9.." he cried out in between terrified gasps. "N-Now p-please... L-let us... G-g-go.."

The armoured thug looked at his associates, who nodded and let out a laugh. The thug pointed his shotgun into the air and fired a warning shot, which was followed by the screams of many terrified citizens who were held hostage during the bank robbery. "ALRIGHT!!" he yelled. "AIN'T NOBODY TRY SOMETHING FUNNY, OTHERWISE YOU'S ALL GON' DIE!! GOTS IT?!?" The horrified crowd of bankers, customers and children nodded silently as the echoes of the shotgun still rung in the hollowed ceiling. The thug motioned for one of his companions to enter the combination into the keypad and with many loud clicking sounds, the massive metallic door swung open and exposed the approximate $79,000,000,000 in cash that rest inside the bank. "We're rich, Scruff!!" one of the gangsters said with a cheer and a holler as she grabbed a gym bag they had brought, starting to fill it with money. A few others soon followed, while Scruff and three others stayed behind to watch the bank members and make sure none of them tried anything to stop them.

Suddenly, the joyous screams and cheers were cut off by angered yells and gunfire, which in turn were cut off by muffled yells and a few quiet "thwip" sounds. Scruff turned around and looked at the companions who had rushed into the vault, who were now strung up and muffled by what appeared to be webs. "THE SPIDER TWERP'S HERE!!" Scruff yelled, aiming his gun at the roof. "FIND 'IM AND KILL 'IM!!" the others nodded their heads as they went in search of the Web-Slinger.

Great.. Dylan thought as he looked down at the crime scene from the shadows of the roof. The 17 year old superhero shook his head in slight annoyance as he fired a web towards the thug directly below him and strung him up like the others, muffling him before he could scream. Alright, the big one has a shotgun... He's obviously the leader and by far the most dangerous person in this room.. Aside from me. He's scared, so I can use that to my advantage. I'll take out his buddies, then get to him. If watching all those news reports about Batman has taught me anything, its that darkness combined with good stealth skills, makes a powerful weapon against criminals.

Dylan nodded as he thought of his plan and slowly crept along the walls of the bank, moving closer to the next thug before he strung her up like her buddies. He continued this cycle, avoiding gunfire when somebody saw him or when Scruff fired his shotgun as a warning, but it was clear he did it because he was terrified. Finally, Scruff looked around and saw his friends had been abducted and immediately panicked. "SPIDER!!! COME OUT!!! I KNOW YA HIDIN SOMEWHERES, SO WHY DON'TS YOU COME AN' FIGHTS ME FACE TO FACE?!!?!"

"Well now, if I did something like that, then where's the fun for me?" Spidey replied, hanging upside down from a single strand of web before he fired another strand and ripped the gun out of the thug's hands. He landed on the floor and charged the thug, kicking his legs in a lightning quick motion that forced the thug to fall over onto the ground. As the thug lay on his back, paralyzed in shock from the attack, Spidey didn't hesitate and began spraying Scruff with webbing. The thug struggled to free himself from the webs holding him down onto the ground, but to no avail. "SOMEBODY HELP
ME! THIS GUY'S NUTS!!"
Scruff yelled as Spidey started to go around and check on the hostages. With a fake gasp of surprise, Spider-Man ran over to the criminal and began caressing his face. "Shhh, shhh. Don't cry baby.. Look, here's your pacifier." he whispered as he fired a web at the man's mouth, muffling his cries for help. Spidey then reached into his utility belt and pulled out a small knife. Poking a hole in Scruff's mouth webbing, he felt a small blast of air as the thug began breathing rapidly again. "That takes care of that.." Spider-Man said to himself as he shoved the knife back into its portable state, then shoved it into his belt.

Spidey looked towards the bank owner and nodded his head. "I think that takes care of your problem then, sir. Go ahead and alert the authorities, the web's will hold these guys for about an hour." The bank manager slowly got up and walked towards Dylan, still shaking with fear from the events prior. He took the masked hero's hand and shook it vigorously, smiling. "Thank you Spider-Man... If it weren't for you, those ruffians would've gotten away and we all might have been dead right now."

Spidey shook his head and gave the man a pat on the back before he fired a web at the open window he had entered from. The man watched him before Spider-Man proudly chimed out "Think nothing of it, man. Just another good-deed from your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man!" Tipping an imaginary hat, he tugged on the web and launched himself out of the window. As he swung into the afternoon air, he heard a roar out applause coming from the building. With a sigh, he smiled contently under his mask. Another job well done, Spidey Dylan thought as he swung off into New York City, looking for more crimes to fight.

Other:

Dylan's always had an aptitude for photography and is very rarely caught without his camera. He also owns an Old English Sheepdog named Maxwell, whom he loves dearly.​

I will be posting my character shortly. : )

Is this still accepting? I'd love to have a go at Harley Quinn <3 She's my all time favorite. Would anyone be interested in playing a Joker counterpart? I'd like a total revamp, possibly be heroes instead, but I feel like these two are destined to be connected no matter what.

I'd be willing to play a heroic joker, sure!

I just got a cool idea from a picture I found browsing around. I want Harley to be very, very intelligent. Technologically advanced. If we need some villains in play, I don't mind playing one at all with this new idea.

She was in love with the man who was the pre-joker Joker in this Universe, and he was obsessed with "Making the world smile." He wanted to be a hero and rid the world of bad things, yeah? He is defeated countless times or suffers some trauma that leaves him devastated and wallowing in a spiraling depression. He ultimately kills himself and it sends her over the edge, leading her to create an android version of him. Whether they be chaotic good and try and help out the heroes, or his defeat and subsequent death seeded a hatred for the world in her and she and her wacked-out Joker-bot wreak havoc wherever you go. I may not even need another person to play him if no body likes the idea of playing a robot.

Anyway, pic is below! Sorry it's so big!

Blue-Eye-Girl-Android-Wallpaper.jpg

Hm, that could be interesting. I'll hold back a bit on playing the robot just to see who else is interested in the concept.

Anyways, that idea sounds good to me. So would he already be dead when the RP starts or would he die as part of her origin?

Status
Not open for further replies.