Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A Big Bear

Original poster
Link to Rules, Group info, and Character Sheet

Link to Rp

tumblr_mopu31tw9v1rvs9wso1_400.gif

A pack of dogs from various backgrounds, strays and human companions come together on a journey to seek The Haven, a place where the dogs can be truly free. Does this Haven exist? Will this pilgrimage be a fruitless one?

Link to RP

Canus: a religion that is worshipped by many dogs. This faith has countless gods and goddess, some more known than others. The interpretation of canus varies from dog to dog.

The Haven: plays a large role in the Canus faith, a paradise on earth. Since dogs do not have written scripture, the story circling around this place is pass only through word of mouth. It is simply commonly described as a place with fields, trees and bountiful prey. However, some dogs interpenetrate what the Haven is or what it looks like differently. There is much debate on how the Haven came to be.

The Great Ones: dogs who see humans favorable sometimes refer to them as Great Ones.

Non-believers: dogs who do not believe or are skeptical of the Canus Faith

Companions: Dogs who are owned by humans. Many companions see it as as honor and privilege to live and work by a human’s side. Other dogs however (stray or otherwise) do not share this sentiment, there are dogs who see being a companion as disgraceful and humiliating.

Wanderers: Dogs who do not live with humans with word is interchangeable with “stray”

Canus Dieties
Anuberus: god of the dead
Shucks: dog spirits that take the souls of fallen canines to the afterlife
Amorus: god of the hunt
Maned-Dog: god of protection
Fenri: god of destruction and rebirth
Guine: god of fertility and prosperity

Please do not be afraid to ask questions or offer suggestions to the rp o3o you can ask publicly or pm me

Only dog characters please (wolfhybrids are allowed, but please do not have an influx of hybrid charas ;w; ))

No godmodding: I think 99% rps have this rule, it’s just a given at this point :p

Paragraph (5 or more lines) per post: Can have more than one paragraph, heck you can write a novella if ya feel up to it. Note, if you are unable to post a full paragraph due to irl issues do let me know :D

Realistic dogs only: any breed is acceptable, but no neon bright rando color dogs (aka sparkle dogs). Unless their fur was dyed that color, but even the fur dye fades away over time.

Realistic dogs cont..: Size matters (hurr hurr), a corgi cannot win against a pitbull in a fight with brute strength. A Chihuahua, beagle, or any small breed cannot take down prey that is significantly larger than said small dog. With that being said, there are other ways to defeat your opponent, physical strength doesn’t always win the fight, charas can and are encouraged to use their wits. Take their limitations due to their size and stature into thought o3o .
No txt speak in chat, this is only allowed in OOC chat

Please use (()), [[]]. {{}} when chatting OOC

NPCs are fair game: NPCs (non playable characters) are to be simply minor background charas for the rp, anything can happen to them (death, sickness ect…) at anytime by anyone/thing with or without the consent of npcs creator. With that being said, please don’t go overboard and try to kill/cause havoc to any NPC that crosses your chara’s path. NPCs are to be controlled by the user who created them, but can also be played by anyone so long as they ask consent of the creator first. I guess what I’m saying, do what you will with NPCs, so long as it is done realistically and reasonably.

There will be polls set up based on the suggestions of the rp group members to what should happen within the storyline, whether it be major or minor

If something comes up irl that limits you to posting within the rp, please let us know via OOC chat

Do you know any of the movies Felidae, Watership Down, Plague Dogs? Perhaps you are familiar with the Erin Hunter Book series, Warriors, Survivors or Seekers? This rp shares some of these tones from these books and movies. This rp will get dark, dare i say very dark, perhaps not nitty gritty details of guts and gore, but there will be material that might make people feel uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.